GUILTY MI - 4 students killed, 6 injured, Oxford High School shooting, 30 Nov 2021 *Arrest incl parents* *teen guilty* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Oakland County judge has denied the Oxford High School shooter's parents' request to attend their son's sentencing hearing in December.

James and Jennifer Crumbley, who are currently in the Oakland County Jail awaiting their own trial on charges connected to the shooting, requested Thursday to attend the Dec. 8 sentencing. In their request, it notes that the hearing is of "paramount importance" and would be to any parent, regardless of what their child has done.

Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Cheryl Matthews denied the request Friday without a hearing...

The parents of the Oxford teen who shot and killed four classmates in November 2021 as well as injured seven others say their son never asked them for mental health treatment, contrary to his claims.

James and Jennifer Crumbley said they had no reason to believe their son, who was 15 at the time of the shooting, was suffering from mental health concerns that would require him to get treatment, according to a request for evidence filed by the couple's attorneys.

"Evidence claiming that the shooter was asking his parents to get him to a doctor or get him help was sent in text messages to the shooter's friend — this was not information that either parent knew he was claiming, and the parents deny that he ever asked them to seek treatment for him," attorneys Mariell Lehman and Shannon Smith wrote in their request Monday...

The parents of the Oxford teen who shot and killed four classmates in November 2021 as well as injured seven others say their son never asked them for mental health treatment, contrary to his claims.

James and Jennifer Crumbley said they had no reason to believe their son, who was 15 at the time of the shooting, was suffering from mental health concerns that would require him to get treatment, according to a request for evidence filed by the couple's attorneys.

"Evidence claiming that the shooter was asking his parents to get him to a doctor or get him help was sent in text messages to the shooter's friend — this was not information that either parent knew he was claiming, and the parents deny that he ever asked them to seek treatment for him," attorneys Mariell Lehman and Shannon Smith wrote in their request Monday...
oh FFS!
These people. I just can't. Throw away the key already. They will never take responsibility for their role in all this, so can we just be done with this farce already? They sicken me.

I doubt we'll ever know, but I'm more than a little curious about who is paying for James and Jennifer's attorneys. Neither of these local lawyers comes cheap. I don't think the Crumbleys have that kind of money for legal fees. JMO

I doubt we'll ever know, but I'm more than a little curious about who is paying for James and Jennifer's attorneys. Neither of these local lawyers comes cheap. I don't think the Crumbleys have that kind of money for legal fees. JMO
That is a very good question, isn't it?

Without getting too far into their extended families, I will say I don't think that would be a source.

Do they have some sort of benefactor? They didn't seem to have a lot of family friends, at least none we heard from, that I recall. Only the horse people, and that was more of a situational acquaintance, I think.

Could the attorneys be doing this on a sliding scale, knowing it's the first case of it's kind, and knowing the surrounding attention that brings?

James has an older son who lived with them for a while. I wonder if he'll be called to testify?

I was just going to ask about the other son. There was something odd there, if I remember rightly, like he refused to live with them. Did we ever find out the full story?

That is a very good question, isn't it?

Without getting too far into their extended families, I will say I don't think that would be a source.

Do they have some sort of benefactor? They didn't seem to have a lot of family friends, at least none we heard from, that I recall. Only the horse people, and that was more of a situational acquaintance, I think.

Could the attorneys be doing this on a sliding scale, knowing it's the first case of it's kind, and knowing the surrounding attention that brings?

James has an older son who lived with them for a while. I wonder if he'll be called to testify?

I think the attorneys are doing it for the publicity. It is a high profile case, the very first of its kind. Likely it is taking a lot from them and their small firm, but it is a very interesting case.
So if they lose- not sure how the publicity is helpful. I applaud them for doing so.

If they win- I wonder if other cases will still be coming up where parents are held responsible? I can’t see DAs all over the country choosing to hold parents responsible if these two attorneys win and the parents are let go.

Not sure the success of the attorneys would be helpful to this small law firm.

JMO

I think the attorneys are doing it for the publicity. It is a high profile case, the very first of its kind. Likely it is taking a lot from them and their small firm, but it is a very interesting case.
So if they lose- not sure how the publicity is helpful. I applaud them for doing so.

If they win- I wonder if other cases will still be coming up where parents are held responsible? I can’t see DAs all over the country choosing to hold parents responsible if these two attorneys win and the parents are let go.

Not sure the success of the attorneys would be helpful to this small law firm.

JMO
When attorneys Shannon Smith and Mariell Lehman began representing James and Jennifer Crumbley, they were in practice together. That is no longer the case. Both now have separate law practices.

Missteps and failures by Oxford Community School's former superintendent and two former members of his cabinet snowballed to allow the Oxford High School shooter to slip through the school's threat assessment and suicide intervention systems and carry out Michigan's worst school shooting, according to a 572-page report issued late Monday night.

Investigators with Guidepost Solutions, the organization that conducted the first independent investigation into the Nov. 30, 2021 attack at Oxford High School, laid blame for the shooting on Tim Throne, who was superintendent at the time of the attack and in the days leading up to it.

The report also put a major responsibility for the shooting on Jill Lemond and Denise Sweat, both former assistant superintendents for student services, titles that Guidepost said made them responsible for creating and carrying out an appropriate threat assessment and suicide intervention process...

The long-anticipated investigative report from Guidepost Solutions comes nearly two years after violence and chaos unfolded inside a Michigan high school on Nov. 30, 2021, and aims to answer some questions that have lingered for Oxford victims and their families.

Four students — Hana St. Juliana, 14; Madisyn Baldwin, 17; Tate Myre, 16; and Justin Shilling, 17 — were killed and seven others, including a teacher, were injured in the mass shooting at Oxford High School.

The gunman, Ethan Crumbley, was a 15-year-old sophomore at the time of the attack who plotted the killing spree in a journal and used a Sig Sauer 9 mm semi-automatic handgun to kill classmates and shoot at others...

The teenager who shot and killed four classmates at Oxford High School in November 2021 has asked the court to allow two people to speak on his behalf at his sentencing next month, though it was not clear who those people would be.

Ethan Crumbley, 17, will be sentenced to up to life in prison Dec. 8 for one count of terrorism causing death, four counts of first-degree murder, seven counts of attempted murder and 12 counts of felony firearm.

Oakland County Circuit Court Judge Kwame Rowe can sentence the teen to either life without parole or a term of years ranging from 25 to 40 years at the minimum and a maximum of 60 years...

Uploaded by​

CBS News Detroit

Oxford Community Schools Independent Report On The Shooting At Oxford High School On November 30, 2021

Warning: The information discussed in this report is of a sensitive and traumaticnature involving gun violence, death, harm of children, and suicide and may bepotentially activating for victims and survivors.

Last edited:

Uploaded by​

CBS News Detroit

Oxford Community Schools Independent Report On The Shooting At Oxford High School On November 30, 2021

Warning: The information discussed in this report is of a sensitive and traumaticnature involving gun violence, death, harm of children, and suicide and may bepotentially activating for victims and survivors.

I wonder if any of the information discussed in the report will be used by the defense in some way during EC's parents trial.

"James Crumbley should be aware of the fact that (his wife) Jennifer Crumbley has placed blame on him in jail communications," Oakland County Assistant Prosecutor Marc Keast wrote in a new filing.
With their involuntary manslaughter trial 11 weeks away, a thorny issue in the case has resurfaced for the Crumbleys: their defense strategy. James and Jennifer Crumbley each have their own lawyer, but have mounted a joint defense since their arrests. Prosecutors have long been concerned with this arrangement, arguing it creates a conflict of interests that could trigger a mistrial, especially if the parents turn on each other or present conflicting stories.

"James Crumbley should be aware of the fact that (his wife) Jennifer Crumbley has placed blame on him in jail communications," Oakland County Assistant Prosecutor Marc Keast wrote in a new filing.
With their involuntary manslaughter trial 11 weeks away, a thorny issue in the case has resurfaced for the Crumbleys: their defense strategy. James and Jennifer Crumbley each have their own lawyer, but have mounted a joint defense since their arrests. Prosecutors have long been concerned with this arrangement, arguing it creates a conflict of interests that could trigger a mistrial, especially if the parents turn on each other or present conflicting stories.
I'm not at all surprised by this. I always figured that one of the parents would throw the other under the bus. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717