MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO they seem like the type of parents who protect THEMSELVES under any circumstances.

If they were protecting their CHILD:

1) they would have raced to the school the instant the school called them that there were issues, instead of waiting for an hour and a half.

2) viewing the drawing in which it might have been inferred that Ethan was suicidal, they would have proactively gotten him mental help. Professional help, like a pysch hold.

3) they would not have fled, leaving a 15- year old to cope alone with what he'd done, and with being imprisoned.

4)they would never have turned off their phones, which prohibited the jail from reaching them on Ethan's behalf.

5) if the reports are true that they went out drinking in bars and left Ethan alone at aged 8 or so....well, I don't even have to finish my sentence.

All JMO

5) if the reports are true that they went out drinking in bars and left Ethan alone at aged 8 or so....well, I don't even have to finish my sentence.

Any MSM links? The brother never indicated Ethan was left alone or even the ex wife who had an axe to grind.

Last edited:
Video at the link. Sounds like AG is not happy with what is going on. Glad to hear it.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1467649596868501507

[URL='https://twitter.com/BrianEntin']Brian Entin

@BrianEntin[/URL]

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel has offered to do an independent investigation into what led up to the Oxford High School shooting. I asked her what if the school district turns her down? “Technically I do have criminal jurisdiction in every county in the state,” she said.

I haven't read up to this point, reading backwards, which is bad, I know. I've been busy this weekend but I must say, just seeing this on the news I just can not phatom why his back pack was not searched at the school during the meeting with the parents. It blows my mind that this kid who drew the pictures of blood and gore and murder was allowed to just go on to his class with his backpack on and no one bothered to check it.

I can’t help but wonder if he thought by doing what he did he would make his parents proud? :(

Maybe. Or maybe he hated and resented them and knew this would mess up their lives or embarrass them. We won't know unless Ethan cares to divulge his motive someday.

IMO in his private writings or social media, Ethan may have shown that he was capable of inflicting terror. But I think he likely hid it well publicly. His own half-brother says he appeared happy and was not bullied. The school said he hadn't been a problem prior to this. At least one schoolmate is quoted as being "shocked" that Ethan was the gunman.

What is emblematic, to me, is Ethan asking to do his science homework so he wouldn't fall behind. At 15, he knew he'd shortly be dead or in jail. His science homework wasn't going to be an issue. IMO this shows a level of calculated duplicity.

Certainly there were mental issues or this wouldn't have occurred. But he 100% knew what he was doing.

MOO

Reports?

Sounds like rumors. Any MSM links? The brother never indicated Ethan was left alone or even the ex wife who had an axe to grind.

Yes. Here's a link to Newsweek.

Ex-neighbor says she warned Children's Protective Services about Oxford shooter's parents

Furthermore, one of the articles about his family life said that the brother only lived there for a few months, didn't get along with the stepmother and went back to his own mother in Florida. I don't have that link available right now. But if that's the case, then Eli may not have witnessed this. Nor would Eli's mother, the father's ex-girlfriend. But the neighbor claims to have witnessed this, and Ethan used to come knock on her door when they left him alone.

I haven't read up to this point, reading backwards, which is bad, I know. I've been busy this weekend but I must say, just seeing this on the news I just can not phatom why his back pack was not searched at the school during the meeting with the parents. It blows my mind that this kid who drew the pictures of blood and gore and murder was allowed to just go on to his class with his backpack on and no one bothered to check it.

Now we will never know if the gun was ditched into the bathroom. They should check footage to see if he went into the bathroom earlier. If not, it means he most likely did have the gun in his backpack the whole time.

It was after he left the bathroom that he started shooting.

Yes. Here's a link to Newsweek.

Ex-neighbor says she warned Children's Protective Services about Oxford shooter's parents

Furthermore, one of the articles about his family life said that the brother only lived there for a few months, didn't get along with the stepmother and went back to his own mother in Florida. I don't have that link available right now. But if that's the case, then Eli may not have witnessed this. Nor would Eli's mother, the father's ex-girlfriend. But the neighbor claims to have witnessed this, and Ethan used to come knock on her door when they left him alone.

Thanks. Appreciate the link. 2 sides to every coin.

Listen to both sides and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:
More than that. Working with all the attorneys, messages can go back and forth between Ethan and his parents.

The parents still have parental rights for a juvenile in custody but not sure how it works for them now.

LE couldn't speak to Ethan because his parents didn't give permission. Consider opinion unless I can locate this link.

Yes, that’s correct. I have only seen it stated as such without much detail.

The Crumbleys have not cooperated with authorities, nor have they given their son permission to talk with investigators, as is required for minors in Michigan, the county sheriff said.
Rewards offered for parents of Michigan shooting suspect after manslaughter charges — NBC News

Instead of turning themselves in for arraignment Friday, James and Jennifer Crumbley allegedly fled town, and were found overnight Saturday in a Detroit-area building that Detroit Police Chief James E. White said housed “artwork.”

It was Sikora’s studio. The artist’s attorney Clarence Dass said that the Crumbley parents went to Sikora’s studio Friday morning, but that his client did not know about the charges against them, or that they stayed after he left. The artist had had a “friendly relationship” with the couple, Dass said.

“There was a lot of confusion and the Crumbleys went to him for safety,” Dass said, according to The Associated Press. “He didn’t know about the charges. They were there in the daytime. He left in the early evening. He didn’t even know they were still there.”

Detroit Artist Entangled in the Search for Alleged Michigan School Shooter's Parents

What is next for EC and do we have the name of his attorney? I can't find it.

It isn’t clear who is representing EC. It could be inferred from the article that the same attorneys that are representing the parents are also representing EC.

Ferndale Mich. - During their arraignment Saturday morning, both James and Jennifer Crumbley said few words as they were read charges of involuntary manslaughter brought against them.

But the two-woman team selected to represent them, Shannon Smith and Mariell Lehman, had much more to say.

Defense attorney representing Crumbley parents also defended Larry Nasser

Crumbley and his parents have retained an attorney, Bouchard said. Attorney Scott Kozak, who represented Crumbley in court Wednesday but said he won’t be involved in the case moving forward, declined comment after the hearing.

Oakland prosecutor weighs charging parents of accused Oxford shooter

Ethan Crumbley has been charged as an adult with one count of terrorism causing death; four counts of first-degree murder; seven counts of assault with intent to murder; and 11 counts of possession of a firearm in commission of a felony.

A judge entered a not guilty plea for Ethan Crumbley on Wednesday. His next court appearance is scheduled for Dec. 13.

Parents of Michigan school shooting suspect plead not guilty, held on $500K bond each - ABC News

Degenerate, lax parents + troubled home life + unsecured guns at home = recipe for disaster.

Parents need to carefully examine their home life and children's behavior before they ever even mention there is a firearm at home, let alone introduce them to it.

Instead of turning themselves in for arraignment Friday, James and Jennifer Crumbley allegedly fled town, and were found overnight Saturday in a Detroit-area building that Detroit Police Chief James E. White said housed “artwork.”

It was Sikora’s studio. The artist’s attorney Clarence Dass said that the Crumbley parents went to Sikora’s studio Friday morning, but that his client did not know about the charges against them, or that they stayed after he left. The artist had had a “friendly relationship” with the couple, Dass said.

“There was a lot of confusion and the Crumbleys went to him for safety,” Dass said, according to The Associated Press. “He didn’t know about the charges. They were there in the daytime. He left in the early evening. He didn’t even know they were still there.”

Detroit Artist Entangled in the Search for Alleged Michigan School Shooter's Parents

Were they not safe in the motel they went to first? Why did they not call their attorney for advice if they were being threatened, or even call the police? I call BS. They went to an acquaintance who happened to have a space in a building near the Canadian border… with $4k cash. I would love to see or hear the communications between the Crumbleys and the artist that led up to them heading to the studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8