Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to her own social media posts, with pictures of her in Mexico.

My question is.

If Jonathan didn't have her new number for this trip and only corresponded with her through social media.

Then can Jonathan show us a screen shot of a social media conversation where he tells her that he was sending her money?

Because obviously he supposedly let her know of the money that he was sending for a bus ride.

So since he didn't supposedly have her new cell phone number.

Can he atleast screen shot his conversation with her about sending her money.

Or did he delete this supposed conversation as well.

Did that change? Was it originally mArried? If it is a change, then sounds like the public needs an update.
It suggests she has been found as a runaway wife?
It's been that way awhile, I think since the beginning.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

As of this moment it says married since October 11, 2013.
Then that's new. It's been single. He's been getting a lot of flack about it.

ETA and thanks, I should have checked his current status before I posted. If you take a look at Jenny's Facebook, there are a ton of posts about it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There is finally some activity on the HFJ page. JR is waiting for the police report. And waiting for the new prosecutor to interview the driver. The case has been turned over to the police, "maybe." CN blames the lack of movement to the teachers' strike in Oaxaca.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/

Dealing with Mexico in a matter of such importance has got to be extremely frustrating. I just wonder what her parents think about this whole thing. If they think she is still hiking in MX, or if they are worried that she's been harmed. If Jenny has ever run away before. So many questions...

I've been to MX many times. Nothing ever operates the way you'd expect. And friends get arrested. For cash. I've many stories. This was a bad (and shocking) plan that she came up with, and her hubby accepted. I guess that's why I opened the thread in the first place.

My question is.

If Jonathan didn't have her new number for this trip and only corresponded with her through social media.

Then can Jonathan show us a screen shot of a social media conversation where he tells her that he was sending her money?

Because obviously he supposedly let her know of the money that he was sending for a bus ride.

So since he didn't supposedly have her new cell phone number.

Can he atleast screen shot his conversation with her about sending her money.

Or did he delete this supposed conversation as well.

One can hope he shares that with LE. He is under no obligation to shAre with the public, or the many crackpots that come out of the woodwork in these situations.

You are very kind and compassionate, roses. What you wrote is a good reminder not to evaluate the actions of others through the lens of what I would do...or hope I would do! :)

If I could give advice to the family of a missing person, one thing I would say is that if you don't communicate well, for whatever reason, delegate the online presence to someone you trust who can be an effective mouthpiece for you. Not everyone is cut out for the rigors of FB. It's so important to have a thick skin, answer reasonable questions, accept suggestions gratefully and be clear with known facts. I've seen it done very well (Leanne Beardon's husband, Hannah Thomas-Garner's Dad) and I've seen disasters that didn't need to happen. JR is somewhere in the middle, and could have used help other than CN. But it's all too easy to say coulda, shoulda, woulda from where I sit. I hope and pray JR can get the information he needs and find Jenny. It's probably just as well he's quiet right now!
I agree that JR and CN are not the best at communicating with people donating and asking questions. I think JR would have done better without CN replying and seeming to shut down questions without an explanation.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Well, OK, I guess you can debate it, if you want to debate against photographical evidence.
You can fake the photo evidence. I have seen it done by a girl that let family and friends think she was out of the country. It was believable. Sorry, I dont have the info as it has been a while.
but I do believe that Jenny was in Mexico and the photo's were not faked.

Sent from my SCH-I545

One can hope he shares that with LE. He is under no obligation to shAre with the public, or the many crackpots that come out of the woodwork in these situations.
The crackpots could be those willing to donate to get Jenny home. Even if they are a little cracked they may want info that hasn't been provided before donating.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Here are the links to the new FB posts. The link above just went to the FB page. Someone linked an article to this post that indicates to me and my ignorance of Spanish that Corona has suspended activity (deliveries?) in Oaxaca because of the unrest.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/635163773325337/

http://oaxacapolitico.com/oaxaca/locales/suspende-cervecería-modelo-actividades-en-oaxaca

This link is older but shows JR's recent comments in response to a post about it being quiet. He mentions waiting for the new prosecutor to interview the drivers. Also CN repeats the post linked above, specifically implying that CC is not being patient as was requested earlier. But I don't see a post from CC. Perhaps it was deleted.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/hel...=635149179993463&comment_tracking={"tn":"R4"}

I was hoping that the drivers would be more available for interviews if they weren't doing deliveries. :)

True! Let's hope that's the case, though I took it as they wont be driving to Oaxaca, which would require police to go to them. I don't know what their manpower is with this unrest! :-(

About your post above, Re CN's curt reply to CC when there wasn't a post by CC. I was also wondering if it was deleted. Are they friends? Strange also is that they both (JR and CN) were silent for so long, then came back on at the same time.

I also wonder if Jenny's parents were unhappy that she went on this adventure and JR didn't stop her? Maybe that is why they aren't together on the search for her.

Sent from my SCH-I545

The crackpots could be those willing to donate to get Jenny home. Even if they are a little cracked they may want info that hasn't been provided before donating.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Yes, that is true. However, I have seen many cases where well meaning but unbalanced individuals have been major distractions in these cases. They slow down progress with their revelations, and misguided information. I am also fiercely protective of family members who are under the duress of having a missing or murdered love one. Like many of you, I communicate directly with them and do my best to help with research, advocacy, etc. I think the truth ultimately will be revealed, and I tend to go easier on the family where there is a paucity of data. In the missing Jenny case, I really feel for this hubby. He is a victim as well, as far as I can tell at the moment.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's POV, and the above is mine. : ) : ) : )

True! Let's hope that's the case, though I took it as they wont be driving to Oaxaca, which would require police to go to them. I don't know what their manpower is with this unrest! :-(

About your post above, Re CN's curt reply to CC when there wasn't a post by CC. I was also wondering if it was deleted. Are they friends? Strange also is that they both (JR and CN) were silent for so long, then came back on at the same time.

Yes, the drivers could be driving elsewhere which would complicate the investigation.

I expect JR and CN both came back when ZG mentioned the silence. I don't think CC actually knows either JR or CN. Of course we don't know if CN was pushy, but even if she was, be gracious. She has made reasonable suggestions and she clearly cares! JMO

Wow. This translation is confusing. It mentions he when it should say she.

So if this story was originally told to the reporter in English. Then why is the translation from Spanish so off base.

Where is the English version by JR. Just asking.

In Spanish, pronouns don't always indicate gender. "Su" can mean "her," "his," "its," "your," or "their," for example. You have to get the gender or single/plural from the context of the text or speech. Machine translations can't "get" context, so they tend to default to the generic "he" for everything when translating "su." That's one reason why, as advanced as technology is, we don't already have really good computer translation software. It's also why some languages (like Spanish) are easier for native English speakers to learn (because you only have to learn "su," instead of five separate possessive pronouns), and why mixing up her/his/their is one of the most common mistakes for ESL speakers (because a lot of languages are like Spanish in that you have just one word to cover a lot of pronouns). A couple of months ago I was writing something and had to refer to some research done by a Japanese linguist. But I had no idea if that person was male or female, since all I had was that person's name on an article, so I didn't know if I should write, "his research," or "her research." So I had to track down the Japanese wife of one of my husband's co-workers to ask her, "Hey...so, is this first name usually used for males or for females in Japan?" so I'd know which pronoun to use in my own writing. If I'd been writing in Spanish, I could've just said "su investigación" and been done with it.

(Sorry for the de-rail, but I just can't resist talking about linguistics whenever possible--)

Derail away, Mouse. :D Linguistics is fascinating. I don't think I've ever been on a thread dealing with two foreign languages, one using characters. It's made sleuthing a challenge, to say the least! Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro