Metro Detroit ME (Dr. Werner Spitz) Will Testify At Casey Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I watched the video interview with him and he comes across far more professional than the woman medical examiner did. I was very turned off by the way she behaved when she left the stand. She really came across as if she was more concerned about congratulating herself than testifying professionally. The man in the video comes across as more knowledgeable and professional...and he doesn't come across as having a strong personal opinion on the case where the woman did.

Dr. G. having a strong personal opinion I believe comes from being a mother herself. Can't fault her for that. I also disagree with your assessment of being more concerned about congratulating herself than testifying professionally. I don't think that's a fair statement at all. If she wasn't professional, she wouldn't be the Chief Medical Examiner of 2 of the most populated counties in the State of Florida.

Dr. G. having a strong personal opinion I believe comes from being a mother herself. Can't fault her for that. I also disagree with your assessment of being more concerned about congratulating herself than testifying professionally. I don't think that's a fair statement at all. If she wasn't professional, she wouldn't be the Chief Medical Examiner of 2 of the most populated counties in the State of Florida.

I kind of agree with chicklet ... if I were a jury member, an expert witness who remains dispassionate seems more credible & professional

credentials don't always necessarily equal professionalism as we've seen repeatedly in this case & others

JMO

For those of you who just watched the taped interview.
Am I missing something or is Dr Spitz? At 9:37 he starts to talk about death by drowning,since they had a pool in the backyard, and checking for the presence of diatomes. But, he says, you take some water,spin it down, in a centrifuge, look to see what has settled at the bottom of the test tube and examine it for diatomes.
What water? Just water, no bone mixed with it?
Things that make you go hmmm.

I hope the State not only asks Dr. Spitz how much he was paid, but if he was paid before or after ICA was declared indigent.

I kind of agree with chicklet ... if I were a jury member, an expert witness who remains dispassionate seems more credible & professional

credentials don't always necessarily equal professionalism as we've seen repeatedly in this case & others

JMO

I can't get there myself. After being in the work force for almost 50 years, I taught a few bosses I had that if you don't have a passion for what you do, the job will never get done to the best of your ability. It took a while for them to "get it", but they ultimately did. Credentials don't mean much if you don't have it. That being said, if I were a jury member, an expert witness who remains passionate IMO makes them the professional they are, therefore the most credible. If you're only doing your job because "it's a job", then you don't really care about what you're doing. It's just your job and in my eyes that is the epitemy of unprofessionalism. Anyone could backfill your shoes, credentials or not.

Dr. G. doe not fall into that category.

If the Dr. Spitz that testified at Spector's first trial shows up.. Jeff Ashton will wipe the floor with him before he knows what happened. I hope Jeff has studied Alan Jackson's brilliant cross. Mr. Ashton has the same amazing grasp of facts in this case as Mr. Jackson did in that one. I'm looking forward to it!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/2007-07-26-2360251218_x.htm

"I came to the conclusion that my opinion as rendered was correct," he said. "... I would not say she committed suicide. I would say she shot herself."

bah metro detroiters, they're all insane :|

disclaimer: I should know since I am one of them natively :D

I've had faith in the SA from the beginning and I'll keep it thru this. I'm actually happy to see this because it means that some defense will be put forth and the state will have the opportunity for rebuttal. This was actually good news to me this morning!

I found her behavior leaving the stand to be extremely unprofessional and immature. I also agree with Spitz (in the video) that IF that duct tape had been covering Caylee's face that some DNA would have stuck to the tape, yet there was no DNA on the tape. I find it much more plausible that the duct tape was used to reinforce the tying of the bag.

Thankyou JoyPath- that had me confused. Would there be any trace of evidence left in the pool water, after that time period, with probable change/addition of water/rain, addition of pool chemicals? Would there be evidence left in Caylee's bones after 6months?

I found her behavior leaving the stand to be extremely unprofessional and immature. I also agree with Spitz (in the video) that IF that duct tape had been covering Caylee's face that some DNA would have stuck to the tape, yet there was no DNA on the tape. I find it much more plausible that the duct tape was used to reinforce the tying of the bag.

Do you find it plausible that all that duct tape migrated/ floated over from the bag and attached itself to her hair and rearranged itself to cover her nose and mouth and hold her mandible in its correct anatomical location ?

Thankyou JoyPath- that had me confused. Would there be any trace of evidence left in the pool water, after that time period, with probable change/addition of water/rain, addition of pool chemicals? Would there be evidence left in Caylee's bones after 6months?

Probably not, since the Ph level would have changed, but that is only a guess.

Do you find it plausible that all that duct tape migrated/ floated over from the bag and attached itself to her hair and rearranged itself to cover her nose and mouth and hold her mandible in its correct anatomical location ?

Where is the evidence that the tape was found secured/attached over her nose and mouth? If that is how it was found there would not have been any supposed need to show that animation. Tape could have gotten stuck to the hair from animal activity.

He said he has been involved in the case for a relatively long time -- before defense attorney Jose Baez started representing Anthony.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28239316/detail.html

So he is trying to say that he (Dr Spitz) was involved in the case within a few hours of Casey's initial arrest?

5 months before a body was found?

While we were being told to look for a live Caylee in Miami, New York, North Carolina... etc.

Is that what I'm getting here?

Jose Baez was hired within 48 hours.

Hours after her first court appearance.

He was on WESH on July 18 telling us where to look for Caylee alive.

He was on Nancy Grace on July 23rd with the airport sighting in Atlanta.

If Dr Spitz was in the picture anytime in that first week... he certainly isn't going to HELP the defense by saying that in court. At least Dr G has her facts straight. :waitasec:

Way back in the beginning, wasn't there talk of someone who was helping financially? A silent donor/partner of sorts?

Or are the spiders in my brain creating cobwebs?

I watched the video interview with him and he comes across far more professional than the woman medical examiner did. I was very turned off by the way she behaved when she left the stand. She really came across as if she was more concerned about congratulating herself than testifying professionally. The man in the video comes across as more knowledgeable and professional...and he doesn't come across as having a strong personal opinion on the case where the woman did.

IIRC back in the beginning, you used to see him all over the news shows spouting off his opinion to anyone who would listen. Never once did I see Dr. G do this. Just sayin.

IIRC back in the beginning, you used to see him all over the news shows spouting off his opinion to anyone who would listen. Never once did I see Dr. G do this. Just sayin.

A witnesses behavior in front of the jury is what counts in a court case, though. Her behavior was really inappropriate.

I hear what you are saying although I disagree. There was nothing on the duct tape because it was in water and exposed to the elements for months. There was nothing on the bags because they were in water and exposed to the elements for months - no fingerprints, no dna - and since Caylee was in the trash bags, there would have been dna etc on the bags originally but nothing because she was in water and exposed to the elements for months.

A witnesses behavior in front of the jury is what counts in a court case, though. Her behavior was really inappropriate.

Respectfully disagree....what counts in a court case to the jury is THE FACTS, IMO......and, how the FACTS hold up to the defense questioning the witness.
Did you hear how many witnesses JB/CM tried to "discredit" by asking about the "publicity" and "monetary gains"??? THAT's not "inappropriate"???
Did you watch/read how the "professional" Dr. Spitz reacted when asked that? "Appropriate"???? Pot meet kettle....

We have yet to see the behavior and mannerisms of any of the defense witnesses....so, moot point at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep
Back