Mexico - Shanquella Robinson, 25, American, Beaten to death in apparent “femicide”, San Jose del Cabo, 28 Oct 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Additionally, all the speculation about Shanquella having $6000 or $17000 stolen is ludicrous. Most people don't carry that kind of cash on a trip abroad, especially not to Mexico. Most things can be paid for with credit cards. And, whether she was a small business owner or not, most 25 year olds don't have $20k just lying around or even in an account.
Snipped for focus

IME We have to be very careful about dismissing that someone might be carrying this amount of $$ on a trip. IME people vary ENORMOUSLY about what they like to have on hand when they're traveling. I mean, I think women who take expensive jewelry on a safari are nuts, but they do it!

I think there are some laws about how much cash you can take with you when crossing into another country. Doesn't mean people don't do it, or follow those laws. Know about them or just decide to ignore them. If you are caught however, and have failed to declare, it usually means fines and delayed travel. The higher amount you failed to declare the harsher the sanctions. For mexico that cap is 10,000 USD. Anything above you must declare.

I don't thinks she'd carry that much cash with her. More likely a combination of cash, debit, and credit card. I fully believe that those "friends" would take whatever they could from her. This entire thing is horrifying and heartbreaking. She did not deserve this. Never have I ever felt such disgust for a group of people. To do that to someone who thought of you as a friend. And for what?

Can only hope she gets justice. Not sure how it will be interpreted that the mexican police wrote it off so quickly originally and how reliable it will be perceived in a court of law. Mexico is struggling enough with their own murders, they don't need to encourage murder-tourism by permitting others to kill and go home scot-free like this. It certainly would set an example to follow, if they did.

Wonder what American police can get on them? fraud? Theft? if they used her credit card after her death, did they do so in mexico or america? Will that play into who can be arrested where?

a lot of women go to MX for cosmetic surgery, and i am groups for this on SM. they go to great lengths to secret their cash across including sewing them into the crotch of their underwear or wasitband of pants or coat liners. she prob was not carrying that amount of cash, but its possible. i also think that reference to them having stolen 10k from her could be that they spent 10k of her money to run back over here.

You are correct and I did not see what I imagined. I still think damage was done in this video. She is not sitting up IMO. I believe she is slumped forward and her legs are split wide supporting her weight.

Shanquella's hair was perfect the night before with "baby hairs" & a long curly wig that is not in the assault video. It may be her real hair it's hard to tell. I think there is a fight before this one because I can not fathom someone touching her after this.

Yeah, something has to explain how her hair got in that state. I wasn't thinking it was a wig. It could very well be, but I was thinking it was weaved or crotched. It looks like some of her real hair on the left and something else on the right, the longer part. So, if I'm right, something happened definitely before the video we have seen.

The friz in it concerns me, but maybe they got in the pool the previous night.

I was listening to a podcast on youtube that was discussing whether the Cabo 6 could face charges in the USA. The discussion brought up an interesting point, which is that the United States doesn't have the crime of Femicide. Since we don't, would that be a stumbling block to the USA bringing charges here? Or could the USA translate the charge to murder or manslaughter?

I was listening to a podcast on youtube that was discussing whether the Cabo 6 could face charges in the USA. The discussion brought up an interesting point, which is that the United States doesn't have the crime of Femicide. Since we don't, would that be a stumbling block to the USA bringing charges here? Or could the USA translate the charge to murder or manslaughter?
The crime did not occur in the US, therefore I don't believe it can be prosecuted in the US.
If some/all of the 'friends' discussed (before going to Mexico) plans to cause Shanquella harm, there could be charges brought against them. JMO.
A lawyer needs to weigh in on this.

The crime did not occur in the US, therefore I don't believe it can be prosecuted in the US.
If some/all of the 'friends' discussed (before going to Mexico) plans to cause Shanquella harm, there could be charges brought against them. JMO.
A lawyer needs to weigh in on this.

So I'm still asking this question. We don't have the crime of femicide. So if there's an attorney, who knows, can we prosecute for murder or manslaughter? Especially since Mexico is not prosecuting for either of those crimes? Or does Femicide translate to murder for the USA?

Last edited:
Thank you! A lot of the info seems to come from interviews and it is hard to keep up with every interview.
Yes, that's true. It's hard because we are in the speculative stage. I went back and found the interview I was listening to, and I thought she said in here that she ordered her own autopsy, but I don't hear her say that in this segment. It doesn't seem like there are different segments to it, so I might have been mistaken that she ordered her own private one.

I think there's a Good Morning America interview or one in which her mother wore black with animal print. She could have said it in that interview, but I just can't find it.

Last edited:
IMO it will all be channelled and finessed through the US Embassy working with Mexican authorities. It's their job.

See the experience of Kaitlin Armstrong recently. They got her deported from Costa Rica ASAP like in a couple of days she was on the plane; the US even had Marshals participate in tracking her down, in cooperation with the CR government. CR charged her with something or other and handed her over to US Marshals at the airport. These countries work together, and there's no compelling reason for Mexico and US not to coordinate on a crime like this one: it doesn't seem to be a case that's entangled in Mexican organized crime.

It's the embassy's job to protect American interests abroad and to help US citizens. That's what they do.

IMO it will be a no-brainer for both countries to coordinate on this one and charge all who were in that room. Neither country has anything to lose. And if they coordinate, they could both look rosy.

Oooh... I can think of a crime recently that took place in a foreign country and ended up with a conviction in the US. The guy who murdered his wife while on safari.... A juniorish US Embassy official smelled a rat before the cremation in Africa and reported it....

Voilà. Murder conviction.

I'll find the parties....

Yep!

Zambia wrote it up as an accident, but...

Rudolph scheduled a cremation three days after her death, according to court documents. After he reported her death to the US Embassy in the Zambian capital of Lusaka, the consular chief “told the FBI he had a bad feeling about the situation, which he thought was moving too quickly,” FBI special agent Donald Peterson wrote in the criminal affidavit.

As a result, the consular chief and two other embassy officials went to the funeral home where the body was being held to take photographs and preserve any potential evidence. When Rudolph found out the embassy officials had taken photos of his wife’s body, he was “livid,” Peterson wrote.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper