Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this was her "witness" someone who saw her fleeing after the attack? Boy, Tiffany sure has that sheriff wrapped around her little finger, doesn't she? Unbelievable!

Moss? Really? :waitasec: The zoom on your computer must be a lot stronger than mine - lol. If you can see moss, then what the heck are the floating things? The inlet can't be that shallow - it flooded an entire town. The little mission they went to photograph and the parts of buildings you see on the banks are what has been exposed due to extreme drought. :angel:

You can tell if something's floating? ;) I see what looks like six rocks (two groups of three) sticking out of the water. Buoys are generally stretched across an inlet to disallow boat traffic, or spaced further than what we see from close up.

The "moss" (or other growths) I see, are the same color as the water -- leading me to believe they're some sort of plant life. Since they've had a drought, the water is shallow and warmer -- and that's when large masses of plantlife can fluorish.

In any event, it looks like really shallow water there.

The dots, appear exactly what boats in the water look like to me from an airplane. Is that too simple? :waitasec:

Another thing that I just cant understand is WHY would the "pirates" hold a gun to her head, let her go, just to chase her down again? And what aim they have to be able to shoot a man on a speeding jet ski right in his head? What is the chance of that?!

Have been following this story on HLN for the past couple of days. One oddity. Does anyone else think she looks like a blonde Tiffany Tehan the run awau bride story in Ohio? The nose and mouth. Going to catch up on the thread now.

bts.tiffany.hartley.presser.cnn.640x360.jpg

images

For the moment, I think she may be just like her look-a-like.

The dots, appear exactly what boats in the water look like to me from an airplane. Is that too simple? :waitasec:

It's possible, but I see no wake (water trails) that they'd leave. Would all six be clustered, round, and apparently motionless?

If you zoom in all the way, you see that 100 feet = about an inch. It looks to me like two of the boats would fit inside the "0" in "100", kinda like they're about 4 feet long or so.

The really odd thing? I zoomed back out and panned around. I see nothing else that looks like rocks, boats, etc.

It's possible, but I see no wake (water trails) that they'd leave. Would all six be clustered, round, and apparently motionless?

If you zoom in all the way, you see that 100 feet = about an inch. It looks to me like two of the boats would fit inside the "0" in "100", kinda like they're about 4 feet long or so.

The really odd thing? I zoomed back out and panned around. I see nothing else that looks like rocks, boats, etc.

I am comparing it to what I see when coming down the coast and seeing the Intercoastal, into West Palm Beach Airport. They could be motionless/grouped if fishing/anchored. Especially if the fish are running there! I give up lol and have no idea how to zoom or pan around. ;) Also, I never noticed any wake, lucky to see the boats (dots) from up so high. It is when we are much lower, that I know the dots are small boats/yaughts.

Have been following this story on HLN for the past couple of days. One oddity. Does anyone else think she looks like a blonde Tiffany Tehan the run awau bride story in Ohio? The nose and mouth. Going to catch up on the thread now.

bts.tiffany.hartley.presser.cnn.640x360.jpg

images

For the moment, I think she may be just like her look-a-like.

I do not see any resemblance whatsoever...just my .02.

I just watched a segment on Jane Velez and the one thing I thought was odd is that Tiffany said her husband was probably "dragged" onto land and they should be searching in the weeds. I just thought that was odd. They did said that her life jacket had blood on it, but I still wonder about that.

I just watched a segment on Jane Velez and the one thing I thought was odd is that Tiffany said her husband was probably "dragged" onto land and they should be searching in the weeds. I just thought that was odd. They did said that her life jacket had blood on it, but I still wonder about that.

Daniel had a lifejacket on, being he supposedly had not been found in the lake either way, jacket on or off (according to Mexican authorities(?)), one would definetly think of looking on land, especially if you are the wife and would want to lay your husband to rest. Maybe look for fresh digging too, if the authorities are not too afraid of the bad guys.

Why wonder about the blood, he had been shot, she tried to get him on her jet-ski. Well that might settle it, check his DNA, but maybe not for some if some think it had been planted. I guess you can tell, I am a Believer!

Did she use this word, "Dragged"?
Kind of reminds me of the way Jon Hemingway's wife spoke about how he would have "sunk" so quickly with his heavy boots, etc. Comes out sounding kind of harsh, when speaking about a beloved, recently-deceased spouse.

I don't know what to make of this case, so am not going to voice an opinion other than to say I am seldom suprised anymore.

http://www.reporterherald.com/news_story.asp?ID=29653

“We were just tourists looking at a church,” she said. “I want (the violence) to stop. It’s stupid."

IDK, but "stupid" would not be my first (or 2nd or even 3rd) word of choice to describe an event involving homicidal border violence that had just taken the life of my beloved husband of 8 years. In fact, the word "stupid" wouldn't even be on my mind at all - if I was describing such a traumatic event.

I can think of a few other words to describe the kind of violence that Tiffany claims occurred, (and I'm inclined to believe that I'm not so very different from the average human being).

"I want the violence to stop. It's stupid."

???????

JMO

Hi,

I just today became interested in this case, so someone please correct me if I have missed something, but one thing that stands out to me is that according to the wife's story, the supposed pirates simply approached them on the lake and started firing for no apparent reason.

First of all what kind of pirate goes straight for murder before voicing something to the effect of "Hand over yer booty or else!"?

Second, isn't that what the attackers did to the other people who reported being attacked on that same lake? Accost them and make demands, rather than just show up with guns blazing and start killing?

So why were Hartley and his wife the first to be set upon and shot at without, as far as I've read, a verbal threat of a robbery attempt?

:waitasec:

Zapata County Sheriff Sigifredo Gonzalez said Mrs Hartley's story was so incredible that at first he wondered if she had concocted it as a cover story after murdering her husband himself.

But, he said, further investigation placed her in the clear.

He said she was unable to stop sobbing when he spoke with her on Thursday afternoon, and kept asking where her husband's body was.

'She was terrified,' he told the newspaper. 'At this time, I can safely say she had nothing to do with her husband's death.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rates-Falcon-Lake.html?ITO=1490#ixzz11jkSBynz

So because she seemed "terrified" and because she "was unable to stop sobbing... and kept asking where her husband's body was" the Sheriff can "safely say that she had nothing to do with her husband's death"?!

Is this the extent of the investigation that this Sheriff conducted before coming to his conclusion? Observing *sobbing* and listening to a woman exclaim "where is my husband's body"?!

:eek:

One of the posters a few pages back had the same thought that I did. One reason why the wife was spared could have been that she was the target of the attack and not the husband. The sex trade is fairly big south of the border and TH fits the profile that is in demand......petite, blond, pretty, and an American.

I was stationed in Honduras in the mid-90's and even back then there where places I was not allowed to travel to. So while I agree that her story does seem to be out there, stranger things have happened that have turned out to be true.

Mel ~

Authorities: 'Info' Indicates U.S. Woman Had No Role in Husband's Death on Border Lake

An American woman isn't being identified by as a suspect in her husband's death on a Mexican border lake, U.S. investigators said, tamping down speculation about the credibility of her story.

U.S. law enforcement officials said Thursday that they have undisclosed "information" leading them to believe Tiffany Harley had no criminal involvement in an alleged attack on her husband on Lake Falcon, a 60-mile-long lake that connects Texas with Mexico.

"Information has surfaced that we can't disclose at this time that she didn’t commit any kind of offense," Cuellar told reporters.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/0...h-american-tourist-began-week-alleged-pirate/

I think poeple need to give it a rest with ripping her apart! JMHO

http://www.valleymorningstar.com/news/questioned-81675-report-woman.html

Zapata County investigators gathered no hard evidence that could back up Young-Hartley’s story upon making contact with her Thursday afternoon, Gonzalez said.

Also this:

“We did not (check) at the time,” Gonzalez said. “There was no indication that we needed to check for anything.”

So because a so-called anonymous *witness* was allegedly afraid of "retribution" from these pirates who "might come & shoot at him" and because Tiffany *sobbed* and asked "where is the body of my husband", the Sheriff decided there was "no indication that we needed to check for anything”.

Therefore, no attempt was made to gather hard evidence that might corroborate (or refute) Tiffany's account - do I have that right?

Okay then.

I'm satisfied (not).

Did anyone see Tiffany on Anderson Cooper tonight? First she said that she thought pirates in that area were no longer a problem. Then she said something to the effect that her and David had discussed the possibility of pirates and they thought they could just outrun them on the jet skis, if they did come across pirates.

What are the chances that that the exact scenario they had apparently discussed then occurred? Who puts themselves in that much jeopardy to see some ruins to the point they have to discuss an escape plan??
Nah...not buying it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member