Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously many here have never had their apartments broken into. As someone who has lived in high crime neighborhoods during school, where my apartment was broken into twice, you'd be amazed at what a burglar will take and what they leave behind. The first time my place was broken into, the burglar(s) took my $300 tube tv from walmart and didn't take my $1500 HP Laptop which was sitting on the tv stand!

Those 5 little pot plants look pretty uninteresting to me, it's not exactly a major score. I don't think Rudy was interested in gardening, myself. The video of the downstairs apartment show nothing of any value.

As stated on the previous pages it was an alternate theory. I was thinking more of the already dried stuff that may of been bagged and taken or sold thus drug money. This though if you have looked through the previous threads here has never been my initial belief

Obviously many here have never had their apartments broken into. As someone who has lived in high crime neighborhoods during school, where my apartment was broken into twice, you'd be amazed at what a burglar will take and what they leave behind. The first time my place was broken into, the burglar(s) took my $300 tube tv from walmart and didn't take my $1500 HP Laptop which was sitting on the tv stand!

:welcome:

I find that unlikely as well. He knew both Knox and Meredith and seemed to like them - why would he break into their place. They were students, meaning they probably had very little in belongings beyond clothes and books. If someone is going to take the trouble to break into a place, why not at the very least be sure that there's something worth stealing. Rent money being in the cottage on the night of Nov 1 was certainly a very big "if" regardless of whether the rent was due during business hours on Nov 1 or on the next business day. There was something to steal in Filomina's room (laptop, jewelery) and most likely also in Laura's room, but nothing was taken from those rooms. In fact, it seemed that the "burglar" was very considerate and didn't want to disturb the bedrooms of Knox and Laura.

The whole burglary thing falls through for me. If the point of entry was Filomina's bedroom, her jewelery should have been stolen (fits easily into a pocket). The laptop fits easily into a backpack. The laptop wasn't even taken out of the room - where an encounter with Meredith could have occurred. Instead, clothes were thrown on the floor ... as Filomina said "what a stupid burglar."

Your evidence that Rudy "seemed to like" Amanda and Meredith is what, that he raped and killed one of them? Most of us no longer believe rape to be evidence of affection.

The rest of your post proves that Rudy Guede was NOT an internationally renowned cat burglar. Fair enough. But your average, everyday, run-of-the-mill burglar relies on opportunity and good luck. He breaks in where he can, takes what he can find.

I rented a room in a house that was burglarized in the 1970s. The burglar stole one pair of jeans (French cut, slightly more expensive than regular blue jeans) from me.

I called the owner of the house the other day and he can't even remember what was taken from him, whatever it was was of such low value. But TVs, radios and jewelry were left behind.

Not every burglar is like a master criminal from the movies. In fact, I've heard (sorry, don't have a link) that most burglaries are crimes of opportunity, rather casually carried out.

I posted in the thread that was pulled, about Stefanoni's changing stories regarding the negative controls for the PCR run on the knife sample. Obviously this is a crucial piece of evidence because the tests were run in a lab in which Meredith's DNA had been amplified many times, and what was said to have been found was a tiny amount. Actually, a tiny amount found after cranking up the sensitivity of the test beyond the manufacturer's recommendations (a process Stefanoni chose not to do for other pieces of evidence). And tested in a lab not equipped for LCN testing. So a clean negative control sample, run at the same sensitivity setting, was important. That's why the defence requested the data.

Stefanoni's responses are quite bizarre.

1. Initially, the defence were told that Stefanoni didn't document such trivialities. You might as well ask for a surgeon's written declaration that he washed his hands. So no such documentation exists.
  2. When the defence insisted, the story changed. The documentation did exist after all, and it had actually been submitted to the court at the pre-trial stage. Hellman announced an adjournment to search for this documentation, but it could not be found. Apparently the documentation had NOT been submitted to the court.
  3. At the very last moment before the recent recess, Stefanoni turned up in court clutching what she claimed was in fact the missing documentation. However, on inspection the dates and serial numbers on the blurry photocopies she presented did not match the test runs concerned. Oops.
  4. Fourth time lucky. When the court re-convened after the recess, Stefanoni again came forward with documentation she claimed was NOW the correct negative controls. She had found it in the garage.
Please, does this woman think we all came up the Clyde on a banana boat? Are we really supposed to believe this? Consider. If one of the defendants had been asked to provide documentation vital to his or her case, and had then gone through a similar rigmarole before finally "finding" the material in the garage, would anyone be inclined to believe them? It makes "the dog ate my homework" sound eminently reasonable. Why is it OK when Stefanoni does it?

But...but... Cartwheels!

I posted in the thread that was pulled, about Stefanoni's changing stories regarding the negative controls for the PCR run on the knife sample. Obviously this is a crucial piece of evidence because the tests were run in a lab in which Meredith's DNA had been amplified many times, and what was said to have been found was a tiny amount. Actually, a tiny amount found after cranking up the sensitivity of the test beyond the manufacturer's recommendations (a process Stefanoni chose not to do for other pieces of evidence). And tested in a lab not equipped for LCN testing. So a clean negative control sample, run at the same sensitivity setting, was important. That's why the defence requested the data.
Rolfe,

Nice summary. As was pointed out elsewhere, there was a concentration step, and that step might also introduce contamination. Therefore, the control should also have been subjected to this procedure: "If sample B underwent concentration procedures, it is important that appropriate negative controls were also concentrated to demonstrate that the procedure did not introduce contamination."

Knox certainly tries to distance herself from Guede, but the facts remain that in the couple of weeks that she'd been in Perugia, Guede was one of the people that she'd met, knew, recognized and had socialized with at a small private party.

She'd been there two months and she'd seen him around sometimes because he hung out with the boys downstairs occasionally. She knew everyone in her classes better by that standard, and all of the boys downstairs as well as the English girls and friends of their friends too if she'd ever been introduced. There's no evidence there was any more interaction than the introduction at the 'party,' and it's implied otherwise. In other words there were dozens of people she must have 'known' better by that standard, there's no interaction beyond that ever proven.

Your evidence that Rudy "seemed to like" Amanda and Meredith is what, that he raped and killed one of them? Most of us no longer believe rape to be evidence of affection.

The rest of your post proves that Rudy Guede was NOT an internationally renowned cat burglar. Fair enough. But your average, everyday, run-of-the-mill burglar relies on opportunity and good luck. He breaks in where he can, takes what he can find.

Nova !!! Lots of hugs great to see you back and posting here!!! Have missed those slippery slopes :innocent:

Lots of articles popping up all over the place for those that might be interested

"It was this, the seamier side of Perugia, that Italian prosecutors invoked when they accused Amanda Knox and her Italian boyfriend of a few days, the boyish-looking Raffaele Sollecito, of murdering 21-year-old Meredith Kercher in cold blood in Nov 2007 in what they said was a sex game stoked by drugs and black magic that went horrifically awry."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8770640/Will-Amanda-Knox-soon-be-free.html

"The American is now just days from learning whether her conviction for the killing in the Italian town of Perugia will be overturned, after launching her appeal in court almost a year ago"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/amanda-knox-awaits-murder-appeal-verdict-2357309.html

"Oggi also released the original recordings of Rudy Guide’s wire tap by the police. They had Rudy’s friend call from the police station so they could “officially” record it. Rudy is repeatedly saying the scripted story line that we all know by now: He went to the latrine, turned up the music and when he came out, he saw a man he did not recognize over the dead body"

http://www.groundreport.com/World/AMANDA-KNOX-GOOD-NEWS/2941450

Maybe some have followed the WM3 as well

"Amanda Knox case is Italy’s West Memphis 3"

"In the Amanda Knox and West Memphis cases, even high-profile reporters at major networks cling to exciting crime theories, no matter how loony or baseless. The Memphis prosecutor insisted the three teenage defendants had murdered the Cub Scouts in a satanic ritual, even though no evidence supported this theory. “They wore black and listened to Metallica,” a police officer told the court, which also heard that main suspect Damien Echols had read Stephen King and dabbled in Wicca (a nonviolent sect that doesn’t believe in angels or demons). They were freed only because DNA showed they weren’t at the crime scene. Police did find DNA from a stepfather of one of the murdered boys, but he has never been arrested"

http://blog.seattlepi.com/dempsey/2011/09/17/amanda-knox-case-is-italys-west-memphis-3/

i have only idly followed this case, and i actually may have asked this before, but i don't remember the answer so i'll ask again. lol. is it true that prosecutors can appeal acquittals in Italy? i think i heard that on a special i watched on this case. (whew i sure have memory problems in this post.) if her conviction is overturned, is she home free? is this it?

i have only idly followed this case, and i actually may have asked this before, but i don't remember the answer so i'll ask again. lol. is it true that prosecutors can appeal acquittals in Italy? i think i heard that on a special i watched on this case. (whew i sure have memory problems in this post.) if her conviction is overturned, is she home free? is this it?

My understanding is that they can appeal but must wait the 90 days for the Motivational Report

SV though is the resident expert on this aspect so will hope he will pop in and either confirm or tell me to get my straight jacket replaced :)

My understanding is that they can appeal but must wait the 90 days for the Motivational Report

SV though is the resident expert on this aspect so will hope he will pop in and either confirm or tell me to get my straight jacket replaced :)

That is correct, though they can in the meantime ask for an emergency preventative detention order to prevent flight before the appeals process is truly completed. I don't know why the media is ignoring this key aspect of the Italian system (much fewer limits on preventative detention than most other EU nations), but if it were to be granted, it would very likely be in the form of house arrest this time, given the PR nightmare Italy has already been put through.

Sorry I haven't been posting the past few days and most likely won't for a while yet, my wife is ill and I don't have the patience to debate in a civilized fashion at the moment.

She'd been there two months and she'd seen him around sometimes because he hung out with the boys downstairs occasionally. She knew everyone in her classes better by that standard, and all of the boys downstairs as well as the English girls and friends of their friends too if she'd ever been introduced. There's no evidence there was any more interaction than the introduction at the 'party,' and it's implied otherwise. In other words there were dozens of people she must have 'known' better by that standard, there's no interaction beyond that ever proven.

Exactly.

When I was on my year abroad and staying in student accommodation I met all sorts of people. There were people I saw on an almost daily basis, doesn't mean I spoke to them barely at all. One of them I even went on a night out with (with other people too) and I don't even remember his name. I remember only two things about him; he was Muslim but often drank alcohol and he was Bulgarian. That is IT. And yet, I could easily be traced back to him, people could argue I had contact with him on more than one occasion, that I had been on a night out with him and a handful of other people.

Just because you can be linked with someone, does not mean you know or feel comfortable with them or even spoke to them that much. Especially in a University setting. When I think of all the people I knew of in Uni... crikey.

I know this is off topic, but guys - the correct spelling is "straitjacket".

Strait as in narrow, confined. Not straight as in not bendy. See "Straits of Gibraltar" etc.

Strait as in narrow, confined. Not straight as in not bendy. See "Straits of Gibraltar" etc.

Incidentally, I never received mine :panic:

ummm I know :D

Since it is though my private asylum, on a caribbean island, with its' own jet, rubber staw hats, rubber wine bottles etc i chose straight jacket on purpose (a play on name since they are designer ones )

Hope SV that your wife is better!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member