Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If "that's what the authorities think I need to do, then that might be an option," she said.

Her speech is very circuitous. I simply do not trust her.

I am impressed by her articulate and direct style considering the circumstances. She seems genuine to me.

All the witness saw, was her coming back to shore. The "witness" didn't see the reported crime (which would have taken place....what, 3 miles across the water or so?)

What would the "pirates" do with his jetski and body, if they killed him?

Since they (supposedly) killed him with a witness seeing the whole thing, why bother hiding him and the jet ski?

The scenario that this is a purposeful disappearance (for insurance purposes) makes the most sense.

I don't agree. The jet ski was worth money, or maybe one of them wanted it for themselves. Also, why wouldn't they want to dispose of a body that they killed and have it play out exactly as it has.

...as of now I don't think she killed him but I also think she's not telling the whole story.I believe they went there for a specific reason.They knew about the danger and they lived in mexico.I think something went wrong.It's just too suspicious that she did not get killed.There has to be a reason why they let her live.

But they lived in Mexico for a time span....what was so special about this particular place that they had to see for themselves? This is the question that needs to be answered....

JMO- This was the last chance to see it. They were moving back to Colorado.
It would be the last time to be out on the water in WARM weather.

Based on the photos I've seen, it is an absolute beautiful part of history.

I believe they felt safe going over there. After all, they had lived in Mexico for a period of time.

She seems to be calm and willing to answer questions, perfect conditions for a LDT. I guess she doesn't need to because LE believe her but I know if it were me and even one person doubted my story I would take the test.

Don't know if I am the only one on Websleuths who believes Tiffany Hartley's story. But I do. It is sad that people are vilifying her. I personally think she was divinely protected. In my mind there is no other explanation. The video of the sheriff pulling her and her husband over, both jet skis on the back and David being heard saying they were going to the lake settles it for me. Also, there was blood on her vest.

You are not the only one. ITA with your post.

I agree with you both!

BBM:

CathyinTexas I believe her

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't know if I am the only one on Websleuths who believes Tiffany Hartley's story. But I do. It is sad that people are vilifying her. I personally think she was divinely protected. In my mind there is no other explanation. The video of the sheriff pulling her and her husband over, both jet skis on the back and David being heard saying they were going to the lake settles it for me. Also, there was blood on her vest

You are not the only one. ITA with your post.

Don't know if I am the only one on Websleuths who believes Tiffany Hartley's story. But I do. It is sad that people are vilifying her. I personally think she was divinely protected. In my mind there is no other explanation. The video of the sheriff pulling her and her husband over, both jet skis on the back and David being heard saying they were going to the lake settles it for me. Also, there was blood on her vest.

No, you're not the only one. There are a few people at websleuths who believe Tiffany and they are able to post without being attacked.

No one here is vilifying her that I have read. If that were the case I would expect some deleted posts and timeouts. Some here, including me, don't believe her story happened the way she says it did. We don't know what happened but to us her story has holes in it and we would like those clarified, as there is a missing man out there who was a son and a brother and obviously had a family who love him very much.

I accept your right to post your views even if I don't agree with them and I hope I get the same in return.

Thanks to Kimster for adding David's name to the title of this thread.

:)

Good Article

Mexico opens probe into reported lake shooting
By APRIL CASTRO – 3 hours ago

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...nRPZBA8z3GreQPLl8SMQD9INS8700?docId=D9INS8700

Snipped:

ZAPATA, Texas — The Mexican government said Friday it has opened a federal investigation into the reported shooting of an American tourist on a border lake plagued by Mexican pirates and strongly denied delaying action on finding the man or his attackers.

A statement from Mexico's Ministry of Foreign Affairs "categorically rejects claims to the effect that Mexican authorities are not doing enough to find" David Hartley.

Hartley's wife, Tiffany, says she and her husband were riding Jet Skis back from Mexico on Sept. 30 when they were attacked by Mexican pirates in speedboats who opened fire and shot David Hartley in the back of the head. Tiffany Hartley has said she tried to rescue him when he fell into Falcon Lake, but that she fled to U.S. waters as the pirates continued shooting.

U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar said Friday that while no evidence has caused investigators to question her story, the disappearance is mysterious.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/mexico/mexico_gets_even_deadlier_104618514.html?showFullArticle=y

Mexico gets even deadlier

HOUSTON — Forty-eight Americans were slain in Mexico during the first six months of 2010 — a deadly pace that appears likely to exceed any previous year of homicides on record, according to a Houston Chronicle analysis of the U.S. State Department's death registry.
The tally doesn't include two Texans reported killed Sept. 30 in separate incidents in isolated areas of Tamaulipas state, where the Zetas have been warring with the Gulf Cartel along the Texas border

***This article is VERY interesting and has a lot of info***

Tiffany Hartley, left, and family members, lay a wreath near the site where her husband, David Hartley, was shot last week, on Falcon Lake, Oct. 6, 2010 in Zapata, Texas. (AP Photo/Eric Gay)
image6936189g.jpg

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/mexico/mexico_gets_even_deadlier_104618514.html?showFullArticle=y

Mexico gets even deadlier

HOUSTON — Forty-eight Americans were slain in Mexico during the first six months of 2010 — a deadly pace that appears likely to exceed any previous year of homicides on record, according to a Houston Chronicle analysis of the U.S. State Department's death registry.
The tally doesn't include two Texans reported killed Sept. 30 in separate incidents in isolated areas of Tamaulipas state, where the Zetas have been warring with the Gulf Cartel along the Texas border

***This article is VERY interesting and has a lot of info***

Thanks for posting this. I had just read it, but couldn't figure out how to link to it on my phone.

Those statistics are frightening. I can't understand how American's can be killed over there and then the State Department has no info on them. How can this be okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This video is from may and it talks about Falcon Lake.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyMPaGARoI0[/ame]

This case is heart-wrenching. While I do believe the events as told by Tiffany Hartley, I also find myself asking some questions that as of yet I have not seen answered. Why did they live in Mexico during the time that they did? What was their occupations during that time?? I have given this a lot of thought, and believe it is possible that David Hartley got involved with something illegal while living in Mexico. Perhaps he owed money to the pirates who shot him (most likely drug cartel pirates) or somehow these pirates were angered by his past actions. Perhaps David and Tiffany were conducting a "business transaction" and these pirates were angered by the intrusion into their territory...I could list several other possible scenarios that came to my mind, and all would be speculation. So, while I do believe the account given by Tiffany Hartley, I also believe that their motive for going to the Mexican side of the lake involved more than taking a picture of a church partially-submerged in water. Even if the events unfolded exactly as Tiffany has reported there is more than meets the eye here. JMHO, MOO etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member