Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for finding that street view, that is amazing to see the Corona truck, and also to roam that particular crossroads and see the big Pemex station.

The reason I thought of a gas station was that vehicles there would be going in both directions - so it's not too much of a stretch to see how she could get into a vehicle going south instead of north, and they're already safely parked. Given the limited shoulder space on most of those highways for anyone to pull over, that she might stand around the gas station with her sign makes sense to me.

I just now did a little FB cruising and found a photo of JR at the same spot as the google street view with the Corona truck. JR says it is where Jenny caught the ride. I can't post a link, but it's not hard to find. I'm surprised she was there instead of the Pemex station for the reasons you gave, but apparently she was, according to him. I wonder how the PI was able to find this out.

I just now did a little FB cruising and found a photo of JR at the same spot as the google street view with the Corona truck. JR says it is where Jenny caught the ride. I can't post a link, but it's not hard to find. I'm surprised she was there instead of the Pemex station for the reasons you gave, but apparently she was, according to him. I wonder how the PI was able to find this out.

Perhaps the people in the restaurant observed it. Odd, if that's a regular place for corona trucks to park, you'd think it might be someone's regular route.

I'm uncomfortable with the idea that the driver was facing north, but turned south after Jenny got in. However, her husband can't investigate/interrogate the alleged driver on his own, either the driver or someone else needs to come forward and offer information voluntarily. As far as local police, these aren't the guys from Law and Order. And they may need more evidence, such as one of her possessions in someone's hands.

If that's a restaurant (it appears like it could be) behind the Corona truck, it could have just been stopped there for a delivery.

I posted this a while back, it mentioned a restaurant where, at the time, Jenny was last seen. Is the Peppa Pig anywhere near where the Corona truck was found on Google Maps??

http://www.nvinoticias.com/nota/8660/esposo-busca-china-desaparecida

(through Google translate):

... cameras caught Jenny Chen, at 10:17 am on Monday, April 11 against the Peppa Pig cafe where [she] exchanged words with a man and then continued on his way towards Administrative City on federal highway 190 Christopher Columbus in Tlalixtac jurisdiction of Cabrera.

http://www.nvinoticias.com/nota/8660/esposo-busca-china-desaparecida

and...

According to her Help Find Me Facebook page, this is the dining room where she was but now it's called peppa pig and is painted red....

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/@17....4!1s_IF_wDLcPNOaaUI1FpXUKg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/?fref=nf

I posted this a while back, it mentioned a restaurant where, at the time, Jenny was last seen. Is the Peppa Pig anywhere near where the Corona truck was found on Google Maps??

and...

The place mentioned in the article seems to be close to Oaxaca City on 190. The Corona truck on Google maps was on 185, many miles away on the road to Juchitan. But it was certainly worth looking at again, so thanks! :)

http://latitude.to/map/mx/mexico/cities/tlalixtac-de-cabrera

If that's a restaurant (it appears like it could be) behind the Corona truck, it could have just been stopped there for a delivery.

I thought of that too - but what I've seen of deliveries in Mexico is it's a smaller truck, with at least 2 guys because one has to take the few cases in and get the receipt signed off, the other stays with the truck for security and to prepare for the next delivery.

I think that big transport truck was probably locked down and the driver was just moving it from factory to distribution warehouse. If that was the case, that does raise the question of where the truck was headed. I wonder if the driver was heading (or said he was heading) all the way to Cancun and that's why Jenny went with him?

I wonder whether big trucks like that are fitted with gps? Given the risk of truck highjacking in remote areas of Chiapas, Carona might have invested in that technology.

I had a lot of ideas about it, but after reading her couchsurfing site: she's young, a free-spirit, and she wanted to do something wild. She made a mistake by hitchhiking, though. After reading everything, the couchsurfing profile says a lot: she's an innocent soul, her husband too, and things didn't turn out as planned.

I thought of that too - but what I've seen of deliveries in Mexico is it's a smaller truck, with at least 2 guys because one has to take the few cases in and get the receipt signed off, the other stays with the truck for security and to prepare for the next delivery.

I think that big transport truck was probably locked down and the driver was just moving it from factory to distribution warehouse. If that was the case, that does raise the question of where the truck was headed. I wonder if the driver was heading (or said he was heading) all the way to Cancun and that's why Jenny went with him?

I wonder whether big trucks like that are fitted with gps? Given the risk of truck highjacking in remote areas of Chiapas, Carona might have invested in that technology.

I didn't think about the security issues, I bet you're right, just someone parked where convenient (or maybe they felt it was safer there?)

BBM- I'd think companies would keep a pretty close eye on their travel, but I know several drivers who aren't tracked (or at least aren't knowingly tracked), so I'm sure it depends on the company. Does Corona have their own trucks and drivers?

JR wants press contacts. Says Oaxaca LE and Corona are "playing games" and no drivers have been interviewed in 15 days.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/621095951398786/

Earlier he had posted wedding photos with Jenny at someone's request, but now they are gone.

He shouldn't make the Mexico police mad. Jmo. They will set him up quickly. Btw. His private investigator is probably lying to him about things for more money. Jmo.

Another thing. He keeps saying Corona like it's going to get him a civil suit against them. But he wants to threaten the branches within the United States since he knows a civil suit would be nil in Mexico. Jmo.

Also. Her friends keep blaming her for not liking China as if thats the reason the Embassy doesn't care.

What kind of friends are those. Also. Is his family helping him find his wife. She is in several pictures with them I think.

But they are not advocating as far as I can tell.

This case is fishy. Now a notepad was supposedly found which alibied that she was there around the time. But does he believe she was buying 200 tortillas.

Now she has money for a 4 month travel to Mexico, Cuba and NY. But she planned on hitchhiking and Couchsurfing in the most dangerous areas.

But hubby thought that was okay. Now she said she was almost kidnapped and raped by the cartel. But we should only focus on the Corona driver?

Last note. If the witnesses seen the driver and truck not too far from the gas station. Then most likely that truck and driver is most likely periodically at the gas station throughout the month due to set routes. So why not have the p.i and witnesses surveying that place for a reward for saying That's Him.

Jmo. The driver probably stops there frequently to get snacks or gas or lunch for the road in that rural area. Jmo.

Btw. Is this Couchsurfing thing free? She was staying with poor families who could use money. But there's no mention of atm withdrawals or credit card usage to pay for things. So did she only use cash and pull out a wad in front of poor folks.

Now in all honesty. I wonder if she ever was with a Corona driver. Especially since the truck shows up on a Google street view. I would have my p.i searching the last house she was in.

Or the fbi should see if his alibis in the United States check out. Jmo. We always look at the hubby first until an alibi checks out at least.

So let's not make this case any different. Jmo

I didn't think about the security issues, I bet you're right, just someone parked where convenient (or maybe they felt it was safer there?)

BBM- I'd think companies would keep a pretty close eye on their travel, but I know several drivers who aren't tracked (or at least aren't knowingly tracked), so I'm sure it depends on the company. Does Corona have their own trucks and drivers?

Sometimes the dispatcher can tell a driver where to go next after a drop or pickup.

But if the driver purposely made a uturn. Then maybe he lives near there and told her she can couchsurf at his place for 1 more day and then he would take her to Cancun the next day.

Idk.

Part of me sees an abduction. And a part of me sees a something else that hubby really wouldn't want the fbi or Nancy Grace to get involved in. Jmo

Just some thoughts on hitchhiking: I lived in a different region of Mexico for a couple years recently and hitchhiking was very common there. In parts of the world without a lot of wealth cars are considered much more luxury than necessity and people will often hitchhike as a necessity, to get to work etc. It's especially common to see people hopping into the bed of a pickup to get a ride. The main thing though is that (in my experience) hitchhikers in Mexico are pretty much always 1) men or teenage boys if Mexican or 2) backpackers of both genders from the States, Australia, etc who hear that hitchhiking is "safe" in Mexico and do it to save money but mostly for the adventure. Like it seems like a fun, adventurous thing to do that they couldn't do back home, and it kind of feels like being a hippy in the States back in the 60's or 70's when hitchhiking was still somewhat popular. Like living out a Kerouac fantasy. I can totally see a naive (IMO) Chinese girl who loved adventure seeing that local men and possibly backpackers of both genders hitchhiked and choosing that over the (very cheap and efficient!) bus, just for the adventure and story. It's hard for many of us to imagine, but young people often haven't been through enough bad stuff yet to develop caution and self preservation instincts and choose fun over common sense. I wouldn't have hitchhiked alone as a 30-something married woman in Mexico but I very well might have if I'd been younger and less risk-averse and saw others doing it. There is a lot that's strange or hinky about this case but I don't find the hitchhiking to be all that odd. MOO.

Hitchhiker's are one thing. But she went above and beyond by staying with folks she didn't know throughout different parts of Mexico. Plus she had plans to do this in Cuba and NY as well. Jmo.

I truly wonder if hubby didn't know her intentions to leave him at first. But convinced her to meet him and Cancun.

But now wants to blame the unknown driver.

Hubby said she was in contact with family or friends everyday. But not him.

Especially 4 days prior to his arrival.

So did he tell any of his family or friends that he was worried. Or did he just show up in Cancun like everything was expected to be fine and dandy without talking to his wife for 4 days.

Dexter I agree with your posts, especially about the private investigator. Who knows if he's even telling the truth? At one point (when requesting funds) it was stated that "the PI is now working for free but it isn't good for him to keep doing that" or something along those lines. I remember thinking how strangely it was worded, but then again I am surprised at the way a lot of his posts are worded. I can't tell if it's arrogance or maybe he is just awkward at communicating but his approach has really turned me off.

Someone on the FB page made a comment about corona suing him for slander and he basically said there is no way they can because the information is 100% true. It could very well be that Jenny did get a ride from the corona driver, but who's to say that he is guilty of anything at this point? He could have dropped her off a town away. Her husband should really change his attitude and approach IMO.

You're on a roll today, Dex! :D I expect your posts are exactly what most of us are thinking. I've been concerned about the PI too, although I suppose JR has to trust someone.

I still have trouble with JR going home when Jenny didn't show up in Cancun. I don't know how long he stayed around, but he went back to Mexico the end of April, so he couldn't have stayed there long, initially. What was he doing while he was in Cancun and has LE accounted for that time? The hotel should be able to verify his presence while waiting for Jenny to show up. I try not to project what I would do onto other people, but in this situation I just can't imagine leaving the country. Why would LE and the U.S. and Chinese embassies or consulates take him seriously if he's back in Seattle so soon? Everything he has done online could have been done from Mexico, boots on the ground, with a hired translator, if necessary. JMO

Another thing is that I think it's very unwise for them to put ALL their efforts into the Corona truck. Just because several eyewitnesses "saw" Jenny get into that truck and heard a conversation with the driver, it does not mean it was Jenny. Witnesses "see" missing people all the time, and are mostly mistaken IMO, and even more when it is someone of a different race. I hope they are investigating along the route the driver supposedly took. Whoever was riding with him had to get out to use a restroom and eat. And who brought her from Oaxaca City to the location she supposedly got on the truck?

I hope they find her, alive and well, but the longer this goes on, the less I think that will happen, sadly. :( JMO

I always wondered what he did in and around the April 15th date in Cancun and why he didn't raise a concern then instead of waiting until he came back to the States.

Press release in English and Spanish about Corona not turning over names of drivers to PI and LE not interviewing drivers.

A Mexican private investigator tracked Jenny’s April 11 route from Oaxaca City, to Juchitan, Oaxaca, approximately 6 hours away. He located the family she stayed with on the night of April 11 in Juchitan. The next day, on April 12, Jenny tried to catch a ride from Juchitlan toward Cancun from passing vehicles on Hwy. 185.

About 2 pm in the afternoon of April 12, witnesses saw the driver of a Corona beer 16 wheeler/trailer combo stop on the side of the highway, wave Jenny over, and offer her a ride. The Corona rig was headed in the opposite direction of Cancun. The driver told Jenny he would take her on a different route to Cancun. She left with the driver in the Corona truck at approximately 2 pm on April 12, and has not been seen since.

More at link:
http://helpfindjenny.weebly.com

FB:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/621318261376555/

Press release in English and Spanish about Corona not turning over names of drivers to PI and LE not interviewing drivers.

A Mexican private investigator tracked Jenny’s April 11 route from Oaxaca City, to Juchitan, Oaxaca, approximately 6 hours away. He located the family she stayed with on the night of April 11 in Juchitan. The next day, on April 12, Jenny tried to catch a ride from Juchitlan toward Cancun from passing vehicles on Hwy. 185.

About 2 pm in the afternoon of April 12, witnesses saw the driver of a Corona beer 16 wheeler/trailer combo stop on the side of the highway, wave Jenny over, and offer her a ride. The Corona rig was headed in the opposite direction of Cancun. The driver told Jenny he would take her on a different route to Cancun. She left with the driver in the Corona truck at approximately 2 pm on April 12, and has not been seen since.

More at link:
http://helpfindjenny.weebly.com

FB:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/621318261376555/

This MSM article pretty much sums it up:

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/missing-jenny-chen-tracked-juchitan/

Hitchhiker's are one thing. But she went above and beyond by staying with folks she didn't know throughout different parts of Mexico. Plus she had plans to do this in Cuba and NY as well. Jmo.

I truly wonder if hubby didn't know her intentions to leave him at first. But convinced her to meet him and Cancun.

But now wants to blame the unknown driver.

Hubby said she was in contact with family or friends everyday. But not him.

Especially 4 days prior to his arrival.

So did he tell any of his family or friends that he was worried. Or did he just show up in Cancun like everything was expected to be fine and dandy without talking to his wife for 4 days.

I think by nature many of us here are overly-cautious so I try not to judge free-spirited actions because I took my fair share of risks when I was much younger. However, I think even when young....hitchhiking and staying with strangers each would have gone beyond my comfort zone let alone doing both. When I first read this case - I thought how many risks does one need on an adventure? Then I go on to read a post here that JC wrote that she was nearly raped by two men? My frustration level with the parties involved grew to the point where I couldn't post something tha would not seem harsh. I'm lurking but had to agree with you - there are few pieces missing here and the pieces that are here are very bizarre.

I can't get over her staying in touch with friends during the trip but not her husband. I think there's a lot we are not being told...

ETA

Here's a thought... what if she actually did make it to Cancun, and did see her husband there... something happens... he returns to the US and a few days later reports her missing and says she never showed up?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members