Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for clarifying, and this argument makes more sense to me.

At trial women did report being harassed by him, and some said he stole things from their handbag. On Sept 27, 2007 a bartender from Merlin's stated that Guede threatened him with a knife. So there is testimony of a history of aggression. I agree with you that if I had been an officer I would not have assumed he was headed so quickly for murder, but I would have thought he was on a downward spiral.

It is my opinion though that the story does support Rudy becoming a murderer.
All I am asking is to stick with the facts. What women have you seen testifying about their handbags at the trial? What are their names, what did they say? All I know is the story of Abukar Mohamed Barrow who said exactly that but was probably just making it up to sell his stories to the media. He was dismissed for selling his tales. I already mentioned Christian Tramontano, the bartender from Merlin who identified RG by saying 'I believe I recognize him'. Very convincing :rolleyes:

I also think the questioning and sleuthing into RG is very good, as I haven't seen much of it at all since I've been around.

We should critically question everything because the investigators did a very poor job of it.

It could be totally possible that it's not RG's semen on the pillow and someone else killed MK and he did try to help her and got scared and ran. It's possible, (like big foot IMO but still needs to be looked at.)

I'm skeptical of the "informant" theory, but I do believe he was a professional burglar or on his way to it after losing his job and parents' support. People who knew him also catagorized him as a habitual liar. Because of this, I'm very slow to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I just want to get to the last chapter. You know the one where they are released and try to get back to their normal lives...:giggle:

Rumour? Are you serious? Or pulling my toe?
Well, she goes into her research methodology at length in the closing of the book.....not something one who would cook things up would be likely to do. Her professional reputation is at stake, and she would clearly know this.

The door was the type that had to be locked when closed. If it was not locked, it did not stay closed.

Curt and Edda Knox are facing slander charges for publicly stating to the British media that Knox was deprived of physically and pyschologically abused for 54 hours. The only source for that information is Knox ... as neither her lawyers nor parents would make that up for no reason.

The evidence against all three culprits was sufficient for a jury or Judge (Guede's trial) to conclude that they are all guilty of murder. The evidence against Guede is not stronger than the evidence against the other two. However, if we eliminate all the forensic evidence, then the evidence against all three of them is equally weak. Guede admitted being in the bathroom at the time of the murder and the evidence proves that he was in the bathroom at some point.

Regarding the 54 hours:

"But Knox's lawyers say the Seattle native only confessed to being at home the night of the murder after nearly 54 hours of intense interrogation without a solicitor or interpreter. She later retracted her statement."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/amanda-knoxs-lawyers-confident/story-fn6e1m7z-1225992691127

"Curt Knox said, "Amanda was abused physically and verbally. She told us she was hit in the back of the head by a police officer with an open hand, at least twice. The police told her, 'If you ask for a lawyer, things will get worse for you' and 'If you don't give us some explanation for what happened, you're going to go to jail for a very long time.'"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/15/501364/main20031993.shtml

Information has been twisted here

The 54 hours as I am sure you would be aware after following this case for 2 years would be the total amount of time she was questioned in TOTAL including the night she was arrested. This has been pointed out a number of times.

AK herself never stated the 54 hours and it was the statement that was recanted was the one given to PLE. This is a prime example of taking information and turning it around to suit ones purpose

Her parents are facing charges for repeating what their daughter told them about being hit in the head. Again well documented. What is more interesting is that the paper did not get sued.

That is simply being too modest to give so much credit to the Knox family for being able to sway so many people with their PR machine which they did not hire till February IIRC.

Sadly SMK I am sure that some will attempt to discredit her as well. At least she will join an elite group

She'll be right up there with Barbie Nadeau and Andrea Vogt.

It took alot of effort to get this door down and Luca was not small thus the argument about RS not being able to get it down flies right out the door

It sure does, especially if you ignore the fact that Sollecito was a trained kickboxer.

It sure does, especially if you ignore the fact that Sollecito was a trained kickboxer.

Being a trained kickboxer does not mean that you can break down a door as you very well know. You cannot compare apples and oranges and expect berries

I have not figured out how anyone is attempting to state that this is some type of fiction....

Since it is about a crime with a number of different twists and turns in it, this book could conceivably be under a number of different non-fiction areas. Put it under the one SMK that you believe it to be best suited. It is though non-fiction :)

We've seen arguments here that bloggers are journalists and journalists are non-fiction writers. That would mean that bloggers are non-fiction writers ... but we know that isn't true.

Since the story is based on real people and real events, it is non-fiction, but that non-fiction may or may not be accurate. I think we can all be sure that Burleigh's book will end up in the True Crime section of the bookstore, along with all the other short lifespan opinion books about a crime.

We've seen arguments here that bloggers are journalists and journalists are non-fiction writers. That would mean that bloggers are non-fiction writers ... but we know that isn't true.

Since the story is based on real people and real events, it is non-fiction, but that non-fiction may or may not be accurate. I think we can all be sure that Burleigh's book will end up in the True Crime section of the bookstore, along with all the other short lifespan opinion books about a crime.
Well, Burleigh is clearly an intellectual, high-brow writer, not exactly a true crime trashy book of the month club author.

Yes, she will. I think her profile is far more impressive.

Andrea Vogt is a real journalist working for a real newspaper. Burleigh is an academic. It's a bit like Dr Stefanoni is a forensic expert working in the field on a daily basis, and the Rome experts are academics. The Ivory Tower is a nice place to be, but without the field work it's all theory.

Well, Burleigh is clearly an intellectual, high-brow writer, not exactly a true crime trashy book of the month club author.

Like it or not, every true crime novel becomes some trashy book of the month club throwaway.

As been often stated each individual must take the information, and determine whether they feel the information is credible. We all know that there is fiction and non-fiction.

To ignore that blogging or twitter are not forms of journalism is ridiculous. Even in the CA case people were following twitter as it is based on real time. The problem with it is that you must be careful of the actual facts

Like it or not, every true crime novel becomes some trashy book of the month club throwaway.

I believe most of us are of a high enough intellect to determine and weed out the fact from fiction

Information has been twisted here

The 54 hours as I am sure you would be aware after following this case for 2 years would be the total amount of time she was questioned in TOTAL including the night she was arrested. This has been pointed out a number of times.

AK herself never stated the 54 hours and it was the statement that was recanted was the one given to PLE. This is a prime example of taking information and turning it around to suit ones purpose

Her parents are facing charges for repeating what their daughter told them about being hit in the head. Again well documented. What is more interesting is that the paper did not get sued.

That is simply being too modest to give so much credit to the Knox family for being able to sway so many people with their PR machine which they did not hire till February IIRC.

There is no twisting or turning. If Knox lawyers reported that she was interrogated for 54 hours, then they got that information from Knox. If her parents are facing slander charges for stating that she was physically and emotionally abused, they got that information from Knox.

I have said that when trying to explain her accusations against Patrick, she made the above ludicrous claims. Shortly thereafter, it seems that her lawyers came to their senses, or checked the facts, and retracted some of the claims.

I like academics, and Vogt and Nadeau will also see their books tossed in the trash.

There is no twisting or turning. If Knox lawyers reported that she was interrogated for 54 hours, then they got that information from Knox. If her parents are facing slander charges for stating that she was physically and emotionally abused, they got that information from Knox.

I have said that when trying to explain her accusations against Patrick, she made the above ludicrous claims. Shortly thereafter, it seems that her lawyers came to their senses, or checked the facts, and retracted some of the claims.

I would expect that her lawyers probably have a timeline given to them by AK but that her statements would be what they would base the actual hours on. When I did indeed add it up I could not get to the 54 hours unless I included a few hours of waiting at the police station.

The bottom line is this. She spent more time being questioned by PLE than most work in a week over a 4 day span

ETA I though am not privy to the actual statements given as I have not personally spoken with her and I don't believe anyone here has either

As been often stated each individual must take the information, and determine whether they feel the information is credible. We all know that there is fiction and non-fiction.

To ignore that blogging or twitter are not forms of journalism is ridiculous. Even in the CA case people were following twitter as it is based on real time. The problem with it is that you must be careful of the actual facts

BBM
If an author is using their "feelings" to decide whether something is fact or opinion, then we can safely assume the information may or may not be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member