Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone reading the Find Jenny page today? Johnathon (and friends) have linked the guys Facebook page that they believe to be responsible.

Not only that, but his wife's too.

I know we can't talk about this guy here, but is this the same name that was on the GPS record we poured over in September? I can't go look now but I will later unless someone beats me to it. We had screenshots. Thanks.

JR indicates that he lied about having his family with him, so that explains why we were looking at "family guy's" GPS record. I never understood that.

I don't understand what JR's "permission" to troll this guy is supposed to accomplish, but I understand his frustration with everyone who said they'd help. This driver will just shut down his page and disappear IMO.

To answer my question above, apparently this is the same guy on the GPS log. The name on the GPS record was JS. He goes by JMS on FB, according to the HFJ page. However JR is calling him by JSR. I'm not sure where the "R" comes from. But the "R" is what confused me.

I wish this would hit MSM quoting LE so we can take off our muzzles.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-2&p=12837193#post12837193

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/792103820964664/

BBM
Hi everyone, I have been following Jenny's case since the beginning and posted a few times back in the first thread, but my busy life with a toddler makes me more of a lurker than a poster at the moment ;-)
There has been some great sleuthing here lately! Well done everyone! I'm glad to see that Jenny's case is not forgotten.
Webant, did you hear anything from the Singapore chamber of commerce yet?
Has anyone contacted JR about the webpage with Jenny's habitual username? I'm in the HFJ-group with my "anonymous" account, if someone could suggest to me a suitable wording, I wouldn't mind sending a message from my account,but I'm a little bit self concious about my English, and I don't want to say anything (unwillingly) inappropriate to this poor man who is looking for his lost wife (yes, I know his own communication style is not always the best, but still...).
As for the bolded part, in Spain and Spanish speaking countries, people have two last names. The first one is your father's last name, and the second is your mother's. Often people use only the first of the two last names (the father's) on a day-to-day basis, therefore this guy can be JMS on FB, although his complete name seems to be JMSR.

To answer my question above, apparently this is the same guy on the GPS log. The name on the GPS record was JS. He goes by JMS on FB, according to the HFJ page. However JR is calling him by JSR. I'm not sure where the "R" comes from. But the "R" is what confused me.

I wish this would hit MSM quoting LE so we can take off our muzzles.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...axaca-11-April-2016-2&p=12837193#post12837193

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/792103820964664/

Back when JR made the GPS log available on the HFJ site (September-October), he also published the driver's name, the initials of which were JSR. The GPS log just shows the driver's two names, JS.

Has anyone contacted JR about the webpage with Jenny's habitual username? I'm in the HFJ-group with my "anonymous" account, if someone could suggest to me a suitable wording, I wouldn't mind sending a message from my account,but I'm a little bit self concious about my English, and I don't want to say anything (unwillingly) inappropriate to this poor man who is looking for his lost wife

No reply yet from Singapore.

I think asking JR what he knows or thinks about the interesting lead that Kaboom and Dex found is a good idea. I would keep it simple and just ask JR if he is aware that a new account was started with Jenny's user ID two weeks after she disappeared. I would link to that account so JR could see it.

BBM
Hi everyone, I have been following Jenny's case since the beginning and posted a few times back in the first thread, but my busy life with a toddler makes me more of a lurker than a poster at the moment ;-)
There has been some great sleuthing here lately! Well done everyone! I'm glad to see that Jenny's case is not forgotten.
Has anyone contacted JR about the webpage with Jenny's habitual username? I'm in the HFJ-group with my "anonymous" account, if someone could suggest to me a suitable wording, I wouldn't mind sending a message from my account,but I'm a little bit self concious about my English, and I don't want to say anything (unwillingly) inappropriate to this poor man who is looking for his lost wife (yes, I know his own communication style is not always the best, but still...).
As for the bolded part, in Spain and Spanish speaking countries, people have two last names. The first one is your father's last name, and the second is your mother's. Often people use only the first of the two last names (the father's) on a day-to-day basis, therefore this guy can be JMS on FB, although his complete name seems to be JMSR.

Hi Feronia. Long time no see.

Now if you ask Jr about the new social media account that has Jennys signature users name. Then its probably best to screenshot the page and post it and ask him if he seen it.

But in all honesty. He will probably debunk the entire thing in 2 seconds instead of having the Chinese Embassy to get the information from the site to see what email was used to start up the account on 4/29/16.

But idk. But anyways. Glad you are doing ok.

BBM
BBM

:seeya: Hi Feronia! Thanks for stopping by. It's good to see you again. And thanks for the two last name explanation. That makes sense.

I haven't seen anyone post to the page yet so I guess we've been waiting for you! :) I think your English is terrific! You've gotten a couple of good suggestions for wording. I'm sure you will keep it simple and helpful, so he won't have reason to feel defensive. That doesn't mean he won't react dismissively (I agree with Dex), but that's on him. Don't mention WS. I would post both the link and the screen shot(s) and do it on the page, rather than as a pm. Give us a heads up so we can watch for it. Even though it can't be posted here, someone should screenshot any reply in case its deleted. His reply can be paraphrased here.

Who knows? Maybe this will give him hope!

I'm missing something here- the Guy Fawkes mask...

I'm missing something here- the Guy Fawkes mask...

Isn't the mask the trademark of the group "Anonymous"?

Since the release in 2006 of the film V for Vendetta, the use of stylised "Guy Fawkes" masks, with moustache and pointed beard, has become widespread internationally among groups protesting against politicians, banks, and financial institutions. The masks both conceal the identity and protect the face of individuals and demonstrate their commitment to a shared cause.[SUP][12][/SUP][SUP][13][/SUP]
After appearing in Internet forums, the mask became a well-known symbol for the online
hacktivist group Anonymous, used in Project Chanology, the Occupy movement
, and other anti-government and anti-establishment protests around the world.

Much more at link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_mask

Isn't the mask the trademark of the group "Anonymous"?

After appearing in Internet forums, the mask became a well-known symbol for the online hacktivist group Anonymous, used in Project Chanology, the Occupy movement, and other anti-government and anti-establishment protests around the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes_mask

Maybe Anonymous can do the I.T forensics on Jennys social media accounts?

But I do not know any hacktivists folks.

Btw. The post was in Spanish. So is Anonymous going to hack the beer company for information?

My son did his best translating.

In the quotes:
The network will drive us until the company pays attention.

Under the anon mask:
They hacked the network of the model group. Their resonance is worthy of applause.

My son did his best translating.

In the quotes:
The network will drive us until the company pays attention.

Under the anon mask:
They hacked the network of the model group. Their resonance is worthy of applause.

Your son is better than Google. :) It still doesn't make sense. It's talking about hacking Grupo Modelo, the distributor of Corona. What this has to do with Jenny is anyone's guess. I doubt Anonymous has taken up her cause.
JMO

Thank you everyone for your input! I finally decided on sending JR a pm instead of posting in the HFJ wall, I guess I'm more of a soft approach type of person, especially when dealing with someone in the midst of a life crisis.
I'm guessing I won't hear back, but at least now he has been given this information and can make use of it as he sees fit.
I'm hoping I haven't violated any TOS by doing this or posting about it, I'm certainly not trying to "insert myself into the investigation" and I made no mention of WS in my message. I sent him the link to the Chinese page and also a screenshot of it.

Your son is better than Google. :) It still doesn't make sense. It's talking about hacking Grupo Modelo, the distributor of Corona. What this has to do with Jenny is anyone's guess. I doubt Anonymous has taken up her cause.
JMO

I don't think it has anything to do with Jenny either.
Anyways, my translation:
"We will control the website until the company listens to us"

and underneath: They hacked Grupo Modelo's website. The response they gave was worthy of an applause.

(with no link to the actual article it's impossible to know what they're talking about, and I really don't think this is of any importance to Jenny's case)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyShakes