Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox Conviction Overturned #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<yoga clip>
You learn something new on here everyday it seems :)

I was thinking of yoga in the traditional sense as a spiritual experience with a meditative physical component. I don't think that Knox was having any sort of spiritual experience before, during, or after her cartwheels. What she was doing was physical exercise.

Lest we forget: what happens to steve moore and to pepperdine now that amanda knox has been acquitted?

Steve Moore was fired from his job as Deputy Director of Public Safety at Pepperdine University shortly after publicly suggesting that Amanda Knox might not be guilty of murder. Knox's conviction was overturned on appeal. Pepperdine owns property and has an overseas study-abroad program in Florence, Italy. Moore sued Pepperdine for wrongful termination. Pepperdine settled the case out of court.

Now that Amanda Knox&#8217;s murder conviction in Italy has been overturned, the fallout from Amanda Knox&#8217;s acquittal has begun. And because of the peculiar actions of Pepperdine University in 2010, the case affects some of us here at home, specifically with regard to issues of free speech, intellectual freedom, and social justice.

Let us ask the question: what happens to Pepperdine now that Amanda Knox has been acquitted?
http://robertcargill.com/2011/10/03...dine-now-that-amanda-knox-has-been-acquitted/

Exactly. The first two statements, given at 1:45 AM and 5:30 AM could not be used against her, but the statements she made after that, especially her "gift" note, could be used against her and were.

But her handwritten note never says anything about meeting Patrick or him murdering Meredith.

I think the same about the police station. Which is why I think the cartwheel thing is an exaggeration of what really happened.

The police station is a large building with large corridors. There was plenty of room to flip cartwheels and do the splits.

Those that believe everyone related to the murder investigation is a liar and Knox is telling the truth will always find a way to justify every abnormal thing Knox said and did.

I was thinking of yoga in the traditional sense as a spiritual experience with a meditative physical component. I don't think that Knox was having any sort of spiritual experience before, during, or after her cartwheels. What she was doing was physical exercise.

That wasn't physical what I posted? Is it hard to believe that what she was doing in the police station was as much mental and physical relaxation after days of interrogation and her roommate being murdered, than just wanting to exercise? Anyway, clearly splits are a part of yoga, and even, sometimes, cartwheels...

The police station is a large building with large corridors. There was plenty of room to flip cartwheels and do the splits.

Those that believe everyone related to the murder investigation is a liar and Knox is telling the truth will always find a way to justify every abnormal thing Knox said and did.

Do you have a photo of the corridor she did the cartwheels in? And what do you think the cartwheels mean - was she pantomiming "I murdered my roommate"?

That wasn't physical what I posted? Is it hard to believe that what she was doing in the police station was as much mental and physical relaxation after days of interrogation and her roommate being murdered, than just wanting to exercise? Anyway, clearly splits are a part of yoga, and even, sometimes, cartwheels...

Like I said, yoga is traditionally a spiritual practice with a physical component. Knox was doing exercise, not having a spiritual experience at the police station during a murder investigation.

That may be true, but there is no requirement to record witness statements. Furthermore, after Sollecito admitted that he had told police a "load of rubbish", Knox was taken into a nearby room to answer questions and that room was not equipped with recording equipment.

And Sollecito's room just happened to not be equipped for recording either? You know I could make a blanket statement about you as you just did about me, that "excuses" are made for everything, but I won't. I suggest you look at your own remarks such as this about the interrogation not being recorded before making such remarks about posters' intentions.

Yes, it is, because in any case, whether it was just Yoga stretches, the splits, or cartwheels- NONE of which are appropriate in the environment of a police station, especially when you are in such a grave situation as to be a main suspect in a murder investigation. It's as bizarre and self-centered behavior as Casey Anthony renting videos with her boyfriend hours after her daughter "disappeared", but in reality was already dead! Or Scott Peterson having drinks while his wife was also "missing", but really also already dead!!!

Do you have a photo of the corridor she did the cartwheels in? And what do you think the cartwheels mean - was she pantomiming "I murdered my roommate"?

No, but I have seen video footage during the last four years. No one disputes that Knox was flipping cartwheels - not even Bremner - so I'm not sure why some people are trying to make it disappear.

The cartwheels were probably an attempt to get the wrong type of attention from the male officer that told her to "cut it out". I think she expected a different kind of reaction from him.

Like I said, yoga is traditionally a spiritual practice with a physical component. Knox was doing exercise, not having a spiritual experience at the police station during a murder investigation.

LG: To the Questura. After the Questura...there followed all these phases,
you were heard, then they took photographs, and you did cartwheels and splits?
Are those things true? How did they happen? And where did they happen?

AK: So, on that first day, I didn't do those things, I was always talking with
the police, but...uh...in the following days, but also...in general, I'm
a person who kind of, when I feel in difficulty, I kind of try to "lighten
up"
[in English, asks interpreter; silence, lawyer says "non lo so", "I don't
know", the interpreter then suggests "to relax"], to relax the situation,
it was too heavy,
really everything was really, really heavy, so somehow I
had to...uh [sigh] I don't know, it's an outlet, it's a way of, for me it
was a way of...

Not sure where you got this notion of what yoga is:

Yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual discipline, originating in ancient India. [1][2] The goal of yoga, or of the person practicing yoga, is the attainment of a state of perfect spiritual insight and tranquility.

Yoga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And Sollecito's room just happened to not be equipped for recording either? You know I could make a blanket statement about you as you just did about me, that "excuses" are made for everything, but I won't. I suggest you look at your own remarks such as this about the interrogation not being recorded before making such remarks about posters' intentions.

There has never been a request, that I'm aware of, regarding recordings of either Knox or Sollecito.

No, but I have seen video footage during the last four years. No one disputes that Knox was flipping cartwheels - not even Bremner - so I'm not sure why some people are trying to make it disappear.

The cartwheels were probably an attempt to get the wrong type of attention from the male officer that told her to "cut it out". I think she expected a different kind of reaction from him.

Oh my. Well that's new.
I think this is where I'll let the cartwheel debate stop.

Are you suggesting records do exist?

I said that there has never been an official request by either party regarding recordings of their statements. If all the other witnesses were recorded, then most certainly some of the statements given by Sollecito and Knox were recorded.

Yes, it is, because in any case, whether it was just Yoga stretches, the splits, or cartwheels- NONE of which are appropriate in the environment of a police station, especially when you are in such a grave situation as to be a main suspect in a murder investigation. It's as bizarre and self-centered behavior as Casey Anthony renting videos with her boyfriend hours after her daughter "disappeared", but in reality was already dead! Or Scott Peterson having drinks while his wife was also "missing", but really also already dead!!!

You're entitled to your opinion certainly. But mine, as well as others, is that celebrating in the wake of a loved one's disappearance does not compare at all to someone doing yoga five days after their roommate has been killed.

According to Knox, Patrick is a rapist and murderer, police beat her during 2 hours of questioning as a witness, she was traumatized because she was deprived of food and water during two hours of questioning, a prison official sexually harassed her, other prison inmates are lesbians and came on to her.

She is convicted of telling a whopper lie regarding Patrick, sentenced to three years in prison and ordered to pay Patrick thousands of euros in compensation. Apparently this was not enough to stop her from telling more whopper lies. She is facing trial regarding allegations against the police during her two hours of questioning. She was imprisoned for sexually violent murder so it's not surprising that part of her rehabilitation included discussion about sexual values, and I suspect the other prisoners will not be happy to hear that Knox is calling them lesbians.Knox is a liar. This we know. We know that when she lies, resulting in other people suffering severe consequences, she will do nothing to bring forth the truth. She admittedly cannot distinguish between reality and fantasy. I see no reason to believe anything Knox says about others. All her stories seem to focus on sex and violence, so it's no surprise that she is still spinning the same stories.

Where in the world are you getting anything about rehabilitation from this article?
Do you really believe that the sexual harrassment was rehabilitation?
Ridiculous.

I said that there has never been an official request by either party regarding recordings of their statements. If all the other witnesses were recorded, then most certainly some of the statements given by Sollecito and Knox were recorded.

I find this rather astounding, that you believe recordings possibly exist of these interrogations but that they were never presented in court. Personally, Otto, I happen to share the same belief, but for entirely different reasons. What good reason would the police have to never let these recordings surface?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterykitty