Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it sounds as if this woman received medical care and was preparing to leave without paying... But equally sounds as though the Policia were trying to benefit a little under the table. My daughters been going to this hotel for several years. Cancun is very safe.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I presume your daughters pay their bills before they try to check out. :D

I find it interesting that the Canadian Embassy told her to pay the doctor. They could have taken other actions and made some diplomatic calls, but their advice was for her to pay her bill. Probably because they thought she owed it.

This was just updated on the help find Jenny FB by the husband:

Good News! Hot lead! We have found where stayed Monday night (April 11th), and was witnessed getting into a full trailer of a major international brand. We have the description of the driver and will be contacting the company to track down the driver. This is the BEST information so far!

From what I've been reading on this FB page he seems to be dumping quite a bit of money into finding her including traveling down to Mexico at least once to re-trace her steps, meet with a private investigator based in Mexico, and preparing for 'ransom' money or what I think may eventually be 'bribing money.' Several Mexico residents have responded on there as well. By his own words he is "drowning in bureaucracy" in trying to get help from any government. He left Mexico with hope, but a follow up post shows that the police have not really done anything since he returned to America. US won't help because she is not a full US citizen and China has been aware of the case but hasn't been doing much. No mention of her parents.

In some Asian cultures it's looked down upon to marry caucasions. This is rapidly changing as the world opens up due to technology and access to money that poorer families can now obtain, but, marriage to a laowai/gweilo can alienate you from your families. (I am white married to a Chinese person)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/

I am confused, the last few posts on FB have indicated she got on a bus, and they are talking about a trucking company? Anyone know who Carol is and why she seems to be so involved?

Does anyone know if he ever made the trip to Cozumel scheduled for four days after her last sighting? I'm still not clear on that.

I am confused, the last few posts on FB have indicated she got on a bus, and they are talking about a trucking company? Anyone know who Carol is and why she seems to be so involved?

I noticed the bus comments too, but it seems to be a trucking company, based on the posts from JR.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/615415211966860/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/614694565372258/

CN has been around since the beginning IIRC, lives in Mexico and is a FB friend of JR.

For some reason, JR has posted things on his own FB page that aren't posted on Find Jenny. The first post on his page about Jenny said there was contact April 21 with the last person she stayed with, who described the route she would take. The group page started April 22 and this was never posted there. So I'm confused about the latest posts about the notebook just recently being found at the last place she stayed. Maybe it took awhile to make further contact with this person?

Yes, the US does have many scary places - don't know if it's because of the "lack of any common sense to gun control", however. I'm sure you are well aware of all of the violence that takes place WITHOUT a gun...but I digress. My point is that Jenny didn't go missing while traveling alone in Detroit or Memphis...she went missing in Mexico while traveling alone.

And she hitchhiked all over Mexico for six weeks before something bad possibly happened to her (we still don’t know what really happened). I don’t even think that would be possible in the US. It’s been over 35 years since I have seen a woman in the US hitchhike by herself, and only very rarely have I seen women hitchhike when accompanied by men. But she did it for six weeks in Mexico.

I noticed the bus comments too, but it seems to be a trucking company, based on the posts from JR.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/615415211966860/

CN has been around since the beginning IIRC, lives in Mexico and is a FB friend of JR.

For some reason, JR has posted things on his own FB page that aren't posted on Find Jenny. The first post on his page about Jenny said there was contact April 21 with the last person she stayed with, who described the route she would take. The group page started April 22 and this was never posted there. So I'm confused about the latest posts about the notebook just recently being found at the last place she stayed. Maybe it took awhile to make further contact with this person?

The last person she stayed with in Oaxaca city was contacted in April because she was in touch with him on social media/Couchsurfing website. So he was relatively easy to track down. She left his place not knowing where she would be staying next, as she planned to hitch to her April 15 meeting with her husband in Cancun, starting April 11.

Through investigators physically visiting communities outside Oaxaca city, in the state of Oaxaca, towards Cancun, probably showing her photo and asking questions, they have now discovered where she stayed the night of April 11 (proved by her name left in a notebook), and that she was picked up by, I believe, a tractor trailer-type truck on April 12.

The last person she stayed with in Oaxaca city was contacted in April because she was in touch with him on social media/Couchsurfing website. So he was relatively easy to track down. She left his place not knowing where she would be staying next, as she planned to hitch to her April 15 meeting with her husband in Cancun, starting April 11.

Through investigators physically visiting communities outside Oaxaca city, in the state of Oaxaca, towards Cancun, probably showing her photo and asking questions, they have now discovered where she stayed the night of April 11 (proved by her name left in a notebook), and that she was picked up by, I believe, a tractor trailer-type truck on April 12.

Thanks. It wasn't clear to me if the person in Oaxaca city was the same as the person she stayed with April 11 and where they found her notebook. The way I read it they sounded the same, so it was confusing.

Does anyone know if he ever made the trip to Cozumel scheduled for four days after her last sighting? I'm still not clear on that.

I think you mean Cancun, yes? According to this link, he did go to Cancun to meet her when they were scheduled to (Apr 15):
Reinhard said he "waited and waited and waited" for days at the Cancun hotel where they were supposed to meet, then contacted the American consulate, reported her missing and began searching places like hospitals.
http://www.goerie.com/article/20160...rmer-erie-man-says-wife-disappeared-in-mexico

And to cougarbrian: I sorta think we're not supposed to talk about commenters at the Help Find page, but all I'll say in general...and not telling anyone here, we all know this already...is that I think every detail might prove important, so scrutinizing and examining that notepad is not only ok but should be done. For those who say it doesn't matter what the notes are for, well it could very well matter what the notes are for, if she did write those notes down.

Just a scenario to show how examining the page is important. Again, I know we all know this. But apparently some don't: If indeed Jenny wrote all those numbers and such as a record of her expenses, then who did she buy those tortillas, etc from. That could lead to a vendor who has information on her. Such large quantities of tortillas could mean a party? Was there a party, and who was there--could give a lead. Who is Artemio, or Alex, or el Sancudo? People to question....

Ok, I'll shut up about this now. :)

http://www.goerie.com/article/20160...rmer-erie-man-says-wife-disappeared-in-mexico

And to cougarbrian: I sorta think we're not supposed to talk about commenters at the Help Find page, but all I'll say in general...and not telling anyone here, we all know this already...is that I think every detail might prove important, so scrutinizing and examining that notepad is not only ok but should be done. For those who say it doesn't matter what the notes are for, well it could very well matter what the notes are for, if she did write those notes down.

Just a scenario to show how examining the page is important. Again, I know we all know this. But apparently some don't: If indeed Jenny wrote all those numbers and such as a record of her expenses, then who did she buy those tortillas, etc from. That could lead to a vendor who has information on her. Such large quantities of tortillas could mean a party? Was there a party, and who was there--could give a lead. Who is Artemio, or Alex, or el Sancudo? People to question....

:)

I agree, and I'd like to see all the pages in the notebook (or at least I hope the PI's are looking into it).

new USA MSM article:

her husband says government agencies and local police departments have abandoned him in his search.

Reinhard recently spent five days in Mexico trying to help the investigation and says he’s similarly frustrated with responses, or the lack thereof, from the Chinese Embassy in Mexico City and police in Oaxaca.

Reinhard says witnesses reported a Corona beer truck stopping for Chen and then taking her in “the opposite direction of Cancún.” He says he’s contacted the beer company and local police to ask for help to investigate the driver, though both entities have been slow to respond so far.

Chen, a woman he says was looking for some adventure before heading off to graduate school. “She was due to be back on July Fourth,” says Reinhard. “This was a big trip for her before she started school.”

This week, Chen would have been in Cuba. But she never got on the flight.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...co-adventure-turns-into-nightmare-for-family/

Well, that is big news, that the Corona truck was "taking her in “the opposite direction of Cancún.”

I was hopeful until I then read on the Help Find page JR characterizes the driver of the Corona truck "a likely suspect". He does not elaborate, but says he will disclose more info today. The use of the word "suspect" is worrisome. What did he learn?

If I didn't read him saying that and only went by this latest article I might just think that going in the opposite direction shows that her intent was not to meet up with her husband in Cancun, that she may be alive but choosing another direction in her life.

Well, that is big news, that the Corona truck was "taking her in “the opposite direction of Cancún.”

I was hopeful until I then read on the Help Find page JR characterizes the driver of the Corona truck "a likely suspect". He does not elaborate, but says he will disclose more info today. The use of the word "suspect" is worrisome. What did he learn?

If I didn't read him saying that and only went by this latest article I might just think that going in the opposite direction shows that her intent was not to meet up with her husband in Cancun, that she may be alive but choosing another direction in her life.

I don't think you need to worry. :) I personally think that JR is (mis)using the word "suspect" instead of saying "person of interest" about someone who may know something but may have done nothing wrong. If the Corona company is being slow to respond as he said, JR really knows nothing other than that she was seen getting in the truck. The driver may have just given her a ride and had no ill intent. No one is a suspect until it's clear that a crime has been committed and there is no evidence of that yet. So you could be right that she chose to go in a different direction rather than meet her husband in Cancun. JMO

new USA MSM article:

...Chen, a woman he says was looking for some adventure before heading off to graduate school. “She was due to be back on July Fourth,” says Reinhard. “This was a big trip for her before she started school.”

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...co-adventure-turns-into-nightmare-for-family/

I've read most of the news reports and Facebook posts up until a few days ago, and this is the first mention I've heard of her plans on going to grad school. Previously it was always "re-enter the job market." Maybe it was up in the air, though.

Does anyone think she may have traveled to Mexico City, bought a plane ticket, and simply returned to China? It's possible she was deeply homesick and wanted out of the US and her marriage to a much older man. That would be a hopeful outcome.

I've read most of the news reports and Facebook posts up until a few days ago, and this is the first mention I've heard of her plans on going to grad school. Previously it was always "re-enter the job market." Maybe it was up in the air, though.

Does anyone think she may have traveled to Mexico City, bought a plane ticket, and simply returned to China? It's possible she was deeply homesick and wanted out of the US and her marriage to a much older man. That would be a hopeful outcome.

I agree, this is the first mention of this - I have suspected this hypothesis all along given I have seen ZERO posts from the family of Jenny.

I agree, this is the first mention of this - I have suspected this hypothesis all along given I have seen ZERO posts from the family of Jenny.

How to explain cutting off all contact with all her friends on social media? Leaving a husband has never required that someone drop off the face of the earth.

How to explain cutting off all contact with all her friends on social media? Leaving a husband has never required that someone drop off the face of the earth.

RBBM:

Under normal circumstances this is true. However, there are circumstances where one might feel the need to do this. I'm not saying this is the case here, but when one's personal safety is at stake, you would be surprised what lengths are taken. I speak from first hand experience.
:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ticket price would be about $1,300 (how did she pay for it?) and best as I can tell all flights would include stopovers in the US, or some other much longer more expensive route. There would have to be immigration and airline records of that, if it happened. I think it is highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member