Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article has now disappeared. It is a dead link. I don't know what is going on. (I do have the text saved though.)

ETA: No, it hasn't gone at all. Still there when I clicked that. So no idea what PMF.net is going on about in that case....
PMF is always going on about something or other...how I wish acquittal would come....Knox will be speaking in open court today...

[video=youtube;8n8Dk5Tqvt8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n8Dk5Tqvt8&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Hmm, is it just me or does Raf seem to be getting hotter?

Of course if I thought for a minute that he was guilty I wouldn't think that, but in the paradigm of innocence...
Not your imagination, definitely....:floorlaugh:

PMF is always going on about something or other...how I wish acquittal would come....Knox will be speaking in open court today...

I double-checked, and the link at PMF.net has the file extension .htm, while the real article has .html

Par for the course, I suspect.

Hellman has postponed verdict until Monday---perhaps to allow Kercher family time to come over?
Amanda Knox appeal: Victim Meredith Kercher's family to travel to Italy for verdict

the-kercher-family-together-in-perugia-l-r-stephanie-lyle-john-kercher-snr-john-jnr-and-arline-pic-dm-998105289.jpg

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...-travel-to-italy-for-verdict-115875-23452044/

Where are others getting live coverage of the appeal? I've been trying to follow on Twitter for anything coming through with #amandaknox, but there's a lot of garbage and a lot of gaps. I don't speak Italian, so the live feed that was up the other day (haven't seen it today) isn't really helpful.

Where are others getting live coverage of the appeal? I've been trying to follow on Twitter for anything coming through with #amandaknox, but there's a lot of garbage and a lot of gaps. I don't speak Italian, so the live feed that was up the other day (haven't seen it today) isn't really helpful.

Follow BLNadeau and BBCDanielS on Twitter - I find them in combination to give the best picture.

has anyone here seen the recent lifetime movie on this case? how is it? is it from more of pro guilt or pro innocence perspective? i assume it's from more of an "entertainment" perspective. lol. i'll probably be watching it later tonight. Hayden Panettiere is a weird choice to play Amanda.
It is chock full of errors, assuming it intends to present the story in a factual manner. I wish I had a dollar for each error I found.

AP110929012927_244x183.jpg

PERUGIA, Italy (CBS/AP) Defense gives closing arguments- A defense lawyer for Amanda Knox said Thursday that the American student convicted of murdering her British roommate was an innocent girl "crucified" by unfair media coverage which has "swept away her life."

Knox's attorneys gave their final arguments today, as a judge said the highly-anticipated verdict would come Monday.

Carlo Dalla Vedova told the appeals court in his closing arguments that Knox has been the victim of a "tragic judicial case" and has spent over 1,000 days behind bars as a result.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20113296-504083.html

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
Ghirga reiterating some points made by CDV about gray/red coat confusion and Aviello. #amandaknox
19 seconds ago

Ghirga focusing on mistakes made early, despite this comic relief he is clearly making legal points pertaining to appellate law. #amandaknox
4 minutes ago

Ghirga talks about how many contradictions homeless witness Curatolo made, is really captivating the #amandaknox appeal.
10 minutes ago
»

andreavogt Andrea Vogt
by BLNadeau
#amandaknox laughs as Ghirga mocks prosecution's case. She and her family seem moved.
16 minutes ago
Ghirga does a sort of standup act mocking the prosecution case that has the lawyers and #amandaknox herself giggling.
17 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

#amandaknox nods in approval as her lawyer Ghirga makes a point of evidence errors.
20 minutes ago
»

#amandaknox cannot be this ferocious assassin says ghirga, there is no proof. Stops short of calling cops liars but makes the point.

More tweets from Nadeau. When Hellman asked if G needed a break, she wondered if Hellman has "attention span issues"...

Ghirga outlines key elements that he says have been refuted: lack of alibi, murder weapon, all gone now. #amandaknox
1 minute ago

Ghirga pantomime of #meredithkercher struggle for life in #amandaknox appeal.
3 minutes ago

#amandaknox writing notes. Some rumors that she might speak today but unconfirmed.
4 minutes ago

BBCDanielS Daniel Sandford
by BLNadeau
Ghirga says Meredith Kercher was killed only by Rudy Guede. He pushed her, sat on her, grabbed her face, and cut her throat. #amandaknox
7 minutes ago

Ghirga talking about absence of defense wounds and evidence of more than 1 aggressor. Says just bad interpretation of wounds. #amandaknox
8 minutes ago

Ghirga closes with candid memory of how this all started. CDV nods warmly. In another setting there would be a hug about now. #amandaknox
14 minutes ago

Ghirga finishing up. #amandaknox
16 minutes ago

Ghirga gives verbal one-two-punch insult to prosecutor Mignini. #amandaknox
17 minutes ago

Ghirga thanks Bongiorno for sticking up for #amandaknox.
18 minutes ago

Ghirga talking about the #amandaknox conviction of sexual assault against #meredithkercher dismisses as absurd.
24 minutes ago

From Popper at PMF:

Ghirga is thanking everybody and kissing a++ to all as the trial was within constitutional framework, he said the rights of Amanda were respected by this Court.

Discussions on timetable. Tomorrow 9am next session.

• Fri rebuttals, only 1 attorney from ea side.

• May cont. Sat with verdict Mon.

• Amanda and Raffaele will speak fri or sat

Hellman has postponed verdict until Monday---perhaps to allow Kercher family time to come over?

I hope not. If Hellman knows an acquittal is coming, that would be a strange courtesy. Plus, they have had plenty of time to get there. I'm in California, and I could easily get there by tomorrow, let alone Saturday.

I think perhaps it is better to have an acquittal on a Monday when most are at work, rather than a Saturday when larger crowds could cause problems. I hope that is the reason!!

Or it could just be the actual schedule needed with no other motive.

I hope not. If Hellman knows an acquittal is coming, that would be a strange courtesy. Plus, they have had plenty of time to get there. I'm in California, and I could easily get there by tomorrow, let alone Saturday.

I think perhaps it is better to have an acquittal on a Monday when most are at work, rather than a Saturday when larger crowds could cause problems. I hope that is the reason!!

Or it could just be the actual schedule needed with no other motive.
Yes, good point. Let is hope so....

I think waiting until Monday has more to do with the media. Apparently Hellman has agreed to allow the media to livestream/photograph the verdict when it is read. So I think he agreed to Monday, instead of "Saturday or Monday" so everyone didn't have to hang out for the entire weekend.

I could be totally wrong. I find the agreement to allow the photographing, etc. very intriguing and cannot come to a conclusion about whether or not it is a good/bad sign.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member