Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know. I do know that Frank, the blogger, hasn't studied journalism and that his opinion blogs have left him in trouble with the law.

Here's Barbie's most recent article in The Daily Beast

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-snag-with-prosecutor-s-closing-argument.html

[Mignini] hinted that Knox’s own defense—and that of her lawyers’—has been based on slandering everyone around her, from accusing an innocent man of the murder to saying the police hit her, before making a quick comparison to a “Nazi propaganda minister.”

Sounds like Mignini is projecting.

From Andrea Vogt, it looks like the Knox/Mellas propaganda campaign was compared to Francis Bacon, and then Goebbels was compared to Francis Bacon as well.

"At one point, while talking about Knox's accusation against Lumumba and "denigrating attacks" against the Italian police and judicial system, Mignini made reference to a quip from philosopher Sir Francis Bacon: "Hurl your calumnies boldly, something is sure to stick."

And to make sure his point wasn't lost, he added that it was the same tactic used by a "noted Nazi propaganda minister from the 1930s.".

http://www.seattlepi.com/amanda-kno...Knox-knows-the-truth-of-her-guilt-2185320.php

Don't know. I do know that Frank, the blogger, hasn't studied journalism and that his opinion blogs have left him in trouble with the law.

Here's Barbie's most recent article in The Daily Beast

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-snag-with-prosecutor-s-closing-argument.html

Barbie Nadeau and Andrea have not studied journalism either. Andrea's degree is in political science from University of Idaho. Frank has written for Italian publications including Gente----he also has a PHD in philosophy.

Barbie Nadeau and Andrea have not studied journalism either. Andrea's degree is in political science from University of Idaho. Frank has written for Italian publications including Gente----he also has a PHD in philosophy.

Here is Andrea's bio. She's certainly not a blogger.

"As a Fulbright Scholar and recipient of several other international fellowships, she went on to publish in several German publications, including the Munchner Merkur and the national news weekly Der Spiegel in Hamburg. She began freelancing full-time in 2001 and her work has appeared in various print, broadcast and new media, including The Guardian, The Independent, The First Post, Italy's leading weekly news magazine Panorama, Seattle Post-Intelligencer and Seattlepi.com, Sky News, National Geographic Traveler, and Review of Policy Research, among others."

http://www.thefreelancedesk.com/bio.html

From Andrea Vogt, it looks like the Knox/Mellas propaganda campaign was compared to Francis Bacon, and then Goebbels was compared to Francis Bacon as well.

"At one point, while talking about Knox's accusation against Lumumba and "denigrating attacks" against the Italian police and judicial system, Mignini made reference to a quip from philosopher Sir Francis Bacon: "Hurl your calumnies boldly, something is sure to stick."

And to make sure his point wasn't lost, he added that it was the same tactic used by a "noted Nazi propaganda minister from the 1930s.".

http://www.seattlepi.com/amanda-kno...Knox-knows-the-truth-of-her-guilt-2185320.php

Wow. Mignini sure does sound like he has studied up on this subject.

Wow. Mignini sure does sound like he has studied up on this subject.

He would have had a classic education that includes European history. I think that's rather common in Europe.

The prosecutor resorted to Godwin's Law?? Lolol. Can this case get any worse?

I think I'll just go back to the WM3 forum. :truce:

He would have had a classic education that includes European history. I think that's rather common in Europe.

Surely he would know about his own country's history with fascism, then. This appears to be a blind spot for <modsnip>.

Frank had not paid a 450 Euro fine, so when he showed up in front of the police, they detained him. How does it work in other places when someone doesn't pay their fine? Isn't it normal for police to haul them off to pay it?

And they couldn't take him to pay his fine at the close of court yesterday because...?

You wanted to knock Frank Sfarzo because he hadn't "studied journalism", but that didn't work because your faves hadn't studied it either. So rather than having any principles, you just moved the goal posts to fit your preconceived need to just be right at any cost. You invited the comparison. Andrea Vogt didn't study journalism either----which is not surprising, even given the amount of articles she's written.

Andrea Vogt is published in numerous newspapers and books. She gives lectures about the media for private and public sector agencies and American universities, so she must know something about the media. What newspapers have published Frank's blog opinions?

The prosecutor resorted to Godwin's Law?? Lolol. Can this case get any worse?

I think I'll just go back to the WM3 forum. :truce:

Yes he did. But not before mentioning Amanda had condoms and a vibrator in her bathroom!!!!! OMG? She's a witch, burn her.

And they couldn't take him to pay his fine at the close of court yesterday because...?

I guess that people that violate the law and don't pay their fines give up the option of paying when it's convenient.

So true. Thank you for posting - what an impressive list of gifted people who did not attend college. We live in an era where BAs and MAs are required for all jobs, and the standards sink lower and lower each decade. The truly brilliant and gifted person learns by doing. I was told at 14 that I was writing on a graduate level. When I did go to a private college in my 30s, half the students were illiterate, but received Bs and even As. I look forward to a coming era where college will be for the very few. As it was in Emerson's day. A great book is "Dumbing Down: The Strip-mining of American Culture" in which college degrees of today are compared to the indulgences of the Catholic Church which Martin Luther railed against. ( i.e. , pay the money, get into "heaven" or in our era, a profession.)

I agree with you about grade inflation, but the primary culprit is our worship of capitalism. Students think of a college education as a "product" to be purchased; they pay their money and see no reason why they shouldn't get grades that will aid them later in life.

In fairness, colleges do a great deal to encourage this attitude by placing tremendous emphasis on teacher evaluations and the like, by selling the institution as a guarantor of job placement.

But my point is that the best colleges remain great places for students to acquire skills and, more importantly IMO, learn to think.

Some people do great things without the benefit of a college education, certainly. Others do great things due in part to their experiences at university.

I guess that people that violate the law and don't pay their fines give up the option of paying when it's convenient.

That might be cute if it were Frank's rights alone that are at issue. Also denied, however, was the right of the public to the free information provided by Frank as a news source.

It is for the latter reason that the fine should have been dealt with after court.

I agree with you about grade inflation, but the primary culprit is our worship of capitalism. Students think of a college education as a "product" to be purchased; they pay their money and see no reason why they shouldn't get grades that will aid them later in life.

In fairness, colleges do a great deal to encourage this attitude by placing tremendous emphasis on teacher evaluations and the like, by selling the institution as a guarantor of job placement.

But my point is that the best colleges remain great places for students to acquire skills and, more importantly IMO, learn to think.

Some people do great things without the benefit of a college education, certainly. Others do great things due in part to their experiences at university.
Just so long as these colleges are available to those who are worthy of such an education. (just in the way of an explanation, Nova: My sisters and I had a very, very bizarre situation with college ---all had IQs in the 140s, super high SAT scores, our mother had an MA and our father a PhD, and taught at NYU and Chicago U, cousins went to Princeton and Harvard, and our parents bizarrely resisted our going to college at all, told us it was all claptrap and cajoled, threatened and begged us not to go, and finally made us go to a local college that was very low-grade and fifth-rate due to it being free from my mother's work- so I have massive envy and resentment and absolute bafflement as to how people normally go to college)

This poster at JREF mirrors my own thoughts and fears:

I must say that I'm very worried. The defense can not afford to let the other prosecution "evidence" go unchallenged. When it's time for them to give their closing arguments, the defense must stress the counter explanations for the "bloody footprints", "bathmat footprint", "mixed-blood", etc. I hope they don't spend the majority of their time debunking the DNA evidence because at this point that would be like beating a dead horse. A lot of focus should be on Rudy Guede and the evidence against him (especially his history as a cat burglar) because that is paramount in establishing the most plausible scenario of what happened that night. The similarity between his burglary of that lawyer's office and the break-in through Filomena's window needs to be emphasized.

The "mixed-DNA" issue I am especially worried about. While the last judge correctly disregarded the idea that the samples in question were of "mixed blood", he erroneously concluded that because they were mixed, they must have been deposited at the same time -- implicating Amanda. There are scientific studies that refute this notion, but is the new judge even aware of this? How about the defense team?
http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=215085&page=160

This poster at JREF mirrors my own thoughts and fears:

I must say that I'm very worried. The defense can not afford to let the other prosecution "evidence" go unchallenged. When it's time for them to give their closing arguments, the defense must stress the counter explanations for the "bloody footprints", "bathmat footprint", "mixed-blood", etc. I hope they don't spend the majority of their time debunking the DNA evidence because at this point that would be like beating a dead horse. A lot of focus should be on Rudy Guede and the evidence against him (especially his history as a cat burglar) because that is paramount in establishing the most plausible scenario of what happened that night. The similarity between his burglary of that lawyer's office and the break-in through Filomena's window needs to be emphasized.

The "mixed-DNA" issue I am especially worried about. While the last judge correctly disregarded the idea that the samples in question were of "mixed blood", he erroneously concluded that because they were mixed, they must have been deposited at the same time -- implicating Amanda. There are scientific studies that refute this notion, but is the new judge even aware of this? How about the defense team?

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=215085&page=160

Who is the author of that forum comment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli