Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it has anything to do with Jenny either.
Anyways, my translation:
"We will control the website until the company listens to us"

and underneath: They hacked Grupo Modelo's website. The response they gave was worthy of an applause.

(with no link to the actual article it's impossible to know what they're talking about, and I really don't think this is of any importance to Jenny's case)

Free beer for the group?

Jmo. Corona can't force the contracted trucking company to do anything that has nothing to do with Corona.

Now if the company lost a shipment and didn't want to pay Corona the full value; Then Corona would have to go through litigation themselves to prove that the trucking company was 100% at fault and needs to pay for the entire shipment.

So why does Jr blame Corona as if he thinks they are conspiring with the trucking company?

Now it would be different if Jonathan or Jenny was a Corona employee.

But they're not.

Jmo.

Jmo. Corona can't force the contracted trucking company to do anything that has nothing to do with Corona.

Now if the company lost a shipment and didn't want to pay Corona the full value; Then Corona would have to go through litigation themselves to prove that the trucking company was 100% at fault and needs to pay for the entire shipment.

So why does Jr blame Corona as if he thinks they are conspiring with the trucking company?

But they're not.

Jmo.

Corona could put pressure on the company as in threatening pulling the contract to haul their shipments.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

Corona could put pressure on the company as in threatening pulling the contract to haul their shipments.

[emoji237]Always My Own Opinion[emoji4]

Sorry. But this is business with a trusted trucking company in another country.

Now it took 18 years for advertisers to stop supporting the Bill O'Reilly show due to his shenanigans.

So do you think that Corona would depart with the best Mexico shipping company that they are aligned with?

Especially since there is no proof that Jenny got in the truck.

Btw. Where is the picture or information or Facebook page of this Ghost witness or witnesses that seen Jenny get in the truck and overheard the supposed conversation?

Btw. I bet Corona is asking Jonathan the same thing. They probably told him to produce his witnesses so they can vet them.

But ooppps.

So imo. If your witnesses don't show up for questioning by Corona. Then obviously Corona isn't going to mess up big business on unsubstantiated information. Jmo.

While logic would suggest that Jenny has long since passed, her unusual journey and risk taking behavior do not preclude the unlikely outcome that she will be found alive. The odds are certainly against this outcome, but I do think there is a chance she is being held against her will in a brothel (Tijuana brothel district would be the first place I'd look), or working in a factory or resort as a maid, etc.

And, as bizarre as it sounds, she could very well be back in her home town in China. Depending on what she told her family, they may feel no obligation to provide JR with any info at all. Does anyone know if he is communicating with Jenny's family?

I found it, this guy, who was he again?

Piden-localizar-a-Jenny-Chen-ciudadana-americana.jpg

http://oaxacadiaadia.com/2016/04/30/piden-localizar-a-jenny-chen-ciudadana-americana/

Either this guy is quite tall, or Jenny is a peanut! If she is as petite as she looks in this photo, this gives me additional concern. : (

Thank you everyone for your input! I finally decided on sending JR a pm instead of posting in the HFJ wall, I guess I'm more of a soft approach type of person, especially when dealing with someone in the midst of a life crisis.
I'm guessing I won't hear back, but at least now he has been given this information and can make use of it as he sees fit.
I'm hoping I haven't violated any TOS by doing this or posting about it, I'm certainly not trying to "insert myself into the investigation" and I made no mention of WS in my message. I sent him the link to the Chinese page and also a screenshot of it.

You're very kind, Feronia. I don't think you violated TOS since you didn't mention WS. While I'll admit I wanted to see his response, I think you did well. The goal is to make sure he has the info, not just to see his reaction. Thanks for doing it.
:loveyou:

Seems to be an advertising campaign by Grupo Modelo, with a fake hack to create buzz and sell more beer.
https://translate.google.com/transl...ales-con-un-hackeo-para-lanzar-una-promocion/

Great find, slowpoke! According to the article, the advertising campaign fooled a lot of people until the hashtag #promo started to appear. So it's clear this had nothing to do with Jenny. I'm not really sure why the person posted it on HFJ. Jusf because Grupo Modelo is mentioned somewhere doesn't mean Jenny is involved. Smh.

But they're not.

Jmo.
BBM

Sorry. But this is business with a trusted trucking company in another country.

Now it took 18 years for advertisers to stop supporting the Bill O'Reilly show due to his shenanigans.

So do you think that Corona would depart with the best Mexico shipping company that they are aligned with?

Especially since there is no proof that Jenny got in the truck

Btw. Where is the picture or information or Facebook page of this Ghost witness or witnesses that seen Jenny get in the truck and overheard the supposed conversation?

Btw. I bet Corona is asking Jonathan the same thing. They probably told him to produce his witnesses so they can vet them.

But ooppps.

So imo. If your witnesses don't show up for questioning by Corona. Then obviously Corona isn't going to mess up big business on unsubstantiated information. Jmo.
BBM (except for last two underlined sentences)

Although rumor has it that there are family members of the Kugar owner who work for Corona (Grupo Modelo), it's far fetched IMO to think there is a conspiracy between the two companies to hide information...unless they KNOW one of the drivers harmed Jenny. If they do know this for sure, I doubt Corona would pressure Kugar. They have nothing (not even their reputations) to lose if they stonewall. They won't suffer financially either because I doubt anyone cares enough to boycott these companies because of Jenny.

As you said, Dex, if they only have JR's claims to go by, and no solid proof, I agree that there is no reason for Corona to pressure Kugar and ruin a successful business arrangement. If JR expects that he's being unrealistic.
JMO

While logic would suggest that Jenny has long since passed, her unusual journey and risk taking behavior do not preclude the unlikely outcome that she will be found alive. The odds are certainly against this outcome, but I do think there is a chance she is being held against her will in a brothel (Tijuana brothel district would be the first place I'd look), or working in a factory or resort as a maid, etc.

And, as bizarre as it sounds, she could very well be back in her home town in China. Depending on what she told her family, they may feel no obligation to provide JR with any info at all. Does anyone know if he is communicating with Jenny's family?

I think it's interesting that one of the tweets JR suggested posting accuses Kugar of having drivers who are sex traffickers and Oaxaca LE of protecting sex traffickers. Someone commented that these are serious accusations and he should be more specific about how he got the information. JR replied that it's the result of a "year of investigation", and edited his post yesterday to make that clear and to say that LE gave lie detector tests to the drivers. So I wonder if he has some kind of proof that this guy he names is a sex trafficker and thinks Jenny may be alive in a brothel.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/792110044297375/

We don't know if JR is communicating with Jenny's family, but webant has sent an email to the Chinese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore, hoping they can obtain and provide some information about that.

Either this guy is quite tall, or Jenny is a peanut! If she is as petite as she looks in this photo, this gives me additional concern. : (

Yes she is a peanut! A poster says she's 5 feet/150 centimeters (which actually calculates to 4'9") and 105 lbs/50kg (which calculates to 110 lbs). Take your pick. Either way, her small size makes her vulnerable.

BBM

BBM (except for last two underlined sentences)

Although rumor has it that there are family members of the Kugar owner who work for Corona (Grupo Modelo), it's far fetched IMO to think there is a conspiracy between the two companies to hide information...unless they KNOW one of the drivers harmed Jenny. If they do know this for sure, I doubt Corona would pressure Kugar. They have nothing (not even their reputations) to lose if they stonewall. They won't suffer financially either because I doubt anyone cares enough to boycott these companies because of Jenny.

As you said, Dex, if they only have JR's claims to go by, and no solid proof, I agree that there is no reason for Corona to pressure Kugar and ruin a successful business arrangement. If JR expects that he's being unrealistic.
JMO

Here's why I think JR is full of it- why in the WORLD would Modelo risk the consequences of covering up a crime by a lowly truck driver? There would be no logical (or illogical) reason for this. People commit heinous crimes every day and no one blames their employer.

It's not like there aren't a hundred truck drivers who would apply for the job the next day if they 'outed' a criminal in their ranks. SMH

Here's why I think JR is full of it- why in the WORLD would Modelo risk the consequences of covering up a crime by a lowly truck driver? There would be no logical (or illogical) reason for this. People commit heinous crimes every day and no one blames their employer.

MeanMaryJean, I'm quoting your post, but not picking solely on you, as I think others are wrong about this as well. There are at least three reasons that readily come to mind why these companies might cover up a rape and murder by a driver: 1) to avoid losing a multimillion dollar law suite. 2) Kugar might want to cover it up to avoid loosing Corona's business. 3) the driver could be a relative of the owner or senior management of Kugar or one of the other companies.

Employers are very often held financially liable for the actions of their employees. McDonald's had a judgement against them for 2.86 million dollars because one of their employees handed a cup of coffee to a woman and then she spilled it on herself. The coffee was very hot and hurt the women...who had spilled it on herself. 2.86 million dollars...that was for a hot cup of coffee.

If JR and his team didn't have credible witnesses to Jenny being picked up by the 'Corona' truck, the police would never have brought a driver in for a polygraph test and Kugar would not have released the GPS log(s).

That the suspect truck was sold and never located for a forensics test, in my opinion, speaks volumes...

If the truck is now located, a year on, and a forensics test done which is reported as being negative...too late, they have lost all credibility.

Thank you everyone for your input! I finally decided on sending JR a pm instead of posting in the HFJ wall, I guess I'm more of a soft approach type of person, especially when dealing with someone in the midst of a life crisis.
I'm guessing I won't hear back, but at least now he has been given this information and can make use of it as he sees fit.
I'm hoping I haven't violated any TOS by doing this or posting about it, I'm certainly not trying to "insert myself into the investigation" and I made no mention of WS in my message. I sent him the link to the Chinese page and also a screenshot of it.

Thanks for doing this, Feronia !

I don't feel picked on - no worries there. But I also respectfully disagree.

That's what makes WS so great- the free exchange of ideas.

MeanMaryJean, I'm quoting your post, but not picking solely on you, as I think others are wrong about this as well. There are at least three reasons that readily come to mind why these companies might cover up a rape and murder by a driver: 1) to avoid losing a multimillion dollar law suite. 2) Kugar might want to cover it up to avoid loosing Corona's business. 3) the driver could be a relative of the owner or senior management of Kugar or one of the other companies.

Employers are very often held financially liable for the actions of their employees. McDonald's had a judgement against them for 2.86 million dollars because one of their employees handed a cup of coffee to a woman and then she spilled it on herself. The coffee was very hot and hurt the women...who had spilled it on herself. 2.86 million dollars...that was for a hot cup of coffee.

If JR and his team didn't have credible witnesses to Jenny being picked up by the 'Corona' truck, the police would never have brought a driver in for a polygraph test and Kugar would not have released the GPS log(s).

That the suspect truck was sold and never located for a forensics test, in my opinion, speaks volumes...

If the truck is now located, a year on, and a forensics test done which is reported as being negative...too late, they have lost all credibility.

You always make such good points, webant. My brain is running on empty today, so my thoughts may be way off in addition to being lengthy, but here goes. :D

I think it's quite possible that Corona did pressure Kugar to cooperate. I just doubt they'd go to the extent of threatening to dump Kugar as their transportation company (as I discussed with Dex) without much more info. But maybe they have that info and did apply pressure. Or, maybe Corona and/or Kugar stonewalled for any of your three reasons or another. JR's recent allegations of sex trafficking make me wonder if that's the compelling reason for a cover-up.

For a while, both companies were cooperating with JR according to his account of visiting Mexico. He was optimistic. I think it's quite possible that LE got access to the drivers because of employer pressure on the drivers, and the pressure certainly could be due to an abundance of evidence/reasons we aren't aware of. Or, LE may have gotten to the drivers without corporation help. JR may not know or hasn't told HFJ exactly when or how the polygraphs came about. His intensely negative focus on the corporations implies that they are somehow involved in covering things up, rather than cooperating. But JR has a history of being highly critical of anyone who can't or won't help him (the U.S. Embassy, his congressman, the Chinese Embassy, etc) so I take his opinions with a grain of salt.

I honestly don't think the possible threat of a lawsuit would intimidate these corporations. Could JR file and win a lawsuit in Mexico? Or would the justice system there grind him to a pulp. I'm doubtful he could prevail unless there was something going on that was waaaay bigger than Jenny.

The McDonald's hot coffee lawsuit really wasn't about an employee acting improperly. It was about the standard McD temperature of the coffee causing third degree burns and getting compensation for expenses. The $2.7 million was the amount the jury decided against McD for punitive damages. It was significantly reduced after the trial. However, there certainly are cases in which a corporation has been found responsible for employee misconduct.

OT: Public opinion about this case has always bothered me. Many people think this case is the poster child for frivolous lawsuits. I strongly disagree. It's worth reading the Wikipedia account, at the very least, to understand the whole story. For starters, all the woman originally wanted was the modest amount of $20,000 for medical and related expenses. She very likely would have accepted less. McD offered $800, first and final offer. Hence, the lawsuit, which could have been settled before trial. Read on....(not trying to debate, just present more info that IMO has been overlooked by the public).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liebeck_v._McDonald's_Restaurants

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punitive_damages

Apologies for going on and on and on. I'll try to edit better in the future. :)

I think it's quite possible that Corona did pressure Kugar to cooperate. I just doubt they'd go to the extent of threatening to dump Kugar as their transportation company (as I discussed with Dex) without much more info. But maybe they have that info and did apply pressure. Or, maybe Corona and/or Kugar stonewalled for any of your three reasons or another. JR's recent allegations of sex trafficking make me wonder if that's the compelling reason for a cover-up.

For a while, both companies were cooperating with JR according to his account of visiting Mexico. He was optimistic. I think it's quite possible that LE got access to the drivers because of employer pressure on the drivers, and the pressure certainly could be due to an abundance of evidence/reasons we aren't aware of. Or, LE may have gotten to the drivers without corporation help. JR may not know or hasn't told HFJ exactly when or how the polygraphs came about. His intensely negative focus on the corporations implies that they are somehow involved in covering things up, rather than cooperating. But JR has a history of being highly critical of anyone who can't or won't help him (the U.S. Embassy, his congressman, the Chinese Embassy, etc) so I take his opinions with a grain of salt.

We don't know what made them get rid of that truck, it could have been too much of a crime scene to clean up. And all their actions over the last year could be just a way of stringing JR and his team along, wearing them down until they go away.

I honestly don't think the possible threat of a lawsuit would intimidate these corporations. Could JR file and win a lawsuit in Mexico? Or would the justice system there grind him to a pulp. I'm doubtful he could prevail unless there was something going on that was waaaay bigger than Jenny.

Not Mexico, the US. You don't think they would cover this up to avoid a 20 or 50 million dollar lawsuit in the US? I do.

How much would Kugar-Corona-Modelo be sued for in the US because of a murder by one of their drivers? What would they settle for?

The McDonald's hot coffee lawsuit really wasn't about an employee acting improperly. It was about the standard McD temperature of the coffee causing third degree burns and getting compensation for expenses. The $2.7 million was the amount the jury decided against McD for punitive damages. It was significantly reduced after the trial. However, there certainly are cases in which a corporation has been found responsible for employee misconduct.

The judgment was significantly reduced after trail, to $600,000, but that wasn't the end of it. The reduction was appealed and then settled out of court for an undisclosed amount pending a court decision on that appeal.

Not Mexico, the US. You don't think they would cover this up to avoid a 20 or 50 million dollar lawsuit in the US? I do.

How much would Kugar-Corona-Modelo be sued for in the US because of a murder by one of their drivers? What would they settle for?

Sorry, that didn't come off right. What I meant to write is:
Not Mexico, the US. Do you think a company might cover this up to avoid a 20 or 50 million dollar lawsuit in the US? I do.

How much would Kugar-Corona-Modelo be sued for in the US, if there was evidence that one of their drivers murdered Jenny? What would they settle for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18