Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's innocent, but unfortunately, some killers, especially serial killers, have some kind of sex appeal. Like Ted Bundy. The murderousness of course does make them unattractive, but some of them used their sex appeal to get victims.
But Sonata and I find Raff sexy in his innocence.:snooty:

But Sonata and I find Raff sexy in his innocence.:snooty:

lol, you two are not alone. though i prefer the longer hair. :heartluv:

super insightful discussion here guys! lol i am just kidding.

lol, you two are not alone. though i prefer the longer hair. :heartluv:

super insightful discussion here guys! lol i am just kidding.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Longer hair looks much better on him

I think waiting until Monday has more to do with the media. Apparently Hellman has agreed to allow the media to livestream/photograph the verdict when it is read. So I think he agreed to Monday, instead of "Saturday or Monday" so everyone didn't have to hang out for the entire weekend.

I could be totally wrong. I find the agreement to allow the photographing, etc. very intriguing and cannot come to a conclusion about whether or not it is a good/bad sign.

Salem

Even a judge needs his little bit of fame :giggle:

I don't believe it means anything as he did mention he was swamped with press requests. I believe that they had determined the verdict after C & V's report

lol, no I guess he couldnt say that. But really, why would the Kerchers need extra time when everyone else is camped out for this verdict? I'm sure they would be there Saturday if it was scheduled for Saturday.

The media angle does make sense. And as a bonus, Perugia gets more media $$ from the crews already there spending an extra few days, not that Hellman should care.

The Kerchers' knew the possibility of a verdict could of come on Saturday. Their lawyer as well should of been keeping them notified and I am certain he was. I must agree with you and must state I am not impressed with this but I will give them some leeway...maybe...still deciding

The defense teams both took a very long day to refute the 'zero evidence'. How is that even possible? RS's team made a reasonable efford but pointed the finger a few times dangerously at AK.

AK's team made more of an emotional plea which might save her from a life sentence but nothing more than that. No substance there. Mr. Hendry fantasies didn't even come up. Very dissapointing.

Conclusion. This case is over. Verdicts will be confirmed.

The defense teams both took a very long day to refute the 'zero evidence'. How is that even possible? RS's team made a reasonable efford but pointed the finger a few times dangerously at AK.

AK's team made more of an emotional plea which might save her from a life sentence but nothing more than that. No substance there. Mr. Hendry fantasies didn't even come up. Very dissapointing.

I was quite shocked that Bongiorno painted Knox as a dominatrix like in Venus in Furs. Clearly she was trying to separate Sollecito from Knox so that if the verdicts are upheld, Sollecito may have a reduced sentence because he was led astray by Jessica Rabbit. Knox supporters should be outraged by the remarks made about Knox by Sollecito's lawyer. Are they? I haven't had time to read reactions. Knox's lawyers seemed to say that Knox is innocent because everyone is corrupt and incompetent ... where have I heard that before.

Sherlock, if you're referring to analysis of the break-in with the Hendry comment, that indeed was covered.

CDV bashing #rudyguede character in #amandaknox case, building lone wolf theory
19 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

john_hooper John Hooper
by BLNadeau
Dalla Vedova, #amandaknox's lawyer, attacking argument that the break-in was faked and physically impossible.
19 hours ago

andreavogt Andrea Vogt
by BLNadeau
CDV discussing "uncertainties" of theory of staged break in. Says was possible to break in through Romanelli's room #amandaknox
20 hours ago

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
cdv talking about the presence of glass on top of clothes, implies that maybe cops or Romanelli disturbed the scene. #amandaknox
20 hours ago

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
cdv showing images of rock and staged break in to address fact that #amandaknox was also convicted of staging crime scene.

Most of the news stories have been about AK's character, but if you look at the tweets from reporters on the scene, you'll see that pretty much every topic was covered.

There was even a comment, not sure where that tweet is right this moment, but a tape recording of one of the boys who lived downstairs was played in which he states even he climbed the wall to the window above when a former tenant lived there.

I was quite shocked that Bongiorno painted Knox as a dominatrix like in Venus in Furs. Clearly she was trying to separate Sollecito from Knox so that if the verdicts are upheld, Sollecito may have a reduced sentence because he was led astray by Jessica Rabbit. Knox supporters should be outraged by the remarks made about Knox by Sollecito's lawyer. Are they? I haven't had time to read reactions. Knox's lawyers seemed to say that Knox is innocent because everyone is corrupt and incompetent ... where have I heard that before.

Perhaps there is no outrage because you have misunderstood the claim. Bongiorno said the opposite of what you are saying.

Amanda Knox is no "Venus in Furs", one of the defence lawyers at the American's ongoing appeal trial in Italy against her conviction for murdering British student Meredith Kercher said on Tuesday.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/lawyer-mocks-amanda-knox-dominatrix-image-165221309.html

Sherlock, if you're referring to analysis of the break-in with the Hendry comment, that indeed was covered.

Most of the news stories have been about AK's character, but if you look at the tweets from reporters on the scene, you'll see that pretty much every topic was covered.

There was even a comment, not sure where that tweet is right this moment, but a tape recording of one of the boys who lived downstairs was played in which he states even he climbed the wall to the window above when a former tenant lived there.
I was referring to the scuff marks on the wall of 100s of 'scuff marks' ;) I don't think there is any argument if the break-in is physically impossible. It just never was a very logical choice.

Everything was hardly covered. Just saying police, forensics, prosecutors, judges got it all wrong and the defense got it all right is not much of an argument.

I was referring to the scuff marks on the wall of 100s of 'scuff marks' ;) I don't think there is any argument if the break-in is physically impossible. It just never was a very logical choice.

Everything was hardly covered. Just saying police, forensics, prosecutors, judges got it all wrong and the defense got it all right is not much of an argument.

Sherlock, the tweets are hardly representative of the exact arguments made re the break-in. We know the subjects of each piece of evidence argued against, but neither you nor I have read the actual arguments made by the defense, and we'll probably have to wait for the next motivations report to find out the exact arguments. One thing I'm a hundred percent of, however, is that the defense did not spend all day simply saying "We're right and they're wrong".

Scuff marks or not, your contention was that the defense only talked about Amanda's character, which is obviously wrong.

I don't know that there is a consesus -- I think that the majority of regular posters to this thread believe that AK and RS should be acquitted, and there is a poll further down which has not-guilty leading by a plurality of the votes. :)

Thanks, that polls shows quite a divide. This must be a tough case.

Fairly new to this case. This may be old ground for most here, but a question for any AK/RS supporter, why isn't their alibi obviously garbage?

Amanda Knox trial: police cast doubt on computer alibi - Telegraph

Not sure what you mean by garbage... but personally from what I know of the computer evidence, it isn't enough to completely cover their actions for the entirety of that night. However, I'm not one who thinks that a lack of alibi means proof of guilt.

Their actual alibi was each other, and they both claimed to be at Raffaele's apartment that night, sticking with that story up to the interrogation on the night of November fifth when Raf said he couldn't be certain if she was with him all night. Once they were able to lock him up due to evidence that would later turn out to be incorrect, there was no way for one or the other to vouch for that alibi.

ETA: the importance of the computer evidence as argued by the defense is that the the time for them to have killed Meredith is too narrow, as they would have had to complete the entire act within a matter of 15 minutes or so, based on time of death.

Sherlock, the tweets are hardly representative of the exact arguments made re the break-in. We know the subjects of each piece of evidence argued against, but neither you nor I have read the actual arguments made by the defense, and we'll probably have to wait for the next motivations report to find out the exact arguments. One thing I'm a hundred percent of, however, is that the defense did not spend all day simply saying "We're right and they're wrong".

Scuff marks or not, your contention was that the defense only talked about Amanda's character, which is obviously wrong.
Poster 'popper' at PMF gives reasonable summaries of what is going on in court. He can't translate every word but not much is lost. Of course, I don't mean 100% of their defense was about character but IMO it was the main part of their defense. Refuting the luminol footprints and mixed DNA traces by saying 'she lived there' is nothing new and didn't work the first time. Therefore the character plea was done to prevent a life sentence. That is the best her lawyers could do for her.

On Monday, the verdicts will be confirmed and if you are really honest then you have to admit that the 'fruit juice' theories never really made much sense to begin with.

Poster 'popper' at PMF gives reasonable summaries of what is going on in court. He can't translate every word but not much is lost. Of course, I don't mean 100% of their defense was about character but IMO it was the main part of their defense. Refuting the luminol footprints and mixed DNA traces by saying 'she lived there' is nothing new and didn't work the first time. Therefore the character plea was done to prevent a life sentence. That is the best her lawyers could do for her.

On Monday, the verdicts will be confirmed and if you are really honest then you have to admit that the 'fruit juice' theories never really made much sense to begin with.

Sherlock, you're implying that I've argued the prints were made by stepping in fruit juice. I have not. I'm not going to look through my old posts to refute this straw man, instead I'm curious if you can explain why the luminol prints show a female foot with a second toe shorter than the big toe, when Amanda's was longer.

ETA: We know some new evidence was prepared by the defense, such as the interrogation of the boys downstairs, showing one of them scaled the wall. Also, the revelation that the police had "misplaced" thirty some wiretapped calls between Amanda and Raf. What new evidence has the prosecution brought to the table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic