Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that on January 5 of this year Jenny says her FB page was hacked. She talks about changing her profile picture hoping it will make her account more secure. A friend welcomes her back to FB. The first post is a squirrel photo in Sept. 2015. I wonder if she has another page somewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/jennycqd/posts/202413513437494

I think there are answers in Cancun... unfortunately, I think it would take an independent investigator to find them. And I don't think there will be an independent investigation. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I wish I didn't have to agree...but I do. :(

I agree they are married. I want to say in 2011 or 2012, but I'm to lazy to go back and look. He posted and removed wedding photos on the Find Jenny page. Her residency status would indicate they are married I think.

I don't think China allows Facebook, but she may be on a Chinese language SM. Regarding a previous comment about FB friends in Mexico, I have assumed those were people she met on this trip, but I could be wrong.
His status says single. She doesn't have a marital status. Just a little weird to me.
I hope she is found soon. I know they have a PI, the name was posted but it was noted that he was expensive and funds were low. I can only imagine the cost in the states.

Lisa,
Old Reader/Newbie Posting

I think there are answers in Cancun... unfortunately, I think it would take an independent investigator to find them. And I don't think there will be an independent investigation. [emoji20]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I was reading an MSM article yesterday (sorry I don't have the link on my phone) that said she was supposed to meet him at the airport in Cancun. I thought that was weird (maybe it was a typo). It seems to make more sense to meet at the hotel, or were they supposed to stay at a friend's? So many details haven't been disclosed. It's not like his attorney is asking him not to speak about it, since as far as we know, he hasn't retained one.

His status says single. She doesn't have a marital status. Just a little weird to me.
I hope she is found soon. I know they have a PI, the name was posted but it was noted that he was expensive and funds were low. I can only imagine the cost in the states.

Lisa,

I agree that it's very strange about their FB status. I have a sense that their relationship is unusual, even though I do believe they are married.

By the way, welcome, Lisa! :greetings:

I agree that it's very strange about their FB status. I have a sense that their relationship is unusual, even though I do believe they are married.

By the way, welcome, Lisa! :greetings:
Thanks, and yeah just trying to fit the pieces in the puzzle(lots of catch up reading) but sometimes the puzzle goes together even with a piece or two missing.

Lisa,

A few days ago CN responded to someone that posting on SM in Cancun is irrelevant since Jenny didn't make it that far. They know that because of the investigation. Today someone asked how they know she didn't make it to Cancun if they don't know where the truck went (I'm sure we were all wondering this too!). JR responds that they will know more when they talk to drivers this week. From that response, I assume that they really DON'T know that she didn't make it to Cancun. So why would CN say that informing people in Cancun isn't necessary?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...d=623325254509189&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}

Exactly what I had been thinking after seeing the double "she didn't make it that far [to Cancun]" posts. And that they know this "because of the investigation"?
Reading that gave me a hopeful charge. Ah, they know something. What did they learn, I had wondered. But now, I wonder if that had been a misstatement.

I'm glad that one person asked on the HFJ page what we were all wondering, like you said. I mean, yeah, couldn't it be possible she did make it to Cancun, and THEN something happened to her before she was able to meet up with her husband?

Exactly what I had been thinking after seeing the double "she didn't make it that far [to Cancun]" posts. And that they know this "because of the investigation"?
Reading that gave me a hopeful charge. Ah, they know something. What did they learn, I had wondered. But now, I wonder if that had been a misstatement.

I'm glad that one person asked on the HFJ page what we were all wondering, like you said. I mean, yeah, couldn't it be possible she did make it to Cancun, and THEN something happened to her before she was able to meet up with her husband?

....or after?

Looks like JR is planning his "4th trip to MX." He doesn't say exactly when he'll be there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/

I'm hoping he spends some time in Cancun, even though the "investigation" knows she didn't make it that far. How "far" did she make it?

There was some chatter on the FB page about the note with her handwriting that was found at the last place she stayed (has been discussed a few pages back), and when people tried to decipher Jenny's entries, CN commented a couple of times that the contents of the note don't matter. I think everything matters, especially that note! That's the only piece of evidence they've found, aside from the Corona truck. She's not in Cancun, her notes don't matter. I wouldn't expect these responses. I don't get it.

Another bit of info that either CN or JR disclosed was that there was only one driver/occupant in the Corona truck (perhaps this was already discussed here). Somebody said that usually there would be at least one more person to guard the truck, but this one did not. If that's true, it could get ugly for that driver.

Looks like JR is planning his "4th trip to MX." He doesn't say exactly when he'll be there.

I'm hoping he spends some time in Cancun, even though the "investigation" knows she didn't make it that far. How "far" did she make it?

There was some chatter on the FB page about the note with her handwriting that was found at the last place she stayed (has been discussed a few pages back), and when people tried to decipher Jenny's entries, CN commented a couple of times that the contents of the note don't matter. I think everything matters, especially that note! That's the only piece of evidence they've found, aside from the Corona truck. She's not in Cancun, her notes don't matter. I wouldn't expect these responses. I don't get it.

Another bit of info that either CN or JR disclosed was that there was only one driver/occupant in the Corona truck (perhaps this was already discussed here). Somebody said that usually there would be at least one more person to guard the truck, but this one did not. If that's true, it could get ugly for that driver.

I think cn is like the admin or unverified spokesperson for him.

It could be Jenny. Lol.

But seriously. Jenny is no longer in any pictures for her last 4 days there or so.

You would think she would have took departing pictures and possibly a picture of the Corona truck and uploaded this stuff on the 12th.

I think cn is like the admin or unverified spokesperson for him.

It could be Jenny. Lol.

But seriously. Jenny is no longer in any pictures for her last 4 days there or so.

You would think she would have took departing pictures and possibly a picture of the Corona truck and uploaded this stuff on the 12th.
BBM

That's a good point, Dex, that she didn't post a photo of the truck. She was pretty thorough in her postings. Either she didn't ride in the truck, didn't take a photo for some reason, or never had a chance to post it.

Yes, the last picture she posted (that I know of) was on April 11, the day she was supposed to leave to meet him. He stated that she was to meet him on April 15, and as you said, no contact or pictures posted during her 4 day trip, which is why he believes something happened to her perhaps on the first day of hitch-hiking.

I'm glad you said that because it does reinforce a timeline somewhat, however as somebody posted above (or was it on FB?) she might not have had any reception during the trip to Cancun... Or did she lose her phone? I don't know! :thinking:

JR says he will be with a "team", not alone, in response to someone telling him to be careful. It will be interesting if he gets to speak to the driver or drivers.

I thought shutting down the discussion of the contents of the notebook page was odd too. Personally, I don't think Jenny wrote anything but her name, although JR said he recognized her writing on part of it. Every detail is worth looking at carefully, not dismissing. When you do that, people aren't inclined to brainstorm and make helpful suggestions.

I wonder if it's possible that the second person on the truck was not visible to the witnesses. I'm never too confidence about eyewitnesses. JMO

Yes, the last picture she posted (that I know of) was on April 11, the day she was supposed to leave to meet him. He stated that she was to meet him on April 15, and as you said, no contact or pictures posted during her 4 day trip, which is why he believes something happened to her perhaps on the first day of hitch-hiking.

I'm glad you said that because it does reinforce a timeline somewhat, however as somebody posted above (or was it on FB?) she might not have had any reception during the trip to Cancun... Or did she lose her phone? I don't know! :thinking:

Agree. But I think she was suppose to leave on the 12th. Which means she should have posted a final Oxca.... pic on the 12th. While stating something like I'm going to Cancun to meet hubby. It will take some days to get there. Then post a pic of the Corona truck or something. It seems like she never was out on the 12th at all. Jmo.

I notice that on January 5 of this year Jenny says her FB page was hacked. She talks about changing her profile picture hoping it will make her account more secure. A friend welcomes her back to FB. The first post is a squirrel photo in Sept. 2015. I wonder if she has another page somewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/jennycqd/posts/202413513437494

She also posted a pic of 8 family members on a bike and mentioned how she missed the days of cramming in a small car with her big family.

But I'm not seeing her family anywhere in regards to this. Very strange. Were they asked to help speak to the Chinese consulate in Mexico on behalf of Jenny.

I guess the last contact JR had with Jenny was with a text on April 11. And this is what he said, according to the GoErie article (bolded by me):
Reinhard said she texted him on April 11 from Oaxaca in western Mexico and told him she would be out of contact for a few days while she traveled across the country to Cancun.

So, you still have to ask why she might have said that. Was it that she planned on going in another direction and didn't want him to know? Or, a simple case where she knew she'd have to hurry her way to Cancun, and it sometimes took a long time just to catch a ride? Or....? We haven't seen that text, so we also don't know the actual wording---maybe JR misinterpreted what she wrote, or the newspaper reported what he said inaccurately.

http://www.goerie.com/article/20160...rmer-erie-man-says-wife-disappeared-in-mexico

? I cant remember did she post on her page about almost being raped or was that posted on the find jenny page because it was sent as a text only? I also remember something about her phone/phone number. I really don't want to go back and read the page but might read since my brain seems to have dumped all the info I read. Sigh.

newbie poster

I guess the last contact JR had with Jenny was with a text on April 11. And this is what he said, according to the GoErie article (bolded by me):

So, you still have to ask why she might have said that. Was it that she planned on going in another direction and didn't want him to know? Or, a simple case where she knew she'd have to hurry her way to Cancun, and it sometimes took a long time just to catch a ride? Or....? We haven't seen that text, so we also don't know the actual wording---maybe JR misinterpreted what she wrote, or the newspaper reported what he said inaccurately.

http://www.goerie.com/article/20160...rmer-erie-man-says-wife-disappeared-in-mexico

I really don't believe him at the moment. It's like she was posting her trip to herself on Facebook. Her hubby never posted on anything in regards to her trip on Facebook. I never seen him reply Be Careful on not 1 of her uploaded pics from Mexico. He never was concerned about her almost kidnap and raped neither.

Bottom line. The entire her updating het facebook page during her trip while no one seemed to follow or care including her husband; Just seemed fake. So I don't trust what hubby said she told him since she never mentions hubby not one time while she was in Mexico.

She mentions a family who doesn't flush toilets to save water. But never mentions who she is talking to on Facebook. Its like she is posting updates to people who don't exist and she knows it. But the person (her husband) who does exist; She doesn't post squat to him on Facebook during het trip at all. Jmo.

One more thing. It seems like Jenny loves any and everybody that she comes across. And she seems to want to remember them and her experiences with them.

But this social person only has 34 friends on Facebook. But she never directly replies to none of them.

Very strange. Jmo.

Btw. Has the fun loving Jenny ever replied to any of her Facebook friends on their page?

Especially since she chose facebook to be her diary for this trip?

So my question is. Who has Jenny ever conversated with on Facebook. And why use it as her trip diary if she has no real facebook friends that care.

Btw. Hubby was checking her Facebook for updates. But hubby never replied to her Mexico /Facebook posts?

Especially if they were meeting down there soon.

Come on.
Now twitter and instagram is one thing. But Facebook is totally different. Jmo

One more thing. It seems like Jenny loves any and everybody that she comes across. And she seems to want to remember them and her experiences with them.

But this social person only has 34 friends on Facebook. But she never directly replies to none of them.

Very strange. Jmo.

Btw. Has the fun loving Jenny ever replied to any of her Facebook friends on their page?

Especially since she chose facebook to be her diary for this trip?

So my question is. Who has Jenny ever conversated with on Facebook. And why use it as her trip diary if she has no real facebook friends that care.

Btw. Hubby was checking her Facebook for updates. But hubby never replied to her Mexico /Facebook posts?

Especially if they were meeting down there soon.

Come on.
Now twitter and instagram is one thing. But Facebook is totally different. Jmo

Good points! There seems to be only 1 person (maybe 2) who actually comments on her pictures like they know her. And before her trip, there was the friend who said it's good to have you back. Lillibet commented that maybe her account was hacked and she opened a new account, which is probably true, but I took it as she hadn't been on FB in a long time. I personally took a few years off and have as few friends as she does (I just cannot stand FB, and have stealthy privacy settings), and a few people made that same comment when I came back to post a picture. I don't find her FB communications TOO terribly out of the ordinary.

We've seen and heard about a text that she sent a friend, but I haven't heard of any more. JR has stated that she bought a SIM card in MX to contact her friends/fam. I am sorry, but I don't recall if we know for a fact that she didn't call or text him? I would think they'd check in with each other if he were planning to fly all the way down to meet her, but maybe not? Personally, my DH has done that a few times, so I don't think it's impossible.

I'm trying to be open minded! But wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member