Found Deceased Mexico - Patrick Braxton-Andrew, 34, American tourist, Urique, Chihuahua, 28 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family Desperately Searching for North Carolina Teacher Who Vanished from Mexico Park on Vacation

PEOPLE article above.

110118UriqueSearch.JPG

Where Is Patrick? Police And Residents Continue Search In Mexico

Other foreigners in Urique reported seeing him on Saturday. His family now has his camera, left at the hotel, which shows he took a walk Sunday morning to a village south of Urique. Friends and family members also got text messages from him up until Sunday afternoon around 3:30. The hotel manager told them that's about the time he went out for a walk.

The family is sharing information through that Facebook page - Missing/Desaparecido - Patrick Braxton-Andrew. There's a phone number and email there for anyone who has information or can help.

Family Waits As Search Continues For NC Teacher Missing In Mexico

I am hoping and praying that Patrick is found very soon and is okay. This is a such a frightening situation.

I can't imagine what his family is going through right now.

My heart goes out to his family.

May Patrick be found very soon, safe and sound.

Search continues in north Mexico for missing American hiker
Officials in the northern Mexico state of Chihuahua say they are still searching for an American hiker missing since the end of October.

The state government said in a statement Monday that searchers checked cabins in the area surrounding the village of Urique and rappelled down into 900-foot (280 meter) deep ravines looking for 34-year-old Patrick Braxton-Andrew.

as i mentioned earlier, my son and his wife and daughter are in mexico for three months (in one of the safest cities, i did my research to stop myself from losing my hair), and i sent him this information so they could let people in Tlaxcala know this kid is missing. i hope they find him alive, if not i hope it was an unfortunate accident. it's a bit more south than where he was but ya never know? i can't even imagine how his family must feel right now. i love having adventurous kids myself who like to travel, but get so worried!!! good vibes to the family and friends and especially for this young man. where are you patrick!

Com Soc Chih‏ @ComSocChih

Como parte de la búsqueda hecha por @Fiscalia_Chih y @CEPC_Chih para encontrar al ciudadano estadounidense Patrick Braxton-Andrew, expertos en rapel descendieron más de 280 metros en barrancas de #Urique. @GobiernoEdoChih Más: https://bit.ly/2zf9WOP

Translated from Spanish by Microsoft

As part of the search made by @Fiscalia_Chih and @CEPC_Chih to find the American citizen Patrick Braxton-Andrew, rappelling experts descended more than 280 meters in Barrancas de #Urique. @GobiernoEdoChih MORE: Sigue búsqueda de estadounidense en zonas de difícil acceso

Dr1jreGU4AAQgkw.jpg

Com Soc Chih on Twitter

The state government said in a statement Monday that searchers checked cabins in the area surrounding the village of Urique and rappelled down into 900-foot (280 meter) deep ravines looking for 34-year-old Patrick Braxton-Andrew.

The statement says this weekend's search effort focused on areas that are difficult to access, but found no signs of Braxton-Andrew.

Search continues in north Mexico for missing American hiker

Very detailed article.

An American Hiker Is Missing in the Most Dangerous Part of Mexico
[...]

Urique lays at one of the Copper Canyon’s deepest points, and while its remoteness draws the occasional adventurer like Braxton-Andrew, these same remote qualities also make it ideal for outlaws. The region is known locally as the Golden Triangle, because it’s where Mexican cartels grow most of the drugs they traffic to the U.S. In 2015, warring gangs cut short the Caballo Blanco Ultra. A mob of armed, flack-jacketed men stormed a local police station and left with two officers in the back of their truck. The race’s organizers evacuated all foreign runners after gunshots and grenades were heard.

And the same week that Braxton-Andrew went missing the heads of six menbelieved to be in a local cartel were found outside a gas station in the town of Creel, where the El Chepe train passes through on its way to Divisadero.

The Sierra register some of the highest murder rates in Mexico. But Randy Gingrich, who runs a non-profit called Tierra Nativa that gives aid to Tarahumara in the region, says he could not recall the last time an American was harmed in the mountains of Chihuahua.

[...]

I have wondered what he had gone there for? He is a teacher, and it wouldn't have been a time he was off, according to the school calendar. Just curious as I don't think it has been addressed, other than to meet his brother the next day. Wondering if anyone here knows?

This made the Tuesday evening broadcast on NBC Nightly news.....maybe national/international attention will bring out additional info.

I dont have a great feeling about this onee....and I'm not getting any vibes that this was an accident

I have wondered what he had gone there for? He is a teacher, and it wouldn't have been a time he was off, according to the school calendar. Just curious as I don't think it has been addressed, other than to meet his brother the next day. Wondering if anyone here knows?
He was a teacher at a private school. Perhaps they had some time off mid semester. jmo

An American traveler vanished in Mexico. Now, his family’s search is underway.

"He eventually became a Spanish teacher at a private school in North Carolina. His trips to Mexico and Central America continued."

Last edited:
The article says the family doesn't believe he went missing while on a hike because his camera was left in his room and he never hiked without it.

So was the person at the desk wrong?

The family remains very hopeful. I wonder if they know something we don't because I'm not feeling real good about this.

Dear Razz,

I hadn't read about the camera "he never hiked without" until your post.

Makes me wonder if Patrick was intercepted from leaving the area of the hotel. Maybe he didn't make it to the trail?

This piece of information about the camera from the family is important, in my opinion.

Thank you for posting this. Very puzzling.

‘Every day brings new hope:’ Family of missing NC teacher praises Mexico’s search effort

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back