Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friendly reminder folks

Rules Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed.
Paraphrasing is okay.
Posts by friends and visitors are off limits.
Do not link to an individual’s (victim or suspect) social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Any exception must first be approved by an administrator. You can contact an administrator via private message, or send an email to websleuthscomments@gmail.com

Plea for more funds to pay the fantastic PI, who believes they are close and is working without being paid because JR is out of money. But that can't continue. Long post by friend CN.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/618360788338969/

Honestly I think he has collected about as much as he is going to get. From my experience watching these type of campaigns, most people who are so inclined, donate as much as they can right from the beginning. Some people have already donated a substantial amount. I don’t think anyone is going to give him an open ended check. He is going to have to start paying for himself, or at the very least start showing some results. Even then I doubt he is going to collect very much more.

News from Mexico about the search for Jenny.

Reinhard, who lives in Seattle, Washington, has since hired a private investigator who tracked the missing woman to the city of Juchitán in the Isthmus of Tehuantepec region of Oaxaca state. Witnesses there told the investigator that Chen was seen climbing into a Corona delivery truck, a tractor-trailer unit, at 2:00pm April 12 on highway 185.

That highway is the quickest route from Oaxaca to Cancún. However, the witnesses said the truck was traveling in the opposite direction in order to avoid a blockade by teachers. They said the driver intended to take a different route and persuaded Chen to go with him.

More at link :shutup:

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/missing-jenny-chen-tracked-

If he took the Chiapas route, that's considered dangerous for trucks because of ravines and gorges, according to comments on the linked FB post.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/617909828384065/

News from Mexico about the search for Jenny.

Reinhard, who lives in Seattle, Washington, has since hired a private investigator who tracked the missing woman to the city of Juchitán in the Isthmus of Tehuantepec region of Oaxaca state. Witnesses there told the investigator that Chen was seen climbing into a Corona delivery truck, a tractor-trailer unit, at 2:00pm April 12 on highway 185.

That highway is the quickest route from Oaxaca to Cancún. However, the witnesses said the truck was traveling in the opposite direction in order to avoid a blockade by teachers. They said the driver intended to take a different route and persuaded Chen to go with him.

More at link :shutup:

Reinhard was advised that Grupo Modelo would soon have the information requested. Today, he said on the Facebook page Help Find Jenny that the only information the beer company would provide was that there were seven Corona trucks operating in the area at the time. It did not release the names of the drivers. He and the investigators are demanding the Corona drivers’ names and photographs so they can identify the one whose truck Chen boarded. A security official at Grupo Modelo was rude to Reinhard’s investigator and would not provide any information.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/missing-jenny-chen-tracked-juchitan/

Gee, they just can't go and "demand" a company release personal employee information to people. Now if the Police were asking then that's different.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well, ok that article gives explanation to the concern it caused in me when I read that the truck went in the "opposite direction of Cancun."
It also supports the idea that Jenny was intending to hitch towards Cancun, until the truck driver told her that that highway had a blockade so she'd best go with him, who was taking an alternate driving route.

If the truck driver did simply give her a ride to some destination point without harming her, it could very well not be where you could say that "the investigation is heading toward final stages". She might have had to take any number of rides before arriving in Cancun. Quite a distance, isn't it?

Yesterday, on the Help Find page, her husband says of the beer company, "They are working with the Oaxaca police- who is sharing with my PI". He said this as there was the thought that maybe the company was not about to share the information with a private citizen or investigator--only with detectives within law enforcement, as may be the case in the USA. So, why will the beer company not (so far, anyway) hand over the information requested to the police, I wonder.

Well, ok that article gives explanation to the concern it caused in me when I read that the truck went in the "opposite direction of Cancun."
It also supports the idea that Jenny was intending to hitch towards Cancun, until the truck driver told her that that highway had a blockade so she'd best go with him, who was taking an alternate driving route.

If the truck driver did simply give her a ride to some destination point without harming her, it could very well not be where you could say that "the investigation is heading toward final stages". She might have had to take any number of rides before arriving in Cancun. Quite a distance, isn't it?

Yesterday, on the Help Find page, her husband says of the beer company, "They are working with the Oaxaca police- who is sharing with my PI". He said this as there was the thought that maybe the company was not about to share the information with a private citizen or investigator--only with detectives within law enforcement, as may be the case in the USA. So, why will the beer company not (so far, anyway) hand over the information requested to the police, I wonder.

BBM: How does the husband know this is true? Because a PI in Mexico told him? He's not in country and getting information second hand (in other words, not directly from LE) so I really do not put a ton of stock in these updates. They could be just a ploy on the part of the PI to stay on the payroll with little to no supervision.

Someone on HFJ facebook page asks JR "do you have legal counsel" his response is "soon I hope" in a previous thread he said he was under advisement of his "legal team" not to put info on social media....hmmm

I am having a very hard time trying to understand why police aren't helping, and why he has to rely on a PI. Is there something he's not telling us? Do the police believe that Jenny is missing?

I am having a very hard time trying to understand why police aren't helping, and why he has to rely on a PI. Is there something he's not telling us? Do the police believe that Jenny is missing?

LE not helping is a common complaint by families of missing adults in this country too. But when an adult is missing and there is no reason to suspect kidnapping or foul play (other than the fact that they are missing), LE doesn't have the manpower to keep a case on the front burner. That's when a PI is helpful. In Jenny's case, the fact that she didn't meet JR in Cancun is really all they have. Getting a ride on a truck is not really evidence of anything. JR has said previously that Oaxacan LE has been helpful and is communicating with his PI. But if he expects an all-out search for Jenny by LE, there's just no reason for that to happen at this point IMO. That's reality in the U.S. and it may be worse in Mexico. JMO

I don't like the fact that the driver "persuaded Jen to go with him", even in the context of the regular route being blocked by a protest. Why, if that is true (and perhaps I've missed the source of that comment) would she need to be persuaded? If the route were going to be blocked, obviously, for hours or something, she wouldn't need to be "persuaded", would she? Wouldn't she immediately see the need to go another route? Perhaps not, but it still makes me wonder. I'd look into that guy.

Also, this is only slightly related to Jenny Chen, but is really a general comment: Please, folks. This is a very dangerous world, in ways that it hasn't been before. No matter the country, the city, the circumstance -please, please, please think twice about getting into any stranger's vehicle. Ted Bundy was about as charming and gentlemanly as they come. He walked women co-workers out to their cars at night to keep them safe. (He worked at a crisis hotline -because he was such a humanitarian, of course.) College educated, intelligent, and very erudite women were convinced that they could "read" him. And he killed them. Over and over and over again he charmed intelligent people into feeling safe and once in that vehicle, they never had a chance. Sorry for the off-topic, but so very many of these disappearances could be prevented. It's just heart breaking.

I really can't see a truck driver either kidnapping her or the worst case scenario of murder in his company's work truck that has recognisable photographs and ads on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LE not helping is a common complaint by families of missing adults in this country too. But when an adult is missing and there is no reason to suspect kidnapping or foul play (other than the fact that they are missing), LE doesn't have the manpower to keep a case on the front burner. That's when a PI is helpful. In Jenny's case, the fact that she didn't meet JR in Cancun is really all they have. Getting a ride on a truck is not really evidence of anything. JR has said previously that Oaxacan LE has been helpful and is communicating with his PI. But if he expects an all-out search for Jenny by LE, there's just no reason for that to happen at this point IMO. That's reality in the U.S. and it may be worse in Mexico. JMO

Thanks, Lilibet. My thoughts were more rhetorical and phrased to stay within TOS. ;)

I'm trying to figure out the direction Jenny was heading in the Corona truck. This article says that she left Oaxaca City April 11 and was tracked to Juchitan, where she was seen getting on a Corona truck April 12 about 2:00 pm on highway 185 that was heading the opposite direction from where she was going. Apparently teacher strikes would be blocking the road (where?) so the driver "persuaded" (or perhaps suggested to) Jenny to go in the different direction with him.

http://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/missing-jenny-chen-tracked-juchitan/

Juchitan is about 178 miles (4.5 hours by car) from Oaxaca City. Interesting place. From there it's about 16 hours by car to Cancun, so I can see that she thought it would be a good side trip.
http://www.oaxacatimes.com/inprint/currentissuemenu/34-culture

But what does it mean by "opposite direction" on 185. She should have gone north. Going south doesn't get you too far, unless you catch 185D and circle back around to catch 185 a little further north. We don't know where the teachers' blockade was. Did the driver take 190 through Chiapas, which truck drivers try to avoid? Did all the drivers that day get to their destinations?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Juc...1!1s0x8f4c2b05aef653db:0xce32b73c625fcd8a!3e0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member