Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL! Where are you from!!! Man, I come from a family of wailers - at least the women. It's like a funeral in a third world country where they're pulling hair out and stuff. Scares the carp out of many of my American friends. They are not used to shrieking in the church! Or collapsing on the steps!

BBM.

Ireland. We don't do emotion well, (unless drink has been taken). :crazy:

When I watched the "making out" I was struck by how RS was stroking her arm, exactly as we often do when telling someone we are hugging or talking to that it will be ok. I didn't get any sense of a sexual make out session, just upset and worry while with someone you care for. But we all see things differently

I always thought that was a rather sweet little interlude. A shocked Amanda being comforted by her boyfriend. I was completely gobsmacked when I realised it was being shown as evidence that Amanda was behaving like someone who had committed the murder!

It has been stated that RS will be going to Canada to get away from Mignini et al which IMO would be a good idea at this point in time. I hope he does spend some time with his family first

We don't want him.

It could have gone down something like this -

Amanda and RS wandering round the streets, decide to go to the house to get some money to buy some more pot, run into Rudy who they know but not well, he says he can hook them up with the drugs, go to the house to get money run into Meredith big fight ensues, things get out of control, Amanda and RS run off and Rudy rapes and kills Meredith, Amanda and RS won't tell the truth because they feel guilty they let Rudy into the house - it would certainly account for all the lies they told and wouldn't make them guilty of the murder - would make them guilty of covering up the crime though which is what I believe they did.

Or

Maybe they set up Rudy to rob Meredith to get the money for drugs and it got out of hand.

There's just too many damn lies from both of them to make them completely innocent.

Or maybe...Rudy was the lone robber and it was RENT DAY? Hmmm... Meredith was murdered on Nov. 1-- rent day. Rudy’s landlady was looking for him, because he was out of cash. He’d also been abandoned by his rich foster family.

Police admitted Rudy's DNA was found on MK handbag and Prosecutor Giuliano Mignini admitted to Oggi Magazine that “Rudy reached into her purse.”

Inexplicably Rudy also knew about the money theft before it appeared in the press.

With respect, I don't think culture has anything to do with it. Odd behaviour after a crime especially a murder is what criminal profilers and psychiatrists look at all the time. CA's behaviour after knowing her daughter was dead was considered odd regardless what nationality or country you're from (as an example). AK's behaviour was just as odd.

I think there's a huge difference in the behaviour a criminal profiler should look for after a mother has lost her child, and after a student has lost someone she shared a flat with for two months.

At least I'm consistent; I didn't think Louise Woodward was guilty either (watched every minute of her trial), and apparently neither did the judge who sent her on her way.

On a similar note, I was completely taken in by Karen Matthews' impersonation of a panicked mother whose daughter had gone missing. Utterly fooled I was.

Guilty as hell, as it turned out.

Here's a still taken around the moment Sollecito kissed Knox:
cuar02_perugia0806.jpg

Will do, just give me a few mins :)

I tried to beat you to it. I'm looking around and found this: http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/06/perugia200806

In that article, it said Guede was friends with the guys who shared the flat beneath Meredith and Knox. It doesn't say Knox knew him or smoked pot with him or anything but it does say Meredith had met him:

Guede first met Meredith in early October, in the downstairs apartment, and was instantly struck by the girl’s exotic beauty. “But you don’t have anything English about you,” Guede exclaimed, gazing at her cascade of shiny black hair and olive skin. “Well, that’s because of my parents,” he claims she replied. “I have mixed blood.” She was very close to her family, she told friends. In fact, she had been planning to go home within the next few weeks for “my mum’s birthday.”

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/06/perugia200806

Poor, sweet girl:
cuar03_perugia0806.jpg

Just heard on the NG show from Paul Ciolino (sp?) the independent investigator who has studied this case for 4 yrs that Mignini got his 'theory' of the satanic sex game gone wrong from an Italian psychic who claimed to channel the info from some long dead priest from the past.

This is the guy people have put their faith into to prosecute fairly? He's a menace to society, is what he is.

BTW, Mignini wrongfully accused US author Doug Preston of being a murderer when Preston came to Italy to write a book about an Italian serial killer there. Mignini decided that Preston must be him and accused him of (get ready for it).... .... satanic rituals leading to murder! Preston got out of the country tout de suit.

THATS MIGNINI????? I watched the show on that serial killer and how poor Preston was hounded to death by a prosecutor on absolutely no evidence. It was absolutely bizarre. The Monster of Florence The Monster of Florence: A True Story - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETA now I know who he is, not just his other history, i wouldn't trust in the evidence of a fly he prosecuted for landing on food.

THATS MIGNINI????? I watched the show on that serial killer and how poor Preston was hounded to death by a prosecutor on absolutely no evidence. It was absolutely bizarre. The Monster of Florence The Monster of Florence: A True Story - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ETA now I know who he is, not just his other history, i wouldn't trust in the evidence of a fly he prosecuted for landing on food.

Yup. One and the same. Actually convicted, but not yet serving his sentence because it has not been ratified by the Court of Cassation.

The one who dreamed up the entire case against Knox and Sollecito. He was in the police station while they were being questioned on 5th November. He invented the satanic ritual theory. He headed the original prosecution. He should have had nothing to do with the second trial, but somehow managed to insinuate himself in there to repeat his attack on the two students.

It has been speculated that he was allowed to do that because nobody else wanted to be the one to head up such a weak case, that was going to be overturned.

And... I'm sure you wouldn't have taken a shower in the victim's bathroom, bought sexy lingerie, had sex with your boyfriend, and done cartwheels in the police station, she acted just like Casey Anthony!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Have you seen the ACTUAL pictures of the bathroom? Not the picture with PINK luminol? The bathroom pics leaked to the press were the pics of the bathroom AFTER the police doused it with luminol. This has been a BIG misconception. The visible blood was darn near microscopic.

Here is a link...
http://knoxarchives.blogspot.com/2009/12/bloody-bathroom-fallacy-what-amanda.html

As for the "sexy lingerie"...

Amanda was locked out of herplace...it was a crime scene. She needed underwear. It was later uncovered, the witness that said Amanda and Raffaele were talking about sex didn't speak any English at all. Amanda was speaking English in the store given her very limited Italian. Also, the store wasn't a lingerie shop! Elizabeth Vargas, an ABC reporter, reported on the Oprah Winfrey show that she visited the store. She said they didn't even sell the sexy lingerie that was described in the media. She described the store as being similar to a Target store in the US. The security camera footage that shows a brief moment when Amanda smiled at Raffaele, was all the media needed to push this lie all over the world. This was one of the most widely distributed lies to come from this entire case. The media knows that sex sells. It doesn't matter who's lives get destroyed in the process

With respect, I don't think culture has anything to do with it. Odd behaviour after a crime especially a murder is what criminal profilers and psychiatrists look at all the time. CA's behaviour after knowing her daughter was dead was considered odd regardless what nationality or country you're from (as an example). AK's behaviour was just as odd.

Yes, I would agree that in Knox's case, culture didn't have much to do with it because many Americans are disturbed or were by her behavior then. And I agree Knox's behavior was odd, but not at all as odd as casey's. After all, casey was a mother to the victim. Not a flatmate for two months. Big difference, IMO.

In the article I linked to above, it discusses Knox. She was very outgoing and a bit weird to those who met her. Sang loudly at cafes. Had a boyfriend right away upon moving. Yeah, she seemed like a "fun" girl and possibly not the type who would allow herself to be as traumatized by her roommate's murder as most of us would be.

But in this case, for me, the facts debunk her involvement. That's why I changed my mind.

Have you seen the ACTUAL pictures of the bathroom? Not the picture with PINK luminol? The bathroom pics leaked to the press were the pics of the bathroom AFTER the police doused it with luminol. This has been a BIG misconception. The visible blood was darn near microscopic.

Here is a link...
http://knoxarchives.blogspot.com/2009/12/bloody-bathroom-fallacy-what-amanda.html

Here it is in direct:

Amanda Knox - Bathroom Fallacy - What Amanda Really Saw - YouTube

Also, her testimony is that she took a shower before she realized something may be wrong, not anytime after.

Yup. One and the same. Actually convicted, but not yet serving his sentence because it has not been ratified by the Court of Cassation.

The one who dreamed up the entire case against Knox and Sollecito. He was in the police station while they were being questioned on 5th November. He invented the satanic ritual theory. He headed the original prosecution. He should have had nothing to do with the second trial, but somehow managed to insinuate himself in there to repeat his attack on the two students.

It has been speculated that he was allowed to do that because nobody else wanted to be the one to head up such a weak case, that was going to be overturned.

Well that explains using supposed experts exposed as liars and the other unbelievable things in the MK trial. Do you know that Spezzi, the italian journalist working with Preston was jailed for 3 weeks by Magnini?

I agree. However, I don't think you were in the minority re Troy Davis. I think many felt he could be innocent and had he been a cute, little white college girl, many more would have given a darn. In other words, while the majority may have felt there was too much doubt for the death penalty, his status - black, male, etc., - made far less care to protest it, even if they thought he may be innocent.

I have no idea if he was even NG (from my brief readings of the case, I thought a probability of guilt) but to not provide a stay or commuting the sentence to life in prison to sort out the doubt was a travesty of justice IMO. He was convicted of killing a cop and doubts be damned someone had to die. Having the gall of being born black did him no favors.

You can appeal a conviction, you can't appeal death.

More on Mignini. His appeal is in November

He was convicted of:

1.) Illegally investigating journalists who had criticized him with the "intent to harass or deter them from pursuing their legitimate profession". Specifically the court found that Mignini had targeted Italian journalists Vincenzo Tessandori, Gennaro De Stefano, and Roberto Fiasconaro, because they had criticized his investigations into the death of Narducci.

2.) Ordering an illegal investigation of the Florentine ex police chief Giuseppe De Donno.

3.) Ordering illegal investigations of two officials of the Viminale, the Ministry of the Interior in Rome, including an illegal investigation of the Roberto Sgalla, ex-director of the office of external affairs

"The bench ruled that he and Michele Giuttari, a detective-turned-thriller writer, had used their powers to persecute people they regarded as their enemies: tapping their phones, interrogating them, putting them under investigation without any evidence against them and even getting them jailed, for personal reasons the court said, were guilty of "almost unheard of" criminal activity, carrying out investigations "in no way related ... to their proper competence", launching criminal cases with no evidence, ordering phone taps with "quite different ends" from those cited when the taps were authorised, taps that were made "for reasons of retaliation ... against people towards whom they had reasons for hostility".

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-1992485.html

Even though all the Monster's victims were shot with the same gun, Mignini told a court that it wasn't the work of a single serial killer. Rather, Mignini described an elaborate conspiracy of 20 people, including government officials and law enforcement officers, who made up a secret society behind the Monster killings.
Mignini indicted the 20 people and charged them with the concealment of Narducci's murder, and laid out a hard-to-follow plot that included body doubles and featured Narducci's body being swapped - not once, but twice!

If all of this sounds hard to believe, it is. Tuesday, in a preliminary hearing, Perugia Judge Paolo Micheli threw out the case against the 20. The judge found there was no solid evidence to back up Mignini's claim that Narducci was murdered, let alone the victim of a satanic sect

According to the Italian newsmagazine Panorama, investigators discovered that Mignini maintained computer lists entitled "Attacks to Remember" and "Orgy of Attacks." The lists contained names of journalists, government officials, and members of the Italian Parliament.

Mignini was convicted of launching investigations into his critics in the media, the police, and the government. The prosecutor illegally wiretapped phones and cell phones in his ambition to end the "orgy of attacks."

Because he violated the public trust, the Florence court banned Mignini from holding public office for the rest of his life. But, during his appeal, the prosecutor gets to remain in office. Mignini has not been called on to resign either

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...ag=mncol;lst;4

People handle thing that are catastrophic differently, but doing cartwheels is very odd! When my husband was shot in the head, I wouldn't even go close to his bed the first hour, his head was so big it didn't look like him anymore! I never asked who shot him or how it happened. I saw it on the news 4 hours later while he was in brain surgery, my 14 year old son made all decisions, the only thing I told the surgeon was I wanted life support and surgrey at all cost! I am one of the last people to judge anyone's behavior while in shock, but Amanda was as odd as CA!

Yep, the very one and same Mignini. The same Mignini who dreamed up this whole case against AK and RS. The same Mignini who lied and lied and lied and changed theories as fast as he could, as each one got shot down. The same Mignini that claimed things that were not true during the investigation...the same Mignini who others look to as a source of "truth" of why they believe AK and RS are guilty of this murder.

<modsnip>

He is everyone's worst nightmare and yet his words about AK and RS were believed by so many for so long that logic and scientific proof that disproves him is held onto with fierce determination. THAT Mignini!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves