Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is his blessing. If/When they are released he will find it easier to get back to his normal life and finish school. Amanda is the one who was demonized for years, not Raffaele.
Yes, I guess that is true. He was not the one getting all the "Foxy Knoxy" press the first 2 years. Of course, he did not get the positive attention either. But I am sure he and Amanda will never forget eachother.

Of course I question their conclusions. They are much too one-sided, a bit over the top IMO. I have been critical of the prosecution, defense and now I criticize he independent experts as well. Is that not allowed?

I think it's quite miraculous that the DNA testing and collection of evidence related to Guede was done correctly, and more significantly that the testing of Knox DNA on the knife handle also was done correctly. It is significant that evidence collected and analysed in the crime scene that does not implicate the lovebirds was correct. That must be quite a relief to the court experts. At least not everything they did is criticized.

The knife blade could only have been contaminated in the lab, so we see a tidy argument from the Rome experts identifying how that could have happened. It's not a very interesting hypothetical argument about what could have happened and it is unfortunate that there is no proof to support the hypothesis. The funny thing is that the results of the DNA analysis do match Meredith's DNA.

The clasp could have been contaminated at the crime scene or the lab. This hypothetical argument seems to cover all the bases proposed by the vocal self-proclaimed US experts. This argument seems to be dangling to some extent. If contamination occurred in the cottage, at the same time that other correctly processed evidence was collected from the sealed crime scene, where did it come from? How did DNA from Sollecito, and not anyone else that lived in the cottage, manage to attach itself to the clasp? Why didn't his DNA attach itself to one of the bathrooms, Filomina's bedroom or even Amanda's bedroom? Sollecito's DNA must have been on a self-destructive mission to fly from the kitchen, into the bedroom, only to land on a crucial piece of crime scene evidence.

I look forward to hearing from the other experts.

I think it's quite miraculous that the DNA testing and collection of evidence related to Guede was done correctly, and more significantly that the testing of Knox DNA on the knife handle also was done correctly. It is significant that evidence collected and analysed in the crime scene that does not implicate the lovebirds was correct. That must be quite a relief to the court experts. At least not everything they did is criticized.

The knife blade could only have been contaminated in the lab, so we see a tidy argument from the Rome experts identifying how that could have happened. It's not a very interesting hypothetical argument about what could have happened and it is unfortunate that there is no proof to support the hypothesis. The funny thing is that the results of the DNA analysis do match Meredith's DNA.

The clasp could have been contaminated at the crime scene or the lab. This hypothetical argument seems to cover all the bases proposed by the vocal self-proclaimed US experts. This argument seems to be dangling to some extent. If contamination occurred in the cottage, at the same time that other correctly processed evidence was collected from the sealed crime scene, where did it come from? How did DNA from Sollecito, and not anyone else that lived in the cottage, manage to attach itself to the clasp? Why didn't his DNA attach itself to one of the bathrooms, Filomina's bedroom or even Amanda's bedroom? Sollecito's DNA must have been on a self-destructive mission to fly from the kitchen, into the bedroom, only to land on a crucial piece of crime scene evidence.

The new experts did not review those findings. However, if they did, I'm not so sure they would find all of Guede's evidence was collected and analyzed correctly. In point of fact, the reason the results for the handle of the knife are not contested is because it is clear it cannot result from contamination (peaks are quite high). It's like contesting a smudged fingerprint as compared to a clear fingerptint. Certainly you can attack the collection of fingerprint evidence on the smudged ones, but say the clear ones still stand.

Tthe bra clasp clearly has at least a 3rd person and possibly a 4th person's DNA. Maundy has shown that Casey Anthony's DNA is more likely than Amanda's DNA. It isn't Rudy's. Whose is it? The burden of proof is not on the defense to figure out whose it is to prove the evidence is sound, it is the prosecutions.

There's no way that knife can be the murder weapon b/c it can't have starch (indicating it wasn't thoroughly cleaned) and also be the murder weapon (so well cleaned it only left the faintest trace of Meredith on the tip.) So the knife result is contaminated. In fact, if we start saying RFU peaks at Meredith's height count as real DNA evidence, then the bra clasp might have 5 DNA profiles on it. You see all the tiny peaks on the graph?

These tiny peaks can also be seen on the cigarette butt graph.

I would be surprised if Amanda and Raffaele do not win their appeal - it's becoming more and more circus like..

Amanda appears still very beautiful and while I have no idea of the ordeal this has been for her, I believe she will do okay in the long run - perhaps a lucrative book deal or something....

I feel most sorry for Raffaele. You don't see the news out to get his picture that much.... he's overshadowed by the beautiful Amanda ......
How will he fare when this is all over with? - all that he has gone through for a such a very short affair with a gal who appears no longer interested in him. Wow a sad love story if ever there was one, and what a price to pay!

Speaking from the perspective of a different sexual orientation, RS is just as good-looking as AK. Particularly when he grows out his hair. He may have his own opportunities after an acquittal.

I do wonder why AK was his first serious girlfriend. Maybe RS is just shy, but he seems bold enough in accounts of their meeting at the concert.

As I'm sure you know, the court-appointed experts did not opine on the evidence that implicates RG.

<modsnip>: the contamination of DNA is not an affirmative defense; the defendants do not have the burden of proving contamination beyond a reasonable doubt. But that doesn't make the proven potential contamination "hypothetical."

DNA results that COULD come from contamination because proper protocol was not followed are no longer reliable evidence. They can't be used to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Not by any sane court.

Speaking from the perspective of a different sexual orientation, RS is just as good-looking as AK. Particularly when he grows out his hair. He may have his own opportunities after an acquittal.

I do wonder why AK was his first serious girlfriend. Maybe RS is just shy, but he seems bold enough in accounts of their meeting at the concert.

You know, I always thought Raffaele was not only beautiful, but was always struck by the eerie twin-like quality that he and Amanda shared:

101216_Raffaele_Sollecito.jpg

amanda_knox--300x300.jpg

Former FBI agent Steve Moore's observations on DNA protocol re Knox case:

r

1. Poor evidence collection procedures: dirty gloves, not changing footwear between rooms, loose hair, not using tweezers consistently, failure to process crime scene effectively and efficiently. Not only was the bra clasp not collected until 47 days later, it was then passed between agents with dirty gloves and placed back on the floor to be photographed.

2. Failure to collect half of the victim’s clothes that were physically removed from her body. It wasn’t only the bra clasp that was collected 47 days later. Meredith Kercher’s blue Adidas jacket with sleeves turned inside out from being pulled off of her, her socks with blood on the cuffs from being removed by her killer, bra clasp which had been photographed early on, shoes, tote bag the killer may have looked through and a brown leather purse with blood near the zipper had also not been collected. All of these items were left behind for 6 weeks uncollected until the Forensic Police went back to the cottage on Dec 18, 2007. Rudy Guede's DNA was later found on the purse and jacket.

3. Hazmat outfits. The Forensic Police were wearing the wrong gear. In Hazmat outfits the footwear cannot be changed between rooms as required.

4. Patrizia Stefanoni obfuscated the truth when she said she didn’t do a blood test on luminol footprints. She actually had performed a TMB test that got negative results. The FBI uses TMB and a negative result excludes the presence of blood.

5. Officer Gioia Brocci used collection swabs in the bathroom with wide wipes that would mix any DNA. She also incorrectly used both sides of the collection swabs.

6. Failure to test a potential semen stain found on the pillow underneath the victim’s hips.

[video=youtube;j-1SNQPWX9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-1SNQPWX9Q[/video]

Here also is a link to the conclusions on the independent experts' DNA and forensic evidence report: and some links to Dr. Greg Hampakian's opinions on this, all of which I just received in an email from IIP:
http://knoxdnareport.wordpress.com/contents/conclusions-2/

The Independent DNA Experts review of the Kitchen Knife and the Bra Clasp evidence has been turned in and the first court date discussing the results was on July 25. Dr. Greg Hampikian is a DNA expert who co-authored an Open Letter on 19 Nov 2009 along with Dr. Elizabeth Johnson and 7 others. The Conti-Vecchiotti DNA review report’s findings are very much in line with the Open Letter. The independent experts found the forensics flawed because international protocols were not followed, contamination and erroneous interpretation. Dr. Hampikian is also the founder of the Idaho Innocence Project and an advisor for the defense. He will be able to explain the findings in the report better than any other. He has a cordial, humorous and accessible way of explaining forensics to non-scientists.

Dr Greg Hampikian - New Hope for Amanda Knox - YouTube

Article Re acquiring of DVD by Perugia polizia and the prosecution's plans for Saturday and Monday in court:

rsz_9533.JPG

Perugia, July 27 (Adnkronos) - The DVD used by the two experts Vecchiotti Carla and Stefano Conti and 'was filed at the Registry of the Court of Assizes of Appeal of Perugia, in the trial of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito to the murder of Meredith Kercher . The images were also acquired by the police science with a specific authorization of the court.

The Perugia prosecutor's office had asked that the DVD was filed on Saturday in view of the hearing in which experts will be questioned by the prosecutor Manuela Comfortable.

In the dvd you see clips of the video that was made during the site visit the murder house, and some excerpts of the minutes of the hearing in which police described the scientific work done by them. The two experts have argued that the work of scientific and 'unreliable and that the results are unreliable. The prosecution maintains the proper work of the forensic and e 'ready to prove to the judges of the court.
http://www.libero-news.it/news/792077/Omicidio-Meredith-depositato-dvd-immagini-scientifica-usato-dai-periti.html

And an article musing about the fierce rebuttal expected on Saturday is here at TJMK:

http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php

The new experts did not review those findings. However, if they did, I'm not so sure they would find all of Guede's evidence was collected and analyzed correctly. In point of fact, the reason the results for the handle of the knife are not contested is because it is clear it cannot result from contamination (peaks are quite high). It's like contesting a smudged fingerprint as compared to a clear fingerptint. Certainly you can attack the collection of fingerprint evidence on the smudged ones, but say the clear ones still stand.

Tthe bra clasp clearly has at least a 3rd person and possibly a 4th person's DNA. Maundy has shown that Casey Anthony's DNA is more likely than Amanda's DNA. It isn't Rudy's. Whose is it? The burden of proof is not on the defense to figure out whose it is to prove the evidence is sound, it is the prosecutions.

There's no way that knife can be the murder weapon b/c it can't have starch (indicating it wasn't thoroughly cleaned) and also be the murder weapon (so well cleaned it only left the faintest trace of Meredith on the tip.) So the knife result is contaminated. In fact, if we start saying RFU peaks at Meredith's height count as real DNA evidence, then the bra clasp might have 5 DNA profiles on it. You see all the tiny peaks on the graph?

These tiny peaks can also be seen on the cigarette butt graph.
There is that starch again ;) Funny how if a bra clasp is left for 6 weeks in a sealed room, people scream contamination. But if a kitchen knife is left in a kitchen drawer for days and is possibly still being used then of course we can't have any starch on it. The starch means nothing. JMO.

You are right Nova! I should have done a better job wording what I was trying to say.

I would be surprised if Amanda and Raffaele do not win their appeal - it's becoming more and more circus like..

Amanda appears still very beautiful and while I have no idea of the ordeal this has been for her, I believe she will do okay in the long run - perhaps a lucrative book deal or something....

I feel most sorry for Raffaele. You don't see the news out to get his picture that much.... he's overshadowed by the beautiful Amanda ......
How will he fare when this is all over with? - all that he has gone through for a such a very short affair with a gal who appears no longer interested in him. Wow a sad love story if ever there was one, and what a price to pay!

don't forget, for over three years the media completely destroyed her. only recently has a positive light been cast in her direction (I'm sure there's more on the horizon) but neither are in the clear and as far as public opinion, I'd be willing to guess, most everyone still knows her as that American girl who murdered her roommate in Italy...

I see it differently, I think he's been spared.

ETA: just read evelyn24 (ditto)

You are right Nova! I should have done a better job wording what I was trying to say.
Steve, I think there is indeed something "waif-like" and lost about Raffaele, so I can see why you would worry a bit about him, as I do also.

There is that starch again ;) Funny how if a bra clasp is left for 6 weeks in a sealed room, people scream contamination. But if a kitchen knife is left in a kitchen drawer for days and is possibly still being used then of course we can't have any starch on it. The starch means nothing. JMO.

The starch is the least of the problems with that knife as evidence. E finito!

Steve, I think there is indeed something "waif-like" and lost about Raffaele, so I can see why you would worry a bit about him, as I do also.

I'm speculating, but I think that might be the reason behind the shaved head.

It probably isn't a good idea to look too "waif-like" or pretty in a men's prison.

How odd that Perugia LE is up and ready to investigate Aviello's claim that he committed perjury in return for a bribe by the Sollecitos. We never saw that much energy when it came to investigating Aviello's original lie that his brother killed MK by mistakes and hid the keys, etc.

I'm speculating, but I think that might be the reason behind the shaved head.

It probably isn't a good idea to look too "waif-like" or pretty in a men's prison.
Yikes, you are right. And here I was wondering why "he shaved all the pretty hair off". I hope he gets out of there soon. :(

How odd that Perugia LE is up and ready to investigate Aviello's claim that he committed perjury in return for a bribe by the Sollecitos. We never saw that much energy when it came to investigating Aviello's original lie that his brother killed MK by mistakes and hid the keys, etc.
Yes, their agenda is absolutely in a different direction to ours......

Yes, I am sure hoping it will go that way. I think Raffaele, if he goes free (*fingers crossed*) will have the support of his father, who is a prominent Italian surgeon, and his sister, who appears to really love him. He was getting a Master's degree when the arrests occurred, so he should be able to continue his career, too. If only they are set free!

he seems pretty well adjusted (considering) -- I just hope the allegations against his sister aren't true -

I meant to post this for Steve, I wasn't sure if he (or anyone else) had ever been to Raffaele's site.. much better pictures of him

here is the English version:
http://www.raffaelesollecito.org/en/index.html

he seems pretty well adjusted (considering) -- I just hope the allegations against his sister aren't true -

I meant to post this for Steve, I wasn't sure if he (or anyone else) had ever been to Raffaele's site.. much better pictures of him

here is the English version:
http://www.raffaelesollecito.org/en/index.html
Thanks for posting this site! I had stumbled upon it some months ago, but had forgotten it. I think his sister really loves him. This pic of the 2 of them in Perugia is very nice: and you can see that Raff was clearly a very beautiful and loved child:

photos_raffaele_vanessa_2003.jpg

raf_6_anni_248x292.jpg

raf_3_anni_248x536.jpg

dang sherlockh, you must think they are seriously morbid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie