Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/08/mexico.us.shooting/index.html

"They didn't say anything to me, so I don't know what they were trying to do ... but they left," she said. "They just left me there. Thankfully they didn't shoot at me. They had a gun pointed at me."

Unable to pull her husband's body out of the water, Hartley headed back across the lake to U.S. waters. She said the gunmen fired "a few more" times on her way back.

"Once I started to get going, I just went as fast as I could and didn't look back until I couldn't see them anymore," she said.

This contradicts earlier accounts that I've heard/read. I thought she reported earlier that she was chased by one of the boats (with five men in it) to the U.S side of the lake.

Now she's saying "they just left me there."

:waitasec:

I thought so to.
One week after seeing her husband gunned down. Let's move on.

and is it just me, or does she look EXTREMELY well rested?

No dark circles from sleepless nights....no puffy eyes,

Heck, after I was simply robbed at gun point, I didn't sleep good for weeks and I know I had that "haunted" look people get from exhaustion.

Everyday this chick looks better, and better

and is it just me, or does she look EXTREMELY well rested?

No dark circles from sleepless nights....no puffy eyes,

Heck, after I was simply robbed at gun point, I didn't sleep good for weeks and I know I had that "haunted" look people get from exhaustion.

Everyday this chick looks better, and better

That EXACTLY what I said to my husband when I saw her last night. I really can't figure this one out.

BBM:

Thanks Kaylynn. My thoughts are the same.

I believe her.

I do too.... I know for a fact I could not lift my husband out of the water - unresponsive..... & I am 8" taller than TH. I just don't have the upper body strength. If you want to get technical I couldn't pull him out of the water if he was responsive.... you need that upper body strength! I'd flip right over into the water with him!

Considering previously these pirates, bandits, drug lords, whatever..... attempted to stop US boaters in a boat with "Game Wardin" taped to the side of their boat.... luckily these USA-ers noticed the misspelling & sped off. Just one example.... bass fishermen accosted while fishing a tourney.... etc. etc...

Why do these people go to such a dangerous place????

If you know bass fisherman they are gonna go where the tourneys are!

Why do people still travel to south-east Asia with all the conflicts going on steadily???? There are regular government warnings... recently warnings were announced for Europe. Europe!!!

My husband works in So. America.... it's dangerous, but that's where he works & he goes back & forth every month. Why are people working in Kuwait, Saudi, Afganistan?????

Why do people travel to Iraq, Iran, Israel...etc...... ?????

Is it really such a surprize to imagine that drug lords/bandits/pirates would steal a jet ski??? I'd be more surprized if they did find the jet ski floating there.......

Just my opinion....

They have video of both of them being pulled over on the way to the lake with the jet skis on the trailer. It's on JVM now. Something about the tags on the trailer. I don't think she has done anything wrong any longer. Blood on her vest and as far as her interviews these are not rehearsed. This happened over a week ago it has sunk in and IMO she is on some sort of meds. My mother was a total mess when my brother died a few months ago and the Dr gave her Xanax and I could not believe the difference. Tiffany is acting like my mother did after taking it. Doing what she had to do to get through a tragedy.

The guy on JVM just said "there's no handbook on how to be a victim"
I agree.

I believe her.

Expired tags on the trailer.... yep, I just saw it too.... the cop explained that the husband wasn't aware the tags were expired & seemed relaxed -(I believe was the word he used).

I agree about the meds too.... rx's now a days you can't tell.... I mean people on them can function...

BBM:

They have video of both of them being pulled over on the way to the lake with the jet skis on the trailer. It's on JVM now. Something about the tags on the trailer. I don't think she has done anything wrong any longer. Blood on her vest and as far as her interviews these are not rehearsed. This happened over a week ago it has sunk in and IMO she is on some sort of meds. My mother was a total mess when my brother died a few months ago and the Dr gave her Xanax and I could not believe the difference. Tiffany is acting like my mother did after taking it. Doing what she had to do to get through a tragedy.

All the panelists on JVM believe her too.
Seems LE believes her.
There is a witness that saw her being chased by a boat.

We see there are 2 jetskis on the trailer. When they were stopped, they told the officer they were on their way to the lake.
So, what could she have done with the other jetski and his body if she killed him?

The only way I can see anything other than what she is saying, is if they both planned his disappearance. And he rode the jetski to another location. I don't think that happened, but that's the only other scenario I can see. ETA: and if this were the case, how is the witness (that has been checked out and has NO connection to then) explained?

I think the mexican pirates did exactly what she said they did.
And I think she is a victim here. I can't imagine.

Why didn't Tiffany mention them being pulled over on the way to the lake?

I still don't believe this story happened the way that Tiffany is telling us it did. I'm not saying she killed David Hartley, but her story has a lot of inconsistencies and she seems to be changing the details.

I don't trust people that leave out details or change them. The truth does not change.

There is an aspect to this case that most are not seeing, the political one. Governor Perry threw down the gauntlet needing to increase his lead over Bill White to make himself a player on a national scale. According to most pundits, his failure to win convincingly could be seen as a failure. If he wins big, he is short list material for VP.

So Perry calls out President Calderon to produce a body in 48 hours. After watching the interview with the sheriff last night, I am convinced there is a lot of potential for games. I don't believe the sheriff. I think he is cutting for Perry. Even if turns out she is lying, we won't get confirmation of it until after the election.

Perry stuck his neck out and he will not be made to look stupid by a sheriff. The media may figure all this out, but the sheriff going to stand by the narrative that she is telling the truth.

I am skeptical of the witness, all of it.

There is an aspect to this case that most are not seeing, the political one. Governor Perry threw down the gauntlet needing to increase his lead over Bill White to make himself a player on a national scale. According to most pundits, his failure to win convincingly could be seen as a failure. If he wins big, he is short list material for VP.

So Perry calls out President Calderon to produce a body in 48 hours. After watching the interview with the sheriff last night, I am convinced there is a lot of potential for games. I don't believe the sheriff. I think he is cutting for Perry. Even if turns out she is lying, we won't get confirmation of it until after the election.

Perry stuck his neck out and he will not be made to look stupid by a sheriff. The media may figure all this out, but the sheriff going to stand by the narrative that she is telling the truth.

Oh some of us do see it, don't worry.

Lots of political maneuvering and mileage being made out of this case. Using fear as a tool is great at getting what you want, isn't it?

Perry did not make any statements about this case until I believe yesterday. The Sheriff has been saying almost from day one that he believed her account of what happened that day on the lake.

And seriously, what should Perry have done? Not said anything at all? Considering that this story is huge both on a state level and a national level, he is damned if he says anything and damned if he keeps his mouth closed.

Mel ~

Under stress or excitement I notice that I often focus on what I think is main/important/etc. & hindsight is 20/20.... I always think of before - during - after details..later. I'm certainly not intentionally withholding information &/or details. I don't think that makes me a dishonest person. I can't tell you how many time I've thought to myself (or said at a later date)... "I wish I would of remembered to say......"

I think that considering the circumstances TH has handled herself extremely well.... Bless her heart!

If it were me I'd be like..... "Oh, & I forgot to tell you this, this & this"

On really important things I'm sure I'm much worse about this than with mox nix stuff...... for what it's worth...

JMO

BBM:

Why didn't Tiffany mention them being pulled over on the way to the lake?

I still don't believe this story happened the way that Tiffany is telling us it did. I'm not saying she killed David Hartley, but her story has a lot of inconsistencies and she seems to be changing the details.

I don't trust people that leave out details or change them. The truth does not change.

FALCON LAKE – The Texas Department of Public Safety released video footage of David and Tiffany Hartley. It was taken just hours before the murder on Falcon Lake.

It shows DPS troopers pulling over the Hartley’s at 11:30 a.m. in Rio Grande City last Thursday. That’s about three hours before Tiffany says Mexican pirates killed her husband on Falcon Lake. Troopers pulled them over for an expired registration sticker on their trailer. The two jet skis can be seen in the back. David Hartley’s voice can be heard on the video.

A DPS spokesman says David Hartley would have received a ticket but they saw two trucks pass by with marijuana in the back. They let the Hartley’s go after about 10 minutes and moved on.

http://www.krgv.com/news/local/story/DPS-Releases-Hartley-Footage/EgRZrhfMlESq8QM2bZJ4rw.cspx

Video Clip

http://www.krgv.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=169506@krgv.web.entriq.net

So there was a 3 hour window.

I also forgot earlier that there was a couple that said they heard gunshots at the same time as this happened. I don't remember where I saw that.

Was it here? Maybe on tv. I don't know.

Do we know where they put in on the lake? Or where the abandoned church is located on the lake ?

TIA

I have never in my life seen a person transporting pot be so blatant about.

That's what I was thinking!!!! If the cop could see it in the back of the truck:crazy:. I've never heard of such a thing.

ETA: As the truck passed! Was it just stacked up with no cover on it. Crazy I tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lizakind