Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped by me:

Are you referring to the pad in which Jenny wrote her name in Chinese? JR clasrified a while back on the HFJ page (but then removed, inexplicably) that Jenny wrote in a notepad belonging to the shopkeeper. If that's not what you are referring to, I would like to hear more on this journal. Is it the online weibo one, or something else?

I just looked at the HFJ page, and in reply to a question asking if there's any update, JR writes "MY page has info". Does that mean his personal FB page? If so, why do that and not on the HFJ page, I wonder.
BBM

You're right about the notebook being the shopkeeper's, not Jenny's journal. That's my recollection too. AFAIK her "journal" was on weibo.

JR has posted nothing to his personal page since July. The site has had no updates in about a month. So I don't know what he means by "MY page."
I guess it doesn't matter, because his updates are usually the same, likely for the reasons GigTu described.

Tarabull's articles really shine a spotlight on the corruption and violence in Mexico.

snipped by me:

Are you referring to the pad in which Jenny wrote her name in Chinese? JR clarified a while back on the HFJ page (but then removed, inexplicably) that Jenny wrote in a notepad belonging to the shopkeeper. If that's not what you are referring to, I would like to hear more on this journal. Is it the online weibo one, or something else?

I just looked at the HFJ page, and in reply to a question asking if there's any update, JR writes "MY page has info". Does that mean his personal FB page? If so, why do that and not on the HFJ page, I wonder.

BBM. Well, I guess we are shut out then? Maybe all this time we thought he was withholding details, he has been updating friends and family on his on FB page? I can only hope? This might be a recent thing, since his friend had posted on the HFJ page a while back to check on his trip to Mexico. It makes sense though, to me at least. He might be coming to terms with her demise, and wants to share his ordeal privately.

The articles Tarabull (thank you!!) has been posting are down right depressing. GigTu is right, he is risking his life every time he goes down there. Might be time to say goodbye to Jenny. :tantrum:

BBM. Well, I guess we are shut out then? Maybe all this time we thought he was withholding details, he has been updating friends and family on his on FB page? I can only hope? This might be a recent thing, since his friend had posted on the HFJ page a while back to check on his trip to Mexico. It makes sense though, to me at least. He might be coming to terms with her demise, and wants to share his ordeal privately.

The articles Tarabull (thank you!!) has been posting are down right depressing. GigTu is right, he is risking his life every time he goes down there. Might be time to say goodbye to Jenny. :tantrum:

No updates on his page since summer, so I don't think we've missed anything. I don't know of any other FB page. I agree that he is putting himself in danger with every trip. I hope he has someone with him, like his PI. I don't think he will ever know what happened, sorry to say.

As I posted from Tarabull's article, the current administration instructs the governors to minimize murder statistics. The new governor of Oaxaca, sworn in yesterday, is in the same political party as the president, and he may be even more likely to comply with the wishes of the administration. So even though JR's attorney is prominent in that party, he may not have as much effect putting pressure on the new prosecutor as I had hoped...since corruption is built in. That's assuming he's even working for JR any more. JR, meet stone wall.

Agreed. And I assume his funds have run out, so he might not have representation there anymore.

About FB, I think you can adjust your privacy settings so that only your friends see your wall posts. Mine was set that way when I used FB, but I do think their options have since changed. I was assuming he used such settings...

Agreed. And I assume his funds have run out, so he might not have representation there anymore.

About FB, I think you can adjust your privacy settings so that only your friends see your wall posts. Mine was set that way when I used FB, but I do think their options have since changed. I was assuming he used such settings...

Thanks for the FB info. I don't post, so I wasn't aware of how privacy settings are used. You're probably right that he using these settings. I wonder if the person he replied to about updates on MY page is a friend.

Sorry about the Journal vs Notebook mix up. Yes, I meant the paper notebook Jenny wrote in.

Per the Find Jenny FB page:

This is my where we are in the investigation: I apologize for limited communication- I have been battling depression lately.
We have a suspect. I was promised that there was a strong commitment to peruse evidence in the case (phone records, interviews, more polygraphs)
I was supposed to meet with the prosecutor, but missed my connecting flight- my fault not knowing a small airlines policies.( No automatic ticket printing- had to go to the check-in counter-which was closed) Therefore, I missed the meeting. Since then, there has been no word. We are looking to pick back up with a new administration in December. If I feel that I am getting the "same old run-around" I am going to have to attempt new strategies to find my wife.

This is my where we are in the investigation: I apologize for limited communication- I have been battling depression lately.
We have a suspect. I was promised that there was a strong commitment to peruse evidence in the case (phone records, interviews, more polygraphs)
I was supposed to meet with the prosecutor, but missed my connecting flight- my fault not knowing a small airlines policies.( No automatic ticket printing- had to go to the check-in counter-which was closed) Therefore, I missed the meeting. Since then, there has been no word. We are looking to pick back up with a new administration in December. If I feel that I am getting the "same old run-around" I am going to have to attempt new strategies to find my wife.
BBM

Here is the link to JR's latest post above. I bolded the reason for JR missing the meeting. I'm not going to say anything about that except that you have to be detail-oriented when traveling, even in this country. I'm sure he learned a painful and valuable lesson. I'm very sorry for him that it happened at such a crucial moment.

I certainly do understand how depression can imobilize JR and take away his motivation to communicate. That's what depression does. Not only is his wife missing, but there isn't much sun in Seattle from now on. Double whammy. I hope he's getting medical help.

I'm interested in what he said about trying new strategies and wonder what they will be. Maybe he can try the "reverse ransom" offered in Sherri Papini's case, not that it worked by the deadline, but you never know.

BBM

Here is the link to JR's latest post above. I bolded the reason for JR missing the meeting. I'm not going to say anything about that except that you have to be detail-oriented when traveling, even in this country. I'm sure he learned a painful and valuable lesson. I'm very sorry for him that it happened at such a crucial moment.

I certainly do understand how depression can imobilize JR and take away his motivation to communicate. That's what depression does. Not only is his wife missing, but there isn't much sun in Seattle from now on. Double whammy. I hope he's getting medical help.

I'm interested in what he said about trying new strategies and wonder what they will be. Maybe he can try the "reverse ransom" offered in Sherri Papini's case, not that it worked by the deadline, but you never know.

Ah, when I first read on the HFJ site that JR had connection issues this latest trip to MX, I thought it was trouble connecting to the internet. But, now perhaps instead it was referring to his missing his connecting flight? How upsetting to miss this very important meeting with the prosecutor.

The depression is understandable. His wife is missing in Mexico for almost 8 months now, Seattle has little sunshine now, AND this is the holiday season. Triple whammy! The holidays are a difficult time for many, and JR is dealing with so much, and Jenny's absence must be so keenly felt during this holiday season. I hope he has supportive people IRL around him to help him. In one of the earliest articles I recalled JR saying he was taking "medication for anxiety", so I think he does see a dr for his depression, so that's good.

http://komonews.com/news/local/seat...oes-missing-during-backpacking-trip-to-mexico (where he said he's taking medication)

:facepalm: He is the one missing meetings, yet he is getting the runaround. :rolleyes:

Ah, when I first read on the HFJ site that JR had connection issues this latest trip to MX, I thought it was trouble connecting to the internet. But, now perhaps instead it was referring to his missing his connecting flight? How upsetting to miss this very important meeting with the prosecutor.

The depression is understandable. His wife is missing in Mexico for almost 8 months now, Seattle has little sunshine now, AND this is the holiday season. Triple whammy! The holidays are a difficult time for many, and JR is dealing with so much, and Jenny's absence must be so keenly felt during this holiday season. I hope he has supportive people IRL around him to help him. In one of the earliest articles I recalled JR saying he was taking "medication for anxiety", so I think he does see a dr for his depression, so that's good.

http://komonews.com/news/local/seat...oes-missing-during-backpacking-trip-to-mexico (where he said he's taking medication)

They couldn't talk or give him a update by phone?

:facepalm: He is the one missing meetings, yet he is getting the runaround. :rolleyes:

You'd think they'd let him reschedule. Flights can be delayed or canceled even if you don't goof up.

They couldn't talk or give him a update by phone?

All I can think of is that they had things to show him that couldn't be done on the phone. Not sure why skype or FaceTime wasn't an option.

You'd think they'd let him reschedule. Flights can be delayed or canceled even if you don't goof up.

All I can think of is that they had things to show him that couldn't be done on the phone. Not sure why skype or FaceTime wasn't an option.

Agree. And we know the suspect he is referring to is still probably the family truck driver.

He could have been picking up more documents to support that claim.

But is it me. Or did he still stay in Mexico after missing the other connecting flight to the town he was going to?

He didn't say what he did next, and making assumptions is irresponsible.

Agree. And we know the suspect he is referring to is still probably the family truck driver.

He could have been picking up more documents to support that claim.

But is it me. Or did he still stay in Mexico after missing the other connecting flight to the town he was going to?

We don't know how long he was there, Dex.

We don't know how long he was there, Dex.

His family and friends posted on the Help find jenny page the last time he was out there and out of reception area.

But the p.i or whomever responded back to the family that he was out of reception range but everything was okay.

Then the friend and family member thanked the p.i or whomever.

So obviously this happened while JR was in Mexico. Plus he supposedly missed the connecting flight by his words

So obviously he was still in Mexico when his friend and family member asked on the Help jenny page before the p.i said that JR is okay but his phone was out of the reception area.

Jmo.

So let's just be happy that the p.i knew more at the time and relayed it to the family on Facebook while Jr was still in Mexico after missing the important meeting.

I just wanna shake him. It wouldn't do anything, but I wanna shake him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd think that if JR had an important meeting like that, that he would arrive a day or two in advance.

Where is this case going? The case is now eight months old, and there is no end in sight. He says he has a suspect. A suspect in what? Her kidnaping? Her murder? What? He doesn't say.

What does he expect from this new administration? That the first thing the Governor is going to do is roll out the red carpet and just wait in his office for JR to arrive at his convenience?:rolleyes:

This man is totally out of touch with reality. Which is the best thing about this case, because it increases the chances that nobody is even missing. Since the only evidence we have is the claim made by JR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme