Mexico - Shanquella Robinson, 25, American, Beaten to death in apparent “femicide”, San Jose del Cabo, 28 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So glad there's a thread for Shanquella here. Thank you
It's been said by Quella's family that they have video of 2 attacks on her. First the woman we see, and then one of the other vacationers who allegedly throws her on the floor on her head and Quella doesn't get back up.
According to literally everyone who's ever met her besides these evil gutless monsters, she is so kind, non-confrontational, and understanding. They took advantage of her kindness and killed her. IMO, MOO.
Also - why was she naked & nobody else was???

There was a man who killed his wife in Mexico and was prosecuted there. He only did 60% of his sentence and now he's a free man. He had taken his whole family on vacation, kids, too. I wish I could remember his name.

Yes, the more details that come out about this case - the more we realize how heinous this actually was. Any kind of homicide is awful. But, to be attacked & killed by your friends - that you trusted - is IMHO worse than this happening at the hands of a stranger.

Going along with my last post & some of the other online responses, I wonder if the perps. will even have criminal charges brought against them for this murder?! Given that this happened in another country (Mexico) and the fact that they all appear to be American (the victim & the perps.) who's going to prosecute this?! If the Mexican government has the jurisdiction & the responsibility - the perps. have already left the country, so it seems like it will be tough for them to pursue this. Conversely, if the U.S. has the responsibility - I wonder why no further details have come out regarding this.

This crime definitely seems premeditated. I wonder if the friends specifically committed this in Mexico & then came back to the U.S. to avoid prosecution?!

Last edited:
Yes, the more details that come out about this case - the more we realize how heinous this actually was. Any kind of homicide is awful. But, to be attacked & killed by your friends - that you trusted - is IMHO worse than this happening at the hands of a stranger.

Going along with my last post & some of the other online responses, I wonder if the perps. will even have criminal charges brought against them for this murder?! Given that this happened in another country (Mexico) and the fact that they all appear to be American (the victim & the perps.) who's going to prosecute this?! If the Mexican government has the jurisdiction & the responsibility - the perps. have already left the country, so it seems like it will be tough for them to pursue this. Conversely, if the U.S. has the responsibility - I wonder why no further details have come out regarding this.

Going along with all of this, this crime definitely seems premeditated. And, I wonder if the friends specifically committed this in Mexico & then came back to the U.S. to avoid prosecution?!
FBI is investigating and so far no one has been arrested. I'm sure we will hear something when the perpetrators have been arrested.

She apparently went to college with these friends horrible people.
Shanquella Robinson death: Mexico investigates death of U.S. woman seen in fight video - CBS News

From the article with some edits from me to better understand, as I'm trying to comply with the 10% of the article rule:

[Shanquella's mother] Salamondra said she was initially told by Shanquella's friends that she had gotten sick with alcohol poisoning. But later on, she learned there was a fight, and an autopsy found she had injuries to her spinal cord and neck.

The autopsy showed that "her death had nothing to do with alcohol," Salamondra said.

[The video that is now viral] raised questions about why nobody intervened in the purported beating, or why people she was traveling with would have beaten her.

"She was not fighting nobody back. She didn't even have a chance," Salamondra said. "No one tried to stop it."

The group Shanquella was traveling with were people she went to college with, Salamondra said.

"One of the guys supposedly was her best friend," she said. "And he had went on family trips with us, you know? And he had been to the family house."

Salamondra said she hadn't seen him since she got the autopsy results.

The mother hopes she can get more answers about what happened to her daughter, whom she described as having "a heart of gold."

"She loved everybody. She didn't mistreat nobody. Never. No one could possibly ever say anything bad about her because she was a good person," she said.

#JusticeForShanquella

Here's my attempt at a post compiling much of the information available, all verifiable and with links. Please feel free to let me know if anything is incorrect/not okay to post.

According to the plentiful amount of articles I have read, this so-called ""best friend"" was over to the Robinson household everyday pacing, nervously running his hands over his beard again and again, and pleaded with the Robinsons to accept that their daughter's death was from alcohol poisoning and not in any way suspicious. He adamantly didn't want them to look into their daughter's demise and it set off red flags for everybody. Shanquella's father has also stated to the media that he is split with Salamondra, Quella's mother, and despite him having met at the very least the ""best friend"", none of the "friends" even bothered to so much as call him up and offer their condolences which shocked him and raised red flags for him as well.

Such a gorgeous girl, a hard worker, a gentle soul, a good friend & daughter & sister, according to everyone who knew her. Her community is entirely shocked, and she was well-loved - her funeral was packed.

1669025881348.png

Anyway, here we go!!

Many sources regarding a lot of information related to the case linked below.

Mother of victim says friends all had ‘different stories’

They couldn’t get a pulse,” [said Shanquella's mother, Salamondra]. “Each one of the people that was there with her was telling different stories.”

A housekeeper eventually found her dead body inside their Airbnb, her mother told Essence Magazine.

When the autopsy came back, they said it didn’t have anything to do with the alcohol,” Salamondra revealed. “[They] said that she had a broken neck and her spine in the back was cracked. She had been beaten.”

The video, which now has more than a million views, shows one of the young ladies on the trip involved in a physical altercation with a person they claim to be Shanquella.

The video shows a moment when the attacker flung the victim by her neck, landing on the ground, then continues to pummel her in the head and neck areas.

Other friends, who were onlookers during the altercation, began recording their fight.

Footage from the fight is almost unbearable to watch as Shanquella receives blow after blow, without fighting back.

One of the people in the room could be heard saying, “Quella, can you at least fight back?

In pain, she answered, “No...

Social media users flooded the video with comments, with many asking “why” others were recording the fight, instead of putting an end to it. Other commenters posted warnings to other young people saying things like, “be careful of who you call your friends.”

The family is continuing to seek closure and clarity.
Her story is being spread under the hashtag, #JusticeForShanquella.

The family is looking to cover funeral expenses and legal fees as they aim to find justice for their loved one. Robinson’s sister, Quilla Long, expressed the family’s sentiment on the page [...]:

My beautiful sister Shanquella Robinson, recently went on a trip to Cabo, Mexico, with people she believed were her friends,” Long wrote. “During this trip, she was found dead. Her associates claimed she died of alcohol poisoning, but the death certificate from the Mexican government contradicts this statement as it reveals a broken neck and cracked spine and a time of death which is 15 minutes after she sustained these injuries.”

According to Long, the United States State Department also released a statement, saying there is “no clear evidence of foul play.

Yet there is a video circulating of a woman violently attacking Shanquella. This statement is unacceptable, and we are beyond devastated. We continue to fight for the truth,” the grieving sister wrote. “We face a tremendous unexpected financial burden and a great deal of pain as we prepare to lay my sister to rest. Any support you can contribute to our legal fees and other critical expenses is greatly appreciated.”

The family has received more than $317,000 on their page as of Saturday afternoon, with Irving being the top donor. NBA veteran Kemba Walker has also donated $20,000.

Robinson's mother, Salamondra Robinson, told news outlets that initially, her daughter's friends said she had died of alcohol poisoning.

I spoke with her Friday evening. She was having dinner, and I never spoke with her again,” Robinson's mother told WBTV. “On Saturday evening, they called and said she wasn’t feeling well and they were going to call a doctor. And when they called, the doctor hadn’t arrived yet, but they said she had alcohol poisoning.”

But according to the death certificate, Shanquella Robinson's death was caused by a severe spinal cord injury and atlas luxation.

“They said she wasn't feeling well. She had alcohol poisoning,” her mother told WJZY. “They couldn't get a pulse. Each one of the people that was there with her was telling different stories.”

On Wednesday, prosecutors in Baja California Sur said they are continuing to collect evidence and investigate the circumstances around the death at the beach club villa.

According to the document, which was dated Nov. 4, Robinson was found unconscious in the living room of a residence on Padre Kino Avenue in San Jose del Cabo on the afternoon of Oct. 29.

Robinson's mother told "GMA" that her daughter's friends came to her house before the autopsy report came out. She said each friend came back and told her something different, so she never believed their stories.

"I did not believe them because actually before they even got back to Charlotte... I don't know when they arrived, but someone had already called us and said that someone was fighting her over there," Sallamondra Robinson said. "By the time that we questioned each one of them, and each one of them gave us a different statement."

"The people that she was with, I knew one of them very well, and I thought that he was her friend and he would look out for her," she added. "But, unfortunately, that's not what it was."

Quilla Long, Shanquella Robinson's older sister, said she was in "disbelief" and "fell to her knees" when she heard the news of her sister.

"The video is sickening," Long told "GMA."

Bernard Robinson, Shanquella's father, said he wishes he could speak to his daughter and hug her one last time.

The State Attorney General's Office of Baja California Sur said its investigation into Robinson's death is ongoing.

Sallamondra says she won't stop until they get answers and that she remembers her daughter as an intelligent, ambitious woman with a loving heart.

"Shanquella was a wonderful daughter. You know, loving daughter. And we really gonna miss her," she said. "Anything positive, that's exactly who she was."

1669025831989.png

Quella, sister, and mom.

The fact that they killed her, went home, and all claimed alcohol poisoning then tried to go on about their lives, tells me they didn't think anyone would find out. Many people have no faith in the MX law, etc., so it makes me wonder if they went to MX on purpose, if this was planned out from the start, and why she was naked?

That video haunts me. Allegedly, the family claims there's another video that shows a different "friend" taking her by the neck and body slamming her on the floor. I just can't believe this level of violence happened to this sweet soul. Her mother and father have both said on social media that she was not a heavy drinker and so the alcohol poisoning raised a red flag. Father said she said no to fighting back because she was not a fighter; wasn't part of her nature.

I can't imagine what was going through her mind when she was got pummeled the first few times for no reason. These animals enjoyed this immensely. I wish the worst possible outcome for everyone present that day, and may they spend the rest of their lives tormented and lost. I wish for them to feel Shaquella's pain, confusion and betrayal for the rest of their breathing lives.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back