Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This little "seizure" also leads me to believe Stephanoni hadn't been taking this seriously until she saw the presentation. Mig or whomever probably lit into her and that's why they were scrambling to get the video. They finally figured out after about a month that they needed to mount a defense. Shoe's on the other foot, prosecution....

I am sure you have seen the long lists of evidence printed on the internet and in this thread as well. The media campaign that is going on all goes back to the Knox family and their hired propaganda team. People just love innocent and entertainment. It is pretty sad. The knife and bra clasp is not the only evidence but how come it is being reported like that? If you try to be objective for a moment then you see that a little criticism about the media reporting is in its place here.

For as far as I can tell now, the independent experts are not doing the defense any favors. It is just way over the top. They are practically criticizing every part of the investigation and that was not their assignment. I would have expected a far more cautious approach and not insult the whole investigation including the legal system because after all many judges have already looked at this case as well. This is going to backfire on the defense IMO. On the other hand, it is a bit premature to really say where all of this is going ;)

The problem with the supposed Knox PR stance is that so much information had been given to the media by ILE specifically MN prior to the Knox's having even contacted someone to help them with the interviews.

This is where this theory simply flies right out the door.

'Absolute certainty'. The blood was on the top half of the blade. Starch near the handle doesn't mean a thing. You could even say that it indicates that AK didn't clean it all that thoroughly making it more likely that a bit of MK's DNA was found on the tip. I agree that the defense will claim contamination. That is just my opinion, so not absolute certain ;)

There was no blood on the blade. This is again is misinformation

You're right, I should say "absolute certainty" for me. Actually I shouldn't use that word at all.

But the mathematical likelihood of stabbing someone in the neck with a kitchen knife, and the resulting wound ONLY leaving blood on half of the blade is extremely unlikely, especially given the blood spray that is evident in the room. The mechanics of this working out to leave starch on the blade is impossible for me to imagine. If you can come up with a plausible scenario, I'm all ears.

And the prosecution states the knife was thoroughly cleaned and that's why they found it suspicious. So was it thoroughly cleaned or not?

Very hinky.

In the testimony it was stated that the knife was plunged as deep as it could go and twisted which caused the damage. (IIRC this was the testimony of Dr. Lalli)

The starch if this had of been the murder weapon would of acted like a sponge therefore it is impossible this knife was involved

The knife was collected by a police officer because it looked shiny clean and was laying on top. The guy said he had a hunch. Make of it whatever you will. It is what it is..lol.. There most likely was some blood on the handle as well, but it wasn't covered totally in blood like the top of the blade. The handle is covered by her hand. If Meredith's DNA can remain on the blade then why wouldn't a little starch remain near the handle? We also can't be absolutely sure if the starch was there already in the first place or did it get there sometime after the cleaning. So what can we say with absolute certainty about the starch? Nothing. You will never hear about any starch again IMO.

Impossible do the type of damage done by the knife.

BBM

Impossible again as you would remove the possibility of detecting any DNA before you could remove the possibility of detecting blood. This theory falls to pieces for that fact alone. This is simply grasping at straws

I find it amusing that after all these years of hearing constant cries of 'she lies, she lies!' regarding AK, there is silence after the experts provided direct, undeniable proof that Stephanoni and members of PLE blatantly lied in their testimony.

Well, I guess I'll have to say it then. Stephanoni - She lies! She lies! :crazy:

What I found even more amusing is in one of the links I believe it was you that provided, someone in the comment section listed many of the lies of ILE. It is worth reading and I wish I could simply copy that persons comments here as that one post alone was worth the read :)

You make it sound as if they should have collected half the kitchen. It doesn't work like that. They collected the suspicious kitchen knife. Nothing wrong with that. They also collected RS's personal knife which could have well caused the other wounds, and seems to match the bed print. Unfortunately no DNA on that one. So if anybody really thinks they planted evidence to frame these kids then why no DNA on that knife?

Again the real question is will this test result be accepted by the appeal court. And isn't it funny that for years I read posts that this knife doesn't mean a thing since AK's DNA on the handle doesn't connect her to the murder, but now it is suddenly the one and only piece of evidence...lol...

If they were doing their job properly they should of collected every single knife they came across. Not one based on investigative intuition. Again this is where this theory falls apart

I can't speak for everybody else but my understanding is that they were saying the knife is of no significance because the DNA was so low and of course AK would be on the handle as she cooked at RS's place. It was also the ONLY piece of evidence that directly connected AK to the murder.

What I'm saying is that those two views are not incompatible at all so it isn't that strange to hear people saying both things.

Also what is interesting to note is that Stephanoni did 2 quantitative tests on the knife. She must not of got the results needed the first time around but did when she redid it again in December :giggle:

Except that it isnt at all conclusive that the DNA on the knife is Merediths. Even looking at the original report, it is still not conclusive. Per the experts.

Do you question their conclusions?

Needs repeating. Thank you trillian!!

Perugia Shock : Frank Sfarzo, July 26, 2011: tells of how police sent from Perugia went looking for the experts of the independent panel:

2015465671.jpg

http://perugiashock.com/2011/07/26/conti-and-vecchiotti-the-police-at-the-door/

ALSO noteworthy:
http://gmancasefile.blogspot.com/2011/07/does-daily-beast-look-little-yellower.html?spref=bl

Truly there is not a need for a Knox PR machine. ILE makes themselves look like fools without any help from anyone. Desperation has set in

The saga continues....

It's crazy and the last people you ought go rolling up on without a search warrant are the VERY ONES who are sticklers for procedure. That move just goes to prove that the prosecution doesn't give a damn about procedure or doing things properly, as long as they get their desired outcome. The oldheads are about to learn a thing or two about the new laws. This will hopefully be a time in Italy where the new judical rules they put in place start to get followed by those who've been in office for decades.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Wondering what song you will come up for this one :giggle:

This little "seizure" also leads me to believe Stephanoni hadn't been taking this seriously until she saw the presentation. Mig or whomever probably lit into her and that's why they were scrambling to get the video. They finally figured out after about a month that they needed to mount a defense. Shoe's on the other foot, prosecution....

yeah by bulldozing and trumping up charges... Sollecito’s lawyer (Bongiorno) most likely his sister, the cop who said 'disorganization beyond belief' and the scientists. Mignini's modus operandi in action

perugiashock.com Frank wrote:

"President Hellmann had to slam his hand on the bench to stop Comodi and Maresca, who were interrupting Stefano Conti."​
Maresca? I'm not impressed

In the testimony it was stated that the knife was plunged as deep as it could go and twisted which caused the damage. (IIRC this was the testimony of Dr. Lalli)

The starch if this had of been the murder weapon would of acted like a sponge therefore it is impossible this knife was involved

and required the strength of a man ... Amanda is very small - 5'2" or 5'3"

Truly there is not a need for a Knox PR machine. ILE makes themselves look like fools without any help from anyone. Desperation has set in

The saga continues....
Here is more on that story:

canale-1.png

"Italians cops harass scientists in Amanda Knox trial"

In a move, Perugia prosecutors sent two police patrols to Rome today and tried to seize a DVD from the court-appointed independent experts who testified Monday in the Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito appeals trial, according to Perugia-based blogger Frank Sfarzo.

This latest harassment follows threats by police forensic scientist Patrizia Stefanoni to sue the experts for “false statements” supposedly made in their 145-page, meticulously argued report. After a five-month investigation, the experts reject the forensics investigation, call the DNA tests “unreliable,” and identify 54 glaring mistakes that could free the two college students.

The former lovers are appealing their conviction for the murder of British student Meredith Kercher, Amanda’s flatmate. Their new, evidence-based trial has exposed the police investigation as Pink Pantherish and the lab work as shamelessly slipshod.
http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/2011/07/26/italians-cops-harass-scientists-in-amanda-knox-trial/

I would be surprised if Amanda and Raffaele do not win their appeal - it's becoming more and more circus like..

Amanda appears still very beautiful and while I have no idea of the ordeal this has been for her, I believe she will do okay in the long run - perhaps a lucrative book deal or something....

I feel most sorry for Raffaele. You don't see the news out to get his picture that much.... he's overshadowed by the beautiful Amanda ......
How will he fare when this is all over with? - all that he has gone through for a such a very short affair with a gal who appears no longer interested in him. Wow a sad love story if ever there was one, and what a price to pay!

I would be surprised if Amanda and Raffaele do not win their appeal - it's becoming more and more circus like..

Amanda appears still very beautiful and while I have no idea of the ordeal this has been for her, I believe she will do okay in the long run - perhaps a lucrative book deal or something....

I feel most sorry for Raffaele. You don't see the news out to get his picture that much.... he's overshadowed by the beautiful Amanda ......
How will he fare when this is all over with? - all that he has gone through for a such a very short affair with a gal who appears no longer interested in him. Wow a sad love story if ever there was one, and what a price to pay!
Yes, I am sure hoping it will go that way. I think Raffaele, if he goes free (*fingers crossed*) will have the support of his father, who is a prominent Italian surgeon, and his sister, who appears to really love him. He was getting a Master's degree when the arrests occurred, so he should be able to continue his career, too. If only they are set free!

I think this is his blessing. If/When they are released he will find it easier to get back to his normal life and finish school. Amanda is the one who was demonized for years, not Raffaele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie