Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12 in a room for 54 hours ... the world according to Curt Knox.

Please note: world according to Curt (meaning this is information provided by Amanda's parents).

<modsnip>

It has been said that Knox was interrogated for 54 hours (Curt Knox) and it has been said that 12 people were interrogating Knox at the same time.

Nova, you are understating again. there were a dozen people, literally, interrogating them. I know you know that, but the situation was all 12 in a room with just one of them at times.

Doesn't that mean that 12 people were simultaneously interrogating Knox for 54 hours?

First news I've stumbled on about the CCTV footage happens on November 12, 2007. They think the person is AK, not MK. They cite the time at 843pm, but we know the clock wasn't right, so it was really 855pm.

Cameras overlooking the house in Perugia have captured the 20-year-old American student, known as Foxy Knoxy, at 8.43pm on 1 November dressed in a light-coloured skirt and top.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...flat-night-Meredith-killed.html#ixzz1QKwX5Nn6

AK was wearing this, according to FR:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/tXedPDgSYwKK14wnU6EuaJztM-YpCJ8YbSekTtdHFDc?feat=directlink

But I can't remember if it was a skirt on the bottom. But I'd want to think you could tell if the person was wearing a striped shirt in the CCTV footage.

Same article at the end makes first reference to PL's phone pinging near the cottage. The article does sound pretty open and shut; yet RG's not even in the picture yet.

Detectives are also said to be examing the pedals in Sollecito's car, which they have impounded, to discover whether any traces of blood have been left on them, according to The Times.

Sollecito's Nike trainers have taken in for forensic testing as police believe that they exactly that his trainers exactly match the bloody footprints found on the duvet in Meredith's bedroom.
Police believe that the

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...red-Meredith-belong-killer.html#ixzz1QL33ecUp

nothing came of that i guess. good effort, though. art. mentions hair in mks hand but not what kind. nov 14th

It helps the convicted murderers to move the time of death as early as possible. Knox and Sollecito have an alibi until about 8:40, when their phones simultaneusly switch off. There is activity on Raffaele's computer until about 9:10, but the complete absence of human interaction is evident. The movie runs out and nothing happens on the computer until 6 AM the following day - not even a cartoon. If the cartoon that is alleged to have been turned on at 9:26 per Sollecito's appeal really happened, there would be a computer record. Instead, the defense alleges that although there are computer records of 9:10 PM and 6 AM, the records for 9:26 PM mysteriously disappeared.

Meredith's friend testified that she got home just in time to watch a TV program. There is a call from Meredith's phone to her mom around 9. Are we to believe that Rudy nabbed Meredith at 8:47 PM and then she phoned her mom and let it ring for a while? In fact, isn't it assumed that Meredith called her mom after she separated from her friend a few minutes before 9 ... thus placing the time of death anytime between 9 PM and 12:10 AM when her father called?

The phone call between Sollecito and his father cannot be stretched as late as 8:49. They talked at 8:30ish.

You are both correct and incorrect. Raf's last proven sighting is around 8:40 (when that girl come by to tell him she didn't need him to help with the suitcase). And at 5:34 am he launched itunes. I'm not sure (someone help me out) whether it can be proven he clicked to close the movie window or whether it could just end on its own. If the click to close registered, then we can place him at his apartment at 9:10pm. Conversely, since we know he was there at 8:40 pm, we would have to think that he and Amanda left the movie playing on the laptop as they were leaving.

That's all that can be definitively proven. HOwever, the Messai report clearly states that there is data loss evident from the fact that they know a specific file was played after the date in question but before the computer came into evidence, and that missing file indicates there could be other missing information. (see page 309 of the report). Specifically Raffaele said he played Stardust, and the last modified date for that film was 4 days after Meredith died, erasing the fact that he may have watched it that night.

I don't know if the time of death can be definitively narrowed for sure less than 9:00-12:10. Anyone? 100% certainty?

Detectives are also said to be examing the pedals in Sollecito's car, which they have impounded, to discover whether any traces of blood have been left on them, according to The Times.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...red-Meredith-belong-killer.html#ixzz1QL33ecUp

nothing came of that i guess. good effort, though. art. mentions hair in mks hand but not what kind. nov 14th

Am I wrong in surmising that the Nike trainers had a very similar tread pattern to Rudy's shoes? So, in fact, we would have to surmise that Raffaelle happened to have the poor luck to choose a pair of shoes that would be quite similar to Rudy's? i.e. The reason the defense can say the shoe pattern is actually Rudy's is because the shoe bottoms are remarkably similar in tread? True or not? If true, I fall on the side of the defense for this evidence. Soft pillow, similair to tread of Rudy's... I vote Rudy.

Emyr,

Respectfully, the defense story needs work. I believe in the defenses' case, but not the scenerio you proposed for it. Your prosecution case was more believeable. It could be because you might not have a clear view of the defenses side yet. You also said you were doing it based on facts we know in the case. We do not know for a fact that it's RS's footprint in the bathroom or that it was a staged break-in. both sides were presented in court, the judge choose items from both sides, the prosecution and defense upon which to base his motivation for guilt. There is convincing evidence that the defense presented and is bringing into the appeal to prove their case about the bathmat footprint.

1. I don't believe they were fighting over phones.
2. I don't believe RG entered through the front door.
3. I don't believe he had to change hands to attack her with the knife. you immediately change the sides of attack when doing it from behind and from the front. There is evidence, her jacket being inside out, that coudl indicated that he had her from behind at first, and then somehow she got away from him. Then she'd probably be facing him. And she was most certainly facing him when he had her on the floor, raping her.
4. I don't believe he has to be superman or spiderman to get in that window. There are even photos of someone clumbing the wall to get up to the window. It's not impossible, even the judge in the MOT report literally said you do not not have to be spiderman to get in that window.
5. I'm not sold or know that it's a fact that RG left and then returned later. It's not necessary for him to do that in order to believe the defense.

I'll give you more when I return from smoking outside. But I was really hoping you had something a lot better for the defense.

There are more scenarios that could fit in with the defense so I was trying to cover them all. Actually I am not so much crafting a case that I would present as prosecution or the defense, I am looking for what the truth is. So what's the most likely scenario if it was all three. And what is the most likely scenario if it was just Rudy. That means, you can't take in any questionable , or unproven evidence. And don't use any testimony from anyone who has an agenda.

For the defense, the points I am uncertain still on, is 1) was meredith moved later, and if so, how much later, or if that is unknown. 2) Were Rudy's footprints laid out in a pattern of running or walking out the door. 3) Was there any indication of wiping away blood in the bathroom or the hallway. 4) The exact scientific data on luminol enhanced footprints, why no one elses footprints luminsced, and when exactly was that luminol testing done. 5) Whether or not the knife originated from the girls apartment or not definitively. (I know they found it at Raf's apartment).

As for my prosecution argument, I think there are things in there which can now be definitively disproven, but if I'm uncertain then I go with my understanding of what is reported. For instance, I do think the time of death has been narrowed, also I think it's been proven that Raf did call the caribineri before the police arrived. But the data I read that on didn't make it fully clear how much time the CCTV camera is off. I'd like to see the raw video and the raw cell phone logs of the arrival of the police and carbineri.

Of course I haven't read everything but reported in the papers before the Skype call was:

1. MK hadn't been seen or heard from after 830pm or 9pm Nov 1st. the paper used the times interchangeably.
2. Apparently, MK let PL into her room and the sex game started to go wrong.
3. MK had some kind of hair in her hand.
4. a flick knife or pen knife was the weason, wielded by a man.
5. MK and AK fought over hygeine and strange men at the house.
6. bloody finger prints, and biological "substance" from a 4th person found.
7. AK and RS claimed to be together that night, but then turned on each other. I saw no real evidence of what they claimed to be doing. Just said that they were at his house.
8. thought she was killed between 9 and mid night
9. 4th suspect might have been seen washing clothes from a dumpster.
10. bloody tissues outside the house.
11. Drugs are mentioned some but I didn't see anything about money.

So, whether RG had read these specific things, these are what were released in the papers prior to his skype call. That call was done Nov 18th to my knowledge.

I'll post more things if I run across more things. but I'm still trying to see how this info shapes his story and why he tells his friend that it didn't happen like in the paper. I guess he means (RG) that it wasn't a sex game gone wrong.

When did money come in? At the risk of not hearing the whole 3 hr skype call, I believe money might have come into play when the police started asking him about his bloody fingerprints on the purse.

Am I wrong in surmising that the Nike trainers had a very similar tread pattern to Rudy's shoes? So, in fact, we would have to surmise that Raffaelle happened to have the poor luck to choose a pair of shoes that would be quite similar to Rudy's? i.e. The reason the defense can say the shoe pattern is actually Rudy's is because the shoe bottoms are remarkably similar in tread? True or not? If true, I fall on the side of the defense for this evidence. Soft pillow, similair to tread of Rudy's... I vote Rudy.

The shoes both had that big circular pattern in the front, but different in the back. All shoe prints turned out to be RG's.

There are more scenarios that could fit in with the defense so I was trying to cover them all. Actually I am not so much crafting a case that I would present as prosecution or the defense, I am looking for what the truth is. So what's the most likely scenario if it was all three. And what is the most likely scenario if it was just Rudy. That means, you can't take in any questionable , or unproven evidence. And don't use any testimony from anyone who has an agenda.

For the defense, the points I am uncertain still on, is 1) was meredith moved later, and if so, how much later, or if that is unknown. 2) Were Rudy's footprints laid out in a pattern of running or walking out the door. 3) Was there any indication of wiping away blood in the bathroom or the hallway. 4) The exact scientific data on luminol enhanced footprints, why no one elses footprints luminsced, and when exactly was that luminol testing done. 5) Whether or not the knife originated from the girls apartment or not definitively. (I know they found it at Raf's apartment).

As for my prosecution argument, I think there are things in there which can now be definitively disproven, but if I'm uncertain then I go with my understanding of what is reported. For instance, I do think the time of death has been narrowed, also I think it's been proven that Raf did call the caribineri before the police arrived. But the data I read that on didn't make it fully clear how much time the CCTV camera is off. I'd like to see the raw video and the raw cell phone logs of the arrival of the police and carbineri.

I'm sorry, I just thought you were trying to argue the sides from both viewpoints, so I was confused.

I think in searching for the truth, we have to know that there are about 5 versions of the truth.

1. Rudy's, which he was there on a date and didn't do it.
2. AK and RS's, which was they don't even know what happened because they were not even there.
3. MK's, which will never hear unfortunately.
4. The prosecutions, which is all three did it together but the motive is unclear.
5. the current Defense, which is RG did it and AK and RS are innocent.

I believe that sometimes there are 100% lies, sometimes there are lies based on the truth, and sometimes there's a person's perception of things, which may not agree with anyone else's perception, but doesn't make it a "lie."

So in saying that, we have to sort the lies, the half truths, etc from everyone's "perceptions" if we ever hope to know the truth.

as for your questions, I can tell you the answers from what I know to be fact and from my perception of the case.

1. I think she was moved, but not much later than the fight. I believe she got stabbed by the waredrobe, a stab that brought her down to the floor, and as she laid there bleeding, RG got the sheets and pillows off the bed and dragged her into the final position they found her in. At that point, he could have also went to get the towels from the bathroom or something. the blood drops on her breasts are supposed to indicate that while on her back in her final resting place, she was still breathing. I believe this is when he took off her pants and panties, which you see right by her feet in the murder room, and he attempted to rape her. maybe it was even at that point when he realized what he'd done to her and he couldn't stay erect anymore, and maybe went to get the towels to help her at that point. I don't know.

He could have even had the thought that he'd call the ambulance after he got far enough away but then just got scared and chucked the phones. He could have tried to call the ambulance right there in the house with her phones and that's what the "playing with the phone" was all about. When he couldn't get them to work, he just left with them and chucked them. I don't know. He could have stolen them because he stole phones before. He had a backpack with some in there when he was caugh at the nursery--people's keys, too.

2. RG's left shoe print made a circular pattern on the pillowcase as if he was struggling with her or perhaps struggling to move her over into the final position. then there were 3 prints that I interpret as him going over to the bed, where he could have taken the time to go through her purse, which was on top of the bed that now has no bedsheet on it. Next, his left foot print fades as he goes out the front door. There is NO right footprint accept the barefooted one on the bathmat, which is a strong indication to me that RG somehow lost a shoe in the struggle. I think he then removed both shoes and walked to the bathroom. While rinsing his jeans or bloody right foot, or hands, whatever in the shower or the bidet, he put his foot on that bathmat, making the watery blood prints. To me, that toe looks obvious dissimiliar to RS's distinct hammer toe, but you have to look at it through your own perception. The Defense makes a good case for botched measurements etc of the print.

3. I do not believe any blood was wiped up because, as you already said, we'd see those wipe marks and not clear prints if someone had wiped something off the floor or another surface.

4. I don't know what date the lum. testing was done, but there has to be something either on the floor or on the foot or shoe to make it show up. I don't know if they did the floor of the entire cottage, either. You can see spect like substances on the floor tested, which they think is the detergent from prior cleaning. I think the prints in the hallway could be AK's from showering in the murder bathroom and stepping on RG's footprints, but the test for blood in those prints came out negative. Additionally, the investigator who did that test tried to hide that information from the court until she was forced to hand it over half way through the trial.

5. The kitchen knife came from RS's kitchen. So the prosecution had to figure out why or how the knife got to the cottage to be involved in a crime of passion murder. They came up with a very stupid reason, if you ask me.

I'm very interested at when money came into the motive.

Seems like that didn't want to blame it on AK or RS because, of course, neither of their prints are on MK's bag in blood. They knew they had a third person's print or dna or something on it in blood, so that's when the cornered AK about any third suspect, and she goes off blaming PL.

Then when the prints come back RG, they get him in there and he starts now having to make up excuses about what happened to the money. Sound right?

because up till the 18nov, all the motive in the paper was sex-fueled drug killing and AK and MK fought over hygeine and AK brought strange men home, type thing. Then after RG came in the mix, the motive evolved.

The theory that Meredith was robbed by Knox is being considered by police after a drug pusher in Perugia told detectives she was in debt to her pusher.
Another line of inquiry is that the money was taken by another suspect Rudy Hermann Guede, 20, and used to finance his escape from Italy to Germany where he was arrested last month on a train without a ticket.
Eduardo Giobbi, of the Rome based Serious Crime Squad, and who has been seconded to help colleagues in Perugia where Meredith was murdered said: "We know that Meredith arrived home at around 9pm.
"Knox and Guede were very probably in the house and we know that Meredith hid money among her clothes - it's possible that either Knox or Guede had taken the money."Checks on her account have revealed that she withdrew 250 Euro, to pay her rent which was due on November 1 but the landlord never received it.
"When Knox was searched after being held she was found to have 215 Euro on her.
"It's possible that Guede may have taken the money and then used it to travel to Germany - he left Perugia the

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nt-Foxy-Knoxy-stolen-money.html#ixzz1QLUysTUM

I know this. AK had $4000 in her bank account. unless she was $4, 200 or so in debt to this pusher, what was the point of murdering MK just to rob that little bit of cash of MK? And isn't her new bf, RS's family wealthy? She couldn't ask him to save her from the pusher? Come on, now.

ETA--also note they said Knox and Guede were very probably in the house. NOT ONE WORD about RS, the one who's family HAS money.

Wonder how they knew MK hid money in her drawers? FR? (who knows who keeps whom's doors locked, where the money is kept, where the glass is, everything) and then suddenly, RG knows this fact, too. Go figure. Either because he stole it or because the police told him about it. He might not even have stolen money out her drawer in the first place. Might have gotten it out of her purse and just went along with it being in the drawer so he could make up the story about Knox.

Guede, a citizen of the Ivory Coast, has admitted he was at Meredith's flat after his bloodied fingerprint was found on toilet paper and a pillow at the murder scene, while his DNA was also found on Meredith-He says he "only kissed her" and has denied murder, claiming that a mystery man armed with a knife killed Meredith while he was in the bathroom and then escaped.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pect-flown-Italy-handcuffs.html#ixzz1QLY5WK2w

What toilet paper was his bloody fingerprint found on? was it HIS blood, Mk's blood? anyone know about this? I thought his DNA was found on the toilet paper in the toilet?

The DNA results came as the pathologist in the case said the sex attack on Meredith may have been faked, and the mother of Meredith's former roomate Amanda Knox said her daughter was "suffering" in prison.
Police have maintained that Meredith, 21, was knifed to death in the Italian town of Perugia after refusing to take part in some form of violent sex game.
However, it emerged yesterday that pathologist Luca Lalli, who had carried out the original post mortem, had indicated to prosecutors that "sexual violence Meredith suffered may have been simulated".
Detectives know that Meredith withdrew 200 Euro to pay her rent money just days before she was murdered but no trace of it has been found.
It is also known that the night she died Meredith checked her bank balance online via her mobile phone.
Forensic results have revealed the presence of a male chromosome on the handbag believed to be sweat and it has matched Guede's.
Inside there was blood stains which were Meredith's.
A police source said: "The DNA was a match for Guede's and there was also Meredith's blood inside the handbag.
"Checks are still being carried out to see if there is any DNA from others inside the handbag.
"The theory we are working on is that the killer rifled through Meredith's bag and took her rent money.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-faked-Meredith-sex-attack.html#ixzz1QLdDDqhR

Prosecution's changing theory.

1. Sexual orgy gone wrong.
2. Fight over money that MK kept in her lingerie drawer.
3. caught stealing the money from Mk's purse.

It's ironic that the prosecution claims simulated sexual assault and simulated burglary, and the defense claims contaminated knife and contaminiated bra clasp!

[The theory we are working on is that the killer rifled through Meredith's bag and took her rent money.
"We know she withdraw 200 Euro from a cashpoint to pay her rent but the landlord never received it and this money has not been traced."
Guede's lawyer Vittorio Lombardo said: "We have been informed about this but our position has not changed.
"We have always said that Guede was at the house that night and he has admitted it himself.
"It is clear that the police will find his DNA there, on the bag and elsewhere but it does not mean he is the killer."
Guede's DNA has already been located on a piece of toilet paper at the murder scene and on a bloody handprint found on a pillow.
His DNA was also found on Meredith's bra as was that of Sollecito, three other samples of DNA from "persons unknown" were also located.
It was originally claimed in Dr Lalli's inquest that Meredith, a Leeds University student from Coulsdon, Surrey, was the victim of "sexual violence".
However, a fresh examination of his notes requested by the examining judge Claudia Matteini has revealed that he now believes the violence may have been "simulated to make it look as if she had been the victim of a sex attack".
The DNA from Guede that was found on Meredith was "finger skin cells and not sperm"m, according to sources.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-faked-Meredith-sex-attack.html#ixzz1QLeRS2zG

How do you tell the difference between finger cells and toe cells? Or nose cells? or thigh cells? Seriously. I want to know.

investigators ALSO claim contamination on the bra. Throw the bra out now!

unidentified DNA samples were found on the bra.
"We know that they were x and y chromosomes and that means male and female.
"It does not mean necessarily that there was another killer - the most likely cause is cross-contamination.
"We know that a lot of people came in and out of the house and someone could have innocently picked up the bra.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-faked-Meredith-sex-attack.html#ixzz1QLfgzeD4

Why can other people innocently handle MK's bra, but not RS or RG?

March 2008, after a 6 hour interrogation, RG tells them what they want to hear. Apparently after failing to identify RS back in December. AK standing at "the door" and RS apparently stabbing MK and attacking MK with a knife.

"He answered the prosecutor's questions fully and frankly and I could not have asked any more."
However, the family and lawyer of Raffaelle Sollecito dismissed Guede's confession.
A statement from the family said: "This version of events was planned and agreed beforehand.
"What he says is totally unfounded and without proof. He is saying all this now after months in jail. It is also interesting to note that it comes less than a week before the application for the removal of custody.
"At the same time it is also interesting to read of the prosecution's satisfaction and that's because it was all agreed and planned beforehand."
Guede told prosecutors that he recognised Sollecito from photographs shown to him while being questioned at Perugia's Capanne jail.
When he was first questioned in December he told police he could identify the killer who he claims to have fought with. However at the time he failed to do so and he has only now confessed that Sollecito and Knox were at the scene.
Luca Maori, Sollecito's lawyer, said: "We are waiting to see the full statement and see exactly what it says. But it strikes me as being an unlikely account and comes from someone who is also very hard to believe.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-murder-scene-says-suspect.html#ixzz1QLhMUkVo

March 2008, after a 6 hour interrogation, RG tells them what they want to hear. Apparently after failing to identify RS back in December. AK standing at "the door" and RS apparently stabbing MK and attacking MK with a knife.
right...
Rudy Guede's attorney, Walter Biscotti, came out of the interrogation (which lasted more than 7 hours) and said that Rudy claims to be innocent, he admits his presence, admits contacts with Meredith but he says he didn't kill her.
Biscotti specifies that "He didn't name anyone because there's no one to be named". He didn’t see the murderer well in the face, but an attempt of describing the person more precisely will be done on a meeting which is to be settled by judges for the purpose.
Walter specified that no pictures of suspects have been shown to Rudy.
And Rudy doesn't know Raffaele and knew Amanda just by sight.
zimbio.com

I'm very interested at when money came into the motive.

Seems like that didn't want to blame it on AK or RS because, of course, neither of their prints are on MK's bag in blood. They knew they had a third person's print or dna or something on it in blood, so that's when the cornered AK about any third suspect, and she goes off blaming PL.

Then when the prints come back RG, they get him in there and he starts now having to make up excuses about what happened to the money. Sound right?

because up till the 18nov, all the motive in the paper was sex-fueled drug killing and AK and MK fought over hygeine and AK brought strange men home, type thing. Then after RG came in the mix, the motive evolved.
more like.. the motive was solved

right...
Rudy Guede's attorney, Walter Biscotti, came out of the interrogation (which lasted more than 7 hours) and said that Rudy claims to be innocent, he admits his presence, admits contacts with Meredith but he says he didn't kill her.
Biscotti specifies that "He didn't name anyone because there's no one to be named". He didn&#8217;t see the murderer well in the face, but an attempt of describing the person more precisely will be done on a meeting which is to be settled by judges for the purpose.
Walter specified that no pictures of suspects have been shown to Rudy.
And Rudy doesn't know Raffaele and knew Amanda just by sight.
zimbio.com

What a change from December to March, huh?

would it be perjury if RG just sits up there and picks his favorite versions to retell?

Wonder how uncomfortable his chair will be as he retells his "uncomfortable truths" on the witness stand.

I don't know if we discussed this, apparently Oggi quoted from that interview where Mig was talking about AK could have been outside the murder room barking orders. He ordered them to print his letter of denial of these statements, which is his right by law.

Oggi printed his letter, but also reasserted what was actually said in the taped interview.

See this link, where people on randi translated Oggi.

JREF Forum - View Single Post - Continuation Part 2 - Discussion of the Amanda Knox case

http://injusticeinperugia.blogspot.com/2011/06/shocking-interview-with-prosecutor.html

...It has been said that Knox was interrogated for 54 hours (Curt Knox) and it has been said that 12 people were interrogating Knox at the same time.

Doesn't that mean that 12 people were simultaneously interrogating Knox for 54 hours?

No, it does not. It merely means that at some point during those 54 hours (or 40-some per AK's attorney), 12 people were interrogating Knox.

I believe the OP was referring to the two hours before AK's first statement implicating PL.

Personally, while I know that AK was interrogated by a "team" and 12 investigators were available, I do not know if all 12 were ever in the interrogation room at the same time.

What we do know for sure is that it was an ordeal for AK. Otherwise, she wouldn't have put herself at the scene of the crime, must less implicated PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee