Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted on JREF, it speaks loudly of Mignini's overreactions:

Sunday, October 09, 2011
Mignini's "Keystone Kops" Arrest British Doctor and Wife for Wild Poppies on Property

Another tale of the Italian troll posing as a prosecutor, Giuliano Mignini. This time he arrested a British doctor and his wife for wild poppies growing on their farm near Perugia, Italy. Apparently, the poppies grew wild and on their own after the doctor had cleared the land during a restoration of the property.

Perugia's "Keystone Kops" arrested the doctor and his wife, both 58, in a dawn raid last Tuesday, sending an overwhelming force of patrol cars to apprehend the two, who spent the next three days in prison. Apparently, the police believed the doctor to be growing illegal poppies for heroin production.
http://saberpoint.blogspot.com/2011/10/migninis-keystone-kops-arrest-british.html

Amanda Knox Slips Out of Seclusion for Brief Shopping Trip

Amanda Knox, who has been in seclusion since her release from an Italian prison, is finally venturing out.
Her return to the public was no more than a trip to a store for toothpaste and a chocolate bar, but it was a deliciously simple act that had been denied her during her four years in an Italian prison.

Ironically, one of her last acts in prison was the inmate ritual of snapping her toothbrush and carrying it outside the walls of Capanne prison before throwing it away.

Knox's foray into the public comes as more details of her prison ordeal emerge, specifically how she was sexually harassed.
Knox's younger sister Deanna told ABC News that she saw the remnants of the harassment firsthand while visiting her sister in prison.
"There was something right in front of me and so I put my arm over it," Deanna Knox said.
Deanna Knox said she covered up scribbled words that read "Amanda is a *advertiser censored*."
On one occasion, a male guard reportedly entered Knox's cell alone, despite a policy against it, and made sexual remarks, ABC News has confirmed. On another occasion, a high ranking prison official allegedly ordered Knox into his office at night and wanted to talk about sex.
Amanda Knox Was Sexually Harassed in Prison

"I think the Italian courts...the first time around practically made sure that Amanda was going to be harassed in prison since they made her sex life so much of a focus of the first trial, " said Vanity Fair's Judy Bachrach who has covered the case extensively.
http://gma.yahoo.com/amanda-knox-slips-seclusion-brief-shopping-trip-120104427.html

Breaking news: Mignini, Comodi and Maresca Lose the Venue for the Trial to Sollecitos

Today the trio Mignini-Comodi-Maresca, who had brought to court the whole Raffaele’s family and the Puglia network Telenorba because the latter had shown pictures of Meredith’s body, were beaten on the venue, too.

(Yes, the one who showed pictures of slaughtered Meredith is suing others for having showed pictures of slaughtered Meredith).

Mignini and Comodi argued that Francesco, Vanessa and other relatives had given to Telenorba the crime scene video to show, so “to allow impunity for Raffaele Sollecito for the crime of homicide” and “to cause the spread of crimes”.

Mignini and Comodi accused them of abetting to a murderer!

Even if the broadcast occurred in Bari, the prosecution was trying to have the trial to take place in Perugia.

Perugia, you know? The town where you can make up any sort of accusation against people. The town in which the prosecution always wins (until they meet a judge who follows the law)…

But the trial was today moved to Bari. Francesco and Vanessa, one day, will of course be acquitted.

What’s going on? The superpower doesn’t work anymore?
http://perugiashock.com/2011/10/08/...re-was-nothing-for-a-motive-that-was-nothing/

Yeah, not familiar with trivial details such as the fact that PLE had more than a dozen detectives plus the prosecutor at the station that night for the "casual" interview of one kid who was "not a suspect."
Nova,

In addition Dr. Giobbi testified that he was mathematically sure that he had ordered both of them to be brought in. It is possible that PLE deliberately or accidently failed to inform Ms. Knox that she was also being asked to come in.

The "cartwheels" are an English translation of a report by an Italian cop. Nobody really knows what AK was doing exactly. Her mother has said she was doing yoga stretches to deal with the stress of prolonged interrogation.

And since one of the roommates testified that she was always doing yoga at the cottage, this seems very likely, and not just some made-up excuse.

If the entire session hadn't been ruled to have violated her rights and Italian law, then that is entirely likely. In fact, they likely would have added that to the charges if they hadn't screwed up on that, IMO. Of course, had they done things by the book, we'd have access to a recording of the session, and we'd all know for sure how things went down that night.
Of course it didn't violate her rights and Italian law. That is just more spin that was never true to begin with. Court ruled that the 'confessions' couldn't be used against her. Not that any rights were violated. She got convicted on this remember?

But didn't Filomena immediately get a lawyer? She was only ever a witness.

Filomina and Laura worked for lawyers, so it's quite possible that once they informed their employers about the situation, lawyers stepped forward to represent them. I'm not aware of any information other than rumor that they had lawyers.

If the entire session hadn't been ruled to have violated her rights and Italian law, then that is entirely likely. In fact, they likely would have added that to the charges if they hadn't screwed up on that, IMO. Of course, had they done things by the book, we'd have access to a recording of the session, and we'd all know for sure how things went down that night.

"By the book", witness statements are not recorded.

And since one of the roommates testified that she was always doing yoga at the cottage, this seems very likely, and not just some made-up excuse.

The cottage was too small and cluttered for anyone to safely flip a cartwheel. Furthermore, cartwheels are not yoga.

Nova,

In addition Dr. Giobbi testified that he was mathematically sure that he had ordered both of them to be brought in. It is possible that PLE deliberately or accidently failed to inform Ms. Knox that she was also being asked to come in.

Knox was not asked to go to the police station on the night that she accused Patrick. There is no way around that. She went there because she was tagging along with Sollecito and for no other reason. Police had no reason to expect her.

Yoga has never included cartwheels or the splits.

Of course it didn't violate her rights and Italian law. That is just more spin that was never true to begin with. Court ruled that the 'confessions' couldn't be used against her. Not that any rights were violated. She got convicted on this remember?

Exactly. The first two statements, given at 1:45 AM and 5:30 AM could not be used against her, but the statements she made after that, especially her "gift" note, could be used against her and were.

I agree that Knox, Sollecito, the roommates and even the British friends were questioned several times during the days following the murder. Knox's experience was not unique. The problem with Knox and Sollecito is that their statements were proven false and so police had no choice but to ask them to return to clarify their statements. Had there been one truth from the beginning, perhaps their questioning periods would have been shorter.

On the night that Knox accused Patrick, she had only been at the station for 2 hours and she had eaten dinner shortly before arriving. Therefore, claims that she was deprived of anything and thus accused Patrick don't add up.

I think Nova has answered most of this, but I'll add that Knox's experience was also unique in that she had no lawyer present, whereas the roommates did. If Knox had a lwyer present, do you think she ever would have signed those statements? Food, probably no big deal. But I think water and no bathroom breaks would be problematic. I also posted elsewhere that I don't think it's possible to determine for fact that the first interrogation was halted exactly at 1:45. I think it's entirely possible that from 11:30pm to 1:45am she spent that time arguing that she was never at the cottage, and that at 1:45 the police started to type up a statement as she finally acquiesced. This would explain why Mignini didn't come in until 3:30am, which is when I believe the statement was finally concluded. This is JMO, but I believe there is strong evidence for it.

I have heard rumors that the interpreter worked for the police, but to suggest that the interpreter came up with questions not provided by those questioning Knox is farfetched. Knox didn't speak Italian, so how would she know whether police had asked a question and the interpreter was repeating it or whether the interpreter came up with the questions independently.

Why is it farfetched that a police officer speaking english would come up with her own questions or was in collusion with her co-workers? If the interpreter was completely independent, and not an officer of the law, then it would seem farfetched to assume that she was coming up with her own questions.

"Amanda Knox Slips Out of Seclusion for Brief Shopping Trip

Amanda Knox, who has been in seclusion since her release from an Italian prison, is finally venturing out.
Her return to the public was no more than a trip to a store for toothpaste and a chocolate bar, but it was a deliciously simple act that had been denied her during her four years in an Italian prison.

Ironically, one of her last acts in prison was the inmate ritual of snapping her toothbrush and carrying it outside the walls of Capanne prison before throwing it away.

Knox's foray into the public comes as more details of her prison ordeal emerge, specifically how she was sexually harassed.
Knox's younger sister Deanna told ABC News that she saw the remnants of the harassment firsthand while visiting her sister in prison.
"There was something right in front of me and so I put my arm over it," Deanna Knox said.
Deanna Knox said she covered up scribbled words that read "Amanda is a *advertiser censored*."
On one occasion, a male guard reportedly entered Knox's cell alone, despite a policy against it, and made sexual remarks, ABC News has confirmed. On another occasion, a high ranking prison official allegedly ordered Knox into his office at night and wanted to talk about sex.
Amanda Knox Was Sexually Harassed in Prison

"I think the Italian courts...the first time around practically made sure that Amanda was going to be harassed in prison since they made her sex life so much of a focus of the first trial, " said Vanity Fair's Judy Bachrach who has covered the case extensively. "

http://gma.yahoo.com/amanda-knox-slips-seclusion-brief-shopping-trip-120104427.html

According to Knox, Patrick is a rapist and murderer, police beat her during 2 hours of questioning as a witness, she was traumatized because she was deprived of food and water during two hours of questioning, a prison official sexually harassed her, other prison inmates are lesbians and came on to her.

She is convicted of telling a whopper lie regarding Patrick, sentenced to three years in prison and ordered to pay Patrick thousands of euros in compensation. Apparently this was not enough to stop her from telling more whopper lies. She is facing trial regarding allegations against the police during her two hours of questioning. She was imprisoned for sexually violent murder so it's not surprising that part of her rehabilitation included discussion about sexual values, and I suspect the other prisoners will not be happy to hear that Knox is calling them lesbians.

Knox is a liar. This we know. We know that when she lies, resulting in other people suffering severe consequences, she will do nothing to bring forth the truth. She admittedly cannot distinguish between reality and fantasy. I see no reason to believe anything Knox says about others. All her stories seem to focus on sex and violence, so it's no surprise that she is still spinning the same stories.

The cottage was too small and cluttered for anyone to safely flip a cartwheel. Furthermore, cartwheels are not yoga.

I think the same about the police station. Which is why I think the cartwheel thing is an exaggeration of what really happened.

Knox was not asked to go to the police station on the night that she accused Patrick. There is no way around that. She went there because she was tagging along with Sollecito and for no other reason. Police had no reason to expect her.

Well, if she had shown up every other time with Sollecito they may very well have expected her to come in without tipping her off. If you recall, the chief of police announced afterwards that Amanda admitted to a sequence of events they already knew to be true. This directly implies that they knew all three were guilty beforehand.

"By the book", witness statements are not recorded.

From the horses mouth:

You didn’t record it?

Mignini: No. I usually do when for example I am in my office. I recorded the declarations of her roommates and of the witnesses. But that night, we were at the police station, there was agitation, and we had to go and arrest Lumumba, who had just been accused by Amanda. Lumumba was later cleared thanks to me
http://truejustice.org/ee/index.php...s_doug_preston_looking_increasingly_incompet/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member