Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like London John, and I like his take on things...I linked back to it. If they want to remove it, it is fine by me. I have seen other members here link back to JREF quotes, so I assumed I could also do it. :innocent: I do think Nadeau has been tweeting strangely the past few days, and others elsewhere have noted this. In any case, Hellman denied the request, and unless someone informs me differently, I assume he will instruct the jury not to take the high court ruling on Guede into account here. If I am wrong, I will gladly accomodate new info. :)

BLNadeau Barbie Latza Nadeau
#rudyguede supreme court sentencing IS already entered into this appellate court docket. Will b part of deliberation no doubt. #amandaknox

The prosecution made an application to have a Supreme Court precedent entered into the proceedings. That request was denied.

#rudyguede supreme court sentencing IS already entered into this appellate court docket. Will b part of deliberation no doubt. #amandaknox

The prosecution made an application to have a Supreme Court precedent entered into the proceedings. That request was denied.
So can anyone explain this bolded sentence to me? Confused here....:waitasec:

And they couldn't take him to pay his fine at the close of court yesterday because...?

I have to agree with this -- regardless of which side of the fence you stand on. I think it was just dumb to haul this very vocal, dissenting, personality out of the courtroom, in front of God and everybody for some fine.... just kind of silly and it made them all look bad, I think.

JMO,

Salem

Salem, I have a question. Is it quite okay to take comments from other forums and post them here without any information about the author or meaning of the comment?

Yes, it is actually. As long as the other forum, blog, site is not blocked. You can tell when it is blocked because the link comes up with asteriks.

And, in this particular case, there is blogging and commenting all over the net, on both sides of the fence and it has been linked up and used since the beginning.

So the rule is: You can paraphrase or summarize and link. Cutting and pasting, unless it is a news/media type article is not allowed. This is for copyright reasons. Blogs that put their info out there and fully intend for it to be used by others are treated like the media. Do not cut/paste more than 10% of the article/comment. Again - this is for copyright reasons.

It is against TOS to cut/paste the comments that follow a article, such as a media article. These must be paraphrased/summarized and linked.l

Hope that helps - I think I covered it all :)

Salem

Don't know. I do know that Frank, the blogger, hasn't studied journalism and that his opinion blogs have left him in trouble with the law.

Here's Barbie's most recent article in The Daily Beast

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-snag-with-prosecutor-s-closing-argument.html

This article says that Patrick Lumumba's attorney will address the court. Why? Anyone know?

[/quote} On Monday, the lawyers for the Kercher family and Patrick Lumumba will have their chance to address the court.[/quote]

So can anyone explain this bolded sentence to me? Confused here....:waitasec:

I added that sentence, that is not part of the tweet.

No, I can't offer any more information about what this means.

This article says that Patrick Lumumba's attorney will address the court. Why? Anyone know?

On Monday, the lawyers for the Kercher family and Patrick Lumumba will have their chance to address the court.

Patrick is one of the two victim's of Knox's criminal activities, so his lawyer has an opportunity to speak at her appeal. He spent two weeks in jail because of Knox's accusations, his bar was closed, his livelihood destroyed and his life placed in ruin.

"In an exclusive interview with The Sunday Telegraph, Natalie Hayward described how a series of incidents in the run-up to Miss Kercher's death have convinced her that Knox - sentenced to 26 years for the brutal murder - should not be freed as a result of the appeal now nearing its conclusion in an Italian court."

Knox had only been in Perugia since early October "The two British women first met Knox when she took a room in early October in the hillside cottage where Miss Kercher lived. They helped her settle in, then all three went for lunch together."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...chers-friend-Perugia-can-be-a-dark-place.html

[/quote} On Monday, the lawyers for the Kercher family and Patrick Lumumba will have their chance to address the court.
[/QUOTE]

Salem,

The Kercher's attorney and Patrick Lumumba's attorney will both present closing statemnts as a part of the concurrent civil trials.

Meredith's family was awarded an award against anyone found guilty of committing the murder.

Patrick's lawsuit is against Amanda Knox only, and is a result of the statements she made the evening of Nov. 5 accusing Patrick of being in the cottage during the murder. These statements were used by LE as a basis for his subsequent arrest.

PDFs of the statements can be downloaded from this link.

I added that sentence, that is not part of the tweet.

No, I can't offer any more information about what this means.
Well, I sure hope someone else can clarify.

Patrick is one of the two victim's of Knox's criminal activities, so his lawyer has an opportunity to speak at her appeal. He spent two weeks in jail because of Knox's accusations, his bar was closed, his livelihood destroyed and his life placed in ruin.

Interesting.

So it was Amanda Knox who is responsible for imprisoning and interrogating Patrick Lumumba when there was not a a shred of physical evidence against him? Somehow I was under the belief that it was the Perugian police who issued the summons and threw this innocent man in jail on the basis of the statement they illegally coerced from Amanda Knox, while failing to tape the proceedings.

Likewise, it was Amanda Knox who needlessly closed Lumumba's business for months on the preposterous basis that it was a crime scene? Somehow I was under the belief that it was again the Keystone Kops of Perugia, perhaps at the urging of Burgermeister Mignini, who accomplished this.

Bluntly, these are foolish and nonsensical assertions. For those who hold the false belief that Amanda Knox is guilty of the transgressions the absurd Mignini has manufactured, I only pray for their own good health that one day they are able to overcome their misplaced anger and aggression.

Well, I sure hope someone else can clarify.

Quite simply, Hellmann rejected the prosecution's effort to have the Italian Supreme Court's ruling that Rudy Guede's sentence was reached legally -- and their false implication that the Court had implied that they agreed with the Guede court's finding that there was more than one assailant -- tied to AK's and RS's appeal, and sent them packing as they completed their case. To those with an ear to the tracks who wish to suss which direction this particular train is heading, the rejection seems ominous indeed for the prosecution.

Quite simply, Hellmann rejected the prosecution's effort to have the Italian Supreme Court's ruling that Rudy Guede's sentence was reached legally -- and their false implication that the Court had implied that they agreed with the Guede court's finding that there was more than one assailant -- and sent them packing as they completed their case. To those with an ear to the tracks who wish to suss which direction this particular train is heading, the rejection seems ominous indeed for the prosecution.
Thanks for that. Yes, this is how I was reading it as well, but wanted some confirmation, which you have given. Thanks once more....:seeya:

Interesting.

So it was Amanda Knox who is responsible for imprisoning and interrogating Patrick Lumumba when there was not a a shred of physical evidence against him? Somehow I was under the belief that it was the Perugian police who issued the summons and threw this innocent man in jail on the basis of the statement they illegally coerced from Amanda Knox, while failing to tape the proceedings.

Likewise, it was Amanda Knox who needlessly closed Lumumba's business for months on the preposterous basis that it was a crime scene? Somehow I was under the belief that it was again the Keystone Kops of Perugia, perhaps at the urging of Burgermeister Mignini, who accomplished this.

Bluntly, these are foolish and nonsensical assertions. For those who hold the false belief that Amanda Knox is guilty of the transgressions the absurd Mignini has manufactured, I only pray for their own good health that one day they are able to overcome their misplaced anger and aggression.
:clap::clap::clap:

"In an exclusive interview with The Sunday Telegraph, Natalie Hayward described how a series of incidents in the run-up to Miss Kercher's death have convinced her that Knox - sentenced to 26 years for the brutal murder - should not be freed as a result of the appeal now nearing its conclusion in an Italian court."

Knox had only been in Perugia since early October "The two British women first met Knox when she took a room in early October in the hillside cottage where Miss Kercher lived. They helped her settle in, then all three went for lunch together."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...chers-friend-Perugia-can-be-a-dark-place.html

Okay, so this interview tells us nothing new. We already knew that MK's British friends took an immediate, catty dislike to AK, and then went on to mysteriously be the only people to witness the supposedly intense animosity betwixt MK & AK.

So I would, if given the opportunity, ask Miss Hayward: if we are to judge people by their how their behavior might be perceived, who was it that stayed in Italy to help out, and who was it that fled within days?

ETA: Sorry if I come across as catty myself...for some reason MK's Brit friends just rub me the wrong way.

Quite simply, Hellmann rejected the prosecution's effort to have the Italian Supreme Court's ruling that Rudy Guede's sentence was reached legally -- and their false implication that the Court had implied that they agreed with the Guede court's finding that there was more than one assailant -- tied to AK's and RS's appeal, and sent them packing as they completed their case. To those with an ear to the tracks who wish to suss which direction this particular train is heading, the rejection seems ominous indeed for the prosecution.

Then what does this mean?

The sentencing includes the conclusion that Guede did not act alone.

Okay, so this interview tells us nothing new. We already knew that MK's British friends took an immediate, catty dislike to AK, and then went on to mysteriously be the only people to witness the supposedly intense animosity betwixt MK & AK.

So I would, if given the opportunity, ask Miss Hayward: if we are to judge people by their behavior, who was it that stayed in Italy to help out, and who was it that fled within days?

ETA: Sorry if I come across as catty myself...for some reason MK's Brit friends just rub me the wrong way.

Not only are all employees of the court, police, the victim's lawer and forensic lab incompetent, but the jury was biased, journalists with a specific viewpoint are biased or incompetent, the country is "anti-American" and now Meredith's friends are "catty" (did I miss anyone?). Next week, we'll hear criticisms of Patrick's lawyer since we already know that he has nothing good to say about Knox.

It is not difficult to consider that Knox rubbed Meredith and her friends the wrong way - it was a culture clash with aberrations.

Knox didn't stay to help out, she was ordered to remain in the country - from the recorded conversation she had with her aunt on Nov 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member