Found Deceased Mexico - Kevin, 41, Amy, 38, Sterling, 12, & Adrianna Sharp, 7, Tulum, 15 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't buy food poisoning.
Food poisoning is horrible, I've been there. They would have sought medical attention with those symptoms, especially if it was so severe that it could cause death within 24 hours.

Undetected gas leak is another story.

Yeah any type of food poisoning that would cause that would be literal poisoning and thus foul play.

So kids in front of TV suggesting watching it, parents are in bed, maybe asleep and leaving the front door unsecured.
And something overwhelmed then so quickly that there was not even a sign of a struggle, here I mean a struggle for saving or fighting for your life if you are choking,. like dresser top contents strewn on the floor or chair overturned, grabbing at opening a window.

I’m leaning towards CO poisoning (my obviously completely unprofessional opinion). If they were settling in for the night, watching tv, they wouldn’t question getting sleepy (which I think is what happens with CO poisoning).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m leaning towards CO poisoning (my obviously completely unprofessional opinion). If they were settling in for the night, watching tv, they wouldn’t question getting sleepy (which I think is what happens with CO poisoning).

Yes, I tend to agree. CO poisoning is not something that most are aware of. Most have flu-like symptoms if they are even aware of the situation.

Yes quick google search says it would not take long at all if it were in a closed environment with no venting- running car with garage door closed.
But this was in a open space. Lower concentration. Where there windows open? Being in a vacation resort it would seem so.
And CO would be the result of burning, which means the furnace would be on and windows closed.

How common is it for everyone to succumb to something like CO poisoning, or any kind of poisoning, all at once? Unless they were all asleep in their beds (and this article alludes that that is not the case) wouldn't one or more family members realize something is wrong and get help?

This is soooooo weird.

Wouldn't they have tested the air for CO detection, shortly after the family was found? I would hope so. At the least, they've checked all possible leaks and such.

Yes, I tend to agree. CO poisoning is not something that most are aware of. Most have flu-like symptoms if they are even aware of the situation.

A coworkers parents passed away in AZ a few years back due to CO poisoning. I can't for the life of me remember the source of it, but they just laid down, went to sleep and never woke up. They had just moved. I think this is likely what happened in this case also, but I could be wrong.

It's so strange...one hears of these accidental CO tragedies during winter, not in a tropical climate.

Wouldn't they have tested the air for CO detection, shortly after the family was found? I would hope so. At the least, they've checked all possible leaks and such.

If it is carbon monoxide poisoning, I guess there was no CO detector in the unit. Or it needed a new battery? (Stating the obvious here)

If it is carbon monoxide poisoning, I guess there was no CO detector in the unit. Or it needed a new battery? (Stating the obvious here)

An entire family died with no obvious foul play involved, you'd think investigators would immediately consider a leak and bring in a detector.
Could a pilot flame have extinguished itself....the stove?

Do we even know if this condo had gas?

Yes quick google search says it would not take long at all if it were in a closed environment with no venting- running car with garage door closed.
But this was in a open space. Lower concentration. Where there windows open? Being in a vacation resort it would seem so.
And CO would be the result of burning, which means the furnace would be on and windows closed.

I know of a case due to an indoor heated pool with something faulty. Also improperly vented stoves/ovens. I wonder if the unit they were renting had a kitchen?

Wonder if they had had any serious health issues recently ?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back