Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone really believe this guy had his future wife and her kids out on beer runs that day? That guy didn't get married until 8/2016, 4 months after Jenny disappeared.

Anyway, it might be the wrong driver. What happened to the other guy?

That family info first came to us via Jr telling us.

But the witness never told him that the driver had family on board.

So I guess the driver told LE this if correct.

So if Jr believed the family story. Than why not focus on the other driver at first?

Because how could Jr debunk the story if no one is telling him nothing?

Now I would say maybe Jr knew the driver lied due to gps and polygraph.

But if that is the case. Then why doesn't Jr tell us all the questions that the driver failed during the polygraph.

Because imo. LE never said the guy walked out during the polygraph.

Only Jr said that.

Jmo.

This is definitely a who dunnit.

Pursuing the trafficking possibility, JR will be traveling to Mexico next month to join a group of families physically searching for their loved ones in areas known to be harboring trafficked women. This is sponsored by Amnesty International and the United Nations and is called "the caravan for life." He reached out to Corona for support and was refused. He can't say publicly what areas they will go to due to cartel danger.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/805066139668432/

I googled and can't find anything that exactly matches this group, so maybe they are not online. There is one that is close in name but doesn't seem to fit.

http://peacelifejustice.org/que-es-la-caravana-2016-2/

In any case, this article describes something similar, and shows how dangerous it is. I admire JR for getting involved, even though it's a long shot.

http://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Desaparecidos-Caravan-10803805.php

I hope JR has his affairs in order. If we don't see any more updates, we'll know why.

Pursuing the trafficking possibility, JR will be traveling to Mexico next month to join a group of families physically searching for their loved ones in areas known to be harboring trafficked women. This is sponsored by Amnesty International and the United Nations and is called "the caravan for life." He reached out to Corona for support and was refused. He can't say publicly what areas they will go to due to cartel danger.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/805066139668432/

I googled and can't find anything that exactly matches this group, so maybe they are not online. There is one that is close in name but doesn't seem to fit.

http://peacelifejustice.org/que-es-la-caravana-2016-2/

In any case, this article describes something similar, and shows how dangerous it is. I admire JR for getting involved, even though it's a long shot.

http://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Desaparecidos-Caravan-10803805.php

So is he going to search near the truck drivers house as well?

Or is he searching with a group in any area they choose to search for their own loved ones?

Because imo. He never searched his point A concerns which is the drivers house.

But now he wants to search possible brothel or prostitution areas where some girls are taken and forced to work?

Imo. I bet jr still doesn't know where this guy lives. Jmo.

So his p.i is basically worthless still to me imo.

Like Lilibet, I can't find this "caravan for life" mentioned by JR (found the same links which don't fit) and I've searched every which way to Sunday in both English & (rudimentary) Spanish.

Unfortunately <turns on dripping sarcasm>, JR can't give any details to those offering help with this trip because he doesn't want to "alert the cartels". </dripping sarcasm>. Which begs the question: why did he bother announcing it?

I'm going to have a dig around Amnesty International Mexico, & failing that, the UN (<-sarky comment again).

Like Lilibet, I can't find this "caravan for life" mentioned by JR (found the same links which don't fit) and I've searched every which way to Sunday in both English & (rudimentary) Spanish.

Unfortunately <turns on dripping sarcasm>, JR can't give any details to those offering help with this trip because he doesn't want to "alert the cartels". </dripping sarcasm>. Which begs the question: why did he bother announcing it?

I'm going to have a dig around Amnesty International Mexico, & failing that, the UN (<-sarky comment again).

I want to 'thank' this more than once.

BBM

Ha! I'm glad you couldn't find it either and I about drowned in your dripping sarcasm. :D I gave up before going down the Amnesty International or the UN rabbit holes. Don't get lost!

He's willing to pm info to those wanting to help, but how does he know they don't have a cartel connection? Does the group he's going with know he's inviting random people to join them?

I'm not sure why he announced it except to indicate he's doing something. The trouble is, it's a very dangerous and foolhardy something, and even though I admire his guts, I question why he would think it could be effective. As GigTu said, he'd better have his affairs in order. As Dexter asked, what about the driver's house? Not that I think Jenny would be there, but it seems that a more direct contact by his PI would be in order. I agree with Dex that he's probably limited to going where the group goes. That's certainly safer than going alone, but not focused on Jenny.

Another wild goose chase begins. Funded by.....?

Well Jr claims that Jenny was kidnapped by this guy over here. But he wants to not search the local area of the suspect. Because he would rather go with a group of other families that are searching for their loved ones over there? Which is probably miles away.

So if you have a suspect that lives near open land or whatever. Than wouldn't you try to search that area first? Jmo

So imo. Money is limited. So why go off coarse during a search and possible rescue. Jmo.

Now most suspects hold the victim or bury the bodies not too far from home. So is Jr expecting any leads from searching nowhere near the suspects home or at least the suspects driving route during those days?

Just asking.

So imo once again. Jr is misleading people if he chooses not to go anywhere near the suspects home area to search. Plus another thing. Jr doesn't have this guy's address imo.

Which is odd for the driver being his prime suspect. Jmo.

So once again Jr is probably misleading us on his mentionings that he knows that this driver is the guy. Jmo.

I keep calibrating myself that this case has little to do with Mexico. Per capita, we actually have *more* missing people in the US than in Mexico, per capita. If Jenny had of been backpacking through the US and taking pictures of herself in front of *advertiser censored* peddlers, "couch-surfing", sleeping at gas stations...well, her fate could have been similar here as well.

How is the Mexican government supposed to take this seriously when Jenny wouldn't even stay in touch with her husband? Frankly, it seems they have been quite gracious considering what little we do know.

I really do hope Jenny is in Wenzhou thumbing her nose at JR vs. the more likely outcome that she is deceased in Mexico.
If I were JR, I would have his local P.I. go in to the brothels near Tijuana, and look there.
I'm still holding out hope she will be found, against all odds.

Well Jr claims that Jenny was kidnapped by this guy over here. But he wants to not search the local area of the suspect. Because he would rather go with a group of other families that are searching for their loved ones over there? Which is probably miles away.

So if you have a suspect that lives near open land or whatever. Than wouldn't you try to search that area first? Jmo

So imo. Money is limited. So why go off coarse during a search and possible rescue. Jmo.

Now most suspects hold the victim or bury the bodies not too far from home. So is Jr expecting any leads from searching nowhere near the suspects home or at least the suspects driving route during those days?

Just asking.

So imo once again. Jr is misleading people if he chooses not to go anywhere near the suspects home area to search. Plus another thing. Jr doesn't have this guy's address imo.

So once again Jr is probably misleading us on his mentionings that he knows that this driver is the guy. Jmo.

To the point as always, Dex. I agree. We really have no idea whether this is the guy. Why wouldn't JR or his PI focus on him if they are sure?

I keep calibrating myself that this case has little to do with Mexico. Per capita, we actually have *more* missing people in the US than in Mexico, per capita. If Jenny had of been backpacking through the US and taking pictures of herself in front of *advertiser censored* peddlers, "couch-surfing", sleeping at gas stations...well, her fate could have been similar here as well.

How is the Mexican government supposed to take this seriously when Jenny wouldn't even stay in touch with her husband? Frankly, it seems they have been quite gracious considering what little we do know.

I really do hope Jenny is in Wenzhou thumbing her nose at JR vs. the more likely outcome that she is deceased in Mexico.
If I were JR, I would have his local P.I. go in to the brothels near Tijuana, and look there.
I'm still holding out hope she will be found, against all odds.
BBM

That's a good point that the risks Jenny took in Mexico could have landed her in the same trouble if she had taken them here in the U.S. Comments on the initial stories indicated that people couldn't believe she'd take these risks. And I doubt LE here could have done much more than LE in Mexico. The corrupt reputation of Mexican LE doesn't mean they haven't worked on this case to the extent possible. I agree that LE has apparently done quite a lot under the circumstances. Some cases are just not solvable.

Maybe the group thing is the first step in getting the group to search "over here" next time. *shrugs*
Or <sarcasm on> maybe he's hoping to find new prostitution houses to visit while everyone else is sleeping </sarcasm off>. :silly:

At the end of the day, I don't think JR knows any more than he did one year ago, which is Jenny is missing from his life. And anything he thinks he does know came from a Mexican PI who is probably as corrupt as any Mexican LE. I wouldn't trust a single one of them. They take $ from the highest bidder and deliver the lowest artifact in return.

The only thing I think is true form that PI is that Jenny was in Oaxaca. Of course, the PI didn't discover that, he only found "maybe" someone she spoke to. I think he made the rest of it up, and the reason there is no new information forthcoming is because it's all based on lies.

JR has to go through his own process. For whatever reason, he is still in denial. But I can understand that he needs closure so he is desperate to point a finger at someone, so he can wrap his mind around her absence. Sooner or later, he will have to come to terms with the fact that Jenny is not coming back, and there will be no justice. It's very sad.

And I doubt LE here could have done much more than LE in Mexico.

I like to think that LE in the US would have found the truck that the suspect was driving...the truck that was "sold" by the trucking company. In my opinion, US LE would have located it in a day, if it was still in existence. They then would have gotten permission from the new owner to do a forensics examination to see if any trace of Jenny could be found.

What is so maddening about the availability and reliability of information in this case, is that for all we know Mexican LE did this just as US LE would have.

Whether Mexican or US LE, i think it boils down to that it is hard to inspire LE to prioritize a case like this. The missing person in this case, Jenny, voluntarily put herself in high risk situations. Almost like a death wish. Was this suicide by backpack?

I like to think that LE in the US would have found the truck that the suspect was driving...the truck that was "sold" by the trucking company. In my opinion, US LE would have located it in a day, if it was still in existence. They then would have gotten permission from the new owner to do a forensics examination to see if any trace of Jenny could be found.

What is so maddening about the availability and reliability of information in this case, is that for all we know Mexican LE did this just as US LE would have.
BBM

Yes, it's quite possible that Mexican LE followed the same procedures we would expect here. Of course, it's always possible that the power of Grupo Modelo (Corona) and Kugar and/or the corruption of LE stifled an adequate investigation as JR claims, but we don't know. I wish a journalist could get comments from LE and the corporations about this case and do a little digging. But that could be dangerous, so it's probably best to let it be.

Maybe the group thing is the first step in getting the group to search "over here" next time. *shrugs*
Or <sarcasm on> maybe he's hoping to find new prostitution houses to visit while everyone else is sleeping </sarcasm off>. :silly:

At the end of the day, I don't think JR knows any more than he did one year ago, which is Jenny is missing from his life. And anything he thinks he does know came from a Mexican PI who is probably as corrupt as any Mexican LE. I wouldn't trust a single one of them. They take $ from the highest bidder and deliver the lowest artifact in return.

The only thing I think is true form that PI is that Jenny was in Oaxaca. Of course, the PI didn't discover that, he only found "maybe" someone she spoke to. I think he made the rest of it up, and the reason there is no new information forthcoming is because it's all based on lies.

JR has to go through his own process. For whatever reason, he is still in denial. But I can understand that he needs closure so he is desperate to point a finger at someone, so he can wrap his mind around her absence. Sooner or later, he will have to come to terms with the fact that Jenny is not coming back, and there will be no justice. It's very sad.

Good post. I hope your sarcasm on/off comment isn't really his intent. But in reality, that's the same kind of place he visited in Seattle even though he thought Jenny might have been trafficked. Ugh.

The whole case is indeed very sad.

Whether Mexican or US LE, i think it boils down to that it is hard to inspire LE to prioritize a case like this. The missing person in this case, Jenny, voluntarily put herself in high risk situations. Almost like a death wish. Was this suicide by backpack?
BBM

Interesting thought. I think you coined a new expression! It may not have been so much a death wish/suicide as an obsession about "conquering fear" that made her put herself in suicidal situations. But the result was likely the same. Not only is it hard to inspire LE to prioritize the case, but it's hard to get the general public to care enough to publicize it. Jenny is not viewed by most as a victim. JR has had to garner sympathy by playing the victim card himself...unfair governments won't help, LE and corporations are corrupt and standing in his way, etc.
JMO

BBM

Yes, it's quite possible that Mexican LE followed the same procedures we would expect here. Of course, it's always possible that the power of Grupo Modelo (Corona) and Kugar and/or the corruption of LE stifled an adequate investigation as JR claims, but we don't know. I wish a journalist could get comments from LE and the corporations about this case and do a little digging. But that could be dangerous, so it's probably best to let it be.

I am still at Occam's Razor, and my hypothesis hasn't changed. But the possibility of finding out you are like the archaeologist who spent his life studying Piltdown Man, exists in this case.

One other thing...I imagine there is a chance that with the twitter storm JR has waged, he could be arrested upon his return to Mexico and charged with libel.

Just asking.

I'm thinking that the scenario that meshes the truck driver being the kidnapper with JR's latest planned search of brothels is the thinking that the driver either handed Jenny off to the syndicate who runs the brothels operations. However, I was also thinking what if the truckdriver was stopped by armed members and Jenny was forcibly taken from the truck. I'm not sure of the plausibility of that, but could be another explanation for the driver's suspicious behavior, fearing reprisal from the cartel!

Let's say that happened, that the truck driver was overcome by armed men. Why just take Jenny? There would have been another beautiful woman and two kids to kidnap and farm out as slaves. ... IF that happened, and IF the whole family was stuffed in the cab as claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member