Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JR posted this evening that Corona is helping with the investigation and he is pleased so far with their assistance. He will have more information at the end of the week. I assume that would be tomorrow or Saturday. He says this wouldn't have been possible without everyone's help. I hope he gets some leads one way or another.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/624948871013494/

Want to make a bet that his end of the week post will say something like, Corona is playing games again and not helping us, please send them e-mails, to make them cooperate.

It seems he is only looking at the driver of the corona truck based on a witness. I do hope he gets answers.

newbie poster

Just read through some of this thread for the first time.

Lots of good discussion on this case.

JMO

Not much to add than what has already been said by others. I first thought it may be elaborate scheme but since others are being brought into the investigation like a PI and the media hype I have to think that this is a real missing person that made some poor choices.

Even if we disagree with the choices and so long as its a real missing case then praying that she is found safe.
It doesnt sound good at all though.

The part that is disturbing in the FB is rubbing people the wrong way is sometimes not a good idea when they are the people that can help. Like blasting the beer company or blasting the LE is not such a good idea since we would need their help. The flipside of that though is I can understand why it may happen when a person doesnt get the help they think they need then I suppose its human nature to lash out at them. So I guess I can see why things may have unfolded the way they are unfolding.

Lots of lessons to be learned with this case. Just hope she is found safe.

Its a very difficult case and things don't sound promising. We probably just need to keep hoping and praying for a positive outcome.
They do seem to be getting quite a bit of media coverage in Mexico and maybe they will get a lead that works out there.

Just read through some of this thread for the first time.

Lots of good discussion on this case.

JMO

Not much to add than what has already been said by others. I first thought it may be elaborate scheme but since others are being brought into the investigation like a PI and the media hype I have to think that this is a real missing person that made some poor choices.

Even if we disagree with the choices and so long as its a real missing case then praying that she is found safe.
It doesnt sound good at all though.

The part that is disturbing in the FB is rubbing people the wrong way is sometimes not a good idea when they are the people that can help. Like blasting the beer company or blasting the LE is not such a good idea since we would need their help. The flipside of that though is I can understand why it may happen when a person doesnt get the help they think they need then I suppose its human nature to lash out at them. So I guess I can see why things may have unfolded the way they are unfolding.

Lots of lessons to be learned with this case. Just hope she is found safe.

Its a very difficult case and things don't sound promising. We probably just need to keep hoping and praying for a positive outcome.
They do seem to be getting quite a bit of media coverage in Mexico and maybe they will get a lead that works out there.
Yeah, I wish he could have stayed in the area vs flying back and forth. I think this is his 4th visit to Mexico.

newbie poster

Imo. I think it's easier to pay for missing person articles to be ran on some Mexico news press in rural areas then it is in the United States.

Because most United States press can not run a story without the missing persons report.

But imo. Jonathan wanted as much exploitation that he could get within the United States.

So why isn't he here on Websleuths with his journey as well as Facebook.

Hopefully Jennys mental physician can shed some light on things.

Thanks Lilibet for finding her other social media outlets. It definitely does help to see her comments. Thank you.

Lilibet. The funny thing is that Jenny was way more descriptive on her weibo page than Facebook. Jmo.

Thanks to your links. I see that her weibo page was her diary for this trip.

But can you please tell me which date she last posted on Weibo.

Because I see April 5th or so where she actually comments.

But maybe i can't see the whole site. Thanks.

Lilibet. The funny thing is that Jenny was way more descriptive on her weibo page than Facebook. Jmo.

Thanks to your links. I see that her weibo page was her diary for this trip.

But can you please tell me which date she last posted on Weibo.

Because I see April 5th or so where she actually comments.

But maybe i can't see the whole site. Thanks.

I only see weibo up to April 5 also, Dex. That's the day she said she made the decision to hitchhike to Cancun after almost being raped the day before. We know that wasn't the day she left. Her last FB is April 11, the day she left Oaxaca. However, there's a gap on FB from a post on April 3 to a post on April 9. I also noticed that her weibo posts are a few days behind some of her FB posts FWIW. It makes it hard to figure out a timeline.

Husband of missing woman optimistic — Jenny Chen of Seattle was last seen in April in Oaxaca

http://nwasianweekly.com/2016/06/hu...-of-seattle-was-last-seen-in-april-in-oaxaca/

No new info, but an article from Northwest Asian Weekly.

... but, it lead me to this article in the comments section:

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzI...rom=timeline&isappinstalled=0#wechat_redirect

Chinese Embassy in Mexico to assist in finding lost to compatriots in full

It appears her parents from China visited Mexico at the end of May to find answers??? And that Jenny is still hitchhiking through the south of Mexico??

Hmmmm.... Jonathan didn't say anything about that.

JR posted this article on the FB page tonight.

http://nwasianweekly.com/2016/06/hu...-of-seattle-was-last-seen-in-april-in-oaxaca/

JR says: “I firmly believe we’ll have some answers in the next 30 to 60 days.”

“They’re finally allowing us access,” said Reinhard of Grupo Modelo, Corona’s parent company. “We had to get the police, Corona, my investigator, and myself all together on one phone call, and Corona is finally saying, ‘OK, let’s work with you.’”

Because she’s not a citizen yet, her husband said it has been difficult getting help from the U.S. State Department. And he feels the Chinese authorities have not done much either.

In a comment on the article linked above, I found this article talking about Jenny's parents visiting Mexico and getting help from the Chinese embassy and authorities. There are photos of her parents meeting with staff. Why haven't you EVER mentioned this, JR?!!! It's quite clear that both the Chinese Embassy AND Jenny's parents have been very involved in the search for Jenny.

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzI...rom=timeline&isappinstalled=0#wechat_redirect

Partial Google Translation using this link and pasting Chinese characters into it. https://translate.google.com/m/translate?hl=en

Chinese Embassy to assist in finding lost to compatriots in full
2016-06-10 Chinese Embassy in Mexico

Since April of this year, Wenzhou girl Chen lost to tourism in Mexico's news affects the majority of overseas Chinese heart. Chinese Embassy in Mexico attaches great importance to that situation, we have maintained close contact with Chen's family, and the first time the southern Mexican state governments and contacted the police, informed of the situations and urged the country to help find Chen. The end of May, Chen's parents came to the assistance of the Embassy of Mexico. Yao Fei Counselor and Consul Li Shu accompanied them have visited Oaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and other state police departments to understand the progress of the search for work. In addition, the Embassy also hired a Spanish translation, accompanied by Chen's parents. Chinese Embassy in Mexico at the height of the stage that situation, the Embassy will maintain close contact with the southern Mexico State police, to expand the scope of the search through local radio, television, Internet and other channels for the early to find the whereabouts of Chen. Invited all Chinese and Mexican brigade to give valuable support to the embassy in Mexico Chinese personnel, if found valuable clues, please inform Embassy collar Bao Mobile: 5520936210 immediately.

ith Chen 's family , and the first time the southern Mexican state governments and contacted the police , informed of the situation and urged the country to help find Chen. The end of May , Chen 's parents came to the assistance of the Embassy of Mexico . Yao Fei Counselor and Consul Li Shu accompanied them have visited Oaxaca , Chiapas , Tabasco and other state police departments to understand the progress of the searworkIn

Husband of missing woman optimistic — Jenny Chen of Seattle was last seen in April in Oaxaca

No new info, but an article from Northwest Asian Weekly.

... but, it lead me to this article in the comments section:

Chinese Embassy in Mexico to assist in finding lost to compatriots in full

It appears her parents from China visited Mexico at the end of May to find answers??? And that Jenny is still hitchhiking through the south of Mexico??

Hmmmm.... Jonathan didn't say anything about that.

i guess we both have insomnia and are posting at the same time! :D I don't see a link in that comment stating that the Mexican police say Jenny was hitchhiking in southern Mexico in May. It could be true, but I'm assuming it's rumor for now. The next comment debunks it, again with no link.

This is what I read:

After much investigation, Mexican police provided encouraging information to prove that Chen is still in late May in the south of Mexico and more hitchhiking trip.

The next phase, the embassy will maintain close contact with the police in southern Mexican states, expand your search through local radio, television, Internet and other channels for the early to find the whereabouts of Chen.

This is what I read:

After much investigation, Mexican police provided encouraging information to prove that Chen is still in late May in the south of Mexico and more hitchhiking trip.

The next phase, the embassy will maintain close contact with the police in southern Mexican states, expand your search through local radio, television, Internet and other channels for the early to find the whereabouts of Chen.

Thanks! Somehow that got lost in Google translation for me. I tried a different translator and voila! There it is! but yours is clearer. What are you using?

Since April of this year, Wenzhou girl Chen has lost the joint news to concern general fellow countryman living abroad in Mexican traveling.Chinese embassy in Mexico knew after thesituation, highly attaching great importance,maintains the close relation with Chen's family member, and contacts various Mexican southState authorities and police departmentsimmediately, the circular related situation, urgingeach region to assist to seek for Chen. At the end of May, Chen's parents go to Mexico with the assistance of embassy. Embassy Counselor YaoFei and Consul Li Shu accompanied them to visitOaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and other state police departments successively, the progress ofunderstanding search work. In addition, theembassy also invested to hire the occidental language translator, parents who accompaniedChen in each region activity. After investigates in every way, Mexican Police have supplied theinspiring information, showed that in late May Chenstill many travelled by vehicle south Mexico thetravel. After knowing the situation, Chen's family member is glad. The search work of embassy alsoobtained Wenzhou Chamber of commercePresident King Chi and vigorous assistance ofChinese Consolidated Benevolent Association Ms.Huo Hongmei, here expressed gratitude to them!

Thanks! Somehow that got lost in Google translation for me. I tried a different translator and voila! There it is! but yours is clearer. What are you using?

Google Translation. It's what popped up and asked me when I opened the page through Google Chrome.

___

This is such a strange turn of events. Why didn't JR get a Chinese translator himself or through his investigator and follow along on the Chinese Embassy trip? It sounds like they know more than he does. Is he not talking to Jenny's family, wth?

Since April of this year, Wenzhou girl Chen has lost the joint news to concern general fellow countryman living abroad in Mexican traveling.Chinese embassy in Mexico knew after thesituation, highly attaching great importance,maintains the close relation with Chen's family member, and contacts various Mexican southState authorities and police departmentsimmediately, the circular related situation, urgingeach region to assist to seek for Chen. At the end of May, Chen's parents go to Mexico with the assistance of embassy. Embassy Counselor YaoFei and Consul Li Shu accompanied them to visitOaxaca, Chiapas, Tabasco and other state police departments successively, the progress ofunderstanding search work. In addition, theembassy also invested to hire the occidental language translator, parents who accompaniedChen in each region activity. After investigates in every way, Mexican Police have supplied theinspiring information, showed that in late May Chenstill many travelled by vehicle south Mexico thetravel. After knowing the situation, Chen's family member is glad. The search work of embassy alsoobtained Wenzhou Chamber of commercePresident King Chi and vigorous assistance ofChinese Consolidated Benevolent Association Ms.Huo Hongmei, here expressed gratitude to them!

it ends with:

The next phase, the embassy will maintain close contact with the police in southern Mexican states, expand your search through local radio, television, Internet and other channels for the early to find the whereabouts of Chen. Invited all Chinese and Mexican brigade continue to give valuable support to the embassy in Mexico Chinese personnel, if found valuable clues, please inform the Embassy (Embassy collar Bao Mobile: 5520936210) immediately.

This just gets odder and curiouser, doesn't it?

I found the link on the Chinese Embassy in Mexico site (Embajada de la República Popular China en México), so it appears legitimate.
http://mx.china-embassy.org/chn/lsfw1/t1371117.htm

JR has taken down the link to that nwasianweekly article from the Help Find page, and I also see that he commented this under that nwasianweekly news piece:
"Jonathan Reinhard says
June 11, 2016 at 6:10 am
Dear C,
The Oaxaca police put on quite a show for Jenny’s parents. How could she be traveling for almost two months without any money?? I have her bank records. These types of stories produced wild rumors with NO substance, and deviate from the true investigation that my legal and investigative team have put together. We need to focus on her last substantiated sighting, which was with the truck company with Corona logos. We are working hard on that PROVEN lead, not silly rumors."

As of right now, on the page the link is still there to the nwasianweekly, on update #56.

Just wanted to add that of course the information comes from the Embassy themselves, but what is interesting is that it sounds like the Embassy gave quite a bit of assistance to Jenny's family. Hasn't JR being saying that they have been of little help?

This just gets odder and curiouser, doesn't it?

I found the link on the Chinese Embassy in Mexico site (Embajada de la República Popular China en México), so it appears legitimate.
http://mx.china-embassy.org/chn/lsfw1/t1371117.htm

JR has taken down the link to that nwasianweekly article from the Help Find page, and I also see that he commented this under that nwasianweekly news piece:
"Jonathan Reinhard says
June 11, 2016 at 6:10 am
Dear C,
The Oaxaca police put on quite a show for Jenny’s parents. How could she be traveling for almost two months without any money?? I have her bank records. These types of stories produced wild rumors with NO substance, and deviate from the true investigation that my legal and investigative team have put together. We need to focus on her last substantiated sighting, which was with the truck company with Corona logos. We are working hard on that PROVEN lead, not silly rumors."

As of right now, on the page the link is still there to the nwasianweekly, on update #56.

Just wanted to add that of course the information comes from the Embassy themselves, but what is interesting is that it sounds like the Embassy gave quite a bit of assistance to Jenny's family. Hasn't JR being saying that they have been of little help?
BBM

Good job verifying the story on the Embassy site and finding JR's comment!

How could Jenny travel almost two months without money? Maybe she has money JR doesn't know about or maybe someone is helping her. She has been very good at getting things for free, by her own admission.

More to the point: Why has he NEVER mentioned that Jenny's parents were in Mexico receiving help from the Chinese Embassy? They visited more than just the Oaxaca police. The article mentioned Chiapas and Tabasco state police also. Did they all "put on a show"? Have JR or his PI talked to those state police?

Maybe because the Embassy is not sticking with JR's version he feels they aren't doing much. The lead about the Corona truck has not been "proven" yet. How are they so sure of the witnesses? LE follows every lead, even if it turns out to be a rumor.

Why would JR take the article down from FB? That screams deception! Why is he hiding information from the people supporting him? Why is his comment on the article so angry? This has been his pattern on FB from the beginning. Why not be gracious and grateful for any help given?
JMO, MOO

Who is this witness? Were they paid??

newbie poster

Good point! Were "rewards" given by the PI for information? Even if the witness(es) gave the information about Jenny getting on the Corona truck out of the kindness of their hearts, they could be wrong. People have enough trouble making a positive ID of someone of their own race, let alone of a different race, weeks after the event. Unless Jenny spoke to the witnesses and identified herself, what makes their information so reliable that JR and his supporters launched a SM campaign to pressure Corona?
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member