Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he knows?

newbie poster

Are you wondering if JR knows Jenny's family came to Mexico? I suppose it's possible that there has been zero communication. That in itself seems odd to me.

Dunno... but I sure see why she might have wanted to leave...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Or why she might have not wanted to go back. Not that I think she is willingly or intentionally not communicating with her friends and family. However if that does turn out to be the case, I dont know if I'd blame her if she didn't want to go back to their home in Seattle after all of this. If they even live together. JMO

I noticed there is a new photo of "the team" up. Not even going to attempt to post from my phone via an app. I am a little surprised that CA wasn't in the pic.

Sorry! (apologizing for my oops in advance)
Old Lurker, New Poster

This just gets odder and curiouser, doesn't it?

I found the link on the Chinese Embassy in Mexico site (Embajada de la República Popular China en México), so it appears legitimate.
http://mx.china-embassy.org/chn/lsfw1/t1371117.htm

JR has taken down the link to that nwasianweekly article from the Help Find page, and I also see that he commented this under that nwasianweekly news piece:
"Jonathan Reinhard says
June 11, 2016 at 6:10 am
Dear C,
The Oaxaca police put on quite a show for Jenny’s parents. How could she be traveling for almost two months without any money?? I have her bank records. These types of stories produced wild rumors with NO substance, and deviate from the true investigation that my legal and investigative team have put together. We need to focus on her last substantiated sighting, which was with the truck company with Corona logos. We are working hard on that PROVEN lead, not silly rumors."

As of right now, on the page the link is still there to the nwasianweekly, on update #56.

Just wanted to add that of course the information comes from the Embassy themselves, but what is interesting is that it sounds like the Embassy gave quite a bit of assistance to Jenny's family. Hasn't JR being saying that they have been of little help?

It sounds to me like JR is out of the loop. This matter is being handled between her Chinese family, the Chinese Embassy in Mexico, and the Mexican police, and none of them are talking to JR. JR is running his own little separate private investigation using donated funds, which is not making much progress. Honestly I hope that people stop donating to that fund. I think it’s a wast of money. I think JR is less then mentally competent to be running any investigation IMHO.

I am reminded of the story of the blind men and the elephant. I would love to hear more from her parents!

It sounds to me like JR is out of the loop. This matter is being handled between her Chinese family, the Chinese Embassy in Mexico, and the Mexican police, and none of them are talking to JR. JR is running his own little separate private investigation using donated funds, which is not making much progress. Honestly I hope that people stop donating to that fund. I think it’s a wast of money. I think JR is less then mentally competent to be running any investigation IMHO.

Totally agree on all counts. Honestly I find it reassuring for Jenny that JR isn't the only one looking for her. Looks like her parents took the logical and reasonable route of working with the appropriate authorities on the ground. And they didn't even set up a ******** to cover their airfare. ;)

I noticed there is a new photo of "the team" up. Not even going to attempt to post from my phone via an app. I am a little surprised that CA wasn't in the pic.

Sorry! (apologizing for my oops in advance)
Old Lurker, New Poster

Thanks! I thought I had posted this team photo earlier, but I don't see it. :) Do you mean CN? I'm not sure what role she plays except on FB helping pressure Corona, but it is a little surprising not to see her with the Corona team.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/626070274234687/

Hi! I've been following along here since the beginning, but haven't been around much in the past few weeks. I completely agree with what you all have been saying the past few days. It was obvious that something was off with the husband and the whole situation from the beginning. I really hope it's a case that she used him to get to the US and she is now missing by choice. Unfortunately, I'm afraid her own inexperience and naivety caused her to do some pretty dumb things in Mexico that have caused her to disappear.

Why does JR need to spend money on a lawyer? Seems likely the lawyer is just taking advantage of his stupidity. IMO

ETA: Why does this thread title say "endangered American"??

Hi! I've been following along here since the beginning, but haven't been around much in the past few weeks. I completely agree with what you all have been saying the past few days. It was obvious that something was off with the husband and the whole situation from the beginning. I really hope it's a case that she used him to get to the US and she is now missing by choice. Unfortunately, I'm afraid her own inexperience and naivety caused her to do some pretty dumb things in Mexico that have caused her to disappear.

Why does JR need to spend money on a lawyer? Seems likely the lawyer is just taking advantage of his stupidity. IMO

ETA: Why does this thread title say "endangered American"??
BBM

Glad you're back, Claire. :) JR was advised on FB to get a Mexican attorney by people who understand the Mexican legal system. So it probably will help, since he's so clueless, impatient and abrasive. JMO

I think originally Jenny may have been referred to in the MSM as an endangered American. JR indicated she might have been kidnapped and the originally was to raise money for ransom IIRC. I'm not sure what the thread should call her now!

If he is going about his investigation separately from Jenny's parents, I hope that he is at least sharing with them all the information he finds out along the way. It's really unfortunate they aren't working together to find her. How sad.

Way back on on April 27 on the Help Find page, under an entry made in Spanish, JR got strangely defensive when someone simply asked if there was someone from her family or his who could go with him to Mexico (for support). He responded oddly, in my mind. He said the poster was being negative and added, "shame on you".

It came back to me now because I think maybe the reaction is borne out of the fact that perhaps her parents and he don't relate or have a good rapport with each other. Language barrier, culture, temperament differences? Maybe they blame him for her going missing?

I just saw on the Help Find page: JR will give details tomorrow---presumably of what he has learned on this fourth visit down to Mexico. He was en route home when he wrote that.

this might have been discussed before but, here i go into the deep end...
any chances their marriage was an arragement? she pays him x amount of $$ to marry and as a way to get a green card
that could explain why they seem so detached from each other, to the point that she was willing to travel by herself

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

That was quick! He just got to Mexico City yesterday morning and now he's back in LA. I guess he accomplished what he came to do...meet with Corona and hire an attorney. I wonder if Corona gave them the driver's name.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/626275907547457/

Lol. He may have left quickly once he realized that the Mexican authorities suspect him of lying while besmirching their efforts.

Btw. Jenny mentioned possibly going back to her psychiatrist. Plus it's obvious that poor Jenny was off her meds. So I wonder if hubby took advantage of her mental/possibly bipolar condition and tricked her into thinking that she should travel alone to these places to face her fears (with the hopes of her getting killed or abducted while he has access to her banking accounts or something ).

Idk.

I think your theory is a bit of a stretch, Dex. :) But I do agree that there may have been some sort of mental problem Jenny may have struggled with. There's no shame in that, and I could be totally wrong. I think Jenny's own actions have more to do with her disappearance than JR's. I don't think he did anything to her. He's aroused suspicion because he's her husband and he's been so angry and abrasive, but that doesn't make him guilty of anything other than being off-putting. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste