Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

He was most certainly there. He even said in his CNN interview that he talked to her and "allowed" her to make a declaration which led to the 545am statement.

The party is over in Perugia. The courtroom, which, just yesterday, was jammed with more than 100 journalists, observers, and family members, is desolate.

This writer realizes that calling the Amanda Knox-Raffaele Sollecito appeal “a party” is crass, particularly when it brought so much pain to so many people. And yet, when I was in the courtroom last month, I couldn’t help feeling that it was a bit of a scene. Journalists and photographers in the gallery moved about, making dinner plans, complaining of hangovers from the night before. Newspaper writers gossiped and flirted idly with Giuliano Mignini, the prosecutor, while the American producers chatted amiably with the endlessly good-natured Knox family.

The case was, no matter what side you happened to be on, a bungle. Mistake upon mistake on both sides, mixed with the most sensational ingredients possible. Usually it takes a novelist to think up something this good—the beautiful women, the romantic setting, the sex. However, what was most extraordinary about this case, internationally, was the complete lack of generosity for the human spirit. The insulting, demeaning headlines against Lumumba, Knox, Guede, and Sollecito. The shocking photos of Meredith Kercher displayed to the public gallery last week. The decisions of certain journalists—our supposed searchers for truth—to write books so biased and selective in fact that they rendered Perugia, a kind, sleepy college town, completely unrecognizable as a den of iniquity, and did their best to damn Knox and Sollecito for better book sales.

So what Amanda Knox has really left behind, as she jets back to Seattle, is a basic question: Can we stop this from happening again, when the sensationalism of the story completely supercedes the facts? I’m not at all optimistic.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...top_this_from_happening_again_.html?gt1=38001

First of all, I would like to thank Judge Hellman for having the strength to take a fresh look at the case and rule on the facts and not feelings.

I would like to congratulate AK and RS on their hard earned freedom. I am so happy for their families and friends after the ordeal they have all had to go through.

My continued condolences to the Kercher family. The have been ill-served by the Perugian LE and Maresca. If they are getting new representation, I hope they will have an advocate for their needs and not serve his or her own financial desires. Nothing can ever restore the life they had before with Meredith in it, but the truth can give them the solace they need on their path to at least a semblance of serenity.

Thanks, to all the posters on this forum those I have agreed and even those I have disagreed. For the most part, I have enjoyed my time on these threads.

I would like to apologize to anyone, if they feel like I attacked them especially in the past few days. I tried to attack their statements or ideas, but I if I went over the line, then my fault.

I started posting on this website on the day of RG taking the stand, which was a low point in this appeal in terms of AK and RS chances of getting an acquital. I was so despondant at the time finally feeling the "complete lack of generosity for the human spirit" that enveloped this story, that I broke down and posted for the first time after lurking for months. Now, that both RS and AK are safely at home and there have been no last minute reversals, it is a good time to return to my natural state. I am going to take a break from posting, because I don't feel like I can add anything constructive at this time. However, I will still be lurking, so if you write good posts, I will give thanks.

Ciao, mates...or see you later.:seeya:

As pointed out on JREF - Stephanie Kercher: Perhaps Maresca will be fired?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8803239/Amanda-Knox-verdict-latest.html

The judge said this?

More from Judge Hellmann. He's also spoken about Rudy Guede, who was convicted of Kercher's murder in a separate trial and is serving a 16-year sentence in Italy, before adding more odd comments about Knox and Sollecito:

Certainly Rudy Guede... I won't say he's the only one to know... [Knox and Sollecito were] two kids barely in their 20s, normal, like so many of today's [youth]. Indeed, they were polite, composed, put to the test and matured by this kind of experience. I felt emotion because they are two young people who suffered, justly or unjustly. I repeat, we can never say with certainty. [Kercher's family has] all my human compassion. But we cannot assign responsibility [for a crime] with such a high penalty solely to ease the suffering of these parents.

but then this?

Just spotted this - some odd comments from Judge Claudio Pratillo Hellmann, one of the jurors in Knox's appeal, who said she and Sollecito might know the "real truth" about who killed her British roommate.
In an Italian state TV interview, he said "maybe" the two defendants know the "real truth" about the 2007 murder of Meredith Kercher. Hellmann, who was also one of eight jurors, said "the real truth could be different" and the pair "could also be responsible." But, he said, based on trial evidence, the jury acquitted them.

From link above. Odd, certainly.

"But the real truth could be different," Pratillo Hellmann added. "They could also be responsible, but the proof isn't there."

"So maybe they know, too, but as far as we (the jury) go, they didn't," he added

If you read the whole quote, it sounds different, imo.
Gotta read the whole thing. imo

forgive me if this has already been posted but i just stumbled onto this article today in the Economist about research on false confessions. Interesting.
http://www.economist.com/node/21525840

You may be preaching to the choir. Those who don't believe in false confessions are adamant that they would never confess to anything they didnt' do, no matter what.
I just hope they are never in the position that some find themselves in.

Another tragedy to this case is Rudy's reduced sentence to half of what it was for providing the b.s. about Knox and her boyfriend. I believe he gets out in 16 years, and he will be hardened, fantasies still in tact, educated on how to get away with it next time, and a risk for Italy or wherever he goes to.

Re the debate as to whether Mignini made accusations of a Satanic sex orgy:

What has that to do with this case? I was referring to the 'occult' and 'sex orgy' scenarios that were claimed to have come from him. He never said those things.

1. From an article written by John Follain:

Italian prosecutors yesterday accused Amanda Knox of stabbing to death the Leeds Univeristy exchange student Meredith Kercher in a satanic ritual with the complicity of her former boyfriend and an Ivory Coast drifter...

The prosecutors “laid out a scenario like from some crime novel”, Sollecito’s lawyer Luca Maori said. He added that they “alleged it was some kind of satanic rite, with Amanda allegedly first touching Meredith with the point of a knife, then slitting her throat, while Sollecito held her by the shoulders, from behind, Guede held her by an arm” and tried to sexually assault her.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4968044.ece

2. From an article written by Peter Popham:

Mr Mignini decided only a few days after Meredith died that the murder was the culmination of an orgy in which Amanda, Raffaele and one other person were involved. And in court on 19 October he explained in more detail what he meant.
The murder, Il Tempo newspaper reported him telling the court, “was premeditated and was in addition a ‘rite’ celebrated on the occasion of the night of Hallowe’en. A sexual and sacrificial rite ... In the intention of the organisers, the rite should have occurred 24 hours earlier” – on Hallowe’en itself – “but on account of a dinner at the house of horrors, organised by Meredith and Amanda’s Italian flatmates, it was postponed for one day. The presumed assassins contented themselves with the evening of 1 November to perform their do-it-yourself rite, when for some hours it would again be the night of All Saints.” http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/masonic-theory-that-put-knox-in-the-dock-981759.html

3. From an article written by Nick Squires and which refers to a written report in which the judge at the committal hearing mentions Mignini's satanic ritual theory:

In a 17-page summing up of the evidence, the judge set out the evidence on which he decided to send Miss Knox and Mr Sollecito to trial.
He dismissed as “fantasy” prosecutors’ claims that the sex game in which Miss Kercher is alleged to have died was inspired by Satanic rites, Halloween rituals or violent Japanese ‘manga’ comics about dead vampires. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...f-disappointment-at-being-sent-for-trial.html

4. From Wikipedia, with various references cited, including an article by Nathanial Rich:

The theory prosecutors Giuliano Mignini and Manuela Comodi first put forward for the motive in the murder involved a Satanism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaOrgy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia,[83][84] similar to the charges of belonging to a Satanic sect that Mignini had unsuccessfully leveled at 20 others in the Monster of Florence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediacase.[85][86] The prosecution also posited it may have been a "cult sacrifice".[87] Mignini denied ever saying that Kercher was the victim of a "sacrificial rite".[88] Later, the prosecution hypothesised that Kercher's murder involved a sex game gone wrong,[89] or that the victim had refused to participate in an orgy,[90] or that Knox was motivated by "jealousy".[87] The prosecution also suggested that Guede went to the cottage to meet Knox, that Knox stole money from Kercher to pay Guede for drugs, and that Kercher walked in at the wrong time and was sexually assaulted and murdered.[91] At trial, the prosecution stated that Knox was easily given to disliking people with whom she disagreed and the time had come to take revenge on Kercher.[92] On another occasion the prosecution theorised that she fell victim to "a rage caused by smoking Cannabis (drug) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia".[87] The defence stated that the prosecution had further changed their theory of motive to an economic one.[93] Rolling Stone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, quoting a prosecutor as stating "[w]e live in an age of violence with no motive," reported that the prosecutors could not prove either motive or intent.[94] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Meredith_Kercher#cite_note-83

So clearly, Mignini, despite his protestations that one crazy journalist made this up, that he never actually accused the three of a Satanic sex orgy, lied. He DID make those accusations. It has been numerous reporters, including Italian ones, Sollecito's attorney and by the judge who conducted the committal hearing, in a 17 page written report.

Then why didn't Mignini want to admit to such an outlandish theory? Because it was just that - outlandish. And he began to realize people were starting to notice he had an obsession with accusing people of Satanic ritual involvement in murder cases:

Giuliano Mignini is also no stranger to setbacks and embarrassment. In the infamous Florence case, when Mario Spezi, a crime journalist, and Douglas Preston, a crime novelist, conducted their own investigation of the serial murders, Mignini had Spezi arrested on false charges and even refused Spezi his right to immediately see a lawyer. Mignini suffered the first of several humiliating defeats when a judge ordered Spezi released and the charges dropped.

At one point, Mignini had 20 people indicted on charges related to the Monster case, with references to satanic cult behavior related to each of them. A judge found those charges baseless and freed all 20 of them.
Mignini suffered a third defeat when he was indicted – and later convicted – of prosecutorial misconduct during his Monster investigation. He was convicted of illegally investigating journalists who had criticized him with the "intent to harass or deter them from pursuing their legitimate profession” and ordering an illegal investigation of the former Florentine police chief Giuseppe De Donno. He also ordered illegal investigations of two officials of the Viminale (the Ministry of the Interior in Rome).

The common thread here is that Mignini – himself a convict – has a history of harassing and intimidating anyone who opposes him and his strange ideas. He has demonstrated a willingness to stop at nothing – even crossing the boundaries of legality – to “win” while completely disregarding truth, justice, law, and the innocence of the people around him. http://www.groundreport.com/Opinion/Seeking-True-Justice-for-Amanda-Knox-and-Raffaele-/2941305

Thanks, Gitana, for all the links. He can deny all he wants, but it is there, and he only seems more foolish for trying to deny it. jmo

Oh darn those facts messing up a perfectly good scenario in which Mignini is the high priest of truth and justice, slaying evil murdering dragons...errr....20 yr old college students and fighting satanic corruption wherever he goes.

Darn that scientific evidence impeachment that doesn't support the magical Mignini theories.

Don't confuse and ruin a perfectly salacious story with pesky facts. Shooo! Shoooo you unwelcome facts. No time for you today...or tomorrow.

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/...top_this_from_happening_again_.html?gt1=38001

First of all, I would like to thank Judge Hellman for having the strength to take a fresh look at the case and rule on the facts and not feelings.

I would like to congratulate AK and RS on their hard earned freedom. I am so happy for their families and friends after the ordeal they have all had to go through.

My continued condolences to the Kercher family. The have been ill-served by the Perugian LE and Maresca. If they are getting new representation, I hope they will have an advocate for their needs and not serve his or her own financial desires. Nothing can ever restore the life they had before with Meredith in it, but the truth can give them the solace they need on their path to at least a semblance of serenity.

Thanks, to all the posters on this forum those I have agreed and even those I have disagreed. For the most part, I have enjoyed my time on these threads.

I would like to apologize to anyone, if they feel like I attacked them especially in the past few days. I tried to attack their statements or ideas, but I if I went over the line, then my fault.

I started posting on this website on the day of RG taking the stand, which was a low point in this appeal in terms of AK and RS chances of getting an acquital. I was so despondant at the time finally feeling the "complete lack of generosity for the human spirit" that enveloped this story, that I broke down and posted for the first time after lurking for months. Now, that both RS and AK are safely at home and there have been no last minute reversals, it is a good time to return to my natural state. I am going to take a break from posting, because I don't feel like I can add anything constructive at this time. However, I will still be lurking, so if you write good posts, I will give thanks.

Ciao, mates...or see you later.:seeya:

Thanks for this link. Makes me feel like there were some out there listening.
The only reason this may have seemed like a party was because there was so much sensationalism pursued by the prosecution. Leaking sorded stories to the press early on only made this a media spectacle, imo. Mignini got what he wanted, and it backfired on him.
jmo

Oh darn those facts messing up a perfectly good scenario in which Mignini is the high priest of truth and justice, slaying evil murdering dragons...errr....20 yr old college students and fighting satanic corruption wherever he goes.

Darn that scientific evidence impeachment that doesn't support the magical Mignini theories.

Don't confuse and ruin a perfectly salacious story with pesky facts. Shooo! Shoooo you unwelcome facts. No time for you today...or tomorrow.

Ha, ha!:crazy:

Re the debate as to whether Mignini made accusations of a Satanic sex orgy:

The prosecutors “laid out a scenario like from some crime novel”, Sollecito’s lawyer Luca Maori said. He added that they “alleged it was some kind of satanic rite, with Amanda allegedly first touching Meredith with the point of a knife, then slitting her throat, while Sollecito held her by the shoulders, from behind, Guede held her by an arm” and tried to sexually assault her.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article4968044.ece

The common thread here is that Mignini – himself a convict – has a history of harassing and intimidating anyone who opposes him and his strange ideas. He has demonstrated a willingness to stop at nothing – even crossing the boundaries of legality – to “win” while completely disregarding truth, justice, law, and the innocence of the people around him. http://www.groundreport.com/Opinion/...faele-/2941305
*Snipped*. Your 'facts' claim exactly the same as was just discussed a few pages back. The words come from Luca Maori, a defense lawyer. All the other articles are based on what the defense lawyer said. They were putting words in the mouths of the prosecutors. You are quoting the defense lawyer.

To refer to a 'commom thread' here is laughable. This is a very unfriendly thread towards anyone with a different opinion other than 'sweet innocent Amanda'. Most people with a different opinion simply couldn't be bothered to participate here (anymore). This thread stand outs (negatively) from all other threads here on websleuths. Very strange. JMO.

*Snipped*. Your 'facts' claim exactly the same as was just discussed a few pages back. The words come from Luca Maori, a defense lawyer. All the other articles are based on what the defense lawyer said. They were putting words in the mouths of the prosecutors. You are quoting the defense lawyer.

To refer to a 'commom thread' here is laughable. This is a very unfriendly thread towards anyone with a different opinion other than 'sweet innocent Amanda'. Most people with a different opinion simply couldn't be bothered to participate here (anymore). This thread stand outs (negatively) from all other threads here on websleuths. Very strange. JMO.

Yes, it can be an unfriendly thread to those with a non-supporter stand point but disagreement is not the same as snark and I have seen the snark go both ways. BTW, I have defended non-supporters against rudeness and their right to state an opinion without being belittled, numerous times on this thread.

As to the accusation of Mignini proposing a satanic cult theory coming from only one defense attorney, that's simply not true, as my links provide. The 17 page report of the judge after the committal hearing, during which Mignini is reported to have made the accusation, repeats and refutes the accusation. So it didn't come from just one old defense attorney. It came from the judge himself.

And this is not an unlikely accusation for Mignini to make as he accused doctors, financiers, even law enforcement (IIRC) of being part of a satanic cult, murdering young people.

I can truly understand why some are steadfast in their belief that Knox is guilty. But not when that belief is based in whole or part on the veracity or authority of the prosecutor in the case who has proved to be an obsessed, bizarre man who fabricated evidence, violated people's rights, and via corruption, has already tried to ruin the lives of many innocent people. It's not one person who makes this accusation against Mignini. It's dozens. And it is why he was convicted of corruption and sentenced to prison.
images

That he was the prosecutor in the case against Knox and Sollecito should be enough to cause anyone pause, whether or not they believe there may be something to the accusations against the pair.

Yes, it can be an unfriendly thread to those with a non-supporter stand point but disagreement is not the same as snark and I have seen the snark go both ways. BTW, I have defended non-supporters against rudeness and their right to state an opinion without being belittled, numerous times on this thread.

As to the accusation of Mignini proposing a satanic cult theory coming from only one defense attorney, that's simply not true, as my links provide. The 17 page report of the judge after the committal hearing, during which Mignini is reported to have made the accusation, repeats and refutes the accusation. So it didn't come from just one old defense attorney. It came from the judge himself.

And this is not an unlikely accusation for Mignini to make as he accused doctors, financiers, even law enforcement (IIRC) of being part of a satanic cult, murdering young people.

I can truly understand why some are steadfast in their belief that Knox is guilty. But not when that belief is based in whole or part on the veracity or authority of the prosecutor in the case who has proved to be an obsessed, bizarre man who fabricated evidence, violated people's rights, and via corruption, has already tried to ruin the lives of many innocent people. It's not one person who makes this accusation against Mignini. It's dozens. And it is why he was convicted of corruption and sentenced to prison.
images

That he was the prosecutor in the case against Knox and Sollecito should be enough to cause anyone pause, whether or not they believe there may be something to the accusations against the pair.
Then why don't you provide a quote from that 17 page document, or a link? The satanic cult theory in another case was not his idea. This was a case he took over from other prosecutors. If you don't know the details of other cases then I don't see how you can draw a parallel with this case. There is no point in that anyway. It never had any affect on this case. Any other prosecutor would have done the same as he. There even were other prosecutors in this case. Now even the judge himself has stated he would have done the same had he been a prosecutor. What more needs to be said?

Below is a post from Tiziano at PMF website (that is often mentioned here), as I understand that is permitted to copy comments. This is an translation of the statement from the Judge to media. For all the criticism I've seen of PMF in the last months, I think this is a rather informed and accurate comment.

"
Tiziano said:
Although Quotidiano.net suggested that *they* had an interview with Hellmann, it is obvious from other press reports that he spoke to a group of journalists.
Here are Quotidiano and Umbria24 reporting on Hellmann's chat with ther press:

VideoLink
HellmannQn

It will remain unresolved mystery, only Guede knows."
"The president of the Appeal Court: "I would have acted the same as the Prosecutors."

Claudio Pratillo Hellmann had a long chat with journalists two days after the sentence and stressed: "Even a small doubt is enough, as long as it is reasonable, not to condemn. And [a person] not condemned is innocent."

Perugia, October 5th, 2011
"This will remain an unresolved event. Nobody will be able to say how things went." That is what the president of the Court of the Assizes of Perugia, Claudio Pratillo Hellmann, said two days after the sentence of acquittal of Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito.

“The dynamics are difficult to reconstruct. The only person who could say it - he added - is Guede. But he has only said that he has always thought that Amanda and Raffaele were there (at the crime scene - ed). However this does not mean that they were there. We will never know whether Amanda and Raffaele were there or not."

THE STRENGTH OF THE MEDIA
"There was absolutely no influence of the media on the court," Pratillo Hellmann said. Commenting on the journalists, the choruses and the behaviour almost of barracking outside the Palazzo di Giustizia, the president of the court spoke of the "excessive and disreputable interference of the media which influenced public opinion." "We pronounce in the name of the Italian people - he added - in the name of those who were yelling out shame, without having the minimum knowledge of the documentation. If you are not familiar in detail with all the files, and in this case there was great amount, you cannot express an opinion."

I WOULD HAVE DONE AS DID THE PMs
"If i had been in the place of the prosecutors, I would have done exactly the same thing: they had more than enough elements to investigate these to young people", Claudio Pratillo Hellmann continues. “There is however a difference in the roles - he added the prosecutor doesn't himself have the responsibility of the guilty finding and the responsibility of sending people to prison. You cannot speak of the responsibility of the prosecutors, since there is a complete difference in their roles and the roles of the judges."

"The judge's is not an elected position - he concluded - we do not have to answer to public opinion but to our conscience."

AMANDA IS INNOCENT
"For the moment, Amanda Knox is completely innocent. We cannot keep her pre-emptively in Italy waiting for a hypothetical Cassazione [hearing]," says the president of the Appeal Court of the Assizes of Perugia. “For how many years would we have had to hold this girl here?” you wonder.

"The code demands that we go beyond any reasonable doubt whatsoever. A small doubt, as long as it is reasonable not to condemn. Someone not condemned is innocent."

Presidente Hellmann during the reading of the sentence. (photo F.Troccoli)
sentenza-appello-meredith20101003_4.jpg

HellmannUmbria24

The Judge: "Amanda Knox is innocent for now, but the murder will remain an unsolved event."
Rudy should talk, he is the only one who knows the facts. No influence from the media."

05/10/11

"For the moment Amanda Knox is completely innocent." Thus said the president of the Appeal Court of the Assizes of Perugia, Claudio Pratillo Hellmann, who on Wednesday morning met journalists in Perugia. For Hellmann. therefore, the murder of Meredith Kercher "will remain an unresolved event. Nobody - he said - can say how things went. The only one is Rudy Guede." As far as the return of Amanda to Seattle, the president explained " we could not have kept her here pre-emptively, waiting for Cassazione."

A small doubt is enough.
Hellmann obviously did not describe the motives of the sentence (the Court has 90 days' time), but he said to the reporters that "a small doubt is enough, as long as it is reasonable, to acquit." Asked whether the acquittal of RS and AK was based on the complete formula or the doubtful formula, Pratillo said that "it will be explained in the sentence. That is a specious question - he added - because the code demands a guilty verdict only if you are convinced beyond all reasonable doubt. And if someone is not guilty he is innocent."

No pressure.
According to the president then, the pressure of the media did not play any role in forming the decision of the Court: "[There was] no influence on the court," Hellmann spelt out. He continued, "We pronounced the sentence in the name of the Italian people, also of those who were yelling 'shame'." Shouts which very evidently did not please Hellmann: "This emotive opinion of people," he then added, "is generally morally wrong, because it carries with it an invasion of roles which in a society like ours should not be in the least possible." Finally Hellmann dedicated a thought to the Kercher family: "I think of the suffering of the parents, but also of the life of the two young people," he said. I also think," he said, referring to the parents of Amanda and Raffaele, "of their lives. During the trial I watched them and I became aware of their suffering." Pratillo Hellmann then said that he had been "humanly enriched" by the trial.

I would have done as did the PMs.
Speaking about the magistrates who carried out the investigation, the president revealed, on the other hand that "with the elements which they had, I would have done the same thing. The magistrates had more than enough elements to start off the investigation." He added, "The prosecutor does not carry the responsibility to convict. If he has the elements he takes the them to the preliminary hearings judge for evaluation, and he must check whether they are sufficient to carry out a trial."

The Prosecution.
The Chief Prosecutor, Giovanni Galati, and the Prosecutor of the Republic of Perugia, Giacomo Fumu, expressed themselves in a brief note on Wednesday morning, with respect to the sentence. Galati and Fumu said the evaluation of the heads of their offices "are deferred until the publication of the sentence."

As can be seen from the paragraph in bold, Hellmann is refusing to state under which section of the code the sentence was made.

You may be preaching to the choir. Those who don't believe in false confessions are adamant that they would never confess to anything they didnt' do, no matter what.
I just hope they are never in the position that some find themselves in.

If pressed hard enough, everyone will break eventually. The people who say they won't simply haven't been pressed. It is easy for people who have never been in that situation to say they wouldn't do it, but not having had that experience they simply don't know.

If pressed hard enough, everyone will break eventually. The people who say they won't simply haven't been pressed. It is easy for people who have never been in that situation to say they wouldn't do it, but not having had that experience they simply don't know.

Hard pressed after two hours of questioning as a witness shortly after dinner and with a year of work and a year of university under her belt?

Amanda was no naive child. She finished high school, took a year off, then completed a year of general studies at the University in Washington and then found herself in Germany. She blew off a gov't job that her uncle arranged for her because it was boring. She pretended to be sick for the next two weeks, living in the apartment that was attached to the job, getting stoned in the park and doing who knows what on the train to Perugia ... ciao sucker to her uncle. That's Knox before the murder. She was all grown up.

Fast forward a month, she's hooked up with just the right guy, it's the Day of the Dead, her roommate is murdered, and she's suffering lapses of confused imaginings or dreamed realities, telling whopper lies and has no alibi.

It didn't seem real that she was landing in Seattle. The scream and murder were described in her statement, but when she had to explain herself in court she claimed that the scream and murder didn't seem real. Whata a gal! At least we know that when she says that things don't seem real, they are real. She did land in Seattle, even though it was no more real than the scream and the murder ... for Knox and her confused imaginings and dreamed realities.

Then why don't you provide a quote from that 17 page document, or a link? The satanic cult theory in another case was not his idea. This was a case he took over from other prosecutors. If you don't know the details of other cases then I don't see how you can draw a parallel with this case. There is no point in that anyway. It never had any affect on this case. Any other prosecutor would have done the same as he. There even were other prosecutors in this case. Now even the judge himself has stated he would have done the same had he been a prosecutor. What more needs to be said?

That is not what the judge was saying. He said that he would have pursued the case if the evidence was there because that is what a prosecutor is supposed to do. He didn't say he would have pursued it like this prosecutor. Clearly he didn't find the evidence compelling (or he wouldn't have reversed he conviction), so, if he had been the prosecutor, the case would likely not have gone to trial.

That is not what the judge was saying. He said that he would have pursued the case if the evidence was there because that is what a prosecutor is supposed to do. He didn't say he would have pursued it like this prosecutor. Clearly he didn't find the evidence compelling (or he wouldn't have reversed he conviction), so, if he had been the prosecutor, the case would likely not have gone to trial.
That is not what I am reading. Otto just copied the whole thing.
I WOULD HAVE DONE AS DID THE PMs
"If i had been in the place of the prosecutors, I would have done exactly the same thing: they had more than enough elements to investigate these to young people", Claudio Pratillo Hellmann continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966