Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Dexter, I think the billboards are really nice. I hope they bring in some tips!

A while back, Lilibet commented on a wedding picture that JR had posted of himself and Jenny, which he removed. I never saw it back then, but just tonight found another site where he posted it (MissingAmericans Blog): http://missingamericans.ning.com/profile/JonathanReinhard

He has only 2 updates and 5 pictures. Maybe that site wasn't getting enough hits to keep updating...?

Thought I'd post it for the others who haven't seen his wedding pic.

Edited to say, I wonder whose phone number that is at the bottom. An RR came up in a google search, but not JR. Not that it means anything, I've had my number for many years, and my name doesn't show up associated with my number either. Just curious.

I see he moved the billboard posts from his Facebook. He had a nice amount of comments up there. But today it's gone. The one where the billboards were actually up in town.

<modsnip>

I see he moved the billboard posts from his Facebook. He had a nice amount of comments up there. But today it's gone. The one where the billboards were actually up in town.

<modsnip>

My guess is because we could all read the number on them he was getting a lot of unhelpful calls. Imagine all those Facebook commenters calling that number.

My guess is because we could all read the number on them he was getting a lot of unhelpful calls. Imagine all those Facebook commenters calling that number.

You may be right. But in one of the comments he mentions that his p.i will vet all leads and that he is fairly good with flushing out the bad information. So I wonder if the number is just to leave a message and the p.i or that lady will call them back from their own number if they feel that the caller is of worth.

Idk.

You may be right. But in one of the comments he mentions that his p.i will vet all leads and that he is fairly good with flushing out the bad information. So I wonder if the number is just to leave a message and the p.i or that lady will call them back from their own number if they feel that the caller is of worth.

Idk.

I'm obviously missing something! The billboards are pinned at the top (though I didn't see the comment you mention), and are also on the page. Was there another post that was deleted? I'm behind here.

I've noticed that he deletes a lot of posts - the HFJ page looks different each time I go there, as in we lose a few days or so in the timeline. WT....?

I'm obviously missing something! The billboards are pinned at the top (though I didn't see the comment you mention), and are also on the page. Was there another post that was deleted? I'm behind here.

I've noticed that he deletes a lot of posts - the HFJ page looks different each time I go there, as in we lose a few days or so in the timeline. WT....?

I still see the billboard post too. To see the comments, you have to click on the number of comments listed, but they're all there, including the one about his PI vetting calls.

I've also noticed that not only are posts deleted but the order of posts changes even when there isn't a new comment to bump it up. It's very confusing.

I still see the billboard post too. To see the comments, you have to click on the number of comments listed, but they're all there, including the one about his PI vetting calls.

I've also noticed that not only are posts deleted but the order of posts changes even when there isn't a new comment to bump it up. It's very confusing.

Can you link the direct facebook billboard post again Lilibet. Because I no longer see it. Thanks.

A billboard is up according to JR. He is hoping for leads soon. He mentioned earlier that it's red on one side, yellow on the other, so this is one billboard. He also mentioned earlier that it would be placed in the vicinity where Jenny was last seen.

attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/642140139294367/

Okay correction. When I click on the link here then I can see it. But when I go to the group page. Then I can only see the other threads and not this one. Anyways. Sorry for the mishaps.

Okay correction. When I click on the link here then I can see it. But when I go to the group page. Then I can only see the other threads and not this one. Anyways. Sorry for the mishaps.

Does this solve the mystery: Might you be accessing the HFJ page through the mobile site? If I go to https://m.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/ I don't see the "Billboards are up" post, either, but if I click on "View Pinned Post" at the top, it does appear.

If I go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/ the post appears without having to click anything.

I only happened to find the mobile site because when I am at the non-mobile site, I can't see all the old posts! When there, and if I scroll down, the farthest I can get to is a post by someone (not JR) dated May 30, who provided a link to ondafeminista with that pic of Jenny on a bus full of farm workers. It looks like the rest is trying to load, but it never seems to. But if I am at the mobile site, I can see all the older posts. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it only because I don't have a FB account?

Does this solve the mystery: Might you be accessing the HFJ page through the mobile site? If I go to https://m.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/ I don't see the "Billboards are up" post, either, but if I click on "View Pinned Post" at the top, it does appear.

If I go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/ the post appears without having to click anything.

I only happened to find the mobile site because when I am at the non-mobile site, I can't see all the old posts! When there, and if I scroll down, the farthest I can get to is a post by someone (not JR) dated May 30, who provided a link to ondafeminista with that pic of Jenny on a bus full of farm workers. It looks like the rest is trying to load, but it never seems to. But if I am at the mobile site, I can see all the older posts. Does this happen to anyone else, or is it only because I don't have a FB account?

Good sleuthing! I must be on the non mobile site even though I'm on an iPad. You're right that the "Billboards are Up" post does not appear automatically on the mobile site. But it does on the non mobile site. I have a FB account and just scrolled back to the beginning of the page on both the mobile and non mobile sites. So it's possible that being unable to see older posts on the non mobile site is due to not having an account.

Hey everyone! I m happy to be back in Mexico City (not really...) after a lovely mini vacation. I see that the articles have been translated by a few people which is great! I have had a look online and find it quite interesting that the last articles I can find about this case were from around the end of April, and a few in the beginning of May. I did come across a facebook page dedicated to missing people in Mexico. It is called "Siguiendo Tus Huellas - Oficial" (Following Your Footsteps - Official) where people post the missing persons reports of their loved ones. I browsed around for a bit and noticed Jenny's case is not there. It might be helpful if JR would include her case there, as it seems to reach to a much wider audience. ( on a side note - if you decide to look, notice all the children with "en busca de familiares" on their profile. These are children who have been found abandoned or otherwise, and the authorities can't locate their families. This is just really sad to me). Hopefully they get some leads from the billboards.

Bingo. I'm mobile. Okay. That's why. Thanks SP.

I've been offline/overseas for 3 weeks... and WHOA.... so much going on here it's taken me 24 hours to catch up. Thanks to everyone for the updates. The massage parlor. Just wow. What was JR thinking. I live in Seattle and didn't hear about the vice sting until reading it hear.

I saw a young Asian woman on my trip who was holding a 'girl with the pearl earring&#8217; bag (as seen on her FB profile pic)... boy, did that set off alarms!! It wasn&#8217;t Jenny though, she was quite tall. But I kept my eyes out even though I took a break from this case and social media.

I have traveled a lot by myself over the last 20 years, including China and India and all over Europe. You have to take many precautions and trust no one but yourself. You have to be smart about it. You must also be prepared, alert, communicate and have funds. You can't take risks.

This is why Jenny's case has fascinated me from the start. And that she & JR are from Seattle. The media here have not followed this story. I hope the KIRO tv reporter that reported the sting follows up with a connection to JR. At a minimum to get more info on the unanswered questions - who other than JR saw her last (great question!), medical issues, timing of his travel. Not to incriminate him (although I don't trust him one bit!) but to get the story moving again &#8211; and get real answers.

Sorry I haven't provided anything new... just overwhelmed by all the developments and wanted to thank you all for the updates. I hope Jenny is found.

PS Welcome to Karma and others and welcome back sheebs. Oh, and the billboards do look good - a first positive from JR.

That's a very sad and horrifying story about the two young women in traveling in Ecuador. My condolences to their families and friends. They became the prey of cruel men.

But I'm afraid the Facebook post mentioned in the article kind of pushes my buttons, so I apologize in advance for writing a book. I do have to disagree that pointing out how the victim (these women and possibly Jenny) naively put themselves in dangerous situations is "blaming the victim" for their own deaths. Obviously, someone bad probably took advantage of Jenny (and these two women) and the bad person is clearly to blame. If it hadn't been the two Austalian women or probably Jenny, it might have been someone else. But pointing out risks taken that shouldn't have been taken might make other women think twice about how they travel and what risks they take. It might prevent another woman from suffering the same fate. I just don't see that as blaming the victim, unless it's done with the intent to be hurtful IMO.

The truth is that women are more vulnerable than men, both physically and culturally. To act as if that disparity doesn't exist and not take appropriate precautions is unwise. In a perfect world, a solo woman should be able to travel safely alone. But we all know this isn't a perfect world and there are predators who view women as prey. Likewise, it would be nice to be able to go on a hike without taking precautions where mountain lions are known to hunt. But a sensible person will educate themselves about the risk and either avoid the area or take precautions. It's no different for women (and even men) traveling in areas known to be risky.

It may not seem "fair" that they have to take precautions just because we live in a world where women are prey. But I'd rather be alive than try to make a point that the world shouldn't be this way and that just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I shouldn't take whatever risks I want without potential consequences. One or two women idealistically traveling where it's risky or taking risks isn't going to change the culture. And none of this means that women have to stay home. It just means they need to be alert and careful, even more so when they are naive and inexperienced. JMO

All that being said, I was once young and naive and inexperienced. I took different risks, and if harm had come to me, I like to think that people would be kind. But I also like to think that I would have acknowledged that the risks I took may have contributed to putting me in a position where harm could come my way. I hope I learned from my mistakes, and I hope women learn from the mistakes of others so they can minimize their risk until the world becomes perfectly safe for all.

On the coast of Oregon, people are killed along the cliffs or by sneaker waves because they ignore the signs telling them to stay back. I hope that isn't what happened to the young man mentioned above and that it was a freak accident. But if he ignored a sign, it's not nature being cruel, it's a human being stupid. As sad as these deaths are, in these cases the victims are responsible for their own deaths.
JMO

And again I find myself trying to "double thanks" Lilibet.....

Regarding rosesfromangels' comment "Further, to be blunt, you don't see many Asian people in Mexico. You really don't.":
Her Asian appearance, then, coupled with her lack of social boundaries would have made her easily stand out and remembered by people no matter where she traveled in Mexico. That is the good thing about trying to find her.

And on the subject of Jenny seeing a psychiatrist, I thought I'd again post where this information came from. It was in Jenny's own words, from her Weibo writings. It is part of her 21-day gratitude challenge where she lists 3 things she is grateful for, then also lists exercise, meditation and a random act of kindness. This one is dated 12/25/2015, under Meditation. I realize for some, the weibo links won't open (I can open it on my desktop, but not on my ipad. Don't know why) so here's that part of the text, in addition to the link: http://t.cn/R4qF3aM

"Meditation: 10 min. i made decision about going back to visit my psychiatrist regularly ( no, I am not rich or crazy). I recognize I still can't let things come and go."

Reading her weibo again, I found a place where she actually writes of the disorder, on 12/17/15. Again, this is in her gratitude journaling. But, not of her having the disorder, but a friend. She lists this as #3 of things to be grateful for. It doesn't sound like Jenny believes she has bipolar disorder, then, by what she writes here. (I've taken out the name of the friend):
http://t.cn/R4LJnWF

"3)Knowing more about what is bipolar. My curiosity made me want to know what bipolar feels like? Why [friend's name] suddenly becoming talked so fast, so much, so nonsense. It's very interesting to know what is going on her brain. I am glad here America is a place to openly able me to discover anything I want to know, and to be rational, scientific about it. Tons of bipolar people willing to talk about what is mental hospital like? They are soo open about it, and wish their sickness can help normal people understand and be aware of it. In China, one of my cousin has bipolar too, but the opposite, hiding it, not allow to talk about it. That's why so many people will have wrong judgement, think mental illness is scary."

She does mention this person's name who she talks about in more posts, and calls her a friend. It seems she is very tolerant of this person's behavior, looking at it with a very curious, studying attitude. I imagine it could be possible she does see something of herself in her friend with mental illness struggles, and that's where her interest and tolerance is coming from? She does say she has a cousin with the disorder, but is that a close enough relation to consider a genetic link?

Slowpoke, does she actually mention her friend's name? This woman is completely out of bounds socially, in my book. It almost seems like a disorder. Maybe I'm not understanding, and these posts weren't public, but they've certainly become so. She talks about her husband/marriage, her friend's mental illness, inquires into and wants to photograph men looking at *advertiser censored*, pushing people for photos, etc., etc., etc. (And I forgot the documenting on social media of her hosts' poor "facilities".) This behavior isn't simply "pushy" -it's incredible disrespectful of other people.

Slowpoke, does she actually mention her friend's name? This woman is completely out of bounds socially, in my book. It almost seems like a disorder. Maybe I'm not understanding, and these posts weren't public, but they've certainly become so. She talks about her husband/marriage, her friend's mental illness, inquires into and wants to photograph men looking at *advertiser censored*, pushing people for photos, etc., etc., etc. (And I forgot the documenting on social media of her hosts' poor "facilities".) This behavior isn't simply "pushy" -it's incredible disrespectful of other people.

And I will now "double thank" you, Fridaybaker. You put my thoughts into words. I honestly don't know what to make of it as I've never known anyone like Jenny. Her Mom reportedly asked her at some point who would be in her wedding since she didn't have friends! (Sorry...I think the link is buried in the previous thread). That speaks volumes IMO. Jenny just seems clueless about interactions.

Obvious questions, but....

1. Have hospitals been checked?
2. Jails?

And I will now "double thank" you, Fridaybaker. You put my thoughts into words. I honestly don't know what to make of it as I've never known anyone like Jenny. Her Mom reportedly asked her at some point who would be in her wedding since she didn't have friends! (Sorry...I think the link is buried in the previous thread). That speaks volumes IMO. Jenny just seems clueless about interactions.

Lol. I remember that.

And Jenny said she would just hire fake actors for her wedding if needed. Lol.

Ole Jenny don't mess around. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member