Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is just another way to slam the families of the defendants, people who are just as innocent as the Kerchers.

The situation of the Knox/Mellas family and that of the Kerchers are completely different. There is no way to compare them. But all the families have behaved with more grace and dignity than a lot of internet posters.

In fairness for me ive never seen the Kerchers do anything to be criticised for. They rarely do interviews and really keep out of the public eye...whereas Amandas relations seem to be totally different put it that way.

You haven't shown anything. The cell phone records have shown a connection time of 3 and 4 seconds. Those are the facts.

Was Knox desperate? Of course not. She did nothing much at all after discovering the crime scene ... but she also claims that she was so desperate that she and Sollecito tried to break down Meredith's door. Read her email to see how desperate she claims she was.

Again, you simply refuse to read what anyone else posts. This is the last time I am going to explain this.

I did NOT contest the connection times. What I addressed was AK's perception of how long she let the phone ring, since that is the actual issue you raised. Did AK make an honest attempt to reach MK or was she merely faking it?

I've experimented with several cell phones and got the same results: the caller hears ringing for some time before the connection is actually made. So a connection of 3 or 4 seconds means that AK actually heard ringing for 10 or 12 seconds or more, long enough to assume that MK didn't have her phone in her hand. (It may even be longer in Italy since the ringing starts at the caller's end as soon as the send key is pressed, but the connection doesn't begin until the signal reaches the receiver. I haven't been to Italy for awhile; maybe the phones work better there now.)

But back to your original claim: if AK were merely trying to establish her "fake concern" for MK or check to see if someone had found the cell phones in the garden where they were discarded, either way she would have let the calls go all the way to voicemail so she could leave a message and document her "fake concern."

It's funny how all the the so-called "consciousness of guilt" evidence actually proves consciousness of innocence.

Sure. Let her write a book for other reasons.

How is she going to make her millions while locked in prison for murder?

You have asked that same question and have been answered at least four times. Royalties are not dependent on place of residence.

Agreed, but why does it matter except that one might expect more discretion from a prosecutor? The point is that Italy has its problems with clogged court dockets just as the U.S. does.

I'm not one to claim the U.S. is always superior, but I do think we are right to make it difficult to sue witnesses for their testimony in court, and nearly impossible to sue public figures.

One thing about that going back to the Anthony case a moment ( sorry ) it sickened me the allegations that the defence were allowed to make in court about people and that the people being trashed couldnt do anything about it. I personally think if anything is said about someone in a court if the person saying it cant back it up then he other person should be able to sue.

I thought the comments were about the system, not the lawyer. Is the victim's lawyer ensuring that the rights of the victim are observed, or is he in it for the money ... money that appears to be invisible.

This has been explained in many ways many times to you. He is there simply for the civil portion. The prosecutors represent the victim in the criminal. I simply don't know how any of us can explain this any more simply thus I must assume no matter how many times the same thing is explained it will continue to be unsatisfactory

Why would nobody be allowed to make a movie about her in prison? And who is it that would be able to control such a thing?

Criticism is not a sign of doing a good job. Your logic baffles me. Seriously, regardless of his skills, the man's behavior is an embarassment, and I personally feel that Meridith and her family shouldn't have their good names sullied by such antics.

I thought a film WAS being made out about this case? I kind of remember Merediths dad giving a rare interview about this as he was so upset about it :(

Sure. Let her write a book for other reasons.

How is she going to make her millions while locked in prison for murder?

There have been numerous books written already. They will probably get more from lawsuits, making appearances, presenting talks etc.

What will be more important is them getting on with their lives. Period.

But the compensation is not a certainty, winning the case (justice for the parents) is the objective. He is doing a excellent job, with or without compensation coming into the equation.

There is not justice if innocent people or people that have been convicted without evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

Thus I must ask what is your threshold for reasonable doubt?

The Knox parents are charged with slander because they have not behaved with grace and dignity, but have in fact bad mouthed Italian investigators. The Sollecito's are also facing charges for their attempts to interfere with the investigation.

The Kerchers are not facing any charges.

I see nothing ungraceful or undignified in telling the truth about PLE's treatment of their daughter. Given the way Patrick Lumumba was treated, it is foolish to pretend PLE is composed of choir boys.

I'm certainly glad the Kerchers aren't being hassled by LE, but then they agree with LE. It's only those who dare to question authority who are knocked around and slapped with frivolous charges.

He's a prosecutor. The prosecutor's office has brought charges against people interfering with the investigation. That is vastly different from ambulance chasers.

I sincerely hope that a number of these charges are dropped and quite frankly turn around and kick him in the rear end :giggle:

The Knox parents are charged with slander because they have not behaved with grace and dignity, but have in fact bad mouthed Italian investigators. The Sollecito's are also facing charges for their attempts to interfere with the investigation.

The Kerchers are not facing any charges.

Blatently false. Cite please.

In fairness for me ive never seen the Kerchers do anything to be criticised for. They rarely do interviews and really keep out of the public eye...whereas Amandas relations seem to be totally different put it that way.

The Knox and Mellas families found themselves FORCED into the public eye in order to counter the misinformation printed about their daughter.

The Kerchers have not faced that problem (thank God!).

One thing about that going back to the Anthony case a moment ( sorry ) it sickened me the allegations that the defence were allowed to make in court about people and that the people being trashed couldnt do anything about it. I personally think if anything is said about someone in a court if the person saying it cant back it up then he other person should be able to sue.

Then would you agree that if the PLE cannot produce the tapes/videos of this that can prove neither party right that the charges should be dismissed?

Why? Not even the jurors believed the claims that GA molested his daughter. I don't know anyone outside the jury pool who believes it or believes GA covered up the drowning death of his granddaughter.

So why do we need more court cases?

I thought a film WAS being made out about this case? I kind of remember Merediths dad giving a rare interview about this as he was so upset about it :(

There was a film made in which both sides were upset about it and did not want it broadcast.

In all honesty im not really sure that they WERE friends.

MOO

Fair enough. Acquaintances then. College kids tend to make casual friendships quickly and drop them just as quickly. Their social sets are far more fluid than those of adults 10 or 20 years older. (And, yes, most of us have a couple of college friends who remain friends and will remain so for life. Whether AK and MK might have become that, we'll never know.)

Then would you agree that if the PLE cannot produce the tapes/videos of this that can prove neither party right that the charges should be dismissed?

I am sorry but you have lost me ( its late here). I didnt know there were any tape or video recordings done...so if there wasnt no i dont think the charges should been dropped ( if you m ean the murder ones at least)

Was that the Lifetime TV television movie? I think both the Kerchers and the Knoxes were unhappy about it.

Fair enough. Acquaintances then. College kids tend to make casual friendships quickly and drop them just as quickly. Their social sets are far more fluid than those of adults 10 or 20 years older. (And, yes, most of us have a couple of college friends who remain friends and will remain so for life. Whether AK and MK might have become that, we'll never know.)

True but from what i heard i got the impression they didnt even get on together particularly well even

Was that the Lifetime TV television movie? I think both the Kerchers and the Knoxes were unhappy about it.

I really dont know i'm afraid. It was about a year ago now i guess it was in the media here...something about Amanda standing over Meredith with the knife in her hand and it upset Merediths dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member