Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe he is in Mexico, but is relying on his PI. Would the prosecutor require a bribe before granting permission? Quite frankly, if I were the prosecutor I would be delaying while getting legal advice about whether it's even permissible to give permission for non-LE to interview these drivers before there has been an investigation by LE. Oaxaca State (not city) police should be the ones to do the interviews first and determine if there is any information about Jenny. If the driver dropped her off somewhere, hopefully the PI can pick up the trail. If there turns out to be evidence of a crime, it would be in the hands of LE, not the PI. JMO and I have no idea how things are done in Mexico.

I hope Corona's parent company is providing legal advice and representation to the drivers in this case. Since JR immediately called the driver a "suspect" it could get really dicey for the driver if he has done nothing wrong and simply did Jenny a favor. The driver may not even know how high profile this case has become, may not be too savvy, and he could be pressured by LE or the PI into admitting to something that didn't happen. I would hope the drivers have an attorney present during questioning. JMO

I don't have personal experience, but places like Mexico/Central America have a repution of having a legal system that functions like the Spanish Inquisition. Although the system has been/is being reformed, I think most people are very afraid of being questioned by police.

I can't help but think he's going about things all wrong. It's coming across as very "arrogant gringo" telling LE and a major corporation how to do their jobs with too much bluster instead of showing some humility and trying to figure out how these things are done in Mexico. He won't get far with that attitude IMO.

I can't help but think he's going about things all wrong. It's coming across as very "arrogant gringo" telling LE and a major corporation how to do their jobs with too much bluster instead of showing some humility and trying to figure out how these things are done in Mexico. He won't get far with that attitude IMO.

I agree with you. The arrogance and entitlement started even when just dealing with the U.S. and escalated from there.

Now JR's mouthpiece says that "we" (JR's people) should interview the drivers BEFORE Corona does.

Will the PI respect the drivers' legal rights if LE doesn't even have a great record in that? Will a driver be intimidated into a false admission?

JR explains to someone that the drivers are with contracted truck companies, but Corona should be able to put pressure on them.

If the drivers aren't Corona employees, Corona really has no power to question them IMO, although Corona could pressure the truck companies. The task of questioning would belong first to the contracted company and LE. I hope somebody, if not Corona, is giving these drivers legal advice. Even if a driver committed a crime against Jenny, it's up to LE to make the case independent of a possibly coerced confession. JMO...I don't know Mexican legal procedures.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...=622869004554814&comment_tracking={"tn":"R1"}

Reviewing back several days on the Find Jenny FB page, I see that JR was advised on May 30 that the driver info would only be given to the prosecutor and then only shared with JR's attorney. JR commented that he guessed he was being held hostage by the authorities. The commenter said he guessed JR needs to learn how it works in Mexico. Someone else advised him to hire a Mexican attorney. No response. I've seen nothing since then about hiring an attorney. Have I missed it? If people explain to him how the system works, why not do what they suggest? JMO

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...=620582141450167&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

Reviewing back several days on the Find Jenny FB page, I see that JR was advised on May 30 that the driver info would only be given to the prosecutor and then only shared with JR's attorney. JR commented that he guessed he was being held hostage by the authorities. The commenter said he guessed JR needs to learn how it works in Mexico. Someone else advised him to hire a Mexican attorney. No response. I've seen nothing since then about hiring an attorney. Have I missed it? If people explain to him how the system works, why not do what they suggest? JMO

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...=620582141450167&comment_tracking={"tn":"R9"}

Good question. I have not seen anything about his hiring an attorney in MX. I have seen a few times, where somebody asks a relevant question of JR, yet it goes unanswered. It could be that he's swamped right now...

I hate how obsessed I've become with this case. :shame: I looked at her Facebook page last week, and some of the pictures are SO beautiful. Is she a professional photographer? The one of the bride and groom at a very fancy wedding (Mexico City??) was perfect. Their poses, the position of the photo.... straight out of Getty Images. (I think there was a comment that she crashed this wedding, and if so, how does a wedding crasher get right up close and take the perfect photo?)

The other thing that popped out at me, and perhaps somebody could shed some light on this, is one of her comments on her pictures talked about the "craws" (sic) of an eagle. I understand English is not her first language, and that may be how she'd pronounce "claws," but would she spell it that way? The rest of her spelling is practically perfect. It's all probably nothing, but I'm trying to shake my initial feelings that this is a hoax, and the FB page is forged. I don't really believe that, I'm just trying to shake it. Sorry for rambling!

https://www.facebook.com/jennycqd

edited, thanks to Lilibet's suggestion.

Good question. I have not seen anything about his hiring an attorney in MX. I have seen a few times, where somebody asks a relevant question of JR, yet it goes unanswered. It could be that he's swamped right now...

I hate how obsessed I've become with this case. :shame: I looked at her Facebook page last week, and some of the pictures are SO beautiful. Is she a professional photographer? The one of the bride and groom at a very fancy wedding (Mexico City??) was perfect. Their poses, the position of the photo.... straight out of Getty Images. (I think there was a comment that she crashed this wedding, and if so, how does a wedding crasher get right up close and take the perfect photo?)

The other thing that popped out at me, and perhaps somebody could shed some light on this, is one of her comments on her pictures talked about the "craws" (sic) of an eagle. I understand English is not her first language, and that may be how she'd pronounce "claws," but would she spell it that way? The rest of her spelling is practically perfect. It's all probably nothing, but I'm trying to shake my initial feelings that this is a hoax, and the FB page is forged. I don't really believe that, I'm just trying to shake it. Sorry for rambling!

https://www.facebook.com/jennycqd

<snipped due to content>

This is such a strange case that obsession is understandable. I get it! :eek:

We can't sleuth and report what we find about JR, tempting as it is. Editing a post is possible if you get to it soon enough. :)

Jenny appears to be a very good photographer. I've been impressed with her composition too. I wonder if "craws" is autocorrect of perhaps a mistake on her part. I agree that the page isn't forged since people who met her have posted on the Find Jenny page.

I think we're all trying to make some sense out of this very strange situation. I hope she is all right and I hope there are answers soon.

I think his next step should be to hire an attorney, someone at least in Mexico to oversee what is going on with the police investigation and perhaps able to expedite the process.

Who is CN (on FB) in relation to Jenny? After her husband she posts the most with new fliers, calming people down when they get passionate on posts etc. but after looking at her page it's nearly empty. Makes me think it's a fake page JR made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we can discuss CN, beyond saying that she's been there almost since the beginning and posted early that she lives in Mexico. I don't know if she knew JR or Jenny before or not, but she does actually exist. :)

We were in Oaxaca exactly a year ago and I believe that this particular church is the one in center of the community. We personally witnessed at least 3 weddings there-- but from the outside of the church, to where the celebration spreads after the mass. The entire city seems to be participating in the nuptials, dancing and watching the fireworks that conclude the festivities. While we never entered the chapel during a wedding mass, less polite tourists probably pop into them once in a while, as the church is is a tourist attraction itself. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...Domingo_de_Guzman-Oaxaca_Southern_Mexico.html

This is such a strange case that obsession is understandable. I get it! :eek:

We can't sleuth and report what we find about JR, tempting as it is. Editing a post is possible if you get to it soon enough. :)

Jenny appears to be a very good photographer. I've been impressed with her composition too. I wonder if "craws" is autocorrect of perhaps a mistake on her part. I agree that the page isn't forged since people who met her have posted on the Find Jenny page.

I think we're all trying to make some sense out of this very strange situation. I hope she is all right and I hope there are answers soon.

I wonder if her camera has made it to a pawnshop or has been traded to a local store owner for food. Hubby doesn't really describe anything to look out for such as the camera or backpack or computers or phones used to skpe or anything. The police could have searched the peoples home if the notepad was found there.

Btw. Jennys facebook friend lists seems like a lot were from Mexico as if she just started a friend lists. And none of the small friend lists are not even mentioning her on their pages.

And nearly none are from Seattle. It just seems like a fabricated put together friend lists. Idk.

I am finding some things that are questionable as it seems others are on the find Jenny page. It could just be personalities relating things differently. I think it would be good for NG to air and aid in trying to get answers.
jmho

Lisa,
Old Reader/Newbie Posting

We were in Oaxaca exactly a year ago and I believe that this particular church is the one in center of the community. We personally witnessed at least 3 weddings there-- but from the outside of the church, to where the celebration spreads after the mass. The entire city seems to be participating in the nuptials, dancing and watching the fireworks that conclude the festivities. While we never entered the chapel during a wedding mass, less polite tourists probably pop into them once in a while, as the church is is a tourist attraction itself. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attract...Domingo_de_Guzman-Oaxaca_Southern_Mexico.html

I want to thank you for posting this! That makes me feel better about the validity of her page.

I also looked into her friends, and while some seemed to be public figures (easy to populate friends lists), many seemed legitamite. Also, on JR's FB, at one point he mentioned meeting up with friends of hers in Mexico (Cancun area?) to help him with the search. I didn't realize she had friends there- it makes the trip a little more understandable. I wonder how she has so many contacts in MX. Maybe she decided to stay?? I only hope.

I am a little confused...is she married. She doesn't have a relationship status and the other is single. Maybe they were recently married??

Lisa,

I am a little confused...is she married. She doesn't have a relationship status and the other is single. Maybe they were recently married??

Lisa,

I think they are. It also seems like he works at a company for a year and then leaves. I wonder if he had life insurance on her since she was unemployed.

Now in regards to the Facebook friends. You would think she have more Chinese friends. I only seen 1 from south korea. Idk.

A few days ago CN responded to someone that posting on SM in Cancun is irrelevant since Jenny didn't make it that far. They know that because of the investigation. Today someone asked how they know she didn't make it to Cancun if they don't know where the truck went (I'm sure we were all wondering this too!). JR responds that they will know more when they talk to drivers this week. From that response, I assume that they really DON'T know that she didn't make it to Cancun. So why would CN say that informing people in Cancun isn't necessary?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...d=623325254509189&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}

I think they are. It also seems like he works at a company for a year and then leaves. I wonder if he had life insurance on her since she was unemployed.

Now in regards to the Facebook friends. You would think she have more Chinese friends. I only seen 1 from south korea. Idk.
Thanks, I am going back to read the page since I read late last night and I remember being a little confused on some things being posted....but it was very late.

Lisa,

I agree they are married. I want to say in 2011 or 2012, but I'm to lazy to go back and look. He posted and removed wedding photos on the Find Jenny page. Her residency status would indicate they are married I think.

I don't think China allows Facebook, but she may be on a Chinese language SM. Regarding a previous comment about FB friends in Mexico, I have assumed those were people she met on this trip, but I could be wrong.

A few days ago CN responded to someone that posting on SM in Cancun is irrelevant since Jenny didn't make it that far. They know that because of the investigation. Today someone asked how they know she didn't make it to Cancun if they don't know where the truck went (I'm sure we were all wondering this too!). JR responds that they will know more when they talk to drivers this week. From that response, I assume that they really DON'T know that she didn't make it to Cancun. So why would CN say that informing people in Cancun isn't necessary?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...d=623325254509189&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}
I think there are answers in Cancun... unfortunately, I think it would take an independent investigator to find them. And I don't think there will be an independent investigation. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members