Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Grupo Modelo is 100% owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev. This is a Belgian company with its US headquarters in St. Louis. This is the largest brewing company in the US.

In recent years, the US Supreme Court has made some decisions that have made it more difficult for foreign companies to be sued in the US. But it is still possible. Here is a link to some of the ramifications of the Court's recent decisions and an excerpt below:

http://corporatelaw.jdsupra.com/pos...here-you-cant-sue-foreign-companies-in-the-us
“Non-U.S. companies are rightly cautious about the jurisdictional reach of U.S. courts (and the jury trials, punitive damages, and extensive pre-trial discovery that are part of the U.S. system), and often seek to avoid direct contacts with the United States to limit exposure to suits here. And other countries often express concerns—rooted in sovereignty and comity—about U.S. adjudication of disputes with little or no connection to the United States. The Court’s Daimler decision shows sensitivity to both foreign companies’ need for predictability and foreign sovereigns’ complaints about expansive U.S. jurisdiction.”

Thanks for all the good info about suing a foreign corporation in the U.S., Web. I was thinking a suit would have to be filed in Mexico, where JR would probably lose IMO.

I found this article on HFJ and let google translate. This information perhaps helps to explain why JR has had limited success. Last year, foreigners disappeared at the rate of one every four days! By far the most are from the U.S.

The Mexican government has 334 files of missing foreigners open

The human rights crisis in Mexico is so serious that even those who do not live in the country disappear.

The last figure of missing that the Mexican government recognizes is 30,973 people, according to the count of January of 2017 in the National Record of Data of Lost or Disappeared People (RNPED). Of this total, 334 files belong to foreigners.

That is to say, approximately one of every 100 disappeared would have arrived at Mexico of temporary way and the violence reached them before they could return to their country.

<snip>

The count of 334 is a conservative estimate: in reality, the number of out-of-pocket aliens could be much higher,

<snip>

The country with the "first place" of disappeared in Mexico is United States with 101 cases (30 percent);

<snip>

More at link
https://news.vice.com/es/article/go...jeros-desaparecidos?utm_source=vicenewsesfbmx
BBM

The article mentions that the missing foreigners are not just from nearby countries, but distant ones also, even India. The number of missing people has increased since the 2006 war on drugs began. Many of those missing (even foreigners) have fallen victim to cartels and LE looks the other way.

The three areas where most foreigners disappear are Mexico City, Tamaulipas and Veracruz (where JR's suspect lives).

More and more foreigners have disappeared since 2007 when five were reported. There were 83 in 2016 and so far this year there are 27, about one foreigner every four days, about the same as in 2016!

[FONT=&amp]in response to Post #503

I've read online reports that 99% of all people who go missing in Mexico, stay missing. This includes foreigners. I don't know what percentage of those that are found, are found alive.

When I travel in Mexico, I feel perfectly safe, but this can be misleading, as there have been numerous tourists disappeared and also tourists murdered in Mexico...while I have been traveling there and feeling safe. This includes tourists not looking for trouble (i.e. engaged in high risk behavior), but rather just normal decent tourists.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]in response to Post #503

I've read online reports that 99% of all people who go missing in Mexico, stay missing. This includes foreigners. I don't know what percentage of those that are found, are found alive.

When I travel in Mexico, I feel perfectly safe, but this can be misleading, as there have been numerous tourists disappeared and also tourists murdered in Mexico...while I have been traveling there and feeling safe. This includes tourists not looking for trouble (i.e. engaged in high risk behavior), but rather just normal decent tourists.[/FONT]

That's an awful statistic! And you aren't exaggerating, not that I thought you were. But I wanted to see for myself.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...ns-in-Mexico-Stay-Missing--20150623-0009.html

For perspective, I was curious how this statistic might compare with the U.S., but I could not find a similar link.

That's an awful statistic! And you aren't exaggerating, not that I thought you were. But I wanted to see for myself.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/ne...ns-in-Mexico-Stay-Missing--20150623-0009.html

For perspective, I was curious how this statistic might compare with the U.S., but I could not find a similar link.

A few months ago, there was a documentary on TV about murders in the US being commited by truck drivers. I think the documentary might have been produced by Websleuths, or partly so. Maybe some members here saw it? There is no shortage of monstrous human creatures in the US and I wouldn't be surprised if the statistics here are also horrific.

For comparative purposes, Mexico has 122M citizens and 30,000 missing persons cases
The United States has 318M citizens and 84K missing persons cases

For comparative purposes, Mexico has 122M citizens and 30,000 missing persons cases
The United States has 318M citizens and 84K missing persons cases

Thank you. That would be 1 in 4,066 for Mexico vs 1 in 3,785 for the US. So Mexico has slightly less missing persons, then the US.

Sorry. But this is business with a trusted trucking company in another country.

Now it took 18 years for advertisers to stop supporting the Bill O'Reilly show due to his shenanigans.

So do you think that Corona would depart with the best Mexico shipping company that they are aligned with?

Especially since there is no proof that Jenny got in the truck.

Btw. Where is the picture or information or Facebook page of this Ghost witness or witnesses that seen Jenny get in the truck and overheard the supposed conversation?

Btw. I bet Corona is asking Jonathan the same thing. They probably told him to produce his witnesses so they can vet them.

But ooppps.

So imo. If your witnesses don't show up for questioning by Corona. Then obviously Corona isn't going to mess up big business on unsubstantiated information. Jmo.

BBM

BBM (except for last two underlined sentences)

Although rumor has it that there are family members of the Kugar owner who work for Corona (Grupo Modelo), it's far fetched IMO to think there is a conspiracy between the two companies to hide information...unless they KNOW one of the drivers harmed Jenny. If they do know this for sure, I doubt Corona would pressure Kugar. They have nothing (not even their reputations) to lose if they stonewall. They won't suffer financially either because I doubt anyone cares enough to boycott these companies because of Jenny.

As you said, Dex, if they only have JR's claims to go by, and no solid proof, I agree that there is no reason for Corona to pressure Kugar and ruin a successful business arrangement. If JR expects that he's being unrealistic.
JMO

1. Have the witnesses who purportedly saw Jenny get into a Corona/Kugar truck been interviewed and vetted by anyone other than JR's team?

2. After reading Dexter's post above, I started thinking ...: Could someone please remind me -I just cannot remember, and there is so much to go through, as well as has been deleted ...- who it was that was able to polygraph the two delivery truck drivers? Was it LE, or JR's team? I believe the way it went was that it was LE who gave the polygraphs, based on information provided by JR's PI, but I just want to be sure.

If LE, am I correct in assuming that JR and his team were able to convince them of the validity of the claim made by the witnesses -in other words, had sufficient evidence, raising enough doubt about the drivers' activities- that compelled LE to perform the polygraphs, and if so, what was it that convinced them of possible guilt on the part of the drivers? Was it the GPS logs maybe?

Whether in the U.S. or in Mexico, if 1) witness accounts; 2) GPS logs; 3) that the trucking company sold the truck in question shortly after Jenny's disappearance; 4) a nervous truck driver jumping out of his chair while being polygraphed (I feel like I'm forgetting something, what else was there?) is all he has, unfortunately, I don't think JR would have a chance either in a civil or criminal court (especially since there still is a possibility that Jenny is alive).

I know I'm going around in circles again, but unless there is some damning evidence that we are not privy to -say, a photo or video of Jenny getting into the Corona/Kugar truck-, why are we to believe the witnesses over the drivers?

As far as Corona and Kugar, naturally, they would do almost anything to stay out of this, IMO.

It sounds like JR's initial communications with the U.S. Embassy, Chinese Embassy, congressperson, etc.) were not very pleasant. Perhaps he can give it another try. Give another try at a press release, perhaps with help from volunteers? Or appeal to the media? No reports on the first anniversary of Jenny's disappearance ... it makes me very sad for her.

Disparaging mexican law enforcement and judicial officials eill not inspire helpful outcomes. A distraught person can make alot of mistakes.

1. Have the witnesses who purportedly saw Jenny get into a Corona/Kugar truck been interviewed and vetted by anyone other than JR's team?

2. After reading Dexter's post above, I started thinking ...: Could someone please remind me -I just cannot remember, and there is so much to go through, as well as has been deleted ...- who it was that was able to polygraph the two delivery truck drivers? Was it LE, or JR's team? I believe the way it went was that it was LE who gave the polygraphs, based on information provided by JR's PI, but I just want to be sure.

If LE, am I correct in assuming that JR and his team were able to convince them of the validity of the claim made by the witnesses -in other words, had sufficient evidence, raising enough doubt about the drivers' activities- that compelled LE to perform the polygraphs, and if so, what was it that convinced them of possible guilt on the part of the drivers? Was it the GPS logs maybe?

Whether in the U.S. or in Mexico, if 1) witness accounts; 2) GPS logs; 3) that the trucking company sold the truck in question shortly after Jenny's disappearance; 4) a nervous truck driver jumping out of his chair while being polygraphed (I feel like I'm forgetting something, what else was there?) is all he has, unfortunately, I don't think JR would have a chance either in a civil or criminal court (especially since there still is a possibility that Jenny is alive).

I know I'm going around in circles again, but unless there is some damning evidence that we are not privy to -say, a photo or video of Jenny getting into the Corona/Kugar truck-, why are we to believe the witnesses over the drivers?

As far as Corona and Kugar, naturally, they would do almost anything to stay out of this, IMO.

It sounds like JR's initial communications with the U.S. Embassy, Chinese Embassy, congressperson, etc.) were not very pleasant. Perhaps he can give it another try. Give another try at a press release, perhaps with help from volunteers? Or appeal to the media? No reports on the first anniversary of Jenny's disappearance ... it makes me very sad for her.

1) We don't know if witnesses were vetted by LE, but I assume so and recall JR mentioning they had been vetted by the prosecutor.

2) My understanding is that LE did the polygraphs. JR said LE had to be the ones to interview the truckers so it would hold up in court.

We don't know what prompted the polygraphs, nor were we told when they were done. IIRC JR said they weren't conclusive because the drivers were so nervous. I don't know where I read that.

I agree that JR needs more evidence than we know about in order to prevail in court. You're right that we have no solid reason to believe the witnesses over the drivers, other than circumstantial evidence and logic. I think courts would feel the same way. It's remotely possible (though not likely) that Jenny is alive somewhere, so that takes away from the other evidence.

It saddens me greatly that the first anniversary of Jenny's disappearance went by with no notice in MSM. And to be honest, it upsets me that JR did nothing other than a FB post AFAIK. There should have been a huge push to contact the media starting a month or more ago. I know the drill. I've done it for Stephanie Warner...every single year.

I'm not optimistic that he will attempt to mend relations with any officials who angered him. He'd rather feel victimized by the government entities IMO. Oh, the irony! I'd better stop :silenced:.

Poor Jenny. :(

The problem with his attempts at press releases is that they're just that - his attempts. They don't read like press releases, they're not formatted like press releases, and they won't be picked up by any media outlet if they're not easy to piece together.

I write them for a living and I'd love to be able to offer JR my help, but from what I can tell he's not likely to say yes to it &#128577;
With a well written start to a campaign (particularly at this poignant time of year) I think he'd get a very positive response.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

The problem with his attempts at press releases is that they're just that - his attempts. They don't read like press releases, they're not formatted like press releases, and they won't be picked up by any media outlet if they're not easy to piece together.

I write them for a living and I'd love to be able to offer JR my help, but from what I can tell he's not likely to say yes to it &#63041;
With a well written start to a campaign (particularly at this poignant time of year) I think he'd get a very positive response.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

I agree that he could get a very positive response to well-written press releases. His press releases are embarrassing. I even rewrote the one he put out in September about the GPS and posted it on WS so he could take it if he wanted it (surely one of his friends was reading here). I'm not a pro, but I googled "how to write a press release" and followed the directions. JR could have done that too or asked someone for help if he's too emotionally involved to write clearly.

He has needed PR help from the beginning, but his lame requests for help rarely panned out. Those who did things to help disappear, probably because he doesn't follow through very well. I know he's working and traveling to Mexico, but surely he has a friend in Seattle who could have taken this on. There could have been nationwide coverage in the U.S., not just in Mexico. There still could be continuing coverage in both countries, but he seems unable to do what it takes, other than post antagonistic tweets. I'm sad for Jenny, and more than a little cranky about this. Sigh.
JMO

Checking in, briefly.

I'm sad to see that despite so much hard work here, & offers of help/suggestions to J, there is no progress :(.

My heart hopes that - for whatever reason - Jenny cut all ties with her US life/husband (although that sounds cruel) and is alive & safe. Somewhere.

My head says otherwise (other than the Chinese embassy reports).

My 'gut instinct' is conflicted.

I agree that he could get a very positive response to well-written press releases. His press releases are embarrassing. I even rewrote the one he put out in September about the GPS and posted it on WS so he could take it if he wanted it (surely one of his friends was reading here). I'm not a pro, but I googled "how to write a press release" and followed the directions. JR could have done that too or asked someone for help if he's too emotionally involved to write clearly.

He has needed PR help from the beginning, but his lame requests for help rarely panned out. Those who did things to help disappear, probably because he doesn't follow through very well. I know he's working and traveling to Mexico, but surely he has a friend in Seattle who could have taken this on. There could have been nationwide coverage in the U.S., not just in Mexico. There still could be continuing coverage in both countries, but he seems unable to do what it takes, other than post antagonistic tweets. I'm sad for Jenny, and more than a little cranky about this. Sigh.
JMO

Very sad for Jenny as well. I really hope that this does not come across as offensive, and yes, JR is a victim, but ultimately, this is about Jenny, not JR.

I usually don't bring this kind of stuff up because everyone and every relationship is different, IMO, but I have always found the fact that the profile photo of JR's personal FB page is one of him with another woman off-putting. I see that it was posted a few months before Jenny left for Mexico, so it's entirely possible that Jenny was perfectly fine with it. Also, I have no idea who the woman in the photo is; for all I know she may be a family member. And it would not bother me a bit -again, everyone and every relationship is different- if it weren't for the fact that his wife is missing and he is asking for others' help in finding her. By itself the photo means nothing, but yet it's one more thing that does not help his cause under the circumstances :(.

Very sad for Jenny as well. I really hope that this does not come across as offensive, and yes, JR is a victim, but ultimately, this is about Jenny, not JR.

I usually don't bring this kind of stuff up because everyone and every relationship is different, IMO, but I have always found the fact that the profile photo of JR's personal FB page is one of him with another woman off-putting. I see that it was posted a few months before Jenny left for Mexico, so it's entirely possible that Jenny was perfectly fine with it. Also, I have no idea who the woman in the photo is; for all I know she may be a family member. And it would not bother me a bit -again, everyone and every relationship is different- if it weren't for the fact that his wife is missing and he is asking for others' help in finding her. By itself the photo means nothing, but yet it's one more thing that does not help his cause under the circumstances :(.

You are right, we have no idea what their marital agreement or arrangement was. Not everyone has a traditional marriage, some are "custom crafted", or have more of a business purpose. Nothing new about that, and we have no idea what was going on with this couple.

I was just trying to have some fresh thinking on this case, and I just realized that the whole "Mexico thing" is distracting us. As I posted upthread, and Kaboom calculated, there are actually *less* missing persons per capita in Mexico, than in the U.S.

So, let's think about this case as if Jenny were missing in the U.S, and it really does help illustrate a few things. (All my own opinions and speculation of course):

-Significantly younger chinese bride marries older middle age tech worker, comes to U.S.
-"Spirited" young bride decides to "overcome fears" by backpacking through the country, sleeping at strangers homes at at gas stations
-At one point stops communicating routinely with husband
-Posts pictures in front of *advertiser censored* peddlers and with man whose house she stayed at as a paying guest
-Hitchhiking rides from strangers
-Vanishes, last seen getting in a truck for a ride

When I think about this behavior happening in the U.S. it helps put things in perspective, vs. "oh my god....Mexico!"
It is my OPINION and SPECULATION that this young woman (at minimum), was suffering from extremely poor and fanciful judgement. Most likely something more that required medical intervention. (Opinion only). If Jenny was in a mania cycle, it would typically last 13 weeks, or up to a year. https://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/04/11/how-long-is-a-typical-bipolar-episode/
Again, this is all just amateur, armchair speculation and opinion.
Her risk taking behavior does suggest some sort of medical episode, in my opinion.

So all this being said? Here is what I truly think, in my order of probability
1. Deceased - 40% probability
2. Back in China - 30% probability
3 Being held in brothel, or against will in Mexico - 20%
4. Hiding/working in Mexico, or living with someone there - 10%

All speculation and opinion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online