Found Deceased Mexico - Kevin, 41, Amy, 38, Sterling, 12, & Adrianna Sharp, 7, Tulum, 15 March 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, furnace doesn't seem likely. Faulty gas range, or faulty gas water heater seems more likely?

If it was CO, the family would likely have started feeling symptoms. Maybe not equate with CO, because we are so used to detectors everywhere to warn us of that. Headache, dizziness, nausea, vomiting...a family could very well think this is a bug they all caught during travel, or from 'Mexican water'. If they all went to bed, or laid down for naps, it's conceivable they were all rendered unconscious and then died without waking again.

And frankly, that's pretty terrifying to consider. I wouldn't think twice about renting a condo like the one I posted above for my own family. And I'm a former EMT, daughter of an ER nurse and a paramedic, married to a firefighter/paramedic, so my family is pretty 'up' on CO!

Wouldn't the condo need to be "air tight" in order for CO poisoning? I would think windows would be open if it's 80 degrees, even 69 degrees at night would be great sleeping weather with the window cracked.

There's been a few murder/suicide (while on vacation) cases recently. Hope that's not what happened, but it is possible.

Not for nothing but with the way Mexican authorities play fast and loose with the facts when an American dies down there I seriously hope the family has an autopsy done here in the US or at least have the reports reviewed by a local pathologist. As a professional anthropologist I've been to my share of exotic locales throughout the world, Mexico as a whole is one of few nations I will never step foot in again unless absolutely required to do so.

Although highly unlikely, the deaths could be related to some type of food poisoning.

Does anyone know how the family got to the condo from the airport? Cab, shuttle, rented car?

I ask because a long time ago on a trip to Barbados, a cab driver made subtle advances to me on arrival at a hotel, and I subsequently saw him sneaking around a day later. I promptly changed hotels.

We stayed in Cancun at a resort years ago when it was considered safer than now and even back then the resort warned you to not under any circumstance accept a ride from a cab or person offering rides at the airport. That if the shuttle wasn't there because your plane was delayed to call them and not leave the airport. I guess that is a very common method used to get to tourists for robberies and such.

On the tulum FB page if you translate it states the police came in the front door "without insurance". I take that to mean it was not locked. I find that to be very strange that they would go to bed and leave their door unlocked. I think there is more to this story

<modsnip>

If you translate and read the article in Noti Tulum FB page it is mentioned , I don't want to say the word, but not in good shape
I am not talking of harm done to them, but the condition of the bodies

Keep in mind certain terms and phrases may not translate well.

Anyone know how long it will take for the autopsy results to come in? Seems like we will have to wait til then in order to have answers...

On the tulum FB page if you translate it states the police came in the front door "without insurance". I take that to mean it was not locked. I find that to be very strange that they would go to bed and leave their door unlocked. I think there is more to this story
One of the kids could have not locked it back.

I thought maybe it meant "without a warrant" or whatever the official paperwork would be in Mexico. That translation was no bueno.

I thought maybe it meant "without a warrant" or whatever the official paperwork would be in Mexico. That translation was no bueno.

Sin segura would be without insurance. Sin seguro would be unlocked. So yeah probably unlocked.

I've been to the resort side of the Bahia Principe Riviera Maya many times. The three resorts of Coba, Tulum and Akumal are on the east side of the main highway closer to the ocean and were a pretty large resort on their own. I stopped going to this resort when it started expanding to the west side of the highway with the time share units of Sian Kaan being built and allowing even more people access to the facilities and rather small beach area of the main resort. It appears that they have been building a small village on the west side of the highway of condos and time shares, all with access via the bridge built over the highway, to the main complex and beachfront.

I would think that there must be a management company to facilitate access to the condos and timeshares being rented out by the owners. Not sure if the Bahia Principe itself is responsible for that or if there is a separate company for it. Obviously, that condo was not rented out for the following week or someone would have found the family earlier. I have to wonder if the condo is in a building still under construction and there were no immediate neighbours either.

RIP to the Sharp family. I hope a proper and thorough investigation is done to determine what happened but I must admit I'm not expecting one. :rose: :cry:

MOO

Kevin Sharp, the father of the Creston, Iowa, family that was found dead in a Mexico condominium they were staying at while on vacation, was known as "The Sharpshooter" on the stock car racing scene.

Sharp competed in events at Adams County Speedway in Corning &#8212; a 30-minute drive west of neighboring Union County. Cliff Baldwin, who has been with the racetrack for 30 years, has known Kevin and the Sharps his entire life. They shared a passion for University of Iowa and Kansas City Chiefs football.

"He was a great personal friend," Baldwin told the Des Moines Register on Friday. "It's hard to talk about. The more I think about him and the family, the harder it is.

[...]

An advisory on the State Department's website last updated this month advises caution for Americans traveling to Mexico. Regarding Quintana Roo state, where Tulum is located, the advisory says, "Exercise increased caution due to crime. According to Government of Mexico statistics, the state experienced an increase in homicide rates compared to the same period in 2016. While most of these homicides appeared to be targeted, criminal organization assassinations, turf battles between criminal groups have resulted in violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...eston-kevin-sharp-stock-cars-tulum/453538002/

Says they were found &#8220;dead and rotting&#8221;...
https://www.facebook.com/notitulum/posts/1601874043193453

I wonder how they could announce "No foul play" so quickly, without an autopsy, given the state of the bodies? I think they are being ultra-protective of their tourism. In fact, the last paragraph says: "En circunstancias aún desconocidas, la fuente reveló que los cuatro turistas estadounidenses al parecer hijos, papá y mamá ya están muertos y se desconoce aún si fueron asesinados, toda vez que los cuerpos estaban en estado de putrefacción en el interior de un Condominio ubicado en la Riviera Maya."

which means "Under unknown circumstances, the Fountain (must be local press) revealed that the four American tourists, who appeared to be children and their mother and father, are dead and it is not known if they were murdered, since the bodies were in a state of decomposition in the inside of a condominium located in the Riviera Maya." (No Google Translate, I'm close to fluent in Spanish)

Until the autopsy results are out, I'm withholding judgement on what really happened. A week of decomposition can hide a lot.

Authorities say it wasn't immediately clear what caused the deaths. Autopsy reports are pending.

The Creston News Advertiser reports the family flew to Cancun, Mexico, on March 14. According to her sister, Amy Sharp texted their mother the next day to say they'd reached Tulum. Relatives hadn't heard from the family since then.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...wa-Family-Found-Dead-in-Mexico-477771263.html

So according to the news reports, the family flew to Cancun on the 14th. Their last known communication with anyone was the evening of the 15th.

Reportedly, both food poisoning and possible gas leaks are being investigated as possible causes of death. What could they have ingested that would cause death within 24 hours?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tawnitrevino
Back