Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had simply paid the fine, like a law abiding citizen, he could have carried on with his day.

You asked was it the norm in other places for police to behave like that. I simply answered your question - no, it isn't normal.

Seeing as how the appeals trial up til now has been pretty matter of fact, I have to think that these sleazy tactics are not going to go over too well with the jury. Really, appealing to sexism, nationalism and the race card? Mignini really weakened his presentation of actual facts with all of this ranting, innuendo and finger pointing, IMO.

The 'look at the victim's death' appeal was as expected at least, that's pretty much SOP for the prosecutor in any murder trial. Same with the media's heavy attention on that part of the presentation - I think they just like to use the word 'gruesome'.
Let us just hope that the judges are not like Mignini; that is my biggest fear. One never knows....

You asked was it the norm in other places for police to behave like that. I simply answered your question - no, it isn't normal.

I disagree. Police do detain people if they have violated the law. An unpaid fine is a violation of the law, so the fact that Frank was detained is nothing strange.

If he had simply paid the fine, like a law abiding citizen, he could have carried on with his day.
I love Frank, but he does have a flair for drama. It would be just like him to not pay the fine, in the hopes that press would report he was dragged out of court as he was today. Very naughty. He is an amazing journalist, though.

I love Frank, but he does have a flair for drama. It would be just like him to not pay the fine, in the hopes that press would report he was dragged out of court as he was today. Very naughty. He is an amazing journalist, though.

Where did he study journalism? I thought he was a blogger - just another guy that decided to post his opinion about he case.

I can just imagine the uproar in my own country if a journalist known to be sympathetic to the defense was dragged out of the courtroom by police over a small fine!!

And maybe Frank did do it deliberately, but if so the police played right into his hands. That looks really bad.

I guess Sollecito had a rough day in court today.

Something tells me he wasn't rushing to pay a fine for what may have been self-defense against a bunch of cops.

Something tells me he wasn't rushing to pay a fine for what may have been self-defense against a bunch of cops.

If he disagreed with the fine, he should have appealed it. Deciding not to pay it is a violation of the law. He should know better than to violate the law and then mingle in a place filled with police officers.

From reading the tweets, it sounds like it wasn't easy to listen to the prosecution closing arguments.

I'm sure it was hard for both to listen to that. I did read it was hard for Amanda as well.

Where did he study journalism? I thought he was a blogger - just another guy that decided to post his opinion about he case.
<modsnip>. Even if self taught, such as Lousia May Alcott and others, who never were schooled, he is an amazing writer. Truman Capote never attended college, never studied journalism for one day. His "In Cold Blood" raised the bar for crime non-fiction. Frank Sfarzo is an amazing writer and blogger. And very naughty.

<modsnip>. Even if self taught, such as Lousia May Alcott and others, who never were schooled, he is an amazing writer. Truman Capote never attended college, never studied journalism for one day. His "In Cold Blood" raised the bar for crime non-fiction. Frank Sfarzo is an amazing writer and blogger. And very naughty.

The line between blogger and journalist is definitely getting blurrier. Regardless, Frank has given this case a unique and unbiased perspective, straight from ground zero. In fact, knowing he isn't working for a corporation lends him more credibility in my eyes.

And anyone who thinks you need formal training to be taken seriously in a field should look at this:

http://www.autodidactic.com/profiles/profiles.htm

The line between blogger and journalist is definitely getting blurrier. Regardless, Frank has given this case a unique and unbiased perspective of this case, straight from ground zero. In fact, knowing he isn't working for a corporation lends him more credibility in my eyes.

And anyone who thinks you need formal training to be taken seriously in a field should look at this:

http://www.autodidactic.com/profiles/profiles.htm
So true. Thank you for posting - what an impressive list of gifted people who did not attend college. We live in an era where BAs and MAs are required for all jobs, and the standards sink lower and lower each decade. The truly brilliant and gifted person learns by doing. I was told at 14 that I was writing on a graduate level. When I did go to a private college in my 30s, half the students were illiterate, but received Bs and even As. I look forward to a coming era where college will be for the very few. As it was in Emerson's day. A great book is "Dumbing Down: The Strip-mining of American Culture" in which college degrees of today are compared to the indulgences of the Catholic Church which Martin Luther railed against. ( i.e. , pay the money, get into "heaven" or in our era, a profession.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010