Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy testifying as a witness means he can get sued for slander and get years added to his sentence if he lied. Besides it would have been in his best interest to claim both AK and RS to be innocent. In that case he could try and jump on the 'all forensic evidence is invalid' train. However he didn't lie and his testimony is a very serious piece of evidence.
I think Rudy knows he already admitted to being there, and to being sexual with MK. This is his reason, of course...

He doesn't strike me as intelligent enough to make that claim. He is sticking to his story. Most of his DNA evidence is already confirmed by his ridiculous story of that night. Is any of it not?

His testimony is serious but that doesn't mean that what he said is an indication of the truth in terms of Ak and RS's involvement that night which is exactly what Maresca is presenting it as.
RG and his lawyers are intelligent enough to know that you get yourself into serious trouble if you lie on the stand as a witness. DNA evidence does not get confirmed by a story. It gets confirmed by the forensic scientists.

RG and his lawyers are intelligent enough to know that you get yourself into serious trouble if you lie on the stand as a witness. DNA evidence does not get confirmed by a story. It gets confirmed by the forensic scientists.

Rudy has not been consistent in his story about the 'other attackers' so he has lied at some point at least once regardless.

Rudy has not been consistent in his story about the 'other attackers' so he has lied at some point at least once regardless.
Not as a witness. That was his one and only time he spoke as a witness which makes the difference. These are the simple facts of the case. Make of it whatever you want :)

Not as a witness. That was his one and only time he spoke as a witness which makes the difference. These are the simple facts of the case. Make of it whatever you want :)

Will do :crazy:

Meredith came home early from being out. Amanda was supposed to work that night, but boss told her not to come in because it was too slow.
Guede was a drug dealer. Amanda and boyfriend met Guede at apartment to make a deal. Amanda stole money from Meredith's room for drugs.
Meredith walks in, early and unexpected. She catches them stealing her rent money. She is very angry and says she is calling the police. None of the three could have that happen. They all would have lost everything. They restrained her and attempted to make it look like a break-in.
This would explain the weird story Amanda came up with hearing Meredith screaming and Amanda putting a pillow over her head. It would also explain why Guede told authorities he heard Amanda and Meredith arguing about money. Those are the grains of sand within the whole truth.

Meredith came home early from being out. Amanda was supposed to work that night, but boss told her not to come in because it was too slow.
Guede was a drug dealer. Amanda and boyfriend met Guede at apartment to make a deal. Amanda stole money from Meredith's room for drugs.
Meredith walks in, early and unexpected. She catches them stealing her rent money. She is very angry and says she is calling the police. None of the three could have that happen. They all would have lost everything. They restrained her and attempted to make it look like a break-in.
This would explain the weird story Amanda came up with hearing Meredith screaming and Amanda putting a pillow over her head. It would also explain why Guede told authorities he heard Amanda and Meredith arguing about money. Those are the grains of sand within the whole truth.
I used to envision something very much along these lines: If one places Knox and Sollecito as part of the crime scene first, it is strong... But when the evidence crumbled, and the policework was shown to be taking Knox and Sollecito as their starting point, rather than the evidence, it no longer seemed believable to me.....I think Guede was a lone burglar who raped and killed during an escalation.....

"Femme fatale or unjustly-framed innocent?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/15036490

It does look like Bongiorno sold-out Knox as a dominatrix.

How do Knox supporters feel about this?

Knox may have "femme fatale" looks but is not a killer, the lawyer said

If this is the statement you are referring to, I am not seeing the dominatrix reference?
Help?

Knox may have "femme fatale" looks but is not a killer, the lawyer said

If this is the statement you are referring to, I am not seeing the dominatrix reference?
Help?
The reference is not there...

Amanda Knox 'is lucky Italy doesn't have death penalty'
Prosecutor in Meredith Kercher murder appeal reminds court Knox and Raffaele Sollecito would risk lethal injection in US

The prosecution has wound up its case against Amanda Knox by saying that "fortunately" she and her Italian former boyfriend could not be executed for the murder of British student Meredith Kercher.

It was a reminder that, in her US home state of Washington, Knox would risk lethal injection or even the gallows if her appeal were rejected. Last week, the prosecution asked for the sentences passed on Knox and Raffaele Sollecito to be increased to life.

"They killed [Kercher] for nothing," said prosecution counsel Manuela Comodi. "But they killed her. And it is for that reason they should be found guilty and given the maximum sentence which, fortunately, in Italy is not the death sentence."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/sep/30/amanda-knox-italy-death-penalty?newsfeed=true

okay, I haven't really followed this case at all but popped over here trying to make sence of it, so please forgive my ignorance and help a sista out :). I thought AK stated she was never there until the morning. Can someone please explain what the pillow over the face refrence is? Or at least direct me to the best two posts that outling pro defense, pro prosecution? I know, sorry, I'm high maintenance :)

That's a pretty good theory. But I'm pretty sure the money was in Meredith's purse wasn't it? And the amount (around $400 I think?) was easy enough to get from any ATM. Amanda had 4k in her account and Raf had lots of money as well.

okay, I haven't really followed this case at all but popped over here trying to make sence of it, so please forgive my ignorance and help a sista out :). I thought AK stated she was never there until the morning. Can someone please explain what the pillow over the face refrence is? Or at least direct me to the best two posts that outling pro defense, pro prosecution? I know, sorry, I'm high maintenance :)

It seems to me that the pillow over the face is a mistranslation of the statements that AK gave overnight Nov. 5-6 2007, right before her arrest. In those statements, AK changed her account of her movements (that she was at RS' apartment the entire evening) to say that she ment her boss at the apartment because the bar she worked at was closed. She then said that her boss, Patrick Lumumba, want into Meredith's bedroom with her while Amanda stayed in the kitchen, and she vaguely remembered him killing her. I have linked to a site to download both statements in a previous post.

Amanda retratacted these statement in a note 1 pm that afternoon and continued to maintain that she was at RS's apartment since then.

Edited to add: If you are in the US, 20/20 will be doing a story on the case tonight. I expect that they will have a pro-innocence slant but it will probably be a good primer on the basics of the case.

To see the not-guilty arguments, I recommend Injustice in Perugia.

Pro-guilty arguments can be seen at Perugia Murder File. This site split into two a few months back, but they have similar information. Link here: PMF.org or PMF.net

That's a pretty good theory. But I'm pretty sure the money was in Meredith's purse wasn't it? And the amount (around $400 I think?) was easy enough to get from any ATM. Amanda had 4k in her account and Raf had lots of money as well.

Another hole -- where is any evidence of communcation between Amanda (or Raffaele) and Rudy? If they were going to meet Rudy at the apartment they were going to have to talk to him.

Amanda didn't get Patrick's text telling her not to come into work until after 8:00 pm (close to 8:30 IIRC), and a witness places Amanda at Raffaele's apartment at approx. 8:40.

Meredith was home around 9:00 and was probably dead by 10:00 pm at the latest.

The forensics against RG have been confirmed. The forensics against A & R have not, imo.

Prosecutor Slams Amanda Knox In Rebuttal
http://www.kirotv.com/news/29348726/detail.html

rsz_mignini.png

The forensics against RG have been confirmed. The forensics against A & R have not, imo.

Okay - how does this work? If the forensics against A & R are no good, the forensics against RG are no good. There is other evidence against RG, but his forensics were conducted at the same time A & R's were, so if these tests are no good for one, they are no good for all.

I guess they are just confirmed because RG's appeals are over? I would think if the forensics agains A & R are thrown out, then RG should appeal to the Supreme Court and have the forensics against him thrown out? Maybe get a new trial?

Just jumping off your post OGirl...

Salem

Okay - how does this work? If the forensics against A & R are no good, the forensics against RG are no good. There is other evidence against RG, but his forensics were conducted at the same time A & R's were, so if these tests are no good for one, they are no good for all.

I guess they are just confirmed because RG's appeals are over? I would think if the forensics agains A & R are thrown out, then RG should appeal to the Supreme Court and have the forensics against him thrown out? Maybe get a new trial?

Just jumping off your post OGirl...

Salem
My own feeling is that: 1. Guede evidence was more plentiful and less ambiguous 2. Guede admitted to being there and to having sex with MK - at no point did he say, "I was never there, the evidence is bogus."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee