GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Oakland County Circuit Court judge this week delayed the trial for Jennifer and James Crumbley, originally scheduled to begin Oct. 24. A new trial date isn’t set.

Matthews has granted the motion to delay the trial and set what’s called a Daubert hearing, offering both sides a chance to argue why the expert testimony should or should not be admitted. That hearing is scheduled for Oct. 28.

I honestly think that the parents do have a major role here in the tragedy and should be held accountable. And I think Ethan has a myriad of mental issues.

That said.

Suppose it was a gender issue or anorexia or he thought he was lycanthropy and that drove Ethan off the deep end? Would the school personnel also be sitting in jail and waiting for trial?

If the school district isn’t obligated to warn a parent about a pending mental health issue, in fact now they are complicit in those endeavors, helping students hide information from their parents, what gives the Court the right to hold these parents in jail for failing to warn the school of Ethan’s other problems?

Why are parents required to notify educators of their children’s problems??? But educators are allowed and encouraged not to share with parents?

Michigan Department Of Education Trains Teachers To Hide Students’ Names, Pronouns From Parents

Michigan Department Of Education Trains Teachers To Hide Students' Names, Pronouns From Parents - Zipe-Education

By the way for clarity I'm not saying I agree but I think we are on a slippery slope with the various Departments of Education.

Pontiac — The Oxford couple facing charges related to the Nov. 30 school shooting involving their teenage son are arguing the Oakland County prosecutor's expert witness shouldn't be allowed to testify.

Defense attorneys for the Crumbleys argue the case against their clients has largely been driven by exaggeration and half-truths that will serve to prejudice the jury.

In an 11-page legal filing to Oakland County Circuit Judge Cheryl Matthews, defense attorneys Shannon Smith and Mariell Lehman contend “Much of the prosecution’s effort … is to seek the admission of irrelevant evidence disguised as information to bolster expert testimony about ‘pathways to violence.’”

Defense attorneys described the area of study as “relatively novel,” “there is not consistency among research findings” and “research to date does not provide helpful conclusions.”...

Im big on 2A and responsible ownership im happy when they charged the parent's maybe this will help get people to stop being stupid but who knows. i never agreed going after the gun companies the problem is people the parent's just like the dad who bought guns for the guy who shot up the parade not that long ago knowing his sons a psycopath wish they'd charge him too.

The Oxford school board president, who initially announced an independent review of Michigan's deadliest school shooting would not be conducted until criminal and civil litigation was over, resigned Wednesday.

It was not clear why Tom Donnelly, whose term ran through Dec. 31, 2024, resigned effective immediately from the elected board for Oxford Community Schools. Reached by phone Wednesday night, Donnelly, a pastor, declined to discuss the reasons behind his resignation, saying only: "Give me a day to pray and think about it."...

Lansing – The parents of accused Oxford High shooter Ethan Crumbley had an appeal of evidence in their related cases rejected Wednesday by the Michigan Court of Appeals.

Attorneys for James and Jennifer Crumbley had filed with the appellate court seeking to have some evidence in the case against their clients found inadmissible and obtain a stay in the couple's pending Oakland Circuit Court case pending further appeal. They got neither...

A second school board member from Oxford has resigned in less than a week, prompting questions by parents aboutn why two elected officials would leave at the start of the school year as the district works to recover from the Nov. 30 school shooting.

Korey Bailey, the board's treasurer, announced his resignation on Monday from the Oxford Community Schools board of education, effective immediately. Tom Donnelly, the board president, resigned last week.

On Tuesday, Bailey told The Detroit News he was not happy with the direction the board was going during a closed session at its Sept. 9 special meeting to discuss pending litigation about the shooting that killed four students and wounded six students and a teacher...

Quote snipped by me.
They aren't in jail for failing to warn the school, though.
Jennifer and James Crumbley are each charged with four counts of involuntary manslaughter after prosecutors accused the parents of giving their son easy access to a gun and disregarding signs that he was a threat before the November 30 shooting at Oxford High School.

How can we say the school isn't "disregarding signs" when they withhold critical information from the parents and the student is living a lie at home because it wasn't shared with the parents BUT the other classmates, teachers, bus driver, and cafeteria workers are all up to speed.

According to MDOE a change in what gender one identifies with, should be normalized by age 5. Educators are also taught ways they can change or hide a student’s name in their roster without changing any data that may be accessible to parents. The MDOE suggested that the training should extend past educators to “coaches, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, custodians and administrative support staff.” So they can all hide it? Just asking the question.

I'm sticking by my slippery slope comment but I do understand your position and thanks for the exchange.

Educators and administrators at Oxford Community Schools were advised not to participate in interviews for a third-party investigation into the Nov. 30 school massacre at Oxford High School, according to an email obtained by The Detroit News.

Darcie Brault, an outside attorney who does work for the Michigan Education Association, sent an email on July 19 to Oxford Education Association President Jim Gibbons that read: "This is what we should tell members to say: 'Because the district is involved in pending litigation, the district's attorneys have advised me not to make any unnecessary statements. Since this requested interview is voluntary, I decline based upon that advice.'"

Brault said she was relaying advice from district attorneys, including Tim Mullins, who represents the district in several civil lawsuits stemming from the school shooting that killed four students...

Major CYA going on in Oxford Schools. JMO

OXFORD, Mich. – For the second time in less than a week, an Oxford school board member has resigned, which has caused parents to have questions.

Last week it was former Oxford School Board President Tom Donnelly who resigned, and this week it was board treasurer Korey Bailey.

“I feel it’s the pressure from the lawyers for them not to speak out and talk, and at this point, I feel it’s an integrity issue for them,” said parent Andrea Jones. “They are at the point where they need to do that for the community and for themselves...

Educators and administrators at Oxford Community Schools were advised not to participate in interviews for a third-party investigation into the Nov. 30 school massacre at Oxford High School, according to an email obtained by The Detroit News.

Darcie Brault, an outside attorney who does work for the Michigan Education Association, sent an email on July 19 to Oxford Education Association President Jim Gibbons that read: "This is what we should tell members to say: 'Because the district is involved in pending litigation, the district's attorneys have advised me not to make any unnecessary statements. Since this requested interview is voluntary, I decline based upon that advice.'"

Brault said she was relaying advice from district attorneys, including Tim Mullins, who represents the district in several civil lawsuits stemming from the school shooting that killed four students...

Major CYA going on in Oxford Schools. JMO
Brault’s email advisory falls somewhere in between “No comment” and "Your honor, I respectfully invoke my rights under the Fifth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution on the grounds that answering questions may incriminate me."

jmo

OXFORD, Mich. – For the second time in less than a week, an Oxford school board member has resigned, which has caused parents to have questions.

Last week it was former Oxford School Board President Tom Donnelly who resigned, and this week it was board treasurer Korey Bailey.

“I feel it’s the pressure from the lawyers for them not to speak out and talk, and at this point, I feel it’s an integrity issue for them,” said parent Andrea Jones. “They are at the point where they need to do that for the community and for themselves...
Wow. So, the school board declined the offer made by the state’s attorney office to conduct an outside investigation and decided to go with an independent third party instead… only to advise staff to decline all interview requests from investigators due to the ongoing litigation. Again, all I can say is WOW! That’s certainly bold of the school board and not at all shady.

(That last part is sarcasm.)

The former president of the Oxford board of education says he worked hard to get answers to questions, demand accountability from the district and create a timeline of what happened after the Nov. 30 school massacre at Oxford High, but alleges district lawyers withheld documents, preventing him from making a difference.

So Tom Donnelly said he left less than one month into the new school year and as the Oakland County school district approaches the anniversary of a school shooting that claimed the lives of four students and fueled mistrust of school officials in the community.

Specifically, Donnelly alleged the district’s lawyers never sent the board a March 4 statement from the Oakland County prosecutor’s office about its role in any potential third-party investigation...

Pontiac — A judge has again ordered Oxford High School shooting suspect Ethan Crumbley to remain in the Oakland County Jail as he awaits his trial.

Crumbley, 16, is charged with killing four fellow students and wounding six others and a teacher after opening fire at the high school Nov. 30. He is charged with 24 felonies and faces life in prison if convicted...

Detroit — An attorney representing families of four students slain and others wounded in the Nov. 30 Oxford High School shooting said Thursday the 15-year-old shooter did show troubling signs that were noted to school officials.

"From the beginning of school, Ethan Crumbley was evidencing signs of being a highly troubled individual to say the least," said Detroit Attorney Ven Johnson during a press conference alongside parents of victims Justin Shilling, Keegan Gregory, and Tate Myre. "There weren't warning signs. There were stop signs everywhere especially, on Monday the (Nov.) 29th and Tuesday the 30th, (2021)."

During an hour-and-half press conference, Johnson detailed four red flags deriving from depositions of six Oxford High School officials that they believe could have prevented the tragedy had corrective action taken place.

Johnson's firm has several related lawsuits pending in Oakland Circuit Court and federal court. Johnson said he wants to argue the unconstitutionality of Oxford Community Schools — or any government body — “to hide behind governmental immunity.”...

OXFORD, Mich. – An attorney for victims of the Oxford High School shooting held a press conference on Thursday to detail new findings in the case.

Attorney Ven Johnson deposed several employees of the school who had direct contact with accused shooter Ethan Crumbly prior to the Nov. 30, 2021, shooting.

Crumbley is accused of killing four students and injuring seven other people, including a teacher. He is facing murder and terrorism charges as an adult.

Crumbley’s parents, Jennifer and James, are facing manslaughter charges. Several lawsuits have been filed against the school district alleging negligence.

“To me, this is beyond neglect it’s unforgivable. We have four angels that are gone, you know. I can’t find an excuse for dropping the ball. Again and again and again we’re learning all of these months later that this could have and should have been avoided. These children should be with us here today,” Justin Shilling’s mother Jill Soave said...

• September 22, 2022 9:09 pm
  • Evidence allegedly uncovered included a school assignment submitted by Crumbley in late August 2021 on which he drew what attorney Ven Johnson, who represents the victims and their families in a lawsuit, told reporters Thursday might be a magazine full of bullets, or a building. In sworn testimony, the teacher who discovered this drawing alleged she only saw the drawing on Nov. 29, just one day before the shooting.

• In another instance, a Sept. 8 email from a Spanish teacher to the school's counselor discusses a school assignment in which Crumbley allegedly wrote that he feels "terrible" and that his family "was a mistake," Johnson said on Thursday.

Despite the school counselor being informed of this instance, the counselor allegedly never spoke to Crumbley, Johnson alleged.

Weeks later, a teacher sent an email to the school counselor on Nov. 10 raising concerns about Crumbley, saying he is having a rough time and that he may need to speak to the counselor, Johnson alleged.

The counselor testified in his deposition that he went down to Crumbley's classroom and asked him to step out into the hallway. The counselor then allegedly told Crumbley that if he is having a tough time, the counselor was available to speak with him. Crumbley allegedly responded "okay," according to Johnson.

Johnson criticized the counselor's actions, saying more needed to be done and that the counselor needed to follow up with Crumbley, considering this was the second time concerning behavior had been flagged to the counselor.

• According to Johnson, another email uncovered was sent from a teacher to the dean of students and another school official, telling them that Crumbley was seen in class looking at photos of bullets on his cell phone. The teacher then looked at some of Crumbley's previous work completed earlier in the year and said it "leans a bit toward the violent side," Johnson alleges the email said.

Last edited:
The independent team hired to conduct an investigation into the Nov. 2021 shooting at Oxford High School is hosting interview sessions with community members this month.

Oxford families, students and community members with information relevant to the events leading up to, on or after Nov. 30, or with information regarding the handling of the tragic events, are invited to schedule time to speak with the Guidepost team.

Private interviews will be held at two locations on Oct. 12, 13 and 14. Individuals who wish to schedule an interview may choose the location and date most convenient for them by selecting the link to their preferred location...

An outside consulting firm leading the third-party investigation into the Nov. 30 mass shooting at Oxford High School is opening interviews up to students, families and members of the public next week.

Guidepost Solutions, an investigations, regulatory compliance, monitoring and security consulting firm, is hosting scheduled in-person interviews next week to speak to individuals regarding "the handling" of the attack that took the lives of four students and injured seven others, including a teacher.

Private interviews will be held Oct. 12, 13 and 14 at two locations in Oakland County — the Oxford Public Library and SpringHill Suites in Orion Township. Guidepost has created an online page to schedule interviews. Parents may attend interviews with their Oxford High School children, Guidepost officials said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member