Mexico Mexico - David Hartley, 30, Lake Falcon, 30 Sept 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This story does have some holes, but not near as many as Katie Hemingway's.

belimom-
They did live in Reynosa, for David's job IIRC, but recently moved back to the US side, and were about to move back to CO.

My hubby and I did a similar stupid thing, only we were in the US. We took a right turn in New Orleans and within two or three blocks were smack in the middle of one of the worst projects in the city. We were the only white faces for blocks. I was terrified to say the least and now carefully check the map before we make any rash decisions, so I too understand how you can innocently wind up somewhere you absolutely shouldn't be. We could have easily been another New Orleans statistic. Tiffany and David truly strike me as a loving couple who liked to ski, scuba dive, etc and went for a little sight seeing tour that turned out very badly. I could be completely wrong, but I don't think so, even though I know I am in the minority.

I can't understand why all the sudden everyone is defending the Mexican government and choosing to believe them over her. :waitasec:

BBM
Hi,
For me at least, this has nothing to do with, as you say, 'defending' the Mexican government and believing them over her.

I most certainly do not put any belief in what the Mexican gov't has said regarding her story...I would like to see them co-operate with the US authorities and conduct a thorough search of the lake in hopes of retrieving Mr Hartley and even the jet ski.
I base my suspicion solely on her and her story alone and nothing do with the Mexican government

Facebook Profiles don't always list changes like that or comments to other people's status in chronological order mixed in with your own posts. The photo in question was uploaded on Oct 1, so it would be impossible to make that picture the profile picture prior to Sept. 8.

It is curious as to how/why it changed. Also, odd if you ask me that the only other picture in his profile picture album is a picture of him on a jet ski with a "pirate" ship behind him. Yet that picture was uploaded 2 years ago. Odd coincidence.

I don't know much about Facebook but how did you find out what day the photo was uploaded? Does it say it somewhere?
Thanks

Ok I have a question, if he was shot in the head as she says then there would have been blood and other stuff (dont want to say the words) in the water, on him, on his life vest, etc. There is no way she could have turned him over and tried to get him on her jet ski without having some of the blood etc get on her, her life vest and her jet ski. Has anyone seen any mention of whether there was any blood etc found on the jet ski or on her.

Good questions truckengirl,

But I have a sad feeling the answer will be "there is no evidence"

I don't know much about Facebook but how did you find out what day the photo was uploaded? Does it say it somewhere?
Thanks

If you go to his profile, click his profile picture. That will take you to his profile picture album. If you click on the one on the left, it will take you to just that photo. Underneath the photo is the date "Added October 1" Facebook puts a year on any photos not in the current year. So if you click next, you'll see the other photo I was talking about. It says "Added August 25, 2008"

Hope that helps!

If you go to his profile, click his profile picture. That will take you to his profile picture album. If you click on the one on the left, it will take you to just that photo. Underneath the photo is the date "Added October 1" Facebook puts a year on any photos not in the current year. So if you click next, you'll see the other photo I was talking about. It says "Added August 25, 2008"

Hope that helps!

Thanks for that- you learn something new everyday!

Oddly, it looks like the same photo only with the side of the picture that had him and the pirate boat in it, left out.
Like, here he once was, now he's gone.
I don't know.
ETA: It's actually a very sad and lonely picture.

Which day do you think that photo was taken?

I don't think that is an up to date or current map, for example:

I just went onto Google maps, found my home, and on the bottom of the Google map screen it says 2010 but I know for certain the picture is over 2 years old.

Could those be the boundary markers?

I don't think so oh-gal. The US/Mexico boundry would be about six miles away from this spot. Those dots are floating in the water right outside Guerrero Viejo.....whatever they are. If you zoom out, you will see just how far away this is from the US boundry line.

Hey all! I'm new to the thread but just got done catching up. I haven't decided 100% but like others have said, this seems really fishy to me. I don't understand how his jet ski has vanished. Why was he shot and not her? Why were they there, in such dangerous territory? Why did his fb profile pic change a day after he disappeared??

Questions that have already been asked but they are the ones that stand out the most to me. Plus, who is this witness that supposedly saw the boat with someone firing shots??

Way too weird.

I only see 3, but no idea.

Only three? I see one set of three grouped together, then directly north of them another little pod of three dots. At first I thought they were just trees, because there are similar "dots" along the edges, but once you blow it up, they are white and don't look the same, at least not to me. :twocents:

I just went onto Google maps, found my home, and on the bottom of the Google map screen it says 2010 but I know for certain the picture is over 2 years old.

I have no idea what day that photo was taken Intermezzo, but I know what you are saying. I'm not implying that the picture was taken the day the Hartley's were there, I simply find it very curious that I looked for the town on google and find those dots in the water.....stranger things have happened. :angel: If those pirates have set up camp at Guerrero Viejo, and it seems they have, it isn't far fetched to me to think they could have been photographed by a google satellite image. :twocents:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-...and-allegedly-killed/story?id=11820806&page=1

Eyewitness in Alleged Mexican Pirate Attack Case Comes Forward

Tiffany Hartley Returns to Scene of Alleged Attack, Asks President Obama for Help

An eyewitness has come forward in the case of the American who was allegedly attacked by Mexican pirates to claim he saw the man's panicked wife as she fled to the American side of the lake.

"I saw the Jet Ski come around an island," the witness told "Good Morning America." "There was something wrong actually. The way I saw her come around it looked like something terribly wrong happened. I mean, she was jittery, frantic. ... She was crying, sobbing."

As a safety precaution, the witness spoke in shadow and with voice alteration to avoid identification because he said he feared for his life.

What the witness did not see -- what apparently no one but the alleged victims and attackers saw -- was what exactly happened on the Mexican side of Falcon Lake, which straddles the border between Texas and Mexico. Tiffany Hartley said she and her husband, David, took Jet Skis to the Mexican side of the lake to take pictures of a small church when suddenly a band of Mexican pirates opened fire on them with assault rifles. In a heartwrenching 911 call, Hartley tells the dispatcher that her husband has been shot in the head and that she is too weak to pull his body up onto her Jet Ski. She was forced to abandon him there.

Tiffany Hartley returned for the first time Wednesday to the location where she said her husband was killed last week.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have no idea what day that photo was taken Intermezzo, but I know what you are saying. I'm not implying that the picture was taken the day the Hartley's were there, I simply find it very curious that I looked for the town on google and find those dots in the water.....stranger things have happened. :angel: If those pirates have set up camp at Guerrero Viejo, and it seems they have, it isn't far fetched to me to think they could have been photographed by a google satellite image. :twocents:

I wonder if they could be fishing buoys. My ex-FIL used to go out and set fishing "thingys" and it had a float on top of them. He'd go back to check on them at a later time. I know NOTHING about fishing, so I'm not sure if it makes sense...I can't even think what they are called. LOL

Yes, that could be very possible if it is a grouping of ships/boats and If these Pirates are on those waters on a regular basis. But I can not say what those white dots are..and I believe there are Pirates on that Lake..

Google maps did capture the guy we hire regularly to trim our trees but the vehicle in the driveway is one we haven't owned for over 2 years..

I just read on Google support that maps are on average 1 to 3 years old. I like to learn new things each day:dance:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/exclusive-...and-allegedly-killed/story?id=11820806&page=1

Eyewitness in Alleged Mexican Pirate Attack Case Comes Forward

"I saw the Jet Ski come around an island," the witness told "Good Morning America." "There was something wrong actually. The way I saw her come around it looked like something terribly wrong happened. I mean, she was jittery, frantic. ... She was crying, sobbing."

AND

What the witness did not see -- what apparently no one but the alleged victims and attackers saw -- was what exactly happened on the Mexican side of Falcon Lake,

I'm sorry, but that doesn't count as a witness in my book.

Since there's a claim of a crime having been committed, a witness would be someone who saw the crime itself....not the aftermath.

All it does, is reinforce my belief that this is a hoax that has received a lot more publicity than intended (as most do).

All Google maps have a 2010 watermark; they're copyrighting the page.

The satellite view of our neighborhood is very recent BUT it replaced an image that showed a car we sold in 2003.

Those things "floating" in the water? They look like rocks to me, in a very shallow inlet. You can see moss below the water, in that image.

All Google maps have a 2010 watermark; they're copyrighting the page.

The satellite view of our neighborhood is very recent BUT it replaced an image that showed a car we sold in 2003.

Those things "floating" in the water? They look like rocks to me, in a very shallow inlet. You can see moss below the water, in that image.

Moss? Really? :waitasec: The zoom on your computer must be a lot stronger than mine - lol. If you can see moss, then what the heck are the floating things? The inlet can't be that shallow - it flooded an entire town. The little mission they went to photograph and the parts of buildings you see on the banks are what has been exposed due to extreme drought. :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aebuser