Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
American dollars!?!?!?! How much was this fund at it's peak?!?

$8,290 of $15k. I believe about $7,000 of that was collected in the first few weeks and it has been steadily slowing down since that time.

I don’t expect he will get a lot more money from it. Because 1. most people who are sympathetic to his case, have probably already given as much as they can afford, and 2. I don’t think people are buying his story as much as they were in the beginning.

$8,290 of $15k. I believe about $7,000 of that was collected in the first few weeks and it has been steadily slowing down since that time.

I don’t expect he will get a lot more money from it. Because 1. most people who are sympathetic to his case, have probably already given as much as they can afford, and 2. I don’t think people are buying his story as much as they were in the beginning.

I agree. He has already spent most or all of the money he collected early on, so the little bit trickling in now will not pay his PI and attorney. They must be very nice people to continue working just on the promise of payment.

Agree. She may have recapped things a day later during her trip.

Plus in all honesty. Jenny may have just ran away. Maybe she hitchhiked back to the United States border via Texas or California and decided against the Cancun hubby meet up.

Also maybe she decided not to use her passport for Cuba and decided to go to New York. Idk.

I doubt it. If she has returned to the US, then US Immigration would have a record of that.

Agree. Teresa Sievers first go fund me raised 30k and it took some time. Even though we knew her fate and that her kids could use the money. Plus she was affiliated with drs and other professionals. So that 30k still wasn't alot.

But Jonathan raised close to 10k fairly quickly. And he could have raised more if he seemed more above boards. Jmo.

Jonathan had a nice fundraiser that most kidnapped people don't get. Like Jessica Heeringer or whomever.

But let's think. Jonathan raised 8k and has been down to Mexico 4 times already.

So how much went to his personal expenses of travel and lodging and meals and paying his own Seattle bills (which are not cheap) while taking days off.

So imo. Most of that 8k went to him. Jmo.

Now Jenny had $300 cash on hand to give to the police for the helmet debacle.

But she still wasn't worried about cash as she had plans to keep on keeping on. Jmo.

So did Jenny have 10k cash on her for this trip.

And once again. Hubby is not mentioninghow Jenny funded these trips nor whether she had a atm card or cash or what. Jmo.

These are little simple details that are never mentioned. Jmo. So no wonder the fund me has slowed down. Because people have basic questions that he decides not to mention for his missing wife. Jmo.

Should we be looking for any of her bank cards Jonathan or what. Geez.

Help us assist or offer advice to you. Because the only 10 people that you allow to post on the public facebook page is just not doing it. Jmo.

I doubt it. If she has returned to the US, then US Immigration would have a record of that.

You may be right. But does Mexico keep a computer log of every American citizen that walked across the border. Or do they just check Identification and may be your persons and say carry on?

I honestly never seen if this is done. So I could be wrong. Which I don't mind since I'm just speculating.

Originally Posted by DexterMorgan
Agree. She may have recapped things a day later during her trip.

Plus in all honesty. Jenny may have just ran away. Maybe she hitchhiked back to the United States border via Texas or California and decided against the Cancun hubby meet up.

Also maybe she decided not to use her passport for Cuba and decided to go to New York. Idk.

I remembered reading on the HFJ page a post by someone who recalled seeing her. This was an entry in Spanish, on 4/28. Not a comment under a post, but an original post. (Sorry, FB-ignorant here, so I don't know the terms). Putting it in translate, it said she saw her with two cardboards, one with Oaxaca and one that said Cancun. I guess this info is to be "considered rumor", but if true would point to Jenny's intent to travel to Cancun. Oh, I see someone else on the site translated it into English, so it's not just in Spanish.

I remembered reading on the HFJ page a post by someone who recalled seeing her. This was an entry in Spanish, on 4/28. Not a comment under a post, but an original post. (Sorry, FB-ignorant here, so I don't know the terms). Putting it in translate, it said she saw her with two cardboards, one with Oaxaca and one that said Cancun. I guess this info is to be "considered rumor", but if true would point to Jenny's intent to travel to Cancun. Oh, I see someone else on the site translated it into English, so it's not just in Spanish.

Agree. You have an American speaking facebook page. But the witness posted on there in Spanish. As if they don't either speak or can understand the English postings.

So the Spanish speaker knew what was being mentioned in English. But posted as a witness in Spanish instead of English. Jmo. That is odd.

If I was on a Chinese forum and could understand what I was reading about a missing person. And I was a witness.

Then I would simply post in Chinese. Even if I had the internet translate my statement first before posting.

Jmo. How would a witness post on an American facebook page in Spanish. And just not directly message the hubby.

So maybe that person was a troll. Jmo.

Jonathan doesn't speak Spanish for the most part. Especially since he needed help to make a Spanish flyer.

So why has a lot of comments been in Spanish from posters on Facebook that obviously know the English language for the most part. Jmo.

Or Maybe Jonathan should make a Spanish speaking only facebook page in regards to giving tips on missing Jenny. Jmo

I've walked across the border twice in the past two years and they scan your passport. (charity mission in Tijuana)

Have they checked?

Sorry! (apologizing for my oops in advance)
Old Lurker, New Poster

I wonder about her friends from China...what they think? If she had a bff she may have heard from her after the reported missing date.

Old Lurker, New Poster

Let's be honest. Corona is a huge company and they supposedly hired another company in Mexico to drive some of their shipments.

Now this means the contracted company must be bonded and carry their own insurance for any liabilities that Corona did not have any part of.

Now Mexico can have tremendous beer high jackings. So I'm sure Corona makes sure that the carrier company has gps on their trucks for bonding and insurance purposes.

So it shouldn't be that hard to know which truck was there on that day and time. Jmo.

As well as who was driving that truck that day. Jmo.

I'm just tired of people thinking that a Big company like Corona would take this long to say whatever. Especially since they know that they are not responsible since they contract to a legally bonded outscored carrier. Jmo.

I did a search. Jenny was couch surfing but it showed her last log on to couch surfing was 3 years ago. Did she use Hubby's last name maybe!??

https://www.couchsurfing.com/people/jenny.chen1

Old Lurker, New Poster

Lilibet has pointed out that Jenny used Weibo and Facebook and possibly other social media to document her trip.

Now on Weibo. I noticed that Jenny doesn't mention anything in specific past a certain day.

But her Facebook which hubby has access to does continue to posts past Jennys Weibo page.

So since Jenny posted on Weibo and facebook throughout her trip.

Then I must wonder if both sites showed the same pics and comments on the 11th.

Or did hubby update the window sheild wiper guy comment on Facebook but not Weibo.

Just asking.

Did Jennys Weibo and facebook journal match.

Or did hubby only have access to her Facebook but not her Weibo account.

Just asking?

You may be right. But does Mexico keep a computer log of every American citizen that walked across the border. Or do they just check Identification and may be your persons and say carry on?

I honestly never seen if this is done. So I could be wrong. Which I don't mind since I'm just speculating.

Mexico does not check people crossing the boarder. The US does check everyone and does keeps a record. There are all kinds of legal reasons for them to keep the information. to make sure people are not over staying their visas, etc.

Jenny mentions being skeptical of others after the police robbed her of $300 for the helmet ticket.

So she wasn't too naive at that point.

But imo. The close kidnapping sounds like a lie. Jmo. Because she never mentioned not 1 detail of where or how things played out.

If 2 cartel members couldn't kidnap little Jenny. Then they were not cartel.

Plus she would have at least stated how she got away or how the actual attempt went down. Jmo.

It was too vague of a post and obviously she never explained it to hubby since he clarifies the notepad was a shopkeeper but not how Jenny got away.
Yes. That rape post has always struck me as possibly staged.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How does someone put a price tag of 15000.00$ on a missing person?

I believe that was the amount of money he originally said he would need to travel to Mexico and hire a PI in Mexico. He warned that he might need more money if he needed to pay ransom. Now he just says he is using the money to pay the hourly fees for a top investigator in Mexico.

Have they checked?

Old Lurker, New Poster

I believe that a missing a persons report has been filed, so I would guess that it is being checked.

I guess Mexico doesn't rent out search dogs to check the last locations that she was staying at.

I doubt Mexico does have many search dogs. Are there any cases in the US where they use dogs to track missing persons? I rarely hear about it being done, but it should be done. I know for a fact that a good bloodhound, can even track people riding in motor-vehicles. I can think of one kidnaped child’s body that was found that way, and that was 25 years ago.

Here is a link to that case, if anyone is interested.

1993 killing of Englewood 5-year-old Alie Berrelez solved: It was neighbor long suspected and now dead

The thread.

CO - Aleszandra 'Alie' Berrelez, 5, Englewood, 18 May 1993

<modsnip>

I was referring to something JR posted today on his Help Find Jenny page that Lilibet alerted us to. What he wrote today ( now apparently removed?) was that Jenny wrote in a shopkeeper's notebook her name in Chinese to show what it looked like. In other words, the rest of the writings on the page were not written by her, which is what many of us had suspected, as it made more sense. Up until today when he wrote that, we were led to believe that Jenny wrote all the writings on the page. It's unclear to me if this is what he knew all along and never clarified it for us, or he only now understands this to be so. But now he removed that info, so I wondered why he would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3