Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bringing this back up because I managed to pry my wife away from classes/work/her Nook long enough to have her take a look at this, as she has no interest in the case but has worked with all of these techniques in the course of her cancer research. Here's what she had to say:

One - she wanted me to make it very clear that her field is research, not forensics, so she can make no comment on the field work (her own samples are always taken in the lab, under tightly controlled circumstances, a luxury that forensic techs do not have). With that caveat, it should be noted that the thresholds of acceptable work in peer review of both fields is identical.

Two - Shenanigans! That was her first comment. Had to pass that on, as I just found it amusing.

Three - PCR concentrations must always have control concentrations, as the process is extremely open to contamination/tampering. Any tests/studies done with this technique that do not have the control data included are automatically considered invalid. This is universal to all peer review involving the process, and is never optional. No ethical scientist would claim that such control records are 'like a doctor washing his hands'.

Four - She couldn't make heads or tails as to why anyone would use the Flourometer in that manner, as it is not intended for such a use. In addition, she noted that the test is useless unless you 'tag' the cells beforehand. I'm not sure what that last means, just passing it on.

Five - any test/study in which the docs and the statements of the presiding scientist directly conflict with each other automatically fails peer review, for reasons that should be obvious. If possible, the test/study should then be repeated with special attention paid to reporting methodology accurately and truthfully. If not possible, then the presiding scientist is SOL, the high price of unethical behavior.

Six - shenanigans! Sorry, that still cracks me up.

Please give my utmost thanks to your wife!!! I like her already!!!

Why? Not even the jurors believed the claims that GA molested his daughter. I don't know anyone outside the jury pool who believes it or believes GA covered up the drowning death of his granddaughter.

So why do we need more court cases?

In fairness it wasnt just about GA tho it was what was said about Kronk. Not only that i got the impression that at least one juror wasnt sure about George. Then again they didnt seem sure abou anything : )

He's a prosecutor. The prosecutor's office has brought charges against people interfering with the investigation. That is vastly different from ambulance chasers.

Not really. I think my count was at 21 charges and still counting but I may of missed a few along the way

ETA Maybe I am now mixing the DNA experts and slander charges or else they are that close in numbers hhmmmmm

In fairness it wasnt just about GA tho it was what was said about Kronk. Not only that i got the impression that at least one juror wasnt sure about George. Then again they didnt seem sure abou anything : )

In all fairness not all the jurors have spoken out. I know of 2 and 1 alternate. What is sadder is that the judge feels that for their own safety he must continue to seal the names of the jurors. That is wrong.

In all fairness not all the jurors have spoken out. I know of 2 and 1 alternate. What is sadder is that the judge feels that for their own safety he must continue to seal the names of the jurors. That is wrong.

and yet it doesnt stop them giving interviews...which is weird because if you fear for your safety why on earth go on national tv? And actually its what there sa ying in some of the interviews that is agitating people anyhow :(

In my opinion the families arent comparable. The Kerchers have been dignified throughout whereas the Mellas/Knox families to me seem brash and unpleasant/

MOO

What have you found to be undignified specifically during the television interviews etc? Simply curiousity of mine

I am sorry but you have lost me ( its late here). I didnt know there were any tape or video recordings done...so if there wasnt no i dont think the charges should been dropped ( if you m ean the murder ones at least)

What she is trying to say is that since the perugian authorities illegally conducted the interview with AK without recording it, thus making it impossible for either side to 'prove' their story, the slander charges should be dropped.

True but from what i heard i got the impression they didnt even get on together particularly well even

I know those claims are out there, but I think too much is made of them.

Disagreements about household chores? Pretty much standard for college kids thrown together away from home.

MK didn't invite AK out for Halloween? I've yet to see any credible evidence that this was all that upsetting to a girl (AK) who was reportedly glued at the hip to her new boyfriend. It's not as if AK sat home alone like Cinderella.

I think the prosecution's case was so weak that they attempted to exaggerate the slightest friction between AK and MK, but by all accounts, AK and MK naturally spent time together because they shared a common language.

But they'd only known one another a few weeks, so I doubt they were BFFs either, particularly not since AK was busy with RS for the last week of MK's life.

I really dont know i'm afraid. It was about a year ago now i guess it was in the media here...something about Amanda standing over Meredith with the knife in her hand and it upset Merediths dad.

Yeah, that's the TV movie I'm talking about. I thought it was pretty non-committal in terms of AK's and RS' guilt, and not unduly tacky for that sort of film.

But I don't blame the victim's father for not liking it. Why would he?

I am sorry but you have lost me ( its late here). I didnt know there were any tape or video recordings done...so if there wasnt no i dont think the charges should been dropped ( if you m ean the murder ones at least)

:welcome:

Sorry I forget sometimes that people new to the case must try to decipher my posts and I apologize!!

AK was charged with slander for stating that she was hit on the head by PLE. Her parents repeated this in a television interview and were then as well charged. The problem is that PLE cannot produce either audio or visual tapes of the interrogations in question thus my question how can each side prove they are telling the truth. Each side being the PLE & AK, and then her parents and PLE

I know those claims are out there, but I think too much is made of them.

Disagreements about household chores? Pretty much standard for college kids thrown together away from home.

MK didn't invite AK out for Halloween? I've yet to see any credible evidence that this was all that upsetting to a girl (AK) who was reportedly glued at the hip to her new boyfriend. It's not as if AK sat home alone like Cinderella.

I think the prosecution's case was so weak that they attempted to exaggerate the slightest friction between AK and MK, but by all accounts, AK and MK naturally spent time together because they shared a common language.

But they'd only known one another a few weeks, so I doubt they were BFFs either, particularly not since AK was busy with RS for the last week of MK's life.

Even Massai thought that there was nothing to indicate any real problems between the two. He also found the sex game and theft theories to be nonsensical. Thus why he was forced to draw on 'Reefer Madness' for some kind of reason for AK & RS to have killed MK.

Why would nobody be allowed to make a movie about her in prison? And who is it that would be able to control such a thing?

Criticism is not a sign of doing a good job. Your logic baffles me. Seriously, regardless of his skills, the man's behavior is an embarassment, and I personally feel that Meridith and her family shouldn't have their good names sullied by such antics.

There was an effort made by US media to interview Knox in jail after her conviction two years ago. That was not allowed.

It never ceases to amaze me how much time we spend here defending claims we never made in the first place.

Why are you assuming a TV interview wouldn't take place for 20 years? Are Italian prisoners not allowed visitors? Media interviews? If so, why not just say so.

As for writing a book, any publisher would make sure AK had help, credited or not.

Media interviews after the conviction of Knox in 2009 were not allowed. I'm not assuming anything. I've been following the case for several years and recall what happened last time the media wanted a jail interview.

I keep reading comments like "you didn't read" ... "you're not paying attention" ... "you've been told before" ... and so on.

Let's be clear here. I do read and I do pay attention, but I will never drink the Knox/Mellas Koolaid. I am interested in the facts of the case. I have followed this case for years and no amount of monkey business will convince me that the phone calls were longer than 3 and 4 seconds, that the crime scene is the bedroom alone, that Guede is Spiderman and all that other Koolaid stuff.

Media interviews after the conviction of Knox in 2009 were not allowed. I'm not assuming anything. I've been following the case for several years and recall what happened last time the media wanted a jail interview.

Perhaps some interviews were forbidden, but not all.

Here is a link to an interview AK gave to the Italian magazine Oggi. The article isn't dated, but it contains a reference to AK's sentence of 26 years, so the interview was obviously done after AK's conviction:

http://mynorthwest.com/?nid=646&sid=343998

So much for a ban on all media interviews with Italian prisoners.

While looking for this info, I also found numerous instances of Italian mobsters publishing their autobiographies while in prison and even discovered that AK acted in a fictional film, the release of which is being held until after her trial is concluded. (That film has nothing to do with MK's murder or AK's trial.)

And of course, Italian MP, Rocco Girlanda, was allowed some 20 visits with AK while preparing his book, Take Me With You: Talks with Amanda Knox in Prison.

So the idea that Italian convicts have no way to profit while they are still in prison is entirely the unsourced invention of one poster here.

I keep reading comments like "you didn't read" ... "you're not paying attention" ... "you've been told before" ... and so on.

Let's be clear here. I do read and I do pay attention, but I will never drink the Knox/Mellas Koolaid. I am interested in the facts of the case. I have followed this case for years and no amount of monkey business will convince me that the phone calls were longer than 3 and 4 seconds, that the crime scene is the bedroom alone, that Guede is Spiderman and all that other Koolaid stuff.

The issue isn't whether you blindly agree with posters who believe AK and RS to be innocent. The issue is acknowledging other posters when they respond to you. The issue is not misquoting other posters and then continuing to do so even when you have been corrected. The issue is not misrepresenting the positions of other posters so they constantly have to defend themselves for things they never wrote.

None of this has anything to do with some sort of noble refusal to "drink Kool-Aid." That's just one more misrepresentation.

:welcome:

Sorry I forget sometimes that people new to the case must try to decipher my posts and I apologize!!

AK was charged with slander for stating that she was hit on the head by PLE. Her parents repeated this in a television interview and were then as well charged. The problem is that PLE cannot produce either audio or visual tapes of the interrogations in question thus my question how can each side prove they are telling the truth. Each side being the PLE & AK, and then her parents and PLE

Erm i can assure you that i am not new to the case...with being English that would be kind of hard to be honest :(

As for the claims...what I dont understand is IF she was slapped ( which i dont personally believe she was) the logical idea would been to get her lawyer there immediately and photo any bruises immediately for proof and then put a complaint in immediately. As for her parents i think they have there own agenda for saying what they did as its far easier to blame the horrible foreigners than accept that her beloved daughter is simply a liar and for that matter probably far worse.

MOO

Even Massai thought that there was nothing to indicate any real problems between the two. He also found the sex game and theft theories to be nonsensical. Thus why he was forced to draw on 'Reefer Madness' for some kind of reason for AK & RS to have killed MK.

Wasnt Meredith offered Amandas job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members