Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mignini is basically the Italian Ted Gunderson. Imagine what kind of havoc Gunderson could wreak if he was still in the FBI....

I don't think he was, either. What I am reading between the lines is, the Kerchers trust the courts, and now really doubt Knox or Sollecito were ever involved. So rhetorically they are asking, "Then, who? Surely we would not have been dragged through all this if it really had been Guede alone? Or would we?"

Do you agree?:waitasec:

I think they're confused and not sure what to think until they read Hellman's report. That they want to look at the facts more closely says that they didn't do so the first time around, and probably relied heavily on generalized bits of info from Maresca. When Mr. Kercher spoke in the past about the evidence it was always prefaced with "We have been told" this or that. I don't think they attended much of the trial at all. And I don't blame them, I just think they had a slimy lawyer who didn't paint the whole picture for them.

I think they're confused and not sure what to think until they read Hellman's report. That they want to look at the facts more closely says that they didn't do so the first time around, and probably relied heavily on generalized bits of info from Maresca. When Mr. Kercher spoke in the past about the evidence it was always prefaced with "We have been told" this or that. I don't think they attended much of the trial at all. And I don't blame them, I just think they had a slimy lawyer who didn't paint the whole picture for them.
Thanks---and yes, I always felt they had been fed a story, manipulated at their weakest moment. I think in time they may come to grasp that the likelihood is that Guede acted alone, and it was an error to project the other 2 into the scenario, just because the police and roommates found them a bit odd. I have never blamed them for believing as they did, as I know fully, when you are grieving, the first years you really are too weak to do much thinking. They trusted Maresca, but it seems they are done with him now. And that is very telling.

PS: Just saw that Nancy Grace, in her "Knox verdict is gross miscarriage of justice" piece, says she thinks Amanda did not do it, but watched and egged Sollecito on to do it. Where is the evidence for such? I guess she simply wants big ratings.

From what I remember, Mignini got involved with the Monster of Florence case while investigating the death of Dr Francesco Narducci in Perugia, who was found drowned in a lake.

Mignini prosecuted 21 people for being part of a satanic cult that murdered the doctor and that the doctor himself was part of this cult, that was responsible for the serial killings in Florence, but they had him killed and made it look like an accident or suicide.
He even accused Narducci's family of covering up the Dr's connection to the cult and swapped his body with another.

All 21 ended up being acquitted

Insisting that the body in Narducci's grave was someone else, Mignini had the body exhumed. When DNA tests proved the right person was in the grave, Mignini claimed that the body had been swapped twice.

We have to give him credit for being persistent.

Insisting that the body in Narducci's grave was someone else, Mignini had the body exhumed. When DNA tests proved the right person was in the grave, Mignini claimed that the body had been swapped twice.

BBM or :crazy:

such cases I can't imagine they would encompass a situation like the one in this case where the two people had just met, spoke different languages and had no history of sexual violence or any violence at all. Why would anyone assume that this person they had just met would be a willing participant in any crime but especially one like this? It's just crazy. Throw in hooking up with Geude and it's frankly preposterous. Nothing about this alleged crime led by Amanda has ever made sense and at least the court over there finally figured that out. Occam's razor again. The longtime criminal/burglar who crapped in the toilet and left his DNA did it.

That's where I was struggling to come up with anyone, and why I didn't think Karla exactly fit. I can't think of any sexually motivated partnership or ring where a female was the leader, outside of television/movies/books.

I'm also drawing a blank at many female on female sexually motivated murders, to be honest. The theory of Amanda as the leader doesn't really fit with the patterns of behavior for female murders, much less sexually motivated murderers, from what little I know.

And that Narducci's family did the swapping...THUD

bbm
yes, yes..that's the word...persistent :innocent:

That's where I was struggling to come up with anyone, and why I didn't think Karla exactly fit. I can't think of any sexually motivated partnership or ring where a female was the leader, outside of television/movies/books.

I'm also drawing a blank at many female on female sexually motivated murders, to be honest. The theory of Amanda as the leader doesn't really fit with the patterns of behavior for female murders, much less sexually motivated murderers, from what little I know.

Also, I cannot imagine a woman (AK) who has just begun a new romance wanting to involve her new love (RS) in something that involves another woman (MK) and also getting involved with a stranger they both don't know RG... Similarly, the same can be said of RS not wanting to have his new love be involved with a man they don't know...

Also, I cannot imagine a woman (AK) who has just begun a new romance wanting to involve her new love (RS) in something that involves another woman (MK) and also getting involved with a stranger they both don't know RG... Similarly, the same can be said of RS not wanting to have his new love be involved with a man they don't know...
I agree. It would be very strange. It is not as though RS and AK had been in the business of *advertiser censored*. Reason and common sense say that Guede attacking during a burglary is 1,000 x more believable.

Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka, they killed 3 girls, one of which was Karla's little sister.
I wrote a whole post on the different kinds of murders and the types of murders involving women who murdered someone other than their own relative like their child, spouse or parent.

Other than murders involving family, it is very rare for women to be involved. Especially when they involve sexual abuse or torture. Women involved in such murders either come from serious, serious dysfunction, have a prior criminal and/or mental health history, or are acting at the behest of a psychotic mate they are either obsessed with or are abused by. Knox fits NONE of those parameters.

Also, such group killings rarely occur (in fact, I could not find one case) among people who hardly know each other. It takes time for sociopaths to groom followers and or for them to recognize the evil in each other's soul and act accordingly. Sollecito and knox knew each for 8 days when Meredith was killed. There is no evidence that Knox had any kind of relationship with the drifter Guede who at best, she may have seen around now and then during the two months she had been in Italy. Such a murder scenario involving the three of them defies reason, IMO

Beware all a google translate re RS

Raffaele, the time of the allegations "Dalla polizia azioni violente" "From the violent actions of the police

"I was in front of the police and I could not imagine that was not also there to protect me as my father always taught me. I could not imagine that the police instead of protecting citizens could exercise coercive and violent actions. Bitter words, harsh, leading to urge that night when he was subjected, as the father trying to be diplomatic, to a "very forceful questioning, in conditions of physical and psychological." "The shoes were also removed."

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww3.lastampa.it%2Fcronache%2Fsezioni%2Farticolo%2Flstp%2F423383%2F&act=url

More from that:

It certainly sounds like they are no longer employing Maresca as their lawyer. It has been my belief that he alone has been their source of "official" information on this case, in which case it's easy to see why they are so mystified by the current acquittal. I don't think Maresca was completely open with them about the evidence in the first place.

Interesting. If they have been mislead there is the very distinct possibility that they could pursue legal action. This is the first I have heard of them seeking advice from a different lawyer. Will have to keep an eye on this aspect.

I believe the main part of the article was left out

"Speaking of Knox and Sollecito, Pratillo Hellmann told the interviewer: "I felt emotion because they are two young people who suffered, justly or unjustly, I repeat, we can never say with certainty."

Asked who knew the truth about the slaying, Pratillo Hellmann referred to a third defendant, Rudy Guede, who was convicted of Kercher's murder in a separate trial and is serving a 16-year sentence in Italy.
"Certainly Rudy Guede" knows, he said. "I won't say he's the only one to know," the judge added. "

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44790...s/t/italian-judge-knox-might-know-truth-case/

Thanks---and yes, I always felt they had been fed a story, manipulated at their weakest moment. I think in time they may come to grasp that the likelihood is that Guede acted alone, and it was an error to project the other 2 into the scenario, just because the police and roommates found them a bit odd. I have never blamed them for believing as they did, as I know fully, when you are grieving, the first years you really are too weak to do much thinking. They trusted Maresca, but it seems they are done with him now. And that is very telling.

PS: Just saw that Nancy Grace, in her "Knox verdict is gross miscarriage of justice" piece, says she thinks Amanda did not do it, but watched and egged Sollecito on to do it. Where is the evidence for such? I guess she simply wants big ratings.
THANK YOU FOR CALLING NANCY GRACE OUT ON HER RIDICULOUS AND IRRESPONSIBLE COMMENTS FOLLOWING AK'S AQUITTAL!!! Often I defend NG - I know she has ratings to boost- but here is where I draw the line in disgust! I didn't see her show last night, but I did hear a soundbite from her while InSession was covering the Conrad Murray trial yesterday afternoon. She was smug and snotty as hell, imo, and said basically the same thing that you brought up in your post's "PS" above. WHERE DOES SHE GET OFF spouting such nonsense?? Especially with no back-up details/evidence... NG came across as a woman who hates other women; I'm not saying I think that is how she truly feels, but that is the impression she gave yesterday. Why, I wonder, did she feel the need to slander Amanda Knox in such a way?? This reminded me of her Haleigh Cummings coverage, when she always gave "poor" Ron the benefit of the doubt over anyone else; she was ridiculously anti-female/feminist, imo. Any intelligent person even minimally aware of the FACTS of this case can see that the idea of a murderously evil, "sexed up" AK is absurd, and the idea that she batted her eyes and coerced RS into raping and murdering poor MK is ludicrous-- not to mention completely unproven.:twocents:

Interesting. If they have been mislead there is the very distinct possibility that they could pursue legal action. This is the first I have heard of them seeking advice from a different lawyer. Will have to keep an eye on this aspect.
Yes, I had thought that they might sue him at some point.

THANK YOU FOR CALLING NANCY GRACE OUT ON HER RIDICULOUS AND IRRESPONSIBLE COMMENTS FOLLOWING AK'S AQUITTAL!!! Often I defend NG - I know she has ratings to boost- but here is where I draw the line in disgust! I didn't see her show last night, but I did hear a soundbite from her while InSession was covering the Conrad Murray trial yesterday afternoon. She was smug and snotty as hell, imo, and said basically the same thing that you brought up in your post's "PS" above. WHERE DOES SHE GET OFF spouting such nonsense?? Especially with no back-up details/evidence... NG came across as a woman who hates other women; I'm not saying I think that is how she truly feels, but that is the impression she gave yesterday. Why, I wonder, did she feel the need to slander Amanda Knox in such a way?? This reminded me of her Haleigh Cummings coverage, when she always gave "poor" Ron the benefit of the doubt over anyone else; she was ridiculously anti-female/feminist, imo. Any intelligent person even minimally aware of the FACTS of this case can see that the idea of a murderously evil, "sexed up" AK is absurd, and the idea that she batted her eyes and coerced RS into raping and murdering poor MK is ludicrous-- not to mention completely unproven.:twocents:
And thanks for your agreement with me - and I agree with your well spoken post~!:great: She DOES in fact have an anti-female bias.

Mignini really was convicted and sentenced to prison time; 20 of his indictments actually were thrown out. This was in the international press.

Which makes him a convict, like AK.:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member