Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He also said Corona would give him the name of the drivers that was in the area in 24 to 48 hrs.

This was after him and the Corona executives were flying on planes together and discussing things.

But now the prosecutor needed to be changed and now an Elite task force has been assigned to help.

But he still never mentions the divers names being given. Jmo
Yeah...I really wonder what Jenny's life here was like with him. Who doesn't give the spouse their phone # when away?? I wish we knew what Jenny's parents are thinking?

Sent from my SCH-I545

I'm sticking to my support of the husband and praying he finds his wife alive.
What a horrible situation.

I found this article too, translated it from Spanish to English but it's still difficult to comprehend. Anyone translate Spanish?? I found it by googling Jenny Chen and Raquel Rivera together.

Seems she told him she was going to Mexico, Cuba and New York 3 weeks before she left:

http://www.nvinoticias.com/nota/855...recida-en-oaxaca-ofrecen-recompensa-de-50-mil

"Three weeks before starting the journey, suddenly he told me to take new decisions in life was to meet with itself, and which would travel through Mexico to get to Cuba, stopping at several locations throughout the country, including Cancun where they would be for a few days with me, "explained Jonathan.

Arriving in Mexican territory, the woman who worked as a cashier and then took a sabbatical, buy a cell phone, but did not give the number to her husband and only communicated with him via social networks when found Wi-Fi connections.

On March 3, Quodan Chen, he departed on a flight from Seattle, made a stopover and arrived in Tijuana, hence her husband says he does not know how he came to Puebla, Oaxaca and later.

On April 19 her husband reported her missing to the Attorney General of the State of Quintana Roo, record 120/4/2016.

Anyone with reliable data of women can communicate the number 951-146-93-72 the name of Raquel Rivera.

Why is there also a picture of Jonathan, alone, smiling? Who cares!

So, she flew from Seattle to Tijuana and started her mexican journey there.

Wow. This translation is confusing. It mentions he when it should say she.

So if this story was originally told to the reporter in English. Then why is the translation from Spanish so off base.

Where is the English version by JR. Just asking.

I have never seen any missing person case where a family member has said "We will have an answer in X days".

And I can't recall a case where every single update was accompanied by a request for money.

I don't know... maybe he's just taking advantage of an opportunity.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

A thousand posts in this thread, almost three months...and still no Jenny.

Wow. This translation is confusing. It mentions he when it should say she.

So if this story was originally told to the reporter in English. Then why is the translation from Spanish so off base.

Where is the English version by JR. Just asking.

I am by no means highly proficient in reading spanish, but here's what I get from the article. (Paraphrasing)

Jenny and her husband have known each other for 8 years, married three.Her husband is an engineer, an more than twenty years older than her. Despite the marriage, she is only 70% towards her permanent US citizenship, thus the US Embassy is not helping. However, the Chinese citizenry have stepped up, are working with the Mexican officials and have donated $ towards finding Jenny.

It sounds like she decided to "find herself" during this journey, and is extremely frugal, so opted to backpack, hitchhike etc. This approach to life is probably safe where she came from, but certainly not in Mexico. She was supposed to meet her husband in Cancun, but disappeared as we know. She was seen hitchhiking, and those leads are being followed.
The biggest "hmmmmm" is that she had a cell phone (easily bought in Mexico for very cheap), but did not give her husband the number. They only communicated through social media when she could find wifi. If she is super frugal the lack of giving the number could be explained that she wanted the minutes to last. Maybe.
Given the Mexico landscape, it is most likely that her disappearance is a crime. However, the phone clue is troubling.
Do his/her social media posts portray a devoted couple? Is there any evidence of mental instability?

I have never seen any missing person case where a family member has said "We will have an answer in X days".

And I can't recall a case where every single update was accompanied by a request for money.

I don't know... maybe he's just taking advantage of an opportunity.

Preach on my friend. Good post.

Now once again. The Corona driver that was described by witnesses was his mostly sole focus in this case. Jmo.

But he never ever ever mentions about camping in front of the Corona warehouse in that part of Mexico until the described driver pulls up.

Also the witness or witnesses seem to know exactly what the driver stated to Jenny of how they would take a different route due to the protesters blocking the road.

But it seems like his witnesses are not anonymously telling the reporters anything.

Jmo.

So I agree. His bravado statements are too much while always needing more money to say something different. Jmo.

And none of his anonymous witnesses nor p.i nor lawyer has ever stated anything anonymously to the press.

So it seems like he is the only one talking and telling people what to write.

I'm sure that Scott Peterson would have loved the carte blanch controlling of the press and fundraising as well. Jmo

Now once again. The Corona driver that was described by witnesses was his mostly sole focus in this case. Jmo.

But he never ever ever mentions about camping in front of the Corona warehouse in that part of Mexico until the described driver pulls up.

Also the witness or witnesses seem to know exactly what the driver stated to Jenny of how they would take a different route due to the protesters blocking the road.

But it seems like his witnesses are not anonymously telling the reporters anything.

Jmo.

So I agree. His bravado statements are too much while always needing more money to say something different. Jmo.

And none of his anonymous witnesses nor p.i nor lawyer has ever stated anything anonymously to the press.

I'm sure that Scott Peterson would have loved the carte blanch controlling of the press and fundraising as well. Jmo

The husband is probably bleeding cash, and most likely really needs that help. I'm sure every "amigo" in Oaxaca "knows" what happened, and can help...for a fee.
Poor guy. Sounds like his wife is a young free spirit who may have gotten herself in to some deep trouble.....or....ran away. Most likely the former.

I am by no means highly proficient in reading spanish, but here's what I get from the article. (Paraphrasing)

Jenny and her husband have known each other for 8 years, married three.Her husband is an engineer, an more than twenty years older than her. Despite the marriage, she is only 70% towards her permanent US citizenship, thus the US Embassy is not helping. However, the Chinese citizenry have stepped up, are working with the Mexican officials and have donated $ towards finding Jenny.

It sounds like she decided to "find herself" during this journey, and is extremely frugal, so opted to backpack, hitchhike etc. This approach to life is probably safe where she came from, but certainly not in Mexico. She was supposed to meet her husband in Cancun, but disappeared as we know. She was seen hitchhiking, and those leads are being followed.
The biggest "hmmmmm" is that she had a cell phone (easily bought in Mexico for very cheap), but did not give her husband the number. They only communicated through social media when she could find wifi. If she is super frugal the lack of giving the number could be explained that she wanted the minutes to last. Maybe.
Given the Mexico landscape, it is most likely that her disappearance is a crime. However, the phone clue is troubling.
Do his/her social media posts portray a devoted couple? Is there any evidence of mental instability?
BBM

Thanks so much for the translation, roses. I think that what started out as an adventure became a foul play. Jenny had restarted her FB page in either September or January, so there isn't much since then before her trip. JR's page has pictures of Jenny, but his profile picture is with a close friend skiing. He posted and quickly deleted their wedding pictures on FB. It's really hard to sense devotion on the part of either one.

I will go looking, but I do remember a comment she made somewhere about her psychiatrist IIRC. Maybe someone has it handy.
ETA-- Here is the post that discusses her psychiatrist comment.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...*endangered-American*&p=12616406#post12616406

I believe I posted early on that her risk-taking behavior could be a symptom of bipolar disorder (the manic phase) but I'm just speculating. She just seems very extreme to me but that's just MOO.

Commenting on your earlier post, just to clarify, since I realize I/we sound very critical of JR rather than supportive....Speaking personally, my default position on threads is to view the spouse/partner as a victim and to be supportive. I would really love to do that with JR. I've tried. Seeing him be dismissive and defensive when helpful people offer well-meaning suggestions on FB has left me feeling that he is either totally unaware of how to function socially (possible), embarrassed, arrogant, or that he knows more than he's saying. I hope it's option #1 or 2. Not knowing which it is, and being given vague and incomplete information makes it hard to be as supportive as I'd normally be, as his behavior is quite concerning IMO. But I do appreciate you maintaining a supportive position, and of course we all want Jenny to come home safely. :)

The husband is probably bleeding cash, and most likely really needs that help. I'm sure every "amigo" in Oaxaca "knows" what happened, and can help...for a fee.
Poor guy. Sounds like his wife is a young free spirit who may have gotten herself in to some deep trouble.....or....ran away. Most likely the former.

Well I'm sure he was bleeding cash if he was the one sending her money to continue travels through Mexico and Cuba and then NY.

He said he sent her money to take the bus like this money came from his pocket.

So either the money he gave her did come from his pocket; which would mean that Jenny wasn't paying for the entire trip herself.

Or it may mean that it was Jennys money but only he had access to send her the money which was her personal money.

But imo. If you have to rely on your spouse to send you money. Then why doesn't your spouse have your personal phone number. Jmo.

If a person is dependent on their spouse sending them money while on a trip. Then the person would make sure that the spouse has the personal number that they are using for the trip.

Now sometimes. Jenny may seem somewhat slow.

But I truly think that she had some smarts to her as well.

But maybe in the land of America and Mexico.

Maybe her tired husband was definitely more smarter than her. Idk

But Hinky meters are definitely raised.

Jmo.

Thanks Lilibet, I know you are coming from the right place.

I'm trying to think of how he must feel. A significantly older than his wife guy, probably a socially awkward engineer. Makes sense he made the spouse choice he did. I think we have all seen this profile frequently. Her choice to backpack through Mexico certainly does standout as unhealthy thinking. I would guess the husband is a combo of frantic, angry, embarrased, distraught and so forth. A true nightmare.
The outcome isn't looking good at this point, but I will keep praying for her safe return. I don't think the husband is anything but a sad victim in this.

Jmo.

I would feel a lot better if he were also searching in Cancun and southern Mexico where she is supposedly alive and well and happily backpacking. I just don't understand why he would completely shut those paths down. (Well, I hope I don't understand!)

But imo. If you have to rely on your spouse to send you money. Then why doesn't your spouse have your personal phone number. Jmo.

If a person is dependent on their spouse sending them money while on a trip. Then the person would make sure that the spouse has the personal number that they are using for the trip.

But Hinky meters are definitely raised.

Jmo.

Snipped for focus

Very good point!

Thanks Lilibet, I know you are coming from the right place.

I'm trying to think of how he must feel. A significantly older than his wife guy, probably a socially awkward engineer. Makes sense he made the spouse choice he did. I think we have all seen this profile frequently. Her choice to backpack through Mexico certainly does standout as unhealthy thinking. I would guess the husband is a combo of frantic, angry, embarrased, distraught and so forth. A true nightmare.
The outcome isn't looking good at this point, but I will keep praying for her safe return. I don't think the husband is anything but a sad victim in this.

You are very kind and compassionate, roses. What you wrote is a good reminder not to evaluate the actions of others through the lens of what I would do...or hope I would do! :)

If I could give advice to the family of a missing person, one thing I would say is that if you don't communicate well, for whatever reason, delegate the online presence to someone you trust who can be an effective mouthpiece for you. Not everyone is cut out for the rigors of FB. It's so important to have a thick skin, answer reasonable questions, accept suggestions gratefully and be clear with known facts. I've seen it done very well (Leanne Beardon's husband, Hannah Thomas-Garner's Dad) and I've seen disasters that didn't need to happen. JR is somewhere in the middle, and could have used help other than CN. But it's all too easy to say coulda, shoulda, woulda from where I sit. I hope and pray JR can get the information he needs and find Jenny. It's probably just as well he's quiet right now!

Snipped for focus

His status is single on Facebook.

I would feel a lot better if he were also searching in Cancun and southern Mexico where she is supposedly alive and well and happily backpacking. I just don't understand why he would completely shut those paths down. (Well, I hope I don't understand!)

Agree my friend.

And this where JR made us mad.

Because out of all the updates that he personally posted in regards of Jenny while he was supposedly the only one looking. He never posted the story of how Jenny may still be alive per the information given to her family by the Chinese Embassy.

So it seems like he was against Jennys family search efforts as well and never wanted to post about their supposed findings.

Jmo.

So he gave all updates regarding the case.

But he elected to leave out Jennys family search efforts as well.

But let's guess.

The go fund me was only for him.

So he obviously didn't give Jennys family any money from the Jenny fund me for their search of Jenny. Jmo.

According to JR? I just have to wonder considering all the info about her is from one person. He has talked about working with her family. In the early days, he said he has no contact with them. All the posts or posters about who to contact with info list JR's email or social media. It just feels off.

According to her own social media posts, with pictures of her in Mexico.

Only because all the information I have seen and read come from one person only. I did not realize her being in Mexico was not debatable. Thanks!

Well, OK, I guess you can debate it, if you want to debate against photographical evidence.

Now they are saying the case is on hold due to the teacher’s strike in Mexico. Good news > bad news > good news > bad news. It just keeps going in circles. :facepalm:

Help Find Jenny Public Group | Facebook

Snipped for focus

His status is single on Facebook.

Did that change? Was it originally mArried? If it is a change, then sounds like the public needs an update.
It suggests she has been found as a runaway wife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro