Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw. Is this Couchsurfing thing free? She was staying with poor families who could use money. But there's no mention of atm withdrawals or credit card usage to pay for things. So did she only use cash and pull out a wad in front of poor folks.

Now in all honesty. I wonder if she ever was with a Corona driver. Especially since the truck shows up on a Google street view. I would have my p.i searching the last house she was in.

Or the fbi should see if his alibis in the United States check out. Jmo. We always look at the hubby first until an alibi checks out at least.

So let's not make this case any different. Jmo

Couchsurfing is free. Basically you offer your couch to someone to crash on for a few days while also offering your couch to any others coming to the area. You're able to chat with people before okaying the setup. I looked into it while planning a trip to save money on hotel costs, but decided with my luck, I'd end up on crazy's couch. I have several friends who use the service and have never had a bad experience, but they are very particular about who they stay with and who they allow to stay.

I also think it's easy to turn a blind on to the husband because she was doing something most would deem risky. But I also think it's a very convenient story.

I can't get over her staying in touch with friends during the trip but not her husband. I think there's a lot we are not being told...

ETA

Here's a thought... what if she actually did make it to Cancun, and did see her husband there... something happens... he returns to the US and a few days later reports her missing and says she never showed up?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'm very curious as to whether there was ever a plan to meet up in Cancun. I also think it's possible she could have voluntarily skipped the meet up knowing she was enjoying life without the husband. I do wonder how "on board" with the idea the husband was with her trip. Maybe he wasn't too happy about it but thought she'd change her mind quickly and come home. Or maybe he went to Cancun in hopes to lure her back home and was angry when she wanted to continue the trip.

I also think she could have run into trouble with a complete stranger and wasn't alive to make it to Cancun. Or she could have met a handsome younger fellow in Mexico and is now shacked up with him. I'm all over the place with this one.

You're on a roll today, Dex! :D I expect your posts are exactly what most of us are thinking. I've been concerned about the PI too, although I suppose JR has to trust someone.

I still have trouble with JR going home when Jenny didn't show up in Cancun. I don't know how long he stayed around, but he went back to Mexico the end of April, so he couldn't have stayed there long, initially. What was he doing while he was in Cancun and has LE accounted for that time? The hotel should be able to verify his presence while waiting for Jenny to show up. I try not to project what I would do onto other people, but in this situation I just can't imagine leaving the country. Why would LE and the U.S. and Chinese embassies or consulates take him seriously if he's back in Seattle so soon? Everything he has done online could have been done from Mexico, boots on the ground, with a hired translator, if necessary. JMO

Another thing is that I think it's very unwise for them to put ALL their efforts into the Corona truck. Just because several eyewitnesses "saw" Jenny get into that truck and heard a conversation with the driver, it does not mean it was Jenny. Witnesses "see" missing people all the time, and are mostly mistaken IMO, and even more when it is someone of a different race. I hope they are investigating along the route the driver supposedly took. Whoever was riding with him had to get out to use a restroom and eat. And who brought her from Oaxaca City to the location she supposedly got on the truck?

I hope they find her, alive and well, but the longer this goes on, the less I think that will happen, sadly. :( JMO

BBM: This X 100,000,000,000,000

Looking at Jenny's personal FB page, I'm struck by how seldom JR likes or comments on her posts. It's so strange. There's a huge disconnect IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/jennycqd

Going back through the thread, I'm still intrigued by the 4/7/16 IRS lien discussion starting with post 237. And it's not his first rodeo with IRS tax liens.

But on the Find Jenny FB page JR comments in disgust "love to see our tax dollars at work" when he doesn't get the help he feels entitled to receive. Really? :thinking:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/605761972932184/

And "why do I pay taxes?" Ummmmmm...:shutup:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...=607333526108362&comment_tracking={"tn":"R8"}

Btw. Is this Couchsurfing thing free? She was staying with poor families who could use money. But there's no mention of atm withdrawals or credit card usage to pay for things. So did she only use cash and pull out a wad in front of poor folks.

Now in all honesty. I wonder if she ever was with a Corona driver. Especially since the truck shows up on a Google street view. I would have my p.i searching the last house she was in.

Or the fbi should see if his alibis in the United States check out. Jmo. We always look at the hubby first until an alibi checks out at least.

So let's not make this case any different. Jmo

DexterMorgan, this is exactly what I was thinking, my hinky meter went way up and turned 360* when I first read about Jenny. I pray I am wrong.

Someone on the Find Jenny FB page suggested spreading the word on social media groups that might be relevant such as in Cancun. The very firm reply (posted twice) is that Cancun is not relevant because Jenny never made it to Cancun according to the investigation.

I wonder if that information was determined by LE or the PI. How would they know for sure that she never got to Cancun if they don't know where she went after she was allegedly seen getting a ride on a Corona truck?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...d=622094071298974&comment_tracking={"tn":"R"}

Last time I was on here, JR was broke. He must have had an influx of donations to have a team on it. I wonder if it has ever occurred to him that this PI is just scamming him for money. I wonder if there is a PI.

Last time I was on here, JR was broke. He must have had an influx of donations to have a team on it. I wonder if it has ever occurred to him that this PI is just scamming him for money. I wonder if there is a PI.

I'm glad you said this, because I was also wondering if this PI exists. Even with the McCanns, they disclosed the name of the agency, though those PIs turned out to be frauds, at least the media was able to check in with them. How did he find this PI, I wonder. This case is the strangest I've ever followed and I can't shake the feeling that it's a hoax. Maybe that's wishful thinking.

When I googled the PI name, his name came up in interesting story on an old feature of CBS's 48 Hours show, aired back in 2004. It was about a set of identical twins who did not know of each other, finding each other by chance. The 48 Hours show people hired this Mexican PI (or at least one with the same name) to locate the bio mom in Guadalajara, her last known address. He found her, but she turned out to be in CA by that time, some 20 years later.

It doesn't ensure the ethicality of him, but maybe it does provide some measure of legitimacy?

I get what you all are saying. So many things are just so odd in this missing person case.

Oh forgive me, I didn't realize he disclosed his PI's name...?

Oh forgive me, I didn't realize he disclosed his PI's name...?

I know I saw it somewhere, but couldn't remember where. Found it on his site. He says he's hiring the top investigator in Mexico City, Fernando Molina.

JR posted on the site that they are getting access to the Corona truck drivers. Will be good to see if this leads somewhere.

I think this may be Fernando Molina's website: http://www.incomer.com.mx/

I found the link here: https://twicial.com/MexicoPI

Missing Persons doesn't appear on their list of services, though there is an "and more" category... I think I'd want to hire a company with expertise in missing persons, and just a quick google search did show some agencies in Mexico, but I didn't vet them. I wonder if this agency was recommended by MX LE?

I haven’t seen any influx of donations. The first couple of weeks, he collected almost $7,000. The last month he has collected about $1,000. I’m pretty sure he is spending money quicker then that.

JR posted on his Help Find Jenny FB page that the Oaxaca police are "stalling" and he requires their permission to interview the Corona drivers, but the prosecutor is not answering his calls. I wonder why he feels they would stall? I kind of think I'd show up at their office, rather than rely on phone calls, but is he actually in Mexico? If so, he needs bang on their doors. https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/

JR posted on his Help Find Jenny FB page that the Oaxaca police are "stalling" and he requires their permission to interview the Corona drivers, but the prosecutor is not answering his calls. I wonder why he feels they would stall? I kind of think I'd show up at their office, rather than rely on phone calls, but is he actually in Mexico? If so, he needs bang on their doors. https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/

I don't believe he is in Mexico, but is relying on his PI. Would the prosecutor require a bribe before granting permission? Quite frankly, if I were the prosecutor I would be delaying while getting legal advice about whether it's even permissible to give permission for non-LE to interview these drivers before there has been an investigation by LE. Oaxaca State (not city) police should be the ones to do the interviews first and determine if there is any information about Jenny. If the driver dropped her off somewhere, hopefully the PI can pick up the trail. If there turns out to be evidence of a crime, it would be in the hands of LE, not the PI. JMO and I have no idea how things are done in Mexico.

I hope Corona's parent company is providing legal advice and representation to the drivers in this case. Since JR immediately called the driver a "suspect" it could get really dicey for the driver if he has done nothing wrong and simply did Jenny a favor. The driver may not even know how high profile this case has become, may not be too savvy, and he could be pressured by LE or the PI into admitting to something that didn't happen. I would hope the drivers have an attorney present during questioning. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214