Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been on a jet ski before...

IS It POSSIBLE....that you could drive and kind of drag him along side you?(hanging onto his life jacket)

Just curious because that was my first reaction of what I'd do/try if I couldn't get my hubby on the jet ski.

She would've had to drive very slowly. Which I do not believe was an option for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This story didn't sound right to me when it came out, and my first thoughts on it, and something I'm still leaning heavily towards, is maybe she did see her husband get shot but kept going. Then maybe she felt ashamed and made up the story about going back for him and trying to get him on the jet ski. All MOO.

HLN is reporting now that she is "considering" taking a lie detector...

Maybe, just maybe, her seeming lack of appropriate emotion and words is because she believes she will be reunited with her husband eventually and live happily ever after, AFTER the insurance pays off. It's certainly been done before.

Maybe, just maybe, her seeming lack of appropriate emotion and words is because she believes she will be reunited with her husband eventually and live happily ever after, AFTER the insurance pays off. It's certainly been done before.

Bingo.

I've heard more from her this morning, and she sounds rehearsed.

I also laughed aloud at the Tonya Harding comment, below. They even resemble each other. ;)

I am wondering the same thing. What made me wonder even more was when TH said something to this effect on one of her interviews, "If we could just get the body, this whole thing would be over and done."
????????

Also during the interview with GVS she said she was yelling to him as she was trying to get him on the jet ski, and then she said something like, "He couldn't hear me...well, I mean, it didn't seem like he could."

She comes across to me like someone who is trying to say what she thinks she should be saying, and not what would naturally come out of her mouth.

And this is neither here nor there, but every time I see her on TV I'm reminded of Tonya Harding when she kept insisting that she didn't know anything about getting Nancy Kerrigan's knee bashed.

BBM
Here is her quote from a link:
We do believe if they would just go ahead and give us David's body back, it would be done. It would be concluded. We could go on with our lives," she said.
Wow....she is ready to move on with her life. Really?????

http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/he...she_may_take_lie_detector_test_104576959.html

I've never been on a jet ski before...

IS It POSSIBLE....that you could drive and kind of drag him along side you?(hanging onto his life jacket)

Just curious because that was my first reaction of what I'd do/try if I couldn't get my hubby on the jet ski.

According to "former FBI profiler Cliff Van Zandt", she certainly could have hooked his life jacket onto the jet ski and driven away.

After all, no one really was shooting at her.

A boat "chasing" her in....or just another boat?

BBM
Here is her quote from a link:
We do believe if they would just go ahead and give us David's body back, it would be done. It would be concluded. We could go on with our lives," she said.
Wow....she is ready to move on with her life. Really?????

http://www.wibw.com/nationalnews/he...she_may_take_lie_detector_test_104576959.html

Van Zandt says we're all jaded, after all of the hoaxes. But I think it makes us sharper, intuitively, to listen to what people say -- especially when they talk A LOT about what supposedly happened.

I haven't read every post but was it possible this was a drug deal gone wrong? They could have been out there to pickup/deliver goods. I Really can't see any other reason for them to put themselves in danger, they knew better.

I believe her.

I live in Texas and have friends that travel to Mexico to visit family. It is a different world over there. There are parts of the country where the Mexican nationals won't go because the bandits will attack them.

When a person is wearing a life jacket, they are almost weightless in the water. You can pull, push and flip them over. When you try to lift them out of the water, they are no longer weightless. From my Red Cross Lifesaving Class 101.

I also have an opinion on why she was spared. I believe it is very possible they thought she was a child. She is very small and could easily be mistaken for a young girl, especially with a life jacket on.

My prayers are with her, her family and friends.

They don't care, they would have killed her anyway. These type killers have no concious and clearly do not discriminate, men, women, children, doesn't matter. Gunman like this just shot and killed a six year old girl and wounded her father in the father's Juarez, Mexico home, it was a home invasion type raid. I'd provide a link but this is a little off topic. I just thought of this particular crime because the bolded statement above indicates that these killers would have any scruples, they clearly do not. JMO.

They don't care, they would have killed her anyway. These type killers have no concious and clearly do not discriminate, men, women, children, doesn't matter. Gunman like this just shot and killed a six year old girl and wounded her father in the father's Juarez, Mexico home, it was a home invasion type raid. I'd provide a link but this is a little off topic. I just thought of this particular crime because the bolded statement above indicates that these killers would have any scruples, they clearly do not. JMO.

Thanks. So why do you think they spared her life?

I would like to post a link to the blog of a well known "lie detector" person, but don't know if I am allowed, of if that is a violation of the TOS here. (I emaied a mod, but haven't heard back). Can anyone tell me if it's ok? I always enjoy reading her "take" on people, and she has a "take" on this case.

I have not read all the way through, so I don't know if you have been answered. But I know one "lie detector" person's site is banned here.
For good reason, they were DEAD WRONG regarding DT in Somer Thompson's case. Many took the info from that site and assumed DT was guilty because of her actions. She was 100% innocent.

MOO

I understand everyone having questions, but LE has said they have info that she is innocent.

I have not read all the way through, so I don't know if you have been answered. But I know one "lie detector" person's site is banned here.
For good reason, they were DEAD WRONG regarding DT in Somer Thompson's case. Many took the info from that site and assumed DT was guilty because of her actions. She was 100% innocent.

MOO

I remember that. I know this is off topic- but did they ever catch Somer's killer? It got to be such a sad case for me, so I stopped following.

Texas Sheriff Presents Evidence Backing Up Mexican Lake Pirate Attack

"Blood smeared on Tiffany Hartley's life jacket is nearly invisible to the naked eye but is among the evidence that corroborates her description of an attack by Mexican pirates.."

"'I just believe her' Gonzalez said late in the afternoon."

"Gonzalez also said that Border Patrol officers saw the couple eating lunch at Subway shortly before the incident — information that matches exactly with Tiffany Hartley's description of the couple's day."

"The blood on the life jacket, which has been sent to a crime lab for DNA testing, is faint — consistent with the vest having been wet when it was stained, Gonzalez said."

"In addition, he said, an independent witness with no connection to the Hartleys told investigators that he looked out onto the lake from Zapata to see Tiffany Hartley whipping across the water on her Wave Runner and a boat with several men in it pursuing her."

Snipped from: http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_16283930?source=commented-

So, there's the evidence that leads the Texas sheriff to believe Tiffany. Thoughts, everyone?

"Blood smeared on Tiffany Hartley's life jacket is nearly invisible to the naked eye but is among the evidence that corroborates her description of an attack by Mexican pirates.."

"Gonzalez also said that Border Patrol officers saw the couple eating lunch at Subway shortly before the incident — information that matches exactly with Tiffany Hartley's description of the couple's day."

"The blood on the life jacket, which has been sent to a crime lab for DNA testing, is faint — consistent with the vest having been wet when it was stained, Gonzalez said."

"In addition, he said, an independent witness with no connection to the Hartleys told investigators that he looked out onto the lake from Zapata to see Tiffany Hartley whipping across the water on her Wave Runner and a boat with several men in it pursuing her."

So, there's the evidence that leads the Texas sheriff to believe Tiffany. Thoughts, everyone?

Thanks Kaylynn. My thoughts are the same.

I believe her.

Also from http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_16279531?source=pkg

But Gonzalez said he is not and said there is extensive evidence to corroborate her version of events.

He said an eyewitness - a man working outside that day - witnessed Tiffany Hartley being chased by a small boat with several men in it. He said investigators have concluded that the man was truthful and had no connection to her.

In addition, he said Tiffany Hartley's life jacket was smeared with blood that likely stained it as she tried to pull her husband's body onto her craft.

And he said other witnesses have been interviewed who saw the couple in Zapata before they set out on their, and the information - and, in particular, the times - provided by those people also line up.

He said the type of attack described by Tiffany Hartley is exactly like other incidents in April and May on the Mexican side of Falcon Lake in which Americans were robbed. The only difference, he said, is that no one was injured then.

Finally, he said "other evidence has surfaced" that he would not specify that backs Tiffany Hartley's statements and descriptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind