Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How to explain cutting off all contact with all her friends on social media?

That’s what worries me. People who are that active on social media, don’t just completely disappear from the internet, unless something really bad happens.

To play the other side, here real name was not Jenny, maybe she has gone back to the non-English channels back under her Chinese name, just hoping that is the case, that she flew back home and is escaping a bad situation in the states. Would explain why she wanted to go "find herself"....I will continue to say that I am puzzled that there is nothing from the family of her.

That ticket price would be about $1,300 (how did she pay for it?) and best as I can tell all flights would include stopovers in the US, or some other much longer more expensive route. There would have to be immigration and airline records of that, if it happened. I think it is highly unlikely.

The problem is that we have no proof that any records were checked!

I think it's unlikely too. If her husband didn't stop her from going to Mexico, why would she think he would stop her from going to China from Seattle?

From what I understand, she didn't like living under the Chinese government so I say she is anywhere but there.

JR doesn't think Corona, owned by a larger company that also owns Budweiser, is taking the possibility of Jenny getting a ride on one of their trucks seriously or "obviously assessing liability."

I'm honestly not sure why he expects a large corporation to care whether a woman traveling independently is possibly sighted boarding a Corona truck. Are they really going to do anything other than remind all their drivers not to pick up passengers (assuming it's against company policy in Mexico)? What liability should they assess? If their driver disobeyed policy, but there is no proof Jenny was harmed by him (or anyone), where is the liability? While it would be nice if the corporation helps, criticizing it isn't going to get him very far. I realize he's stressed out and panicky, but how about reeling that in, meeting with someone at the company and building a bridge of cooperation on a personal level?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/616336448541403/

Liability for what?

Honestly, the husband's reactions/ comments are just so atypical to me. It's difficult to wrap my head around the whole situation- nothing in my experience can provide me a context for her lengthy, frankly dangerous trip, his odd comments, or the whole mystery.

Also: The writing on that scratchpad does not resemble how Asians' (who grew up writing their 'symbol' language) handwriting looks when writing English alphabet letters. (I have substantial experience in this by means of my work)

:thinking:

To play the other side, here real name was not Jenny, maybe she has gone back to the non-English channels back under her Chinese name, just hoping that is the case, that she flew back home and is escaping a bad situation in the states. Would explain why she wanted to go "find herself"....I will continue to say that I am puzzled that there is nothing from the family of her.

Except that there has been no activity on her social media accounts in China or the US.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/missing-seattle-womans-mexico-adventure-turns-into-nightmare-for-family/

This says the truck that picked her up took her "in the opposite direction of Cancun". Does that mean the truck picked her up and u-turned it, or that she hitched a ride going in the opposite direction?

JR is planning to go to Mexico soon, to get the police to interview who he claims is a "suspect". I am assuming he is referring to the truck driver?

I'm not sure his current plan of action is the best way to get a company to help you find information, imho.

Is he trying to sue Corona and its parent corporation?

I would think they would let police check the truck of the so-called driver.

Also does she take meds or something. She seemed very happy in some pics that were taken in somewhat slum looking areas. Jmo.

Also. Can't the U.S check hubby's alibi atleast. Because it's just strange that he was okay with this trip for her. And he wasn't in contact for 4 days before going down there. And then he waited 2 or so more days before calling the police.

So I assume he was texting her for 6 days straight. Now he has to raise money for going back and forth. But she had money for a 3 month trip?

Was this cash or ATM or what. Idk. This case is odd.

Is he trying to sue Corona and its parent corporation?

I would think they would let police check the truck of the so-called driver.

Also does she take meds or something. She seemed very happy in some pics that were taken in somewhat slum looking areas. Jmo.

Also. Can't the U.S check hubby's alibi atleast. Because it's just strange that he was okay with this trip for her. And he wasn't in contact for 4 days before going down there. And then he waited 2 or so more days before calling the police.

So I assume he was texting her for 6 days straight. Now he has to raise money for going back and forth. But she had money for a 3 month trip?

Was this cash or ATM or what. Idk. This case is odd.

He appears to be trying to put pressure on Corona, because they haven't given him the information he wants (name of the driver, contact information, etc).

I don't believe any US authorities are involved in any aspect of the case outside of taking a report, because Jenny isn't a citizen.

JR has said he wasn't a fan of her going on a solo trip, and tried to talk her out of it, but that she was very free spirited and independent, and wouldn't change her mind.

A campaign to pressure Corona to give the name of the driver who picked up Jenny is heating up. JR comments that she was witnessed by several people being offered a ride by the driver. I'm not sure this is the way to go about it. Personally, I would approach the company as an individual with LE backing, rather than bombarding it with public pressure. I don't get the sense that he has tried individual "diplomacy" yet, but I could be wrong.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/617213071787074/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/617215585120156/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/617229388452109/

A campaign to pressure Corona to give the name of the driver who picked up Jenny is heating up. JR comments that she was witnessed by several people being offered a ride by the driver. I'm not sure this is the way to go about it. Personally, I would approach the company as an individual with LE backing, rather than bombarding it with public pressure. I don't get the sense that he has tried individual "diplomacy" yet, but I could be wrong.

I wonder about his doing this, too. Although, who knows. I wonder if his PI advised him to do this.

As far as having LE involved with pressuring Corona, on May 21, JR wrote on his HFJ site, "We have a suspect , we just need the police to bring him in." So, that made it sound like he has involved the police in dealing with Corona.

However, also on May 21, on his site he had written, "I am traveling to Mexico for the third time. We have a suspect, and need to get the "police" to investigate. Corona is acting arrogant and incompetent, and will not release any information about their driver who is a suspect. Gross negligence!"

That he puts the word police in quotes makes me wonder what does he mean. Perhaps the police aren't being of much assistance to him.

Gross negligence sounds like a civil suit money term to me. Jmo.

This is all a little too suspicious for me. It's very convenient that in the lead up to her disappearance, she claims to have nearly been kidnapped and raped and yet still fearlessly travels alone. She didn't get in touch with her husband when this traumatic event happens, because she didn't even give him her cellphone number and yet they're supposed to be in a loving marriage? I don't know how many loving married couples would be too intent on upping and leaving their spouse to travel alone in foreign countries without so much as a contact detail, despite being in contact with friends and family back home every single day?

People who are travelling alone in a foreign country alone don't just announce they've been nearly raped and killed and then follow it up with a tweet shrugging it off and jumping into a strangers vehicle. No mention of her seeking help from authorities either? How did she supposedly manage to get away from these dangerous men single handedly?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is all a little too suspicious for me. It's very convenient that in the lead up to her disappearance, she claims to have nearly been kidnapped and raped and yet still fearlessly travels alone. She didn't get in touch with her husband when this traumatic event happens, because she didn't even give him her cellphone number and yet they're supposed to be in a loving marriage? I don't know how many loving married couples would be too intent on upping and leaving their spouse to travel alone in foreign countries without so much as a contact detail, despite being in contact with friends and family back home every single day?

People who are travelling alone in a foreign country alone don't just announce they've been nearly raped and killed and then follow it up with a tweet shrugging it off and jumping into a strangers vehicle. No mention of her seeking help from authorities either? How did she supposedly manage to get away from these dangerous men single handedly?

Great post- you've coherently expressed my concerns about this case really clearly!

Just wow. I didn't know any of these things. Thanks.

I wonder if this could be a couple out to get donations or sue Corona or something. Hubby flying back and forth to Mexico instead of couch surfing like his wife.

Or maybe she is in San Diego or something and decided to leave hubby.

I just hope she hasn't been abducted. Is she bipolar.

Just wow. I didn't know any of these things. Thanks.

I wonder if this could be a couple out to get donations or sue Corona or something. Hubby flying back and forth to Mexico instead of couch surfing like his wife.

Or maybe she is in San Diego or something and decided to leave hubby.

I just hope she hasn't been abducted. Is she bipolar.
BBM

I wondered the same thing, Dex. There is something very off about her risk-taking behavior which she calls conquering her fears.

I don't think there's any evidence of mental illness. I think we should also keep in mind that the Chinese have a very different culture from ours, and also every marriage is different. Maybe there was some love, but also convenience? Maybe they are both just independent people.

That he puts the word police in quotes makes me wonder what does he mean. Perhaps the police aren't being of much assistance to him.

In that remote corner of Mexico (a days drive from Oaxaca city where no tourist would ever visit) the police officers would be more like mall security guards (tho paid much worse) than an modern, richly tax-funded investigative American police force.

No Mexican woman in her right mind would get into a stranger's vehicle, so the idea that local police are responsible for finding out what happened to this foreign woman who got into a passing truck probably seems ludicrous.

I don't see how or why this would be a conspiracy, I've followed many cases of young travellers going missing abroad and the challenges of finding out what happened if they were off the beaten tourist track (which the host country wants to assure everyone is safe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties